Tanks are a journey not a destination. Enjoy the ride.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

moon111 #1 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 18:57

Captain

• Players
  • 27178 battles

I don't know if today's generation is use to having consoles and video games that you buy, play, get tired of, and then throw away...

but WOT isn't really like that.  There's a lot to master in the game.  So consider taking the time to slow down and learn the game.

If you're failing in a tank, figure out why.  I've had tanks with horrendous win-rates that I had to take a step back, figure out what

I was doing wrong and in all honesty, although the current tank might be sitting at 50%, it was rolling at 60% to get there.  I don't

have a tier 10 after four years.  So what?  I'm perfectly content getting the most playing time out of this game as possible.  Enjoying

the ride.  Set goals for yourself.  Just because you can go up to the next tier, doesn't mean you have to.  Set some performance 

goals.  Don't go to the next tier until the current tank is at least 50% win-rate.  Won't go up the tier until get a Mastery badge in the

current tank.  Challenge yourself.  Just generating enough XP for the next tank proves nothing.  

We all lose.  Winners will learn from it, losers will repeat it.  Build yourself, not your garage.

warrends #2 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 19:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 18636 battles

Great post. +1 to you.

I've always hated the word "grinding" in this sense. Yeah, there are some vehicles (or characters or whatever the theme of the game you are playing is) that you truly don't like that you have to go through to get to the one you want. But everyone (yes, everyone) uses the word "grinding" for every tank, regardless of whether they like it or not. This game is not a grind. If it is to you then either it's just not for you or you're playing the wrong tank(s). It really is that simple. It's a game. Have fun.

MacDaddyMatty #3 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 19:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 15780 battles

I must agree. +1

Many on the forums speak of "end game", and I honestly don't understand why this is desirable.

Maybe several yeas from now I will, put at present...

wilperkie #4 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 19:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5530 battles
100% agreement. Well said ! :great:

KingofDragons #5 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 19:51

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16372 battles

First of all you need to find your style of play ... You can only do that by trying different tanks.. I don't think you get tired of tanks to the point where you sell them rather what the tank offers is disappointing and affects your style of play ..

When your style of play is negatively impacted your win-rate drops.. Since no one want this  that tank , for whatever reason , gathers dust or is sold ... Sometimes players do not give  tanks a chance ... How many games should you try ?  Unless it feels truly dreadful i would give it 30 to 50 games .. Afterall it's all about feelings ...

Remember that even though everyone makes ingame mistakes a tank that does not " perform " to your liking is completely that tank's fault.. Do not give any more chances  than it deserves .. No soul searching is needed .. The tank is underperforming in relation to your play style..

Move on because the more you play the harder it is to bring up your win- rate.. Since your win- rate is a reflection to others on your skill level always strive.. A low win-rate does not mean your not having fun but you need to stop beating that dead horse of a tank and move on ..

Edited by KingofDragons, Aug 29 2017 - 19:54.

Raxter54 #6 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 19:54

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5216 battles
Agree. You don't have a Tier X? I don't even have a Tier VIII. Have enough credits to get one, still not sure I'm ready. I'll take the plunge someday, but not really in a big hurry. Stull enjoying the lower tiers...

Browncow13 #7 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 20:12

Captain

• Players
  • 20851 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU
Its a hobby and time and some $$$ invested.  If you are to cheap to do either find another game.

Pipinghot #8 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 20:24

Major

• Players
  • 25826 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Postmoon111, on Aug 29 2017 - 12:57, said:

today's generation

Seriously, "today's generation"?

Your post was great except for this forced tidbit of age-ism wars. There are always patient and impatient people, there are always people who want to rush and people who want to take their time in every generation, including our older generations. What's more, there is a whole game industry that teaches people the lesson "Rush up to the final level and then get good at the game" (which of course is a bad lesson for WoT). It has nothing to do with "today's generation", it's just people being people at any age.

oldiowaguy #9 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 20:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19048 battles
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3

WileyCat #10 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 20:30

Captain

• Players
  • 28305 battles

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Aug 29 2017 - 12:18, said:

I must agree. +1

Many on the forums speak of "end game", and I honestly don't understand why this is desirable.

Maybe several yeas from now I will, put at present...

because i have nearly everything and want a reason to use it? why else -_-

2000boxes #11 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 22:48

Private

• -Players-
  • 1285 battles

View Postwarrends, on Aug 29 2017 - 19:06, said:

Great post. +1 to you.

I've always hated the word "grinding" in this sense. Yeah, there are some vehicles (or characters or whatever the theme of the game you are playing is) that you truly don't like that you have to go through to get to the one you want. But everyone (yes, everyone) uses the word "grinding" for every tank, regardless of whether they like it or not. This game is not a grind. If it is to you then either it's just not for you or you're playing the wrong tank(s). It really is that simple. It's a game. Have fun.

would i be using the term grinding correctly if i were to say "ok i researched the next tier, now i just need to grind 1,000,000 credits"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users