Jump to content


AMX CDC - requires top speed increase


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

6EVIL9 #1 Posted Aug 26 2017 - 04:15

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 31735 battles
  • 29
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

Hi

As we know CDC is rather unique tank, that offers unique game play. This game play only suits very experienced tankers as CDC has no armor, and any HE shell rips it apart. And any shot penetrates it. With new MM CDC faces tier 10s in 80% of the time and can offer nothing apart from lucky shot from 400meters.

 

CDC is mobile and has power but top speed of 55kmph really lets it down. The tank is huge and is easy target for anyone, and again having no armor forces this tank to be played as TD, a crap TD.

And when compared to Skorpion G, CDC loses in every aspect apart from hull traverse speed.

 

So what really this tank lacks is top speed. Please consider increasing the top speed of this tank to 65Kmph, and then CDC will be played as it was designed and will be able to offer something in tier 9-10 battles.

 



Tahllol #2 Posted Aug 26 2017 - 04:53

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 7411 battles
  • 541
  • Member since:
    01-31-2016

View Post6EVIL9, on Aug 26 2017 - 04:15, said:

Hi

As we know CDC is rather unique tank, that offers unique game play. This game play only suits very experienced tankers as CDC has no armor, and any HE shell rips it apart. And any shot penetrates it. With new MM CDC faces tier 10s in 80% of the time and can offer nothing apart from lucky shot from 400meters.

 

CDC is mobile and has power but top speed of 55kmph really lets it down. The tank is huge and is easy target for anyone, and again having no armor forces this tank to be played as TD, a crap TD.

And when compared to Skorpion G, CDC loses in every aspect apart from hull traverse speed.

 

So what really this tank lacks is top speed. Please consider increasing the top speed of this tank to 65Kmph, and then CDC will be played as it was designed and will be able to offer something in tier 9-10 battles.

 

 

Well that explains over half the tanks in the game of having no armor, unlike the rest the CDC has a good gun and accuracy. Besides wthdoes a tank with a big gun need speed faster than LIGHTS.

landedkiller #3 Posted Aug 26 2017 - 04:57

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 7757 battles
  • 1,352
  • Member since:
    04-01-2013
it is outclassed and powercreeped in a lot of ways

hector1470 #4 Posted Aug 26 2017 - 05:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 30352 battles
  • 2,140
  • [R-7] R-7
  • Member since:
    09-24-2011

View PostTahllol, on Aug 26 2017 - 04:53, said:

 

Well that explains over half the tanks in the game of having no armor, unlike the rest the CDC has a good gun and accuracy. Besides wthdoes a tank with a big gun need speed faster than LIGHTS.

 

You have no idea what you're saying. Unlike most lights, the CDC is a gigantic tank, with no camo on the move as other lights, has a gun destroyed by soft stats and it barely speeds faster than light tanks. Even then, it has a limit on how fast it goes and that's 57kmh compared to the easily 60+ on light tanks. 

waga100 #5 Posted Aug 26 2017 - 05:30

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19439 battles
  • 1,841
  • [GOD_Z] GOD_Z
  • Member since:
    05-09-2012

It's got enough of a top speed to do everything it needs. 

It's kind of locked into the huge no armour platform. It's supposed to be a sniper glass cannon thing except the problem is the guns [edited]. Either give it good enough bloom it can put out its damage constantly and accually use ridges without missing every shot or getting nuked or give it massive dpm so when it does get its gun onto stuff without getting melted it puts out above average damage (which will still be low because tier 8 mediums).



CedricMacLaren #6 Posted Aug 26 2017 - 05:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 14577 battles
  • 3,331
  • [RECKT] RECKT
  • Member since:
    02-24-2013

View PostTahllol, on Aug 25 2017 - 21:53, said:

 

Well that explains over half the tanks in the game of having no armor, unlike the rest the CDC has a good gun and accuracy. Besides wthdoes a tank with a big gun need speed faster than LIGHTS.

 

Lights have something better base camo and better agility. Not to mention they have the same camo when moving as they do when sitting still.  So, try again. 

flowerpower210 #7 Posted Aug 26 2017 - 08:21

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 18486 battles
  • 324
  • [TUF] TUF
  • Member since:
    02-25-2011
The CDC is fast & can relocate. If you have foresight, you will do very well in it. That, along with its gun, are its main strengths. I don't own a CDC. Instead, I opted for a Mutz. It is slower, but similar in many regards. I love the thing.

Tahllol #8 Posted Aug 26 2017 - 17:21

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 7411 battles
  • 541
  • Member since:
    01-31-2016

View Posthector1470, on Aug 26 2017 - 05:25, said:

 

You have no idea what you're saying. Unlike most lights, the CDC is a gigantic tank, with no camo on the move as other lights, has a gun destroyed by soft stats and it barely speeds faster than light tanks. Even then, it has a limit on how fast it goes and that's 57kmh compared to the easily 60+ on light tanks. 

 

Can't read the original post asking for it to get a speed boost? Besides its a "MEDIUM" tank. So who doesn't know what they are talking about?

 

Hell they should be removing CAMO on the move from all tanks as well as after a tank fires.



Taupmatism #9 Posted Aug 26 2017 - 19:03

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 48158 battles
  • 183
  • [H_F] H_F
  • Member since:
    09-11-2015
CDC needs some love by WoT as preferential matchmaking to not be in tierX battle.

