• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

Asassian7 #41 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 01:00

Major

• Players
  • 23953 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View Postmisterwit, on Sep 04 2017 - 11:42, said:

Up until tier 9, there's actually a lot of real tanks in the german tree. The Wehrmacht was pretty good at not wasting anything until it was completely obsolete. Recycling french/old german/czech hulls into SPG's and assault guns was a pretty smart move for a country that still carried out most of its logistics on trains and horses. In fact, one of the most crippling logistical challenges for Germany was keeping the inventory and transfer of spare parts organized so that units using 2nd hand gear could get parts for their french tank/troop truck/etc all the way to Russia (for example).

If substantiation be thy want, note that Porche's crappy tiger prototypes were made into ferdinands because they needed hulls to carry 8.8cm guns THAT badly.

I was classing it as which trees had the most real, production vehicles, in the most historical configurations, to the ratio of tanks in the tree.

Quite a large portion of german tanks in the game were real and used by the german army. Especially in low tiers. I think the exeptions for that rule lie in the mid tier meds (5/6) which has several prototypes, the second TD line (unsure about that though) and the heavy line to the Maus. 

If you think about it, the entire first TD line, right to the Jagtiger, are real vehicles that were in service. In most of the lines its not until you get to tier 8/9 where you get into prototypes. 

When you compare, if you think about it most of the American heavy line was prototypes. So was most of both TD lines, especially above tier 6. And only the medium line has a lot of historical tanks. This is the same for most other lines. Only the Russian line is close to germany in that regard but even then its still peppered with prototypes to fill up most of the lines to tier 10.

Coward_Of_The_County #42 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 01:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15682 battles

View PostHI_FIVE, on Sep 03 2017 - 14:02, said:

Cant fix stupid

Yes you can. That's why Smith and Wesson make a .357 magnum :teethhappy:

misterwit #43 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 02:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12824 battles
  • [NOKAP] NOKAP

View PostAsassian7, on Sep 04 2017 - 00:00, said:

I was classing it as which trees had the most real, production vehicles, in the most historical configurations, to the ratio of tanks in the tree.

Quite a large portion of german tanks in the game were real and used by the german army. Especially in low tiers. I think the exeptions for that rule lie in the mid tier meds (5/6) which has several prototypes, the second TD line (unsure about that though) and the heavy line to the Maus. 

If you think about it, the entire first TD line, right to the Jagtiger, are real vehicles that were in service. In most of the lines its not until you get to tier 8/9 where you get into prototypes. 

When you compare, if you think about it most of the American heavy line was prototypes. So was most of both TD lines, especially above tier 6. And only the medium line has a lot of historical tanks. This is the same for most other lines. Only the Russian line is close to germany in that regard but even then its still peppered with prototypes to fill up most of the lines to tier 10.

True, but you have to be fair to WG, the United States took very little serious interest in a heavy tank due to always needing oceanic transport capability. You needed big boats and strong dock cranes to haul the tanks out and quite frankly every extra 100 pounds you slapped on a Sherman reduced the number of ports in Europe you could unload at back then. We researched and tested them because we were afraid we might need them and end up years behind in development, but realistically the Pershing was the closest we got to giving the idea of a heavy tank win the European theater any credence.

I'm 100% OK with even paper tanks in the game. Variety is sorely needed and I like when tanks that never existed go into the game as long as they aren't just another M4/T-34/T-54 reprint.

_Gungrave_ #44 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 02:39

Major

• Players
  • 36647 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN

View PostSgt__Guffy, on Sep 04 2017 - 00:30, said:

It depends what you mean by historically accurate. At the beginning of WW II the Germans had mainly light tanks you would associate with the light tanks in the game. They later built PZ III and IV's which were highly successful and could be easily modified. They then made the mistake of building heavier tanks such as the Tiger and Panther, but their emphasis on quality rather than quantity cost them dear, particularly against the Russian tanks which consisted of the highly successful KV1 and T34 which, though crudely made, could be made in larger quantities in factories well out of bombing range.  This prompted the building of Stugs and the successful Jadgpanther which were cheaper to make and good defensive vehicles. I think the Hetzer was present earlier in the war, but I'm not sure how many were built. All the others you care to name didn't get out of prototype stage or were still on the drawing board. Even the Tiger 2, only a handful were produced and that was towards the end of the war.

I think WG stretch the credibility of the WW II tanks in the game to it's limits, but I think it highly unlikely it would go to litigation! :facepalm:

By all means correct me if I am wrong, but the a lot of tanks on the German tree were not present in WW II. 

Guffy.

They should have stuck with Panthers but designed them to be a bit simpler, easier to manufacture, and allow for retrofit upgrades. The gun on the Panther was crazy good even at the end of the war IS1s and IS2s still had to respect it.

Honestly I think the German tank program later in the war had too much meddling from those outside the tank program mainly from Hitler who had an obsession with bigger and better things.

Edited by _Gungrave_, Sep 04 2017 - 02:39.

