[Poll] Is the Defender Overpowered?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Defender (68 members have cast votes)

Is the Obj. 252U Defender Overpowered?

1. Yes (38 votes [55.88%])

Percentage of vote: 55.88%

2. No (30 votes [44.12%])

Percentage of vote: 44.12%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Mr_FruitOfTheTank #1 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 21:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3633 battles
 Tomorrow's poll, What is the best German Heavy compared to what it may fight?

Edited by Mr_FruitOfTheTank, Sep 02 2017 - 23:53.

Scorpiany #2 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 21:44

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 29678 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

It absolutely is OP. It has more armor than many Tier 9 tanks get, and it has what is essentially a Tier 9 alpha gun, on a Tier 8 heavy.

Lower Tier tanks have practically no chance of penetrating you anywhere, regardless of how poorly you angle. Same Tier tanks very often have to load Premium shells to be able to penetrate your lower plate. Hell, even Tier 9 and 10 tanks can struggle; since the upper plate is almost always going to bounce shells regardless of angle, and the lower plate can become auto-bounce if the hull is angled slightly downwards.

Demonic_Angel_of_Death #3 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 21:46

Major

• Players
  • 2142 battles
  • [DEMON] DEMON

Yes, and statistics prove it...

These are even NA statistics at that...

Source

Edited by Demonic_Angel_of_Death, Sep 02 2017 - 21:49.

Mad_Dog_Seabee #4 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 21:51

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7901 battles
  • [-RG--] -RG--

View PostScorpiany, on Sep 02 2017 - 13:44, said:

It absolutely is OP. It has more armor than many Tier 9 tanks get, and it has what is essentially a Tier 9 alpha gun, on a Tier 8 heavy.

Lower Tier tanks have practically no chance of penetrating you anywhere, regardless of how poorly you angle. Same Tier tanks very often have to load Premium shells to be able to penetrate your lower plate. Hell, even Tier 9 and 10 tanks can struggle; since the upper plate is almost always going to bounce shells regardless of angle, and the lower plate can become auto-bounce if the hull is angled slightly downwards.

I no longer consider the Defender Overpowered because I can kill it in four to five hits with my OBJ 416 and six to seven hits with my O-Ni. I can bounce the Defender's shells in both of my tanks. I cannot remember if it had top tier preferred match-making out the gate but if so, it certainly isn't OP anymore since it can be bottom tier.

Dionysus_Zagreus #5 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 21:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35405 battles
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ
lol.....  it's very OP.  Stupid in fact.....

BogusBadger #6 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 21:55

Captain

• Players
  • 32429 battles
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK
I notice terrible players always defend things like the defender because it's the only type of tank they can win in.

Scorpiany #7 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 21:57

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 29678 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View PostMad_Dog_Seabee, on Sep 02 2017 - 13:51, said:

I no longer consider the Defender Overpowered because I can kill it in four to five hits with my OBJ 416 and six to seven hits with my O-Ni. I can bounce the Defender's shells in both of my tanks. I cannot remember if it had top tier preferred match-making out the gate but if so, it certainly isn't OP anymore since it can be bottom tier.

...That has to be some of the worst logic I've ever read.

...You consider the Defender to be balanced, because you can kill it in 4-5 hits in the Obj. 416? ...You do realize that it can kill your Obj. 416 in 3 shots... Right?

And your O-Ni has a derp gun that doesn't need to aim... That's one single tank... Also, the Defender can kill your O-Ni... In 3-4 shots... Much less than your 6-7.

Did you even think about what you were saying...? What was your logic supposed to be? What was... Anything in your post? Where are my pants?

The_World_Needs_A_Hero #8 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 22:00

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6549 battles

People who have it will say no. People who don't have it or can't afford it will say yes. 

I_Like_Tuwtles #9 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 22:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16851 battles
When I can average over 2,600 DPG in a tier 8, I think it's OP.

Mad_Dog_Seabee #10 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 22:10

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7901 battles
  • [-RG--] -RG--

View PostScorpiany, on Sep 02 2017 - 13:57, said:

...That has to be some of the worst logic I've ever read.

...You consider the Defender to be balanced, because you can kill it in 4-5 hits in the Obj. 416? ...You do realize that it can kill your Obj. 416 in 3 shots... Right?

And your O-Ni has a derp gun that doesn't need to aim... That's one single tank... Also, the Defender can kill your O-Ni... In 3-4 shots... Much less than your 6-7.

Did you even think about what you were saying...? What was your logic supposed to be? What was... Anything in your post? Where are my pants?

You know for a Community Contributor you sure seem to freely talk crap about the Company you are supporting. That really isn't a good idea mate.

I never said it was balance,d I simply said it wasn't overpowered. It is tough sure, but most players are raging idiots and don't know how to play the thing. They see a good replay and assume that the thing is invincible and over angle their armor with the false impression that the Defender is special and doesn't adhere to the Game Mechanics like every other tank.

