Patch 9.20

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

dratsaB_gumS #21 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 01:22

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20774 battles
  • [M-MAF] M-MAF

I'm wishing I could delete. This is posting with stuff mis-placed and other stuff missing.

Edited by dratsaB_gumS, Sep 02 2017 - 01:31.

dratsaB_gumS #22 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 01:32

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20774 battles
  • [M-MAF] M-MAF
Try #2 - That guy up there is right about why we go after light tanks. My new rule with the new stun thing is "Heavies for high stun damage, lights for high direct damage". The best stun I've gotten was once with 4700, it was pretty much all heavies on Westfield. If I can drop a shell behind a rock and beat the crap out of a light, I'll take that over dropping one between 3 heavies and hoping my team will start shooting them. You have to be MUCH more careful of how you fire, since stun damage isn't worth crap if your team can't shoot the tank you've stunned!

dratsaB_gumS #23 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 01:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20774 battles
  • [M-MAF] M-MAF

Personal feedback re: Post 9.19 SPGs including 9.20 -

I'm accustomed to the new stun and the like. I'm still enjoying my arty and still happy to defend its presence in the game.
I will restate my upset and request-to-fix the battle assistant. If I'm aiming over a small rise, moving my mouse a little bit causes the camera view to go wildly up and down. it's VERY difficult to face down a tank coming at me when my options are third-person and 'wildly-swinging-battle-assistant-camera'.
Here's a link to one of my replays with an explanation:
http://wotreplays.co...ratsab_gums-m12

I love the battle assistant, but if you won't fix it, please let me disable it and use Quickybaby's (I hear it doesn't swing the camera angle)! Maybe you could ask him how he does his and see if he's willing to sell the code! :-)
The angle should be 'starts out 75% of the way along the anticipated trajectory and lets you zoom in and out from there" not "well, if there's a boulder, the camera will let you look down and see the top of a tank you can't hit"

Genarelbetrayus #24 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 23:40

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16894 battles
  • [RACK] RACK
Bring back one shot ability, and the answer to your question is Yes I am insane.   :izmena:

Snaebjorn #25 Posted Sep 03 2017 - 00:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 3795 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

View PostGenarelbetrayus, on Sep 02 2017 - 17:40, said:

Bring back one shot ability, and the answer to your question is Yes I am insane.   :izmena:

:popcorn:

eagleninja #26 Posted Sep 03 2017 - 03:44

Private

• -Players-
  • 5446 battles
  • [HIVE1] HIVE1
What is really fun is when you get "one shotted" by two SPGs. That makes WORLD of TANKS lost of fun. There should be an option to battle with or without them. I bet 80% of the player would opt out of battles with SPGs.

ScrapMetalMerchant #27 Posted Sep 03 2017 - 08:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 36495 battles
  • [DMGD] DMGD

Found the latest change good. Was a bit unfair that the splash went through dense targets. Withj the reduced damage and use of spalsh, maybe a slight improvement in the accuracy of the guns. Some arty has no splash damage, most lower tier German artry, and so they never achieve anything in the game with the bad accuracy.

Just need to stop all other vehicles, with smaller guns, oneshotting others of the same tier. Jag e100, I am looking at you among others. Frustrating watching a M53/55 with its monster gun doing less damage than a 120mm gun of the same tier. A little more balance please.

ScrapMetalMerchant #28 Posted Sep 03 2017 - 08:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 36495 battles
  • [DMGD] DMGD

View Posteagleninja, on Sep 03 2017 - 02:44, said:

What is really fun is when you get "one shotted" by two SPGs. That makes WORLD of TANKS lost of fun. There should be an option to battle with or without them. I bet 80% of the player would opt out of battles with SPGs.

And give arty the option not to battle in city maps. Oh by the way a shot from 2 arties would be 2 shotted.

Edited by ScrapMetalMerchant, Sep 03 2017 - 08:25.

CanonMaster #29 Posted Sep 03 2017 - 19:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 27403 battles
I can not tell you how much I think ARTY MUST BE REMOVED FROM THE GAME! Even after all the changes players still get killed randomly with no chance to defend themselves. I have been killed countless times since the update randomly while trying to take all precautions to keep from getting hit. Maneuvering at high speed, ducking into cover etc. and still killed without a chance in hell of defending myself. If I am a scout and get spotted I can no longer continue spotting, I must run for cover immediately because arty will hunt me down in seconds. If a player is the first or second tank spotted arty will rain on them immediately. The best bet is to play back and let other players get spotted but that means no scouting or pushing aggressively into the enemy. In games where there is no arty players can work on a mutual strategy to defeat the enemy without worrying about random kills. This one topic is so obvious that I am surprised that WOT has not taken care of it long ago. Just refund the credits that players used to buy their arty and get it out of the game. The vast majority of players will agree that it would make the game much more fair.

