• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

CabbageMechanic #1 Posted Aug 30 2017 - 19:07

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 7301 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

Hey Tankers,

Please post your (quality, actionable) feedback on Grand Battles here.

More information on the game mode here.

Full patch notes available here.

werecat #2 Posted Aug 30 2017 - 19:09

Captain

• Players
  • 23452 battles
Well it would be nice if we could get into a grand battle for starters

HowitzerBlitzer #3 Posted Aug 30 2017 - 19:12

Major

• Players
  • 14861 battles
When they come on, yeah we will.

Yankee #4 Posted Aug 30 2017 - 19:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 34003 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
The first complaints I'm hearing have to deal with tanks like batchats running out of ammunition.  I've not had the pleasure to play it yet

Matthew_66 #5 Posted Aug 30 2017 - 19:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 39378 battles
  • [-SDS-] -SDS-
Have not been able to get it yet, and yes it is enabled.

Skeenaman #6 Posted Aug 30 2017 - 19:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33201 battles
  • [TUF] TUF

I see a lot of people playing X and not getting into any grand battles.

Did WG forget to tell us the upcoming server maintenance is the real introduction of the mode?

zombiebroarmy #7 Posted Aug 30 2017 - 19:58

Private

• Players
  • 47039 battles

Have been playing T10s for 3hrs and not one grand battle

DoctorDiscord #8 Posted Aug 30 2017 - 20:12

Private

• Players
  • 52319 battles
  • [PINK] PINK

What grand battles?

A few things you could do to make grand battles a real thing is:

- don't make them random.

- allow 9s and 10s in grand battles.

Edited by DoctorDiscord, Aug 30 2017 - 20:17.

derpdederp #9 Posted Aug 30 2017 - 20:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 11178 battles
  • [PCAKE] PCAKE
Would be nice if I could actually get into one.

hckygod99 #10 Posted Aug 30 2017 - 20:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 15427 battles
  • [ONLY1] ONLY1

How about making it so we can actually pick the game mode we want. It would be nice to be able to just pick Grand battle. I don't want standard battles or any of the other crap. LET US PICK THE BATTLE TYPE. Please quite forcing us to play standard at tier 10. We understand we might have to sit in Que for a few seconds longer. Its worth it. Make it so we can select or in select every game mode please.

Thanks 

xXTheGameAceXx #11 Posted Aug 30 2017 - 21:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8031 battles

Still a tank away from a tier 10, but from what I tried in the Common Test.... I personally think there's a few issues.

#1. Low ammunition tanks. Anything that doesn't have high enough ammo capacity, especially tanks that are usually able to survive a long time, will run out a good deal. This is especially bad for tanks that may be too sluggish or have too poor of view range to be able to at least do spotting when they run out.

#2. Some tanks just suck terribly at grand battles. Mostly the extremely slow and bulky tanks. If the slow bulky ones don't get into a good spot, artillery can just bombard them to death keeping them infinitely stunned, considering the 4 maximum. This is especially bad for some tanks like the Type 5. Slow, absolutely massive, newly nerfed traverse speeds, not really a sniper, gold magnet, etc.

#3. Randomness. Considering it appears in random battles, this may seem a bit odd, but I feel like it should be a game mode you can choose on it's own, with a lot of the reasoning being the prior two issues. I don't want to get into a grand battle and get screwed because I'm in a tank that isn't even close to optimal for it.

I also think it may be nice for Grand Battles to be available for Tier 8+, rather than just strictly Tier 10. Plenty of 8's can perform just fine for the grand battles IMO.

ScrubIord #12 Posted Aug 30 2017 - 21:52

Captain

• Players
  • 28501 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
Can I get a game? 20 battles of tier10s vs tier 10s but no grand battle.

Colddawg #13 Posted Aug 30 2017 - 22:00

Major

• Players
  • 43710 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

Stop creating maps that are designed to dictate where the player's specific tank class should go (ie, cities are for heavies, open spaces are for MT/LT, bushes in the back are for TDs).  Maps should not be designed this way.  The GOOD maps, the really OLD maps like MINES, Prok, Malinovka, Murovanka, Himmelsdorf....all these maps allow for flexibility because they don't dictate to the player that his/her tank class is supposed to be in this specific area.  In each of the maps I listed there is enough flexibility in EVERY AREA that ANY tank class except artillery can go to that area and do well enough.  The maps started getting bad when WG started telling the player where to go through map design.