Also, actually I do have to aim my derp gun, you should know this. Plenty of tanks block my HE when I try to snapshot or try to pen the side of a tank that is angled correctly. Derp doesn't mean I will always do damage dude,

Yes I understand the Defender can kill my 416 in three shells, if he aims...which seems to not be the case lately. People don't aim very often anymore, they just shoot and assume the shell with magnetically hit the target because they bought a supposedly pay2win vehicle. Hell, I bounced the Chrysler GF off my Obj 416;s turet the other day on Paris. You know how stupid you gotta be to bounce a shell from high damaging tank off the turret of tier VIII ledium tank? I assume you do since you've been playing so damn long.

8bit_Gamer #11 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 22:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13902 battles
Numbers don't lie...look at vehicle parameters and player statistics.

Viper69 #12 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 22:13

Major

• Players
  • 7416 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostThe_World_Needs_A_Hero, on Sep 02 2017 - 16:00, said:

People who have it will say no. People who don't have it or can't afford it will say yes. 

that's a false statement not all people who own an obviously OP tank will.  I have an E25 and will openly admit it's OP. So by your logic I should say it's not. 

killertank_962 #13 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 22:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 10994 battles
  • [AR-PA] AR-PA

View PostMad_Dog_Seabee, on Sep 03 2017 - 09:10, said:

You know for a Community Contributor you sure seem to freely talk crap about the Company you are supporting. That really isn't a good idea mate.

I never said it was balance,d I simply said it wasn't overpowered. It is tough sure, but most players are raging idiots and don't know how to play the thing. They see a good replay and assume that the thing is invincible and over angle their armor with the false impression that the Defender is special and doesn't adhere to the Game Mechanics like every other tank.

Also, actually I do have to aim my derp gun, you should know this. Plenty of tanks block my HE when I try to snapshot or try to pen the side of a tank that is angled correctly. Derp doesn't mean I will always do damage dude,

Yes I understand the Defender can kill my 416 in three shells, if he aims...which seems to not be the case lately. People don't aim very often anymore, they just shoot and assume the shell with magnetically hit the target because they bought a supposedly pay2win vehicle. Hell, I bounced the Chrysler GF off my Obj 416;s turet the other day on Paris. You know how stupid you gotta be to bounce a shell from high damaging tank off the turret of tier VIII ledium tank? I assume you do since you've been playing so damn long.

Foch did it, get a brain soon <3

Cutthroatlemur #14 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 22:23

Major

• Players
  • 17668 battles

View PostMad_Dog_Seabee, on Sep 02 2017 - 13:10, said:

I do not understand your logic regarding the Chrysler...it has a relatively poor pen gun, it's the only real weakness of that tank, bouncing a shot from one proves nothing.

CapPhrases #15 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 22:32

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6074 battles
  • [TXV] TXV

hard stats show it as being clearly OP (Overpowered/Over Performing)

there should be no discussion about this WG either nerf or remove it. Just saying that you won't sell it for a long time *coughChristmascough* does not fix the ones already in the game.

who ever looked at this tank and thought it was fine needs to hard grind the ARL V39 with a 75% crew they did that bad.

caramel #16 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 22:33

Major

• Players
  • 7994 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA

View Postkillertank_962, on Sep 02 2017 - 13:21, said:

Foch did it, get a brain soon <3

The foch stuff blew up because they were abusing DMCA on Youtube, not because they removed him as a community contributor on the forums.

Scorpiany #17 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 22:41

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 29678 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View PostMad_Dog_Seabee, on Sep 02 2017 - 14:10, said:

I'm not WarGaming's puppet. My job as a Community Contributor is to represent the community to WarGaming, as well as to provide useful content to the community. I'm not their personal PR machine.

I will gladly criticize poor balancing, company decisions, etc. from WarGaming. I love the game, don't get me wrong. But that's also why it's important for me to point out the mistakes WG makes, and to give them feedback.

Emmett257 #18 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 22:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7206 battles

View PostMad_Dog_Seabee, on Sep 02 2017 - 21:10, said:

You want them to be a spineless sycophant suck-up? The game has problems and WG should fix them. 

Mikosah #19 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 23:05

Major

• Players
  • 17456 battles
The Defender is what happens when you allow some young children to look at the IS-3 and pick out some free buffs for it. "I want more alpha, but at no loss to DPM or penetration! I want more front armor, but don't you dare lower my mobility! Give me more gun depression, but don't remove my side skirts or lower my view range!" Et cetera, et cetera. And let us not forget that it is a premium, and so it comes with the additional benefits of faster crew training and earning tons more credits. Want to spam food and gold shells? Nothing is going to stop you now.

HOTA_CHATON #20 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 23:12

Major

• Players
  • 12097 battles
  • [T0TS] T0TS

View PostDemonic_Angel_of_Death, on Sep 02 2017 - 14:46, said:

Yes, and statistics prove it...

These are even NA statistics at that...

Source

​If statistics prove this, then why does it always place lower than most other so called OP tanks in opinion pols, except here in the US? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users