Cmdr_Adama_BSG75 #30 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 01:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 29887 battles
  • [HAL-X] HAL-X
The matchs that are the most fun are the ones WITHOUT arty. Get rid of it.

the_bloody_fox #31 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 09:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 32510 battles
  • [RO-TD] RO-TD
I disagree, and yes I have been pinned down by arty multiple times.

GRINCH7777 #32 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 21:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 42493 battles
  • [SHUSH] SHUSH

1) no more than 2 per game....but let 2 arty platoon.

2) ....arty damage has to be improved ...the hits are awful and the Maus bounces the French arties consistently.....why bother ....you seem to pay a lot more attention to the constant whining about arty.

3) ...I play lots of arty ....get rid of the stun...it hasnt made arty more fun to play and we dont seem to get credit for it nor for the module hits.

Genarelbetrayus #33 Posted Sep 05 2017 - 06:16

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16894 battles
  • [RACK] RACK

View PostGenarelbetrayus, on Sep 02 2017 - 23:40, said:

:justwait::arta:

zarg12 #34 Posted Sep 05 2017 - 23:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19713 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

I am still not satisfied with these changes, the inherently toxic presence of artillery has not been fixed.

Artillery, for the reward it gives, makes virtually no use of the following mechanics:

1. Camouflage
  2. Armor
  3. Spotting

Additionally, the following makes the class broken, being a damage oriented class:

1. Lobs shells over obstacles
  2. Short reload times combined with stun mechanic makes artillery's presence too much
  3. No way to spot them in combat (As they are camping base)
  4. No way to defend yourself
  5. Counter gameplay is limited to hiding and staying hidden to not be targeted, which slows down the gameplay considerably when artillery is present in the game
  6. Punishes active / aggressive players, ignores the hidden, camping TDs

In order to balance arty, you would need to remove damage entirely and stun, replacing it with truly, proper supporting shell choices.

Flare Rounds

• Flare rounds would do no direct damage, rather it would use the existing splash radius to have 2 functions:
  • Damage tracks and reduce camo values by 90% (Or more or less, depending on the desired balance)

Smoke Rounds

• Create a smoke screen where the shell lands, using the artillery's splash range as the size of the smoke screen.
  • Smoke screen conceals allied movement inside / past the smoke.
  • Reduce view range of enemies inside allied smoke screen

This fixes some of the inherent problems with the current system of artillery including:

• Top tier artillery 1 shotting lower tiers
  • Heavy tank focus at the front line, which is an oxymoron of "Prevents camping and adds dynamic gameplay"
  • Engages in combat with impunity, no chance of fighting back, takes no risk to get the maximum reward of killing a tank from the safety of base
  • Players are more prone to camp when artillery is in the match, for fear of being stunned, crew killed, modules damaged and damaged HP

Such a system would create a more engaging experience for artillery players and would actually contribute to a less camping gameplay. Artillery could fire smoke screens to help pinned down allies, giving them an escape door or firing smoke at a dense concentration of enemies, forcing them to move from the smoke to get a shot.
Flare rounds would help spotting the enemy indirectly, as a lower camouflage value would drastically increase the chances of spotting, along with tracking damage keeping the enemy tank with lowered camo values still putting them at risk of being spotted if they do not repair in time.

Artillery always has been intended as a support class, however ever since closed beta it has been nothing but indirect DPM.

Boomer_Thorsen #35 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 02:58

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16860 battles
  • [BOTZ] BOTZ

Arty is the biggest factor limiting WoT's popularity.   Otherwise it's a fabulous game.  I wonder how many thousands of noobs have been arty'd to death and thought "screw this I'm not paying money to be victimized by random BS" and moved on to other games.  In my case, since 9.18 my play time and  expenditures of $$ have been seriously curtailed because arty takes the fun out of the game for me.  If I had not already invested so much money in the game I would just dump it and move on.    You can't flank or scout or coordinate with team mates or really do anything besides camp or hide without being killed by arty.   Those who try anyway just become the first to fall. 

