SPG Change Feedback

Patch 9.20

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Shortcult #41 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 05:32

Major

• Players
  • 30174 battles

It seems to me that arty now targets lights/mediums more than it's oft stated purpose of curtailing heavies.  Difficult to blame them tho with the damage as it is.  Too few players shoot at stunned tanks, this limits arty income. therefore arty players begin to look for damage rather than stuns.

I do not vote for removal however.  I still support the idea of making indirect fire a deselectable option in the settings, just as assault and encounter are.  I would set some rules.  If you have arty in the garage, you may not select the option.  One you select the option there is a ten game cooling off period before it takes effect.  Admittedly, if this suggestion were to take effect, I would immediately begin whining about reducing the RNG on 'to hit' rolls in the non indirect fire mode. I think this would make a competitive mode where skill matters with just enough RNG (damage and pen would still have the high RNG numbers) to make it exciting to watch a match.  Maybe it is too late, but I do feel like we would see players return if they knew they could play without indirect fire.

With or without that mode, rate of fire must be addressed.  To many arty pieces have too quick a reload.  Perma stun/perma track should not be a thing.  And I know it's a prem, I have one in my garage, but the Lef needs RoF nerf or just bump it up a tier.  Remember, I am saying that with one in the garage.  NO, I will not sell it.  What that is really saying I guess, is as long as any class has a restriction on the number allowed per match, that class is unbalanced.  I had for a long time hoped there could be a fix to arty that would have it welcomed into the rest of the community with no restriction per match.  I have never seen a suggestion that would allow that and can't come up with one myself.  There are those who are smarter than me however, fix arty (your not there yet).

ScrapMetalMerchant #42 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 10:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 36495 battles
  • [DMGD] DMGD

Seeing all the whining nancies who just say, Remove arty. When will they ever realise that arty is VERY integral to any battle. Yes it is a support weapon, but it is also a primary fire weapon that can and should deal death from above. They did not develop arty to sit there and hold a flag while lighting up the enemy. They developed it to KILL. Its always, Ohhhh arty hit me. Howabout moving a little instead of throwing down a blanket and having a picnic. With the reload time, the dreadful sighting time and the very wide dispersion, you deserver to get hit for camping. And to those who get hit while driving, it does not take a rocket scientist to realise you should maybe change course a few times. A straight line is so easy to predict and even after you are not spotted anymore, arty already has your trajectory and speed calculated. Booooooom you are scrap. 

Yeah arty is so easy to play that all players will deliver devestating damage. To you I say BS. Waiting for reload, trying to protect our selves and listen to you scream I need help, even though you abused us earlier, makes it a very frustrating experience at times. Learn to play what you have, chill and stop the abuse and lets all enjoy the game as it is instead of dreaming of a perfect world in our own little fantasy land.

And so the sermon endith... Amen. Now let the hate comence, as it will.

ScrapMetalMerchant #43 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 11:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 36495 battles
  • [DMGD] DMGD

View Posteagleninja, on Sep 03 2017 - 02:44, said:

What is really fun is when you get "one shotted" by two SPGs. That makes WORLD of TANKS lost of fun. There should be an option to battle with or without them. I bet 80% of the player would opt out of battles with SPGs.

I have no idea where you get the 80% stats from but I do agree with you. As an arty player it would be good to play a game with people who appreciate us and dont whine and abuse us.

ScrapMetalMerchant #44 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 11:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 36495 battles
  • [DMGD] DMGD

View PostBoomer_Thorsen, on Sep 07 2017 - 01:58, said:

Arty is the biggest factor limiting WoT's popularity.   Otherwise it's a fabulous game.  I wonder how many thousands of noobs have been arty'd to death and thought "screw this I'm not paying money to be victimized by random BS" and moved on to other games.  In my case, since 9.18 my play time and  expenditures of $$ have been seriously curtailed because arty takes the fun out of the game for me.  If I had not already invested so much money in the game I would just dump it and move on.    You can't flank or scout or coordinate with team mates or really do anything besides camp or hide without being killed by arty.   Those who try anyway just become the first to fall. 

The preferred solution is to just refund credits, give arty crews a free re-specialization  and get arty out of the game.

If arty was limited to one per team (of 15) at least the outcome of the battles would largely be determined by the play of the TANKERS and all the usual tank battle strategies would come back .into routine play.   Now days players are so accustomed to hiding and camping (or risking being early casualties)   that people hide and camp as their default behavior even when the occasional arty free game comes along. 

Really it just needs to go.  It gets worse with every patch and there isn't any way to fix it besides eliminating it.

The biggest factor limiting WOT popularity....... Are you insane. It is the MOST popular alrteady. Look at the facts.

MUMBLESRUMBLES #45 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 12:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36151 battles
  • [TAC-E] TAC-E
arty is absolute garbage now. you have beyond belief destroyed the fun in playing them. STOP TWEAKING EVERYTHING, your only making it worse. and wheres the bloody new maps...

