Be prepared for a terrible experience

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

pIay4funz #21 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 17:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 29 battles
RNG is the very LEAST of OP's personal problems.

TheBattleMaster8 #22 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 17:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11861 battles
  • [R3TRO] R3TRO
I just laugh when people try and act like this game is super difficult to play and/or has a steep learning curve. First of all, op is talking about rng. You cannot control rng. Sure you can gain a better understanding of armor/penetration values, various ammunitions, critical hits spots and so and so forth. But the fact of the matter is it ALL comes down to a roll that your skill has nothing to do with. You CAN bounce a hit off a completely green, flat piece of armor. You CAN speed down a hill at 70 km/h, take a random blind shot across the map and ammo rack the top tier heavy for an instant kill. You did not influence that shot with your "skill." Most of you probably don't play many other games, so you wouldn't know one way or the other, but this game doesn't have a steep learning curve, at all. It takes maybe a few weeks (if you're slow) to learn which bushes to take early (and which bushes to blind fire early, or throughout the length of the game), where to go and what to do in any given tank. It takes a small amount of time to look up any number of websites that can give you a breakdown of each tank's weakspots. You can very easily learn the statistics of any vehicle you own in-game. This game does not have a steep learning curve. Don't take this comment the wrong way and assume I'm saying this game doesn't require talent to be good at. If that were the case there would be no high/low elo. I'm just saying NO amount of knowledge can guarantee your victory or survival when it comes down to it. So stop telling other people to find a different game more suited to their personality, don't tell new players that this game has a steep learning curve, and stop acting like you all can do better than everyone who has a different opinion than you. If you think RNG is not the leading factor in your wins or losses, than you're just blindly in love with a game that's dieing, and it's YOUR fault it will never improve.

MrJamez #23 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 17:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1896 battles
  • [VEN0M] VEN0M

View PostPipinghot, on Aug 29 2017 - 00:10, said:

Member since 03-06-2011

1611 Battles

2 posts

This is either a troll account or someone so far beyond "casual" that there's not a word for it.

I'm casual.

I just created an account and didn't really use it for awhile.

icanhazAPCR #24 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 17:47

Private

• -Players-
  • 712 battles

View Postrich73, on Aug 29 2017 - 17:04, said:

The worst is when you shoot a light tank with 40 armor with 260 pen and it bounces.And this is not just the odd time but many times.If W G can make it,they can break it,rng that is.

That is, unless you're the guy with 40 armor who just bounced a potential 260 pen round...then it feels pretty good.

Komitadjie #25 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 18:00

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 832 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
And / or you just went to brown alert, because you didn't even spot than guy until he fired. Lol

the_Deadly_Bulb #26 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 20:59

Captain

• Players
  • 17678 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostXenocideofWOT, on Aug 28 2017 - 23:20, said:

From wallet warriors to magical RNG, you will somehow not do damage to equal tiers or a tier below you. When you aim at somebody looking for that sweet green spot and it says you didn't penetrate, think of me. Somebody will be trucking full speed and still hit you across half the map. You will wonder why you bother playing this awful, pure trash can of a game. Enjoy.

Oh I almost forgot, the ever so terrible reveal system where somebody can be shooting at you from 50 meters in an open field and for no reason you can't see them. Then every time you get hit no matter what by your crew will be dazed and confused as [edited], your track will be disabled, and somehow your commander and fuel tank will take a direct hit at the same time.

You may have missed this, but while you were away this came for you.

:honoring:

I_Like_Tuwtles #27 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 21:26

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16834 battles

View PostDa_Craw, on Aug 29 2017 - 16:35, said:

Then you are a dumpster diver.  The game is so bad you only kept playing it 16000+ times because....

​I keep playing because I'm in the top 5% of players and want to play gold league eventually. It's a trash game but I'm already this good. Why would I stop.

Da_Craw #28 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 23:34

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20788 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostI_Like_Tuwtles, on Aug 29 2017 - 14:26, said:

​I keep playing because I'm in the top 5% of players and want to play gold league eventually. It's a trash game but I'm already this good. Why would I stop.

You would stop because you were not having fun.  If you keep playing a game that is not fun purely to stoke your ego, you are a psychopath.  If, as is almost certainly the case, you continue to play because you have fun playing despite your whining on the forum, then the game is not trash.  Since a game's function is to entertain and you are entertained enough to keep coming back thousands of times over, it is not trash, by definition. 

Da_Craw #29 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 23:36

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20788 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostTheBattleMaster8, on Aug 29 2017 - 10:32, said:

I just laugh when people try and act like this game is super difficult to play and/or has a steep learning curve. First of all, op is talking about rng. You cannot control rng. Sure you can gain a better understanding of armor/penetration values, various ammunitions, critical hits spots and so and so forth. But the fact of the matter is it ALL comes down to a roll that your skill has nothing to do with. You CAN bounce a hit off a completely green, flat piece of armor. You CAN speed down a hill at 70 km/h, take a random blind shot across the map and ammo rack the top tier heavy for an instant kill. You did not influence that shot with your "skill." Most of you probably don't play many other games, so you wouldn't know one way or the other, but this game doesn't have a steep learning curve, at all. It takes maybe a few weeks (if you're slow) to learn which bushes to take early (and which bushes to blind fire early, or throughout the length of the game), where to go and what to do in any given tank. It takes a small amount of time to look up any number of websites that can give you a breakdown of each tank's weakspots. You can very easily learn the statistics of any vehicle you own in-game. This game does not have a steep learning curve. Don't take this comment the wrong way and assume I'm saying this game doesn't require talent to be good at. If that were the case there would be no high/low elo. I'm just saying NO amount of knowledge can guarantee your victory or survival when it comes down to it. So stop telling other people to find a different game more suited to their personality, don't tell new players that this game has a steep learning curve, and stop acting like you all can do better than everyone who has a different opinion than you. If you think RNG is not the leading factor in your wins or losses, than you're just blindly in love with a game that's dieing, and it's YOUR fault it will never improve.

If the learning curve is so shallow, why are you still on the bottom half?  Seriously.  How can you think your statement about how non-difficult the game is has any credibility when you don't demonstrate the ability to win more than you lose? 

TheWoods #30 Posted Aug 30 2017 - 01:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 31837 battles
  • [3A82B] 3A82B
I see an awful lot of people complaining about RNG since last Friday or so.  Amazing amount of zeros in battle damage.  Not everyone can be tomatoes.   Bouncing a tank with 10 hp is not funny except to the tank with 10 hp.  I was two tiers higher an close.

Jaspo #31 Posted Aug 30 2017 - 01:40

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23506 battles
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3

View Postrich73, on Aug 29 2017 - 10:04, said:

The worst is when you shoot a light tank with 40 armor with 260 pen and it bounces.And this is not just the odd time but many times.If W G can make it,they can break it,rng that is.

No lie. I've perhaps bounced as many shells off of scouts or their tracks...note: tracks not destroyed, either...as I have off of heavies, in recent months. Must be funky armor angles causing auto-bounces, not sure what else it could be.

Doomslinger #32 Posted Aug 30 2017 - 02:09

Major

• Players
  • 59652 battles
Rng is a bit high in this game. I think they should adjust it from 25% to 20 or even 10% rng. The swings in penetration and damage are way to high. Add in the lag and packet loss problems and it's almost like having 50% rng some days...it can be ridiculous.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users