The preferred solution is to just refund credits, give arty crews a free re-specialization  and get arty out of the game.

If arty was limited to one per team (of 15) at least the outcome of the battles would largely be determined by the play of the TANKERS and all the usual tank battle strategies would come back .into routine play.   Now days players are so accustomed to hiding and camping (or risking being early casualties)   that people hide and camp as their default behavior even when the occasional arty free game comes along. 

Really it just needs to go.  It gets worse with every patch and there isn't any way to fix it besides eliminating it.

mjanderson68 #36 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 06:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 9464 battles

View PostBoomer_Thorsen, on Sep 07 2017 - 01:58, said:

Arty is the biggest factor limiting WoT's popularity.   Otherwise it's a fabulous game.  I wonder how many thousands of noobs have been arty'd to death and thought "screw this I'm not paying money to be victimized by random BS" and moved on to other games.  In my case, since 9.18 my play time and  expenditures of $$ have been seriously curtailed because arty takes the fun out of the game for me.  If I had not already invested so much money in the game I would just dump it and move on.    You can't flank or scout or coordinate with team mates or really do anything besides camp or hide without being killed by arty.   Those who try anyway just become the first to fall. 

The preferred solution is to just refund credits, give arty crews a free re-specialization  and get arty out of the game.

If arty was limited to one per team (of 15) at least the outcome of the battles would largely be determined by the play of the TANKERS and all the usual tank battle strategies would come back .into routine play.   Now days players are so accustomed to hiding and camping (or risking being early casualties)   that people hide and camp as their default behavior even when the occasional arty free game comes along. 

Really it just needs to go.  It gets worse with every patch and there isn't any way to fix it besides eliminating it.

100% agree. 

Arty can fire faster than I can repair tracks.  Have been pinned down by 5 straight splashes then picked off by a light driving by at 50kph It's beyond frustrating to not have a single option or counter.  

I'd pay for an arty free game and I haven't paid for WOT for years (been playing 5 now).  

nastykiller92 #37 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 14:52

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13827 battles

Issue with arties now is the stun is too much of a factor that isn't balanced itself, one the stun effectiveness, not the time, kills a tank's effectiveness to the point it is like the crew member was knocked out, slows down the tank, reload doubles, aim is garbage, view range and signal range is dramatically decrease, and you can't even turn fast as that's been halfed, too. Too most player's the stun mechanic was countering the IRL purpose of artilleries. But, on top of all of it, WarGaming lied about not being one shotted by arty when lights and every low health tanks with craparmor versus arty like all of the Swedish TDs, get one-shotted by arty that are either same tier or higher. In my opinion they should have just swapped the AT and HEAT rounds in arty for pure HE. i.e. M40/M43 one shots me in my T71 as the first kill and it isn't an ammo rack.

Reloads are too short on arties to the point in a tier 7 game a T29 can stunned to death by arty because they are too fast of a reload and way to accurate for tanks like the M44, M40/M43 (Been considered as one of the best tier 8 arty before the update), and M53/M55 (Been considered as the best tier 9 arty pre-update.)

Before arty changes, I didn't mind arties as much. I held and took a side in my T29 on Live Oaks with the only arty firing at me on the medium side. I was more annoyed by a derp gun Jumbo than arty. Post arty changes, more people complained about arty in the first month than ever before compared to year before it happened.

An idea to counter stun is put a perk/skill in nerf the effective and duration of it if stun isn't removed.

Edited by nastykiller92, Sep 07 2017 - 14:53.

Ape_Drape #38 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 15:30

Captain

• Players
  • 36474 battles
  • [SOT] SOT

75 damage on a direct hit with a GW E100. I would like to see shell costs reduced to 5 or 10 silver, cost of vehicle reduced to say, 210,000 silver and experience to research reduced to 1000 exp. Then I'd like the difference  refunded to me.

There's your feedback.

Edited by Ape_Drape, Sep 07 2017 - 15:32.

UnDeadDemon956 #39 Posted Sep 09 2017 - 16:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29343 battles
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP
Yeah warshaming I still see an issue, the arty is still in the game. And the fix? Remove it.

123manu #40 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 17:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15422 battles

why do I have to fire prem ammo to pen  maus from the front.  

please dont say that I have to flank him because that it not always an option with the current maps

it seems as if the team with the most super heavies has the best chance to win in randoms

Also tagged with Patch 9.20

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users