9.20 Game/Client Issues - Please Post Here

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

black_colt #21 Posted Sep 03 2017 - 22:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostRed_Baron007, on Sep 03 2017 - 11:08, said:

Well, I'm on the road and won't be home until Tuesday. I'm a big fan of, "if it aint broke don't fix it". Especially on the road. My luck I'd update something and it wouldn't work and I would be down till I get home. ;)

No worries - that makes sense.

MM4Alam #22 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 16:59

Private

• -Players-
  • 603 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Sep 03 2017 - 19:59, said:

The next steps will [Delete Completely] and [Disable Torrents].  The WoT Mac Wrapper can be very sensitive to using Torrents - not sure why.

Go to the following Forum thread and download the Studly Utility from dstud208

http://forum.worldof...rapper-utility/

Install the Studly Utility 

Go to [Documents] then [WoT] and duplicate the [replays] folder.  Move that duplicated folder to the Desktop.

Launch the Studly Utility

NOTE: If you want to keep your replays you must duplicate the [replays] folder and move it to the Desktop. The next step will completely

delete all files.

Click on [World of Tanks] then [General] then [Delete Completely] then Click on [OK] in the next dialog box. 

Next click on [Live Server] and click on your region. Your web browser will open and download the region-appropriate DMG.  After download completes - double click on the DMG and drag the WoT Mac Wrapper app to the [Applications] folder.  After the app copies eject the DMG.

Double click on the app to launch and wait until you see [Updating game client:] then click on the double vertical lines immediately to the left of [PLAY] button to stop the update. 

Quit the WoT Mac Wrapper.

If open quit the WoT Mac Wrapper and make sure all world_of_tanks processes are quit/closed. Use [Activity Monitor] in [Applications][Utilities] and force-quit any open world_of_tank processes.

Go Back to/Relaunch the Studly Utility

Click on [World of Tanks] then [General] then [Disable Torrents]

Launch the WoT Mac Wrapper.  

Install any updates to the WoT Mac Wrapper - this is separate from game updates which happen in the [PLAY] dialog box after the WoT Mac Wrapper

finishes launching.

Let the game install any updates needed in the [PLAY] dialog box.  When complete click on [PLAY] and log-into the game.

Did not work. I installed it on my pc as well and the same problem persists. I submitted a ticket with pingplotter and wargaming troubleshooting utility files.

black_colt #23 Posted Sep 05 2017 - 16:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostMM4Alam, on Sep 04 2017 - 07:59, said:

Did not work. I installed it on my pc as well and the same problem persists. I submitted a ticket with pingplotter and wargaming troubleshooting utility files.

Exactly what utility from Wargaming did you run?

You are aware that Wargaming does not support the WoT Mac Wrapper?

Vince_A_Bull #24 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 05:20

Private

• -Players-
  • 14357 battles

Leaving a completed advance, client freezes. could only get it to close by force quitting. Now the launcher keeps popping up:

Warning.

Application "world of tanks" is started.

dstud208 #25 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 16:42

Captain

• Players
  • 17764 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO

View PostVince_A_Bull, on Sep 23 2017 - 21:20, said:

Leaving a completed advance, client freezes. could only get it to close by force quitting. Now the launcher keeps popping up:

Warning.

Your client didn’t quit properly, either restart you Mac or open “Activity Monitor” and close the wot processes

Red_Baron007 #26 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 22:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 22706 battles
  • [--DRB] --DRB
I'm not near my computer, but I HIGHLY recommend  making a simple script. I called mine "ktank". If you do a search for the script details or Is on here somewhere. The  when it crashes, have a terminal window open and just type ktank. In a split second all the processes are killed and you can get right back in. I actually out of habit, fire of the command even when exiting the game. If no processes are running it will say so. I've been using it for years. Otherwise by the time you get done screw g around the match will be over.

black_colt #27 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 22:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostVince_A_Bull, on Sep 23 2017 - 20:20, said:

Warning.

​What version of OS X are you running?

_SmaugTheTerrible_ #28 Posted Sep 27 2017 - 15:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22638 battles
  • [RDDT3] RDDT3
For some reason my game client just randomly seems to crash.  Have no Idea why.

black_colt #29 Posted Sep 27 2017 - 16:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View Post_SmaugTheTerrible_, on Sep 27 2017 - 06:45, said:

For some reason my game client just randomly seems to crash.  Have no Idea why.

There could be several reasons for that ...

What Mac hardware are you using - e.g. iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro?

Exactly when does it crash - e.g. on a certain map, after playing fifty games in a row?

Does the WoT Mac Wrapper present a dialog box when it crashes?  If so, what is that message?

What version of the WoT Mac Wrapper are you running?  The latest is 2.0.12

In the meantime I recommend that ...

