Patch 9.20

• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

ff8ff8 #41 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 06:12

Captain

• Players
  • 17796 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
The declining NA server population just doesn't support a mode that requires 60 Tier 10s in queue at once when that mode has a 10% chance to happen when those 60 plays queue their 10s.

The_Toastmaster_General #42 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 06:43

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15480 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Aug 30 2017 - 17:30, said:

Hey guys,

Sorry to hear that many of you haven't gotten into the 30 v 30 but it does appear to be working and they are happening.  The issue appears to be a lack of the Tier X's required to be concurrently in queue to trigger a Grand Battle instance at a decent frequency.  We are heading into peak times now so the next few hours will probably be your best shot, we will be passing feedback related to the lack of frequency as part of our early reports on the patch.

Thanks for introducing a new hyped game mode that's only viable during peak times for a 1/10 chance.

Unsurprisingly, everyone on the EU forums are also complaining about lack of grand battles: http://forum.worldof...-battles-30v30/

I'm guessing there's more to the story than "not enough players" since I've been playing for the last few hours, got about a dozen all tier 10 games yet no grand battle. I know of two people in my clan who were each in ONE grand battle.

HLS30 #43 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 06:47

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 38031 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View PostThe_Toastmaster_General, on Aug 30 2017 - 21:43, said:

Thanks for introducing a new hyped game mode that's only viable during peak times for a 1/10 chance.

Unsurprisingly, everyone on the EU forums are also complaining about lack of grand battles: http://forum.worldof...-battles-30v30/

I'm guessing there's more to the story than "not enough players" since I've been playing for the last few hours, got about a dozen all tier 10 games yet no grand battle. I know of two people in my clan who were each in ONE grand battle.

"Not enough T10s concurrently on" 

Except we hit battle in T10s, and within seconds are in a 15v15 pure T10 game.....six or seven times in a row.

Fundamentally this was supposed to be end game content. Atleast ranked (however badly implemented and designed it was with regards to rewards and encouraging camping) you knew you could actually play it. What's the point of end game content if we never actually see it?

The_Toastmaster_General #44 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 06:49

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15480 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Aug 30 2017 - 10:07, said:

Hey Tankers,

Please post your (quality, actionable) feedback on Grand Battles here.

More information on the game mode here.

Full patch notes available here.

Another thing to note, asking for quality, actionable feedback on grand battles would actually require your population base to get into grand battles.

The_Toastmaster_General #45 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 06:50

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15480 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View PostHLS30, on Aug 30 2017 - 21:47, said:

Except we hit battle in T10s, and within seconds are in a 15v15 pure T10 game.....six or seven times in a row.

Fundamentally this was supposed to be end game content. Atleast ranked (however badly implemented and designed it was with regards to rewards and encouraging camping) you knew you could actually play it. What's the point of end game content if we never actually see it?

We had numerous instances where we were both in SEPARATE 15v15 Tier X games. That's enough for one grand battle right there, but I have yet to actually play the mode.

The_Toastmaster_General #46 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 06:51

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15480 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View PostHLS30, on Aug 30 2017 - 21:47, said:

End game content you can't play = no end game content.

Sound familiar?

Carlctrl #47 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 06:55

Private

• -Players-
  • 8948 battles
  • [CRIMZ] CRIMZ
Extremely disappointing.  I was really looking forward to grand battles:  2.5 hours and 21 games in, still haven't seen one.  Huge let-down, and honestly, almost cruel.  To bring out new content, hype it up, and then keep so many players for being able to experience it.  21 games, most were all T10 tanks, so it was a credit sink, or at best a wash, i got 150ish bonds, so 33 more days like that an i can get 1 piece of gear for 1 tank.  I'm not usually melodramatic, but this was the least fun I've had playing Wot in 1.5 years.  Really hope you guys will reconsider allowing us to experience your new content.  This had been my favorite game for over a year, I hope it will be again.

Xx1Tommy1xX #48 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 07:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13124 battles
  • [-XBK-] -XBK-
Ok so we got the people to play because obviously we keep getting pure tier 10 15v15 battles.
But why the heck have I only seen 1 30v30 the WHOLE DAY

HLS30 #49 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 07:07

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 38031 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View PostXx1Tommy1xX, on Aug 30 2017 - 22:01, said:

Ok so we got the people to play because obviously we keep getting pure tier 10 15v15 battles.
But why the heck have I only seen 1 30v30 the WHOLE DAY

Because there's "not enough players online" the day of release when there's no CWs to take people away from the 10s.

BigDollarBillz #50 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 07:10

Captain

• Players
  • 33885 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
I played tier 10 for 36 games. I never got one single Grand Battle. Out of the 36 games 34 was all tier 10s. So the number of tier 10s being in queue isn't true. Give grand battles its own mode, so we can actually play the mode.

Mago_Carthago #51 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 07:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 14437 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

Hey everyone,

Hate to throw more fuel on the fire, but yeah this is has been some piss poor implementation. I have been excited for this game mode for weeks. Maybe I would finally have a chance to run into more than three arty in a game, and get my mission done. Maybe I won't have to play the terrible game mode of "Ranked Battles" to get better end game equipment. Maybe I won't have to worry about super heavies with impenetrable armor unless I dab the "2" key, and I can flank around. Alas all of these hopes and dreams cannot come to fruition because the people that run this game seem to be utterly incompetent to QA test this stuff before it comes out. 