Creating class specific areas drastically limits the enjoyment and randomness of the map.  This leads to stagnation, hated maps, boring games, predictable ally/enemy team deployment, and less and less players over time will log into the game because of it.

This map is terrible because it has specific areas for every tank class with little wiggle room.

CynicalDutchie #14 Posted Aug 30 2017 - 22:34

Major

• Players
  • 36532 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostColddawg, on Aug 30 2017 - 22:00, said:

Stop creating maps that are designed to dictate where the player's specific tank class should go (ie, cities are for heavies, open spaces are for MT/LT, bushes in the back are for TDs).  Maps should not be designed this way.  The GOOD maps, the really OLD maps like MINES, Prok, Malinovka, Murovanka, Himmelsdorf....all these maps allow for flexibility because they don't dictate to the player that his/her tank class is supposed to be in this specific area.  In each of the maps I listed there is enough flexibility in EVERY AREA that ANY tank class except artillery can go to that area and do well enough.  The maps started getting bad when WG started telling the player where to go through map design.

Creating class specific areas drastically limits the enjoyment and randomness of the map.  This leads to stagnation, hated maps, boring games, predictable ally/enemy team deployment, and less and less players over time will log into the game because of it.

This map is terrible because it has specific areas for every tank class with little wiggle room.

What have you been smoking?

Krovven #15 Posted Aug 30 2017 - 22:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 12140 battles

Haven't been able to get a Grand Battle yet, but for starters, it should not be tier X only.  Who's dumb idea was that?  Is there any reason it can't be tier 6 or 7+??

Mikosah #16 Posted Aug 30 2017 - 23:08

Major

• Players
  • 17520 battles

View PostKrovven, on Aug 30 2017 - 15:56, said:

Haven't been able to get a Grand Battle yet, but for starters, it should not be tier X only.  Who's dumb idea was that?  Is there any reason it can't be tier 6 or 7+??

The explanation is that the intent of this mode is to thin out the crowd at tier 10 so that tier 8 wouldn't be bottom tier all the time. Unfortunately that comes with two drawbacks- only tier 10s can participate, and even they only get in to the mode randomly. 

Perhaps a better alternative would be to set up a given span of time each week in which grand battles would substitute the random queue for a specific tier. Advertise this event well ahead of time, or perhaps make a regular schedule that everyone would be aware of. Those who want grand battles would line up for it, and whichever tier is being diverted suddenly draws interest to the two tiers immediately below. 

Krovven #17 Posted Aug 30 2017 - 23:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 12140 battles

View PostMikosah, on Aug 30 2017 - 22:08, said:

The explanation is that the intent of this mode is to thin out the crowd at tier 10 so that tier 8 wouldn't be bottom tier all the time. Unfortunately that comes with two drawbacks- only tier 10s can participate, and even they only get in to the mode randomly. 

Perhaps a better alternative would be to set up a given span of time each week in which grand battles would substitute the random queue for a specific tier. Advertise this event well ahead of time, or perhaps make a regular schedule that everyone would be aware of. Those who want grand battles would line up for it, and whichever tier is being diverted suddenly draws interest to the two tiers immediately below. 

It's clearly not working since few if any at all are ever seeing Grand Battles.  I've turned off Encounter and Assault modes to increase my chances and still haven't seen Grand Battles. Having Grande Battles be a selectable game mode would also solve the problem. 

Slatherer #18 Posted Aug 30 2017 - 23:26

Major

• Players
  • 29245 battles

View PostColddawg, on Aug 30 2017 - 13:00, said:

Wait.  MINES is a good map?!?

Skeenaman #19 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 00:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33201 battles
  • [TUF] TUF

Feedback:  This is not working.  20 games played and not one battle.  Nobody seems to have had one.

wth?

Silencer021 #20 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 01:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 23981 battles
Played 44 battles thus far, 38 were all tier X battles and yet no 30 v 30.

Also tagged with Patch 9.20

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users