You run AHT [Apple Hardware Test] which is a set of diagnostics that test the hardware of your Mac.  This is to eliminate hardware that may be malfunctioning. For your convenience - here is the Apple Support document on how to run - https://support.appl.../en-hk/HT201257

You reset the SMC [System Management Controller].  For your convenience - here is the Apple Support document on how to reset - https://support.appl.../en-us/HT201295

Download and use a fan-control app - I have been using Macs Fan Control for years on all of my Mac hardware and it is free.  Set up a Custom Control [I use Based on GPU Diode with start temp of 37C and max temp of 47C - just remember to go into the app preferences and select Autostart minimized with system (recommended)]. For your convenience - https://www.crystali...ontrol/download

Edited by black_colt, Sep 27 2017 - 16:51.

MDub #30 Posted Oct 07 2017 - 23:07

Private

• Players
  • 24698 battles

Similar. The game client crashes every 3-5 games. It always happens when entering a battle from the garage. The screen goes black as I leave the garage, but then stays black without entering the battle. I have to kill the wargaming processes and then restart the client. Sometimes it goes through the login process and begins to enter the battle, but never gets out of the black screen before the countdown. Eventually, after 1 or more restarts, I make it into the battle. And it might go from garage to battle a few times thereafter. But within 3-5 games, the crash returns.

I'm on a 2017 MacBook Pro:

Processor: 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536 MB

And I'm using the current Mac wrapper. And the current XVM, but no other mods.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Edited by MDub, Oct 07 2017 - 23:14.

black_colt #31 Posted Oct 08 2017 - 16:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostMDub, on Oct 07 2017 - 14:07, said:

Similar. The game client crashes every 3-5 games. It always happens when entering a battle from the garage. The screen goes black as I leave the garage, but then stays black without entering the battle. I have to kill the wargaming processes and then restart the client. Sometimes it goes through the login process and begins to enter the battle, but never gets out of the black screen before the countdown. Eventually, after 1 or more restarts, I make it into the battle. And it might go from garage to battle a few times thereafter. But within 3-5 games, the crash returns.

I'm on a 2017 MacBook Pro:

Processor: 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536 MB

And I'm using the current Mac wrapper. And the current XVM, but no other mods.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Please confirm that you are running version 2.10.12 of the WoT Mac Wrapper.

Try the WoT Mac Wrapper in [SAFE] mode to eliminate XVM as the issue.

If this does work then I recommend resetting the WoT Mac Wrapper using the Studly Uitlity.

If open quit the WoT Mac Wrapper and make sure all world_of_tanks processes are quit/closed. Use [Activity Monitor] in [Applications][Utilities] and force-quit any open world_of_tank processes.

Go to the following Forum thread and download the Studly Utility from dstud208 - http://forum.worldof...rapper-utility/

Click on [World of Tanks] then [Troubleshooting] then [Reset Wrapper] and then [Fix "Shutting Down" Bug]

NOTE: This will reset any changes you have made to the game settings and return them to their default settings - e.g. reticle type, etc.

Please let the Forum know if this works ...

MDub #32 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 20:23

Private

• Players
  • 24698 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Oct 08 2017 - 10:31, said:

Please confirm that you are running version 2.10.12 of the WoT Mac Wrapper.

Try the WoT Mac Wrapper in [SAFE] mode to eliminate XVM as the issue.

If this does work then I recommend resetting the WoT Mac Wrapper using the Studly Uitlity.

If open quit the WoT Mac Wrapper and make sure all world_of_tanks processes are quit/closed. Use [Activity Monitor] in [Applications][Utilities] and force-quit any open world_of_tank processes.

Go to the following Forum thread and download the Studly Utility from dstud208 - http://forum.worldof...rapper-utility/

Click on [World of Tanks] then [Troubleshooting] then [Reset Wrapper] and then [Fix "Shutting Down" Bug]

NOTE: This will reset any changes you have made to the game settings and return them to their default settings - e.g. reticle type, etc.

Please let the Forum know if this works ...

This seems to have worked. I ran it in safe mode for a good number of battles without a crash. So I reset the wrapper in the Studly Utility and have not had a crash since then. Many thanks!

black_colt #33 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 15:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostMDub, on Oct 09 2017 - 11:23, said:

This seems to have worked. I ran it in safe mode for a good number of battles without a crash. So I reset the wrapper in the Studly Utility and have not had a crash since then. Many thanks!

Welcome

For me, when I run XVM, I chose a MOD package [Solo's Mod Pack is a good one as it is constantly updated and complies with the Fair Play Policy].

MDub #34 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 02:31

Private

• Players
  • 24698 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Oct 10 2017 - 09:46, said:

Welcome

For me, when I run XVM, I chose a MOD package [Solo's Mod Pack is a good one as it is constantly updated and complies with the Fair Play Policy].

Well, I have to amend my response: the crash has returned. After a few more games running xvm (2.10.12), the client now crashes when entering a battle, again about every 3-5 games. The issue does seem to be xvm because it still runs without crashes in safe mode. Guess have to hope that an updated version of xvm fixes the issue. I just run the standard xvm after downloading it, making a few tweaks to default view in sniper mode, auto return equipment, and hit log.

Red_Baron007 #35 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 18:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 22706 battles
  • [--DRB] --DRB

Okay I'm back to update... I've been playing WOT on my MacbookPro for about 4 years and have many thousands of rounds on it. It isn't uncommon for it to crash every so often for unknown reasons. Thus the reason I made a shell script called ktank to quickly kill all related processes so I can get back in the game, while it is still ongoing.