How do you mess this up? You hype a mode for weeks on end, show it off at Gamescom, everyone is looking forward to it, and you decide to make it impossible to get into. At least  turn up the chances to get into the game the first week, and then turn it down. If people get the taste of something they like, they are more likely to pursue a chance to see it again. But now you are quoting to us:

"Sorry to hear that many of you haven't gotten into the 30 v 30 but it does appear to be working and they are happening.  The issue appears to be a lack of the Tier X's required to be concurrently in queue to trigger a Grand Battle instance at a decent frequency.  We are heading into peak times now so the next few hours will probably be your best shot, we will be passing feedback related to the lack of frequency as part of our early reports on the patch."

Let's dissect that. So with the chances of you getting into Grand Battles locked at 10% regardless of if you disable other modes, that means at those peak ours a maximum of 10% of your population will see the game mode. This is ludicrously imbecilic. Only 10% of people, playing 10% of your vehicles (10 tiers) at peak times can actually play this new mode and enjoy this supposed end game content. How are we supposed to get bonds effectively? I get what 10-11 for a good Random game, and no chance to see anymore than that? So that means I have to play above average for 500 all tier 10 games to get 1 piece of equipment for 1 of my tanks. How is this seen as an effective model? Don't feed me "there aren't enough people online crap". Fix your game, or watch the few loyal supporters of it you have leave it.

Mago

Genarelbetrayus #52 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 07:32

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16894 battles
  • [RACK] RACK

View PostHLS30, on Aug 31 2017 - 07:07, said:

Because there's "not enough players online" the day of release when there's no CWs to take people away from the 10s.

Seem's like there were plenty on earlier not much less than normal peak times and still none.  they need to make it an alternative option for the standard battles that just makes sense.

Mago_Carthago #53 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 07:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 14437 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
And as many people have said, there were clearly enough people online to get many of these things up and running. But the chances to get into them were so small that you just cant see it. Might as well just un-tick the box and say [edited]it.

HI_FIVE #54 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 08:02

Major

• Players
  • 41673 battles
  • [LOAD] LOAD

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Aug 30 2017 - 20:30, said:

Hey guys,

Sorry to hear that many of you haven't gotten into the 30 v 30 but it does appear to be working and they are happening.  The issue appears to be a lack of the Tier X's required to be concurrently in queue to trigger a Grand Battle instance at a decent frequency.  We are heading into peak times now so the next few hours will probably be your best shot, we will be passing feedback related to the lack of frequency as part of our early reports on the patch.

How about make it a mode like randoms,SHs,Team Battles,etc. In the long run it will help the game that is slowly dying. Just a opinion. 

RoyalGreenPC #55 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 08:15

Captain

• Players
  • 17029 battles
  • [R-7] R-7
As with everyone, No Grand Battles all night. All T10 battle in a few second of queuing. Hopefully they'll tweak matchmaker to make Grand Battles appear a LOT more often.

SunShangXiang #56 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 09:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 19998 battles
  • [GYB] GYB

in the options (just like encounter/assault) mine was unchecked when i first got in after the update and had to activate it myself even tho WG said it would be automatically activated... my main platoon mate had his on right away so maybe its not "lack of people" or "broken mode" but a fail to have it enabled for everybody.

i also never got a match either... so i started playing the chinese td line

Edited by SunShangXiang, Aug 31 2017 - 10:02.

FeelMy_APCR #57 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 11:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29472 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

I don't care. I played enough Grand Battles on the CT. And I can already say that if you're not in a fast tank, your chances for carrying the game are low. Due to its size mostly.

Also, I had plenty of moments when I ran out of ammunition in TVP and BatChat.

In my opinion, the ammunition should be doubled when the game is entered. Otherwise it's not fair to tanks with low ammo capacity.

SlappedbyRommel #58 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 12:23

Private

• -Players-
  • 3851 battles
  • [TTNDR] TTNDR

Well I got into 1 grand battle last night and....

1. It was pretty cool but please allow players to platoon 5 per unit in a grand battle we had 5 people friends who wanted to get in as a group we are not a hard core clan just wanted to have some fun but could not - this is not good very frustrating trying to time click as 2 platoons to get in a game.

2. Map design does favor a side we were run over pretty fast due to open fields we had to cross with hills and mountains overlooking the kill zones.

3. Allow tier 8, 9, 10 to grand battle going against IS 7 was well pretty crappy when your not a heavy.

4. I am new to the game but love armour and gaming still a lot to learn and yes I get punished for being a tomato....

5. I know you need to make money but can WG please stop draining peoples wallets I realize your model is to make it but wallet diving for every little thing is truly annoying - have a friend who has 4 million xp but will not drain his wallet to buy items. I see his point but I would love to have his 4 million anyways.

turboo #59 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 13:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 16916 battles
  • [-GNZ-] -GNZ-
There was nothing but tier tens on all day yesterday, I know, I was playing tier 8's and got tier ten battles almost every game.

YANKEE137 #60 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 13:42

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5525 battles
  • [SOFAT] SOFAT

I couldn't get a game in three hours. Burned up hundreds of thousands of credits trying though, working as designed.

Also tagged with Patch 9.20

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users