Australian Server

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

anderil #1 Posted Sep 03 2017 - 13:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 15287 battles

Dear WG

All AU players have been offered transfers to SEA server operated by a different franchisee, Please, please open an Australian server I know lots of players would come back to the game if we had decent pings,

At present Central is 305 and SEA is 370 for the last few week, however in the past when I used my other account is was around 150-170.

Have you considered canvassing how many players would re-subscribe and move from NA and SEA to an Australian Server?

_Schneller_Heinz_ #2 Posted Sep 03 2017 - 13:53

Captain

• -Players-
  • 1931 battles
  • [VGASR] VGASR
Sorry to say but that want happen in this lifetime.

Edited by _Schneller_Heinz_, Sep 03 2017 - 13:59.

Mondochiwan #3 Posted Sep 03 2017 - 18:52

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9344 battles
  • [101RM] 101RM
The USA can't support two and you think Australia can have a decent server population???

SacherMasoc #4 Posted Sep 03 2017 - 23:41

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5565 battles
I don't know if there would be enough of a population within AUS/NZ for an exclusive server. But why not an SEA 2, with a server somewhere in Australia? The SEA-ME-WE 3 undersea cable goes down every few months, often for months at a time. It's currently down until at least mid October. Another server south of the Timor Sea could be the solution.

anderil #5 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 01:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 15287 battles

I dont think it would hurt to canvass AU players and from that market research determine the viability of an AU server it would be better financially for NA to retain their customers than offloading them to SEA which is a different company.

In response to the issues in NA it makes sense to consolidate their play base on one server as the new balancing on MM works better with high population servers, 

At the end of the day, all we want is to be able to play with a reasonable ping, it's not that expensive to run remote servers, managed from the US.

While I have no issue with playing on SEA I do have issues with being unable to play due to the cable being down again and losing premium game time for weeks on end as having an account on SEA and NA, my SEA account is unplayable at present.

TinDingo #6 Posted Sep 23 2017 - 02:58

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1309 battles

View Postanderil, on Sep 03 2017 - 13:04, said:

Dear WG

All AU players have been offered transfers to SEA server operated by a different franchisee, Please, please open an Australian server I know lots of players would come back to the game if we had decent pings,

At present Central is 305 and SEA is 370 for the last few week, however in the past when I used my other account is was around 150-170.

Have you considered canvassing how many players would re-subscribe and move from NA and SEA to an Australian Server?

I was not offered a transfer.

I did not get the email and when I put in a ticket about it they said I did qualify but missed out on the transfer and that there "may" be another one in the future.

The NA franchise does not want to loose players.

They are making it difficult to go to Asia and impossible to go to the EU.

If 10,000 players leave because of the merger then the whole point of the merger will have to be questioned.

Did anyone at WG even think about the possibility of loosing players as a result of this?

jarki5 #7 Posted Sep 28 2017 - 07:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 48165 battles
Still waiting to hear about the transfer. I had another ticket in and they asked me about the transfer and I said yes then. Nothing since. SEA has been re-routed ATM and I am getting better ping and less drop-out there with the cables gone!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users