After the latest WOT update (AND XVM) I started getting crashes much more often. For some odd reason nearly every match with my AMX light. Then all of a sudden every round until I got some sort of warning from WOT. I knew then that I had to do something. I updated to the latest wrapper and no changes. I restored from backup a month back and it seemed to be running fine. I went back on the road and 3 rounds in a row, crash. Just as I'm joining a game. Screen goes black and nothing. Sometimes it was locking so hard I would literally have to hold the power button down. Worst it has been. So a couple of days ago I used the Studly removal tool and started from scratch. It took all night over hotel wifi but the next day I started playing with NO XVM. JUST WOT and the wrapper.

I too am of the opinion that something with the new release and the xvm mods are not playing nice together. I've only played about 20 games, but not one single crash. So for now, I'll just play barebones until I hear someone has figured a work around. I miss my stats and handy little doodads, but I can live without them.

Later: I guess I should have read more of the comments. I tried safe mode and it didn't help me. Still got crashes. I used the Solo mod pack on my system. Not blaming Solo at all. Please don't read that into it. I just happened to be using his.

Edited by Red_Baron007, Oct 11 2017 - 18:48.

black_colt #36 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 00:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

The WoT Mac Wrapper, XVM, and MODs do not play well together.

That said I have had the best success [in terms of game stability] in the past with the Solo MOD Pack so I am somewhat surprised that some were experiencing issues as that MOD Pack is constantly updated.

Currently in the phase of not using MODs since I wanted a consistent in-game experience across the WoT Mac Wrapper and the HD Client, Common Test, and the Sandbox Server in MS Windows that all I have is the Server Reticle MOD from Circonflexes [go to his Twitch channel to get] ... and I kind of like it. 

No needing to constantly checking MODs and I got a few more FPS and lower ping as well.

IMHO you should try the game without MODs ... who knows you may like it ... I was convinced that I would not and was pleasantly surprised to learn that I really do like playing with just a single MOD.

Good luck - hope that the MOD situation gets sorted out for you.

MDub #37 Posted Oct 17 2017 - 20:04

Private

• Players
  • 24698 battles

View PostRed_Baron007, on Oct 11 2017 - 12:46, said:

Okay I'm back to update... I've been playing WOT on my MacbookPro for about 4 years and have many thousands of rounds on it. It isn't uncommon for it to crash every so often for unknown reasons. Thus the reason I made a shell script called ktank to quickly kill all related processes so I can get back in the game, while it is still ongoing.

After the latest WOT update (AND XVM) I started getting crashes much more often. For some odd reason nearly every match with my AMX light. Then all of a sudden every round until I got some sort of warning from WOT. I knew then that I had to do something. I updated to the latest wrapper and no changes. I restored from backup a month back and it seemed to be running fine. I went back on the road and 3 rounds in a row, crash. Just as I'm joining a game. Screen goes black and nothing. Sometimes it was locking so hard I would literally have to hold the power button down. Worst it has been. So a couple of days ago I used the Studly removal tool and started from scratch. It took all night over hotel wifi but the next day I started playing with NO XVM. JUST WOT and the wrapper.

I too am of the opinion that something with the new release and the xvm mods are not playing nice together. I've only played about 20 games, but not one single crash. So for now, I'll just play barebones until I hear someone has figured a work around. I miss my stats and handy little doodads, but I can live without them.

Later: I guess I should have read more of the comments. I tried safe mode and it didn't help me. Still got crashes. I used the Solo mod pack on my system. Not blaming Solo at all. Please don't read that into it. I just happened to be using his.

I have confirmed that the crashing issue for me is XVM. I was using XVM without any other mods. And now that I have removed XVM, I have played dozens of battles without a crash. Hope the next WOT or XVM update sorts it out.

black_colt #38 Posted Oct 17 2017 - 21:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostMDub, on Oct 17 2017 - 11:04, said:

I have confirmed that the crashing issue for me is XVM. I was using XVM without any other mods. And now that I have removed XVM, I have played dozens of battles without a crash. Hope the next WOT or XVM update sorts it out.

In case you did not know - Wargaming has a MODs Portal that you might want to check out.  The premise of the Portal is that all the MODs just work.  Unfortunately it is in RUS so you will need to translate if that is not your native language.

For your convenience - https://wgmods.net/WOT/ru/

MDub #39 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 18:53

Private

• Players
  • 24698 battles

View PostMDub, on Oct 17 2017 - 14:04, said:

Updated to 9.20.1 and xvm 7.1.0 (no other mods) and the game client still crashes loading into battle every few games. And again, no crashes when I delete xvm.

black_colt #40 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 01:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostMDub, on Oct 19 2017 - 09:53, said:

Updated to 9.20.1 and xvm 7.1.0 (no other mods) and the game client still crashes loading into battle every few games. And again, no crashes when I delete xvm.

Thanks for the update about XVM.

What version of macOS are you running?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users