MUMBLESRUMBLES #46 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 12:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36151 battles
  • [TAC-E] TAC-E

View PostBoomer_Thorsen, on Sep 06 2017 - 20:58, said:

Arty is the biggest factor limiting WoT's popularity.   Otherwise it's a fabulous game.  I wonder how many thousands of noobs have been arty'd to death and thought "screw this I'm not paying money to be victimized by random BS" and moved on to other games.  In my case, since 9.18 my play time and  expenditures of $$ have been seriously curtailed because arty takes the fun out of the game for me.  If I had not already invested so much money in the game I would just dump it and move on.    You can't flank or scout or coordinate with team mates or really do anything besides camp or hide without being killed by arty.   Those who try anyway just become the first to fall. 

The preferred solution is to just refund credits, give arty crews a free re-specialization  and get arty out of the game.

If arty was limited to one per team (of 15) at least the outcome of the battles would largely be determined by the play of the TANKERS and all the usual tank battle strategies would come back .into routine play.   Now days players are so accustomed to hiding and camping (or risking being early casualties)   that people hide and camp as their default behavior even when the occasional arty free game comes along. 

Really it just needs to go.  It gets worse with every patch and there isn't any way to fix it besides eliminating it.

you do understand that wot destroyed the maps a few years back. they took out all the cover for tds and lights. they also did away with the difficult maps where arty had a hard time hitting, because of the terrain.....arty today is almost useless in a game, you knew arty was in the game when you started so whats the real issue here.... its like u buy a house next to the highway, then complain about the noise.

SOB_Tenato #47 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 14:49

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18238 battles

View PostScrapMetalMerchant, on Sep 13 2017 - 10:56, said:

Seeing all the whining nancies who just say, Remove arty. When will they ever realise that arty is VERY integral to any battle. How about NO as it is absolutely NOT NEEDED and most fun games are those in which CANC...err SPGs are not in the lineup? Yes it is a support weapon, but it is also a primary fire weapon Support or primary? make your mind buddy! that can and should deal death from above. No as it is taking NO RISK for such a REWARD! SPG players simply DON'T DESERVE ALL THE XP AND SILVER THEY GET AFTER BATTLE! They did not develop arty to sit there and hold a flag while lighting up the enemy. They developed it to KILL. WRONG AGAIN! they developed it under the veil of "promoting dynamic gameplay" which in turn should be read as "made so very bad players with crappy internet can still play our game so we can grab some more cash" Its always, Ohhhh arty hit me. Howabout moving a little instead of throwing down a blanket and having a picnic.  WHERE?! WHEN SPG CAN STILL STUN/TRACK/DAMAGE A TANK IN PLACES THAT USED TO BE COVER? With the reload time, the dreadful sighting time and the very wide dispersion, SPGs are STILL ABLE TO PERMATACK/STUN a HEAVY TANK making it UNABLE TO REACT or DEFEND ITSELF for 15 sec OR MORE with EACH SPLASH! you deserver to get hit for camping. And to those who get hit while driving, it does not take a rocket scientist to realise you should maybe change course a few times. IN FREAKING CORRIDOR MAPS?! A straight line is so easy to predict and even after you are not spotted anymore, arty already has your trajectory and speed calculated. Booooooom you are scrap. 

Yeah arty is so easy to play that all players will deliver devestating damage. BINGO! THATS THE REASON THEY MADE IT! Anything else is BS! To you I say BS. Waiting for reload, trying to protect our selves and listen to you scream I need help, even though you abused us earlier, makes it a very frustrating experience at times. Learn to play what you have, chill and stop the abuse and lets all enjoy the game as it is instead of dreaming of a perfect world BALANCED In our own little fantasy land.

And so the sermon endith... Amen. Now let the hate comence, as it will. OF COURSE ARTY HAS TO GO! IT RUINS EVERYONE'S EXPERIENCE BUT CANCERPLAYERS!

ScrapMetalMerchant #48 Posted Sep 17 2017 - 12:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 36495 battles
  • [DMGD] DMGD

View PostSOB_Tenato, on Sep 13 2017 - 13:49, said:

So obvoiusly an arty hater and devoted to their one eyed view of the game. Seems that once an arty hater, always an irrational arty hater. Guess we need to bring in more arty to piss them all off. 

WorldConqueror #49 Posted Sep 17 2017 - 13:20

Captain

• Players
  • 28826 battles
  • [5LINE] 5LINE

View PostScrapMetalMerchant, on Sep 17 2017 - 12:59, said:

So obvoiusly an arty hater and devoted to their one eyed view of the game. Seems that once an arty hater, always an irrational arty hater. Guess we need to bring in more arty to piss them all off. 

It's pretty hard to take any of your arguments seriously when your top 5 most played vehicles are all arty.

Edited by WorldConqueror, Sep 17 2017 - 13:20.

Also tagged with Patch 9.20

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users