Jump to content


Suggestion: More Light and SPG Tier 8 Premium Tanks


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Blue___Phoenix #1 Posted Sep 01 2017 - 09:15

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 11856 battles
  • 197
  • [PHX2] PHX2
  • Member since:
    08-28-2014

According to Tankopedia, the only premium tier 8 LIGHT tank is leKpz M 41 90 mm GF (German)

There are no premium tier 8 tanks for SPG

https://worldoftanks..._l=8_9_10&w_p=1

 

Suggestion: More Light and SPG Tier 8 Premium Tanks


Edited by Blue___Phoenix, Sep 01 2017 - 09:16.


galspanic #2 Posted Sep 01 2017 - 09:30

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 22134 battles
  • 2,962
  • [GUNS3] GUNS3
  • Member since:
    01-06-2016
I am all for adding tier 8 lights, but adding artillery would be a huge pain in the [edited]. I would Like to see tier 5 and 6 SPGs though - being able to put my tier 10 crews in a vehicle and not lose 50,000 credits would be pretty sweet.

KaiserWilhelmShatner #3 Posted Sep 01 2017 - 09:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 12965 battles
  • 3,814
  • [GUNS1] GUNS1
  • Member since:
    03-03-2012
At least fill in the nations that already have arty wtih a premie; Germany, US, and Russia

Blue___Phoenix #4 Posted Sep 01 2017 - 09:46

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 11856 battles
  • 197
  • [PHX2] PHX2
  • Member since:
    08-28-2014

View PostKaiserWilhelmShatner, on Sep 01 2017 - 09:36, said:

At least fill in the nations that already have arty wtih a premie; Germany, US, and Russia

 

As mentioned before, the ONLY nation with an SPG tier 8 premium tank is: NONE

Edited by Blue___Phoenix, Sep 01 2017 - 09:47.


KaiserWilhelmShatner #5 Posted Sep 01 2017 - 09:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 12965 battles
  • 3,814
  • [GUNS1] GUNS1
  • Member since:
    03-03-2012

View PostBlue___Phoenix, on Sep 01 2017 - 00:46, said:

 

As mentioned before, the ONLY nation with an SPG tier 8 premium tank is: NONE

 

As stated by the poster above me tier 8 arty premies would be bad.  I agree.  However tier 5 premie arty would be fine.  Those nations that have an arty line but DO NOT have a mid tier premium arty are Germany, US and Russia.  Do you get it now?

Blue___Phoenix #6 Posted Sep 01 2017 - 10:08

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 11856 battles
  • 197
  • [PHX2] PHX2
  • Member since:
    08-28-2014

View Postgalspanic, on Sep 01 2017 - 09:30, said:

I am all for adding tier 8 lights, but adding artillery would be a huge pain in the [edited]. I would Like to see tier 5 and 6 SPGs though - being able to put my tier 10 crews in a vehicle and not lose 50,000 credits would be pretty sweet.

 

There is no difference from regular SPG and Premium SPG. Same divided opinion about SPG's.

The ONLY (and obvious) advantages would be fast training and credit making for SPG lovers. Those would never be an "advantage" vs players on any game

 

I totally agree with you about SPG: "being able to put my tier 10 crews in a vehicle and not lose 50,000 credits would be pretty sweet."


Edited by Blue___Phoenix, Sep 01 2017 - 10:18.


johnmadara #7 Posted Sep 01 2017 - 10:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 31504 battles
  • 5,903
  • Member since:
    10-09-2011
WG will probably never add anymore premium arty, in fact WG has openly said they could release chinese spgs but held back thinking no one wants them, and they are right

Edited by johnmadara, Sep 01 2017 - 10:17.


Blue___Phoenix #8 Posted Sep 01 2017 - 10:19

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 11856 battles
  • 197
  • [PHX2] PHX2
  • Member since:
    08-28-2014

View Postjohnmadara, on Sep 01 2017 - 10:16, said:

[edited] Premium SPG would probably never be a thing

 

Actually, it is a thing!:

https://worldoftanks...s&w_t=SPG&w_p=1


Edited by Blue___Phoenix, Sep 01 2017 - 10:22.


Omega_Weapon #9 Posted Sep 01 2017 - 13:01

    Captain

  • Players
  • 40394 battles
  • 1,298
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
  • Member since:
    11-15-2011

View Postjohnmadara, on Sep 01 2017 - 04:16, said:

WG will probably never add anymore premium arty, in fact WG has openly said they could release chinese spgs but held back thinking no one wants them, and they are right

 

I want them. The Japanese ones too. Complete the trees.



_Tsavo #10 Posted Sep 01 2017 - 13:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 37178 battles
  • 13,406
  • [DIMBO] DIMBO
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

View PostBlue___Phoenix, on Sep 01 2017 - 03:46, said:

 

As mentioned before, the ONLY nation with an SPG tier 8 premium tank is: NONE

 

And it'll hopefully stay that way.

CynicalDutchie #11 Posted Sep 01 2017 - 13:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 35781 battles
  • 2,828
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011
WG should be removing SPGs, not add more of them.

