Perks Skills Crew skills crew perks perks and skills

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Tunka_Elk #1 Posted Aug 25 2017 - 20:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20759 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2

I'm a long time player and I have never seen a thread or a video that goes in-depth on perks and skills and how they may work together.

For instance; If a commander has Eagle Eye, the ability to identify damaged modules and crew, is it displayed when you spot a tank that has been damaged? If so, how? A screen shot possibly to help?

Another question; If the commander has Eagle Eye and the gunner has Dead Eye, an increase in chances by 3% to hit a damaged module, do the two perks compliment each other? i.e., The commander sees that the engine has been damaged, does the Dead Eye perk increase the chance to hit the already damaged module or modules? Does the Eagle Eye perk cross over into the gun sight to enable the gunner to aim for the damaged module?

These are just a couple of the questions that came to my mind as I leveled up crews. I'm sure there are others that have questions.

Three years ago, Quicky Baby posted 6 You Tube videos that skim over HIS recommendations for skill sets for the tank classes. The very first video, that was listed as a 22 minute video, plays for about 4 minutes then stops. That one was supposed to be a discussion and overview of the various skills and perks. I did watch the others and it gave some in-sight into how to apply skills and perks but, never went in-depth on the how and why. Also, they were 3 years old so quite possibly out of date.

Any help would be appreciated and if anyone has any questions or answers, feel free to post to this thread. I will be following it.

Thanks! :honoring:

Ndtm #2 Posted Aug 25 2017 - 20:24

Major

• Players
  • 15883 battles

If you aim at an enemy then the eagle eye will activate and show what is damaged, and no, having dead eye and eagle eye won't make it 'target' a certain module, you still have to aim on the tank itself wherever the modules are

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Crew#Perks

The Eagle Eye Perk enables the Commander to identify any critically damaged modules on a targeted enemy vehicle after a delay of 4 seconds. Indicators for each damaged module will then appear below the targeted vehicle, allowing you to target them for further damage. It will only work for enemies Spotted by your crew, not for enemy contacts relayed by your team mates.

Primarily helpful for brawlers and flankers.

The Deadeye Perk enables the Gunner to increase, by a fixed amount of 3%, the chance that a shot will critically damage enemy vehicle modules and crew with AP, APCR, or HEAT shells. It does not work with HE shells. If two Gunners on the vehicle have the Perk, the effect is not cumulative.

If combined with the Eagle Eye Perk, you'll be able to get an idea of how well this Perk is working.

ShookYang #3 Posted Aug 25 2017 - 20:46

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8384 battles
  • [5LINE] 5LINE

Eagle doesn't help Deadeye, I don't think.

If you watch some of QB's replays or streams, he'll play some tanks that has Eagle Eye.  You'll know it, because around the reticle, you'll see icons for modules and crew if one of those is damaged.

Similar to the siege mode tanks.  When your tracked, you can see the icon around your reticle that tells you so (as if you couldn't figure it out for yourself).

Themutt36 #4 Posted Aug 25 2017 - 20:57

Captain

• Players
  • 20459 battles
  • [DV] DV

You would still have to aim at the damaged module, so no, Eagle eye does not 'connect to dead eye.   It shows you that the engine or fuel tanks are damaged, and that would be a good spot to aim for.

However I believe snapshot is helped by smooth ride on the driver.

Tunka_Elk #5 Posted Aug 26 2017 - 00:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20759 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2
Thank you all for replies. Between yinz and my new mentor, I got it!  Again, thanks! :great:

NL_Celt #6 Posted Aug 26 2017 - 03:00

Major

• Players
  • 25040 battles
EE is not a great perk for most people and most tanks. You need to be aiming continuously at a tank for 4 seconds for it to then indicate IF there are any damaged modules. If none are damaged it doesn't do you any good other than indicate that he's not hindered in any way. If you see a tank has some module damage you still have to hit that module.  That may not be possible. If you do hit having DE will help the chances you further damage that module. And how often will you be sitting aiming at a tank for 4 full seconds. Depending on the tank and the situation probably not that often. 

cheapbooks #7 Posted Aug 27 2017 - 04:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32075 battles
  • [CBKS] CBKS

Eagle Eye is good for spotters who are just monitoring other tanks.

also, I have it for 1 crew member and it usually comes on when an enemy tank is tracked and your are waiting to take a second shot.

scyorkie #8 Posted Aug 27 2017 - 05:23

Major

• Players
  • 66017 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

I have 5-skill commanders and none of them have Eagle Eye.

These are all more valuable than EE:

- 6th sense

- repairs / BIA / camo (priority depends on the tank / skills you have)

- situational awareness (if the commander is also the radioman) / recon / jack of all trades

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users