french TDs french AMX AC 48 AMX 50 Foch

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Gnevsie #1 Posted Aug 28 2017 - 15:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1930 battles
Greetings fellow plebians!

I'm questioning WG's decisions at the moment, I've played the 48, Foch 50 and Foch 50b, rather enjoyed them all, be it they still have some issues and as for all those complaining that the Foch 50B is the new WTFE100, do please check out the AMX 50B, as I'm pretty sure from personally comparing the both, they share the same gun! just the Foch 50B gets two extra rounds! but has pretty much, in general the same gun handling characteristics, so wouldn't that make the AMX 50B the old 'new' WTFE100? considering it has a turret and has so many advantages over picking up the AMX Foch 50B!

Regardless of that however, lets hope they don't consign the new Foch 50B to the pits of useless and worthless like its unfortunate sister, the Foch 155! But hey, it's getting better armour! you might say? ... and? I'm pretty sure most of our delightful CC's agree on this point! completely irrelevant. Why you might ask? well, we could even put upto 3000mm's of frontal armour on this thing, but ... theres always the fact that it has a pair of huge grotesque weakspots that make any form of armour on these three french pinup girls completely and utterly useless! they're large enough and unarmoured enough that you can reliably snipe them with even the damn AMX 50 100, Lorraine 40t, AMX 13's and the Batchats! ... and they don't exactly have the best of gun handling characteristics do they? whats more, you can reliably pen them with the good ol' stronk russian gun!

So, I'd like to suggest an idea, why don't we include the up armouring of those large tumours in the AMX AC 46, 48, Foch and Foch 50B? at-least give it a chance to bounce a round, or eat a heat shell for no damage, why? because by all counts it would be spaced armour, its a range finder, it did not lead into the fighting compartment, by all accounts it should act as though spaced armour, the French aren't stupid WG.

Some added pictures with stats.

Edited by Gnevsie, Aug 28 2017 - 17:13.

HowitzerBlitzer #2 Posted Aug 28 2017 - 17:07

Major

• Players
  • 14877 battles

No turret, tier 9 tank platform, gun handling isn't the best...

It'll be rage inducing, but for the drivers of it instead of the enemies.

thehelmsman #3 Posted Aug 28 2017 - 17:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7820 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM
The Foches are losing the vulnerability to being overmatched on their side armor. That, by itself, is an ENORMOUS buff, to say nothing of the improved gun arcs. Let's see how they do with that before we go making the front virtually invulnerable to regular ammo, like the Type 5 and the Maus.

--Helms

84Doc04 #4 Posted Aug 28 2017 - 18:02

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17906 battles
  • [E-T-D] E-T-D

View Postthehelmsman, on Aug 28 2017 - 11:23, said:

The Foches are losing the vulnerability to being overmatched on their side armor. That, by itself, is an ENORMOUS buff, to say nothing of the improved gun arcs. Let's see how they do with that before we go making the front virtually invulnerable to regular ammo, like the Type 5 and the Maus.

--Helms

I played it a bunch on the test server and it actually felt very balanced.  The rate of fire and 6 shot autoloader was really fun, but not OP.  It wasn't the best for accuracy, and had mediocre depression at -6 degrees, and the pen wasn't awesome either.  Fast reload for the clip was a nice offset to cruddy pen.

No matter what the paper stats say, this tank will be really good in the hands of a pro, and really troll for lesser mortals.  It had some great moments (I got lucky with setting an enemy on fire and killed 2 entire tanks with 1 clip), to the bad moments (where I fired 5 magazines full without doing more than a tracking shot.  Love getting trolled by your own gun...)   

Some folks will undoubtedly rage against it like they do the Skorp and E25, but all-in-all, it's very well (surprisingly for WG) balanced.....

I'm looking forward to the patch.

Gnevsie #5 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 11:22

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1930 battles
Danke' danke - I'm merely frustrated with all these moronic crying babies shouting 'OP OP! OP' without having even touched the damn thing, simply because they saw Circon ... [edited]Circon play it, Circon of all people, in a test server environment, like of course he's going to make this damn tank look beastly, because ...It's Circon on the Test Server

Hoping these morons don't end up ruining the one time the french may end up with a decently balanced tier 10 TD that isn't stuck in the unfortunate situation of, buff it? becomes op, nerf it? becomes the worst T10 TD in the game ... AKA Foch 155.

Also this whole thing about it being able to clip an IS-4 ... or Clip tier 8's ... and? the 155 can potentially clip an IS-7 at the moment, and can definitely clip any tier 8 tank.

Edited by Gnevsie, Aug 30 2017 - 09:54.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users