Aranai #10 Posted Aug 26 2017 - 19:43

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 4441 battles
  • 119
  • [FURST] FURST
  • Member since:
    08-06-2013
AMX CDC is fine, but the IS-6 on the other hand....Oh boy....

hector1470 #11 Posted Aug 26 2017 - 20:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 30352 battles
  • 2,140
  • [R-7] R-7
  • Member since:
    09-24-2011

View PostTahllol, on Aug 26 2017 - 17:21, said:

 

Can't read the original post asking for it to get a speed boost? Besides its a "MEDIUM" tank. So who doesn't know what they are talking about?

 

Hell they should be removing CAMO on the move from all tanks as well as after a tank fires.

 

I've been on the forums for a bit and 90% of the time, people with terrible ideas/opinions are bad at this game. That already speaks for itself so I won't go on further with near sighted individuals. 

KingofDragons #12 Posted Aug 27 2017 - 01:56

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 16329 battles
  • 223
  • Member since:
    05-14-2011
CDC is not fine..  terrible ground resistance and gear ratio = cant hit 60..  It is made out of glass .. Glass does not belong on battlefield .. if at least it could bounce some shots but it can't even do that right.. I don't even play mine anymore .. i just use it to mountain goat and even that is being taken away..

6EVIL9 #13 Posted Sep 09 2017 - 03:08

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 31735 battles
  • 29
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

I guess people don't read the topic.

Topic is about giving CDC a bit more top speed to ensure it fulfills what it was made for- fast relocating tank with no camo or armor but decent gun.

if you check other mediums you will see that almost all of them have top speed of 50+

and comparing to Type 59 with top speed of 56kmph, really makes me to ask wth?

 

as per your IS6, it only needs better pen with gold. 235 for example

 

 

 



Boomer_Thorsen #14 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 00:33

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 16860 battles
  • 110
  • [BOTZ] BOTZ
  • Member since:
    01-05-2016

More speed would be better but to me it needs to be shrunk, thing is huge, and the gun is meh.  It really has nothing going for it.

 



zarg12 #15 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 00:51

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 19713 battles
  • 835
  • [REL2] REL2
  • Member since:
    02-27-2011
My maus and mauschen needs more speed too

landedkiller #16 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 03:37

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 7757 battles
  • 1,352
  • Member since:
    04-01-2013

View Postzarg12, on Sep 09 2017 - 17:51, said:

My maus and mauschen needs more speed too

 

well your Mauschen actually go it's stock suspension speed increased so there you go

misterwit #17 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 20:47

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 12674 battles
  • 703
  • [NOKAP] NOKAP
  • Member since:
    06-15-2011

CDC would be fine if WG would stop making such terrible, boring, flat city maps.

 

But they love jousting because nothing evens the playing field like 0-mobility corridors, gold ammo, and high alpha guns.



Ape_Drape #18 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 20:39

    Captain

  • Players
  • 36474 battles
  • 1,207
  • [SOT] SOT
  • Member since:
    06-13-2011

View Post6EVIL9, on Aug 26 2017 - 04:15, said:

Hi

As we know CDC is rather unique tank, that offers unique game play. This game play only suits very experienced tankers as CDC has no armor, and any HE shell rips it apart. And any shot penetrates it. With new MM CDC faces tier 10s in 80% of the time and can offer nothing apart from lucky shot from 400meters.

 

CDC is mobile and has power but top speed of 55kmph really lets it down. The tank is huge and is easy target for anyone, and again having no armor forces this tank to be played as TD, a crap TD.

And when compared to Skorpion G, CDC loses in every aspect apart from hull traverse speed.

 

So what really this tank lacks is top speed. Please consider increasing the top speed of this tank to 65Kmph, and then CDC will be played as it was designed and will be able to offer something in tier 9-10 battles.

 

 

If you think that is bad, then you should try the Panzer IV S.

Ape_Drape #19 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 20:43

    Captain

  • Players
  • 36474 battles
  • 1,207
  • [SOT] SOT
  • Member since:
    06-13-2011

View Post6EVIL9, on Sep 09 2017 - 03:08, said:

I guess people don't read the topic.

Topic is about giving CDC a bit more top speed to ensure it fulfills what it was made for- fast relocating tank with no camo or armor but decent gun.

if you check other mediums you will see that almost all of them have top speed of 50+

and comparing to Type 59 with top speed of 56kmph, really makes me to ask wth?

 

as per your IS6, it only needs better pen with gold. 235 for example

 

 

 

 

Ahem...

The Type 59 barely sees the + side of 40kph unless going down a hill is involved. The slightest bit of turn and you are back under 40 kph. Going up hill it can't get out of it's own way. It also has [edited]armor and it's gun can barely hit the broadside of a barn from inside the barn.



dominator_98 #20 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 00:18

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 11839 battles
  • 745
  • [MUG-G] MUG-G
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014
CDC has the worst armor tier for tier in the game as far as meds are concerned (Leopard is bad too, but not as bad imo). Honestly, the best stats of this tank are nothing special at best. Then factor in all these Japanese derp guns running around. The CDC could use a buff, although personally I'd rather see significantly better soft stats for the gun than a top speed increase.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users