Omega_Weapon #12 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 05:31

    Captain

  • Players
  • 40394 battles
  • 1,298
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
  • Member since:
    11-15-2011

View PostCynicalDutchie, on Sep 01 2017 - 07:22, said:

WG should be removing SPGs, not add more of them.

 

​Arty is fine and it actually makes this game better. The game doesn't work right without arty balancing the OP tanks and OP positions. If they ever do remove arty (they've made bad decisions before), it will be a huge step towards this game's final demise.

CynicalDutchie #13 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 07:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 35781 battles
  • 2,828
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Sep 02 2017 - 05:31, said:

 

Arty is fine and it actually makes this game better. The game doesn't work right without arty balancing the OP tanks and OP positions. If they ever do remove arty (they've made bad decisions before), it will be a huge step towards this game's final demise.

 

What drugs are you on and where can I get some? Arty has nothing to do with balancing "OP tanks and positions". Arty imbalances everything.



Omega_Weapon #14 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 14:37

    Captain

  • Players
  • 40394 battles
  • 1,298
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
  • Member since:
    11-15-2011

View PostCynicalDutchie, on Sep 02 2017 - 01:57, said:

 

What drugs are you on and where can I get some? Arty has nothing to do with balancing "OP tanks and positions". Arty imbalances everything.

 

​No drugs. Just common sense. How do you think it "imbalances" everything? Arty was designed as an intrinsic part of the game's balance. Its shocking how many people cannot understand that.

fr0stbyt #15 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 16:16

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 35621 battles
  • 397
  • [BRVE] BRVE
  • Member since:
    03-11-2011

View PostBlue___Phoenix, on Sep 01 2017 - 02:15, said:

According to Tankopedia, the only premium tier 8 LIGHT tank is leKpz M 41 90 mm GF (German)

There are no premium tier 8 tanks for SPG

https://worldoftanks..._l=8_9_10&w_p=1

 

Suggestion: More Light and SPG Tier 8 Premium Tanks

 

If WG added in tier 8 Prem SPG in the game sh*t would hit the fan fast. as for the light they are its called the T-44 light

fr0stbyt #16 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 16:20

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 35621 battles
  • 397
  • [BRVE] BRVE
  • Member since:
    03-11-2011

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Sep 01 2017 - 22:31, said:

 

​Arty is fine and it actually makes this game better. The game doesn't work right without arty balancing the OP tanks and OP positions. If they ever do remove arty (they've made bad decisions before), it will be a huge step towards this game's final demise.

 

-says game doesnt work with out arty

-game has matches with out arty, games are played fine.

 

Brilliant. 10/10 you got me  ;)


Edited by fr0stbyt, Sep 02 2017 - 16:21.


CynicalDutchie #17 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 17:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 35781 battles
  • 2,828
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Sep 02 2017 - 14:37, said:

 

​No drugs. Just common sense. How do you think it "imbalances" everything? Arty was designed as an intrinsic part of the game's balance. Its shocking how many people cannot understand that.

 

It clearly wasn't designed with the rest of the game in mind but as a separate godawful mechanic. Not to mention that the best matches are the ones without arty.



Omega_Weapon #18 Posted Sep 03 2017 - 00:09

    Captain

  • Players
  • 40394 battles
  • 1,298
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
  • Member since:
    11-15-2011

View Postfr0stbyt, on Sep 02 2017 - 10:20, said:

 

-says game doesnt work with out arty

-game has matches with out arty, games are played fine.

 

Brilliant. 10/10 you got me  ;)

 

​Well I've also seen matches with no heavies, or no mediums, or no lights, or no TDs. So according to your "logic" this game works fine with no tanks whatsoever. :facepalm:

Omega_Weapon #19 Posted Sep 03 2017 - 00:17

    Captain

  • Players
  • 40394 battles
  • 1,298
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
  • Member since:
    11-15-2011

View PostCynicalDutchie, on Sep 02 2017 - 11:54, said:

 

It clearly wasn't designed with the rest of the game in mind but as a separate godawful mechanic. Not to mention that the best matches are the ones without arty.

 

​If I'm in a top tier heavy on an open map, then I admit it feels nice to have no arty in that battle, because its easier for me personally. I don't have to think as hard and my focus can be two dimensional instead of three dimensional. If I'm in a scout or a medium I really miss not having arty though. Since I understand how to be arty aware I'm not afraid of its presence and I know it hurts the bad players more anyways. I get killed by arty far less than I do by any other tank class, even when I'm in heavies. Removing the extra dimension provided by arty just dumbs the game down too much. Easier is not always better.

Blue___Phoenix #20 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 10:02

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 11856 battles
  • 197
  • [PHX2] PHX2
  • Member since:
    08-28-2014

SPG = anti-campers. No campers...somewhat better games

 

To bright the post back to the original topic:

 

@Wargaming:

Make Premium TIER 8 (or lower) SPG

Make Premium TIER 8 Light tanks

 

Leaving the heated SPG topic aside, let's stay on track.


Edited by Blue___Phoenix, Sep 12 2017 - 10:03.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users