WG should have prepared the mechanism to migrate servers PRIOR/READY before the Server Merge.

server NA SEA Australia New Zealand merge

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

tdjohnston #1 Posted Aug 27 2017 - 05:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 20631 battles
Wargaming should have had the foresight knowing that issues will arise for people in the E.U., SEA/Oceania with the server merge, I understand and appreciate that Wargaming are "working" on a migration plan, however I also do believe that Wargaming should have had the process to migrate worked out before or ready for the NA server merge. If they took all players not just NA players into consideration then they would have delayed the merge until the option to migrate was implemented.

I know many will say well it is the NA client off the game, however I would argue for many off us not located in North America have/had valid reasons as to why we play on the NA server, some started before there was a SEA/SGP server available, some of us due to language and affinity, and for myself as I live and work going between Australia and South East Asia, I was getting better ping playing on the NA West server when I was in Australia than I did playing on the SEA server, and when I was in Manila I still had under 200ms with the NA West Server. I know now that Australian players have significantly better ping with the SEA server than they did in the past. In the past it was worse than trying to play on the NA Eastcoast server.

Another reason as to why I play on the NA server was for the long term continuity as I will be relocating back to the UK at some point and I would like to continue playing a game that I have already spent my fair share of real money on and knowing that many people in the UK played on the NA East server was a valid option for me , and at this point I am willing to migrate to the the SEA server and i have come to the decision that when I do move back to the UK in a few years that I will be more than willing to start fresh.

I also understand that there will be ongoing issues with the new server, just like anything new, and maybe just maybe it will be stable enough for us AU/NZ players to stay on the NA server however the option to migrate servers should still have been an option available at the time of the merge.

Vladimir_K_BestPlayerNA #2 Posted Aug 27 2017 - 05:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1425 battles

Definitely a good point. Perhaps it was because they needed to have the actual server in use so that they could optimize it based on certain numbers? What do I know? Or maybe they couldn't see at their old East and West locations anymore and had to get rid of them, which again is poor planning.

Morbid_ #3 Posted Aug 27 2017 - 06:12

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8135 battles
  • [FUSON] FUSON

Wargaming doesn't want to lose people on their NA server.

Just like the SEA server.

So they'll offer transfers TO SEA or US server in due time.

But if you think they'll let you transfer out of US server. Yeah right.

We pay them a lot of money too.

Its not a great business decision. So they won't let it happen .Case and point.

Think about it.  If you go and buy premiums on the new server you want to play on. Wargaming is that much richer.

Its just a little game they play.

And them merging NA west and east is PROOF. They are going down hill.

More servers = more money for them.

They honestly should just charge 50$ to transfer. and then be done with it.

Edited by Morbid_, Aug 27 2017 - 06:18.

kebab6597 #4 Posted Aug 27 2017 - 08:35

Major

• Players
  • 52286 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

I was told by a friend the players from AU/NZ have had emails asking them if they want to transfer if this is true then they are obviously going to do them first as they are probably the players most effected by the merger

Once they have them transferred WG said they would then look at possibly transferring EU/SA players

I guess we just have to sit back and wait ofcourse all of this would be totally unnecessary if they had implemented the roaming they promised 4 years ago 

Lugia345 #5 Posted Aug 27 2017 - 08:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 34699 battles
Roaming is pretty Bad just transfer and we can leave for good

tdjohnston #6 Posted Aug 27 2017 - 09:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 20631 battles
I havent received any e-mails regarding a server migration for AU/NZ players.... strange I have created a ticket just in-case

CynicalDutchie #7 Posted Aug 27 2017 - 09:09

Major

• Players
  • 35816 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
I'm also still waiting on the server transfer to EU, WG is sure taking their sweet time.

zed2204 #8 Posted Aug 27 2017 - 09:18

Captain

• -Players-
  • 35655 battles
  • [LIO] LIO

View PostMorbid_, on Aug 27 2017 - 06:12, said:

Wargaming doesn't want to lose people on their NA server.

Just like the SEA server.

So they'll offer transfers TO SEA or US server in due time.

But if you think they'll let you transfer out of US server. Yeah right.

We pay them a lot of money too.

Its not a great business decision. So they won't let it happen .Case and point.

Think about it.  If you go and buy premiums on the new server you want to play on. Wargaming is that much richer.

Its just a little game they play.

And them merging NA west and east is PROOF. They are going down hill.

More servers = more money for them.

They honestly should just charge 50$ to transfer. and then be done with it.

There is no point of keeping us, the ping now is not enjoyable to play so we play way less, and no one is buying things for a game that doesn't run well, so we are neither numbers or customers

As for starting anew, yes some will do it, mostly people will low game count and little stuff bought that will catch on in a few months, but old players with so many things grinded and tons of premiums ( some you can't buy anymore ) I can't start again, do the same grinds again, I better start a new game at least it will be interesting finding out new stuff and getting good, playng WOT from T1 was fun the first time but now not so much

So I play 30 battles a day and pay to WG EU is the smarter decision than I play 30 battles a week on NA and buy nothing

And our need to move is not our fault, NA get to 1 server to save money and it doesn't need to charge us for a transfer that we need because of it

Edited by zed2204, Aug 27 2017 - 09:18.

FighterAce #9 Posted Aug 27 2017 - 10:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22292 battles

Server transfers should have been enabled since the game launched. People travel and whatnot all the time so it makes no sense to be permanently tied to one server cluster.

Also tagged with server, NA, SEA, Australia, New Zealand, merge

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users