_Gungrave_ #45 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 04:43

Major

• Players
  • 36647 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN

View PostCoward_Of_The_County, on Sep 04 2017 - 01:00, said:

Better option:

RNG_is_Magic #46 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 05:38

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10015 battles

View Post_Gungrave_, on Sep 03 2017 - 19:39, said:

They should have stuck with Panthers but designed them to be a bit simpler, easier to manufacture, and allow for retrofit upgrades. The gun on the Panther was crazy good even at the end of the war IS1s and IS2s still had to respect it.

Honestly I think the German tank program later in the war had too much meddling from those outside the tank program mainly from Hitler who had an obsession with bigger and better things.

I would say bigger not necessarily better tho.

Burning_Haggis #47 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 06:05

Captain

• Players
  • 40695 battles
  • [G-M-U] G-M-U

View PostMad_Dog_Seabee, on Sep 03 2017 - 15:31, said:

They cannot be sued. The laws you speak of are not international, they exist only in certain countries like the United States and Canada, and a few others. The main body of this company exists in Northern Europe and a lawsuit would have to be filed against the parent company or the main office.

Before you run your mouth about Law, do some actual research.

Ya, you are completely wrong.

Ask tocata how that works

Icon_Charlie #48 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 07:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14165 battles
  • [-DRB-] -DRB-

View PostCoward_Of_The_County, on Sep 03 2017 - 16:00, said:

Actually I use the 1st generation of the stainless steel version of the Smith & Wesson 4006.. with tricon sights... using Black Talons

Because you want to leave a real good first impression... every time :trollface:

Viserion_Dies #49 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 07:50

Major

• Players
  • 30230 battles
  • [FADED] FADED

View PostBigDollarBillz, on Sep 03 2017 - 20:47, said:

Seriously some of the people who post on here, are taking stupid to a whole new level.

consider, these people play the game. which is why you get these lovely teams

bumper02 #50 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 14:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 9295 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4
Be glad WG didnt impliment gun sights from the time periods. Having to judge range by eyesight, manually set elevation, etc. Most people would shoot through their whole loadout hitting nothing.

bumper02 #51 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 14:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 9295 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4
Double post

Markd73 #52 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 14:43

Major

• Players
  • 28621 battles
  • [AOS] AOS

View PostDrsaatan, on Sep 03 2017 - 20:41, said:

hey war gamming better pull the words HISTORICAL AUCCURACY OFF the banner on the world of tanks main web page before someone files a lawsuit for false advertisement and fraud, none of your tanks in game are close to historical accuracy especially the German ones

They may start getting scared if you were able to spell gaming or accuracy correctly in your comment.

Edited by Markd73, Sep 04 2017 - 14:44.

Icon_Charlie #53 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 15:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14165 battles
  • [-DRB-] -DRB-

View Postbumper02, on Sep 04 2017 - 05:31, said:

Be glad WG didnt impliment gun sights from the time periods. Having to judge range by eyesight, manually set elevation, etc. Most people would shoot through their whole loadout hitting nothing.

hahahaha!  You are so damned right. Used to hunt and fish when I was young. Now that I am old as dirt I use my idiot stick for home defense.

Mossburg 500 18" barrel. Perfectly legal. 

Firemoth #54 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 16:18

Major

• Players
  • 35551 battles

historically when the commander is killed, the driver opens up the first aid kit, presses 1 and patches the commander up instantly. the driver is also responsible for repairing the track when it gets destroyed by pressing 5/5.

if the driver is the one who is dead, then one of the other crew members can use the first aid kit in his place.

GuanacoMaTe #55 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 16:51

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 35842 battles
  • [AVCUM] AVCUM

View Post_Gungrave_, on Sep 03 2017 - 21:45, said:

Wow this thread is sad and pathetic LOL

You're semi threatening a lawsuit over an arcade game which has always held gameplay over historical accuracy. I hope this thread reaches 10 pages because it certainly will become amusing to read.

​you must be one of the [edited]-kisser from wargaming you always defend WOT if you are part of this fraudulent company then let me tell you this the only thing this fraudulent game can get from me is my HOT MILK if you want something then you just need get on you knee :)

riff_ #56 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 16:53

Major

• Players
  • 25430 battles

View PostCoward_Of_The_County, on Sep 03 2017 - 19:00, said:

View Post_Gungrave_, on Sep 03 2017 - 22:43, said:

Better option:

I am offended by the gun violence on this thread.   It is endemic of the white male power structure that has proliferated violence against people of color, forced socio economic deprived class and gender identity persons.  Please remove it at once.  I shall check later once I have played my KV-2.  If not remove I shall report you to the UN.

Disclaimer :  This post was sarcasm, please to report me, take any action regarding a "strike" or protest my house.  It was just in good fun. 

Edited by riff_, Sep 04 2017 - 16:57.

_Gungrave_ #57 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 16:55

Major

• Players
  • 36647 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN

View PostGuanacoMaTe, on Sep 04 2017 - 16:51, said:

​you must be one of the [edited]-kisser from wargaming you always defend WOT if you are part of this fraudulent company then let me tell you this the only thing this fraudulent game can get from me is my HOT MILK if you want something then you just need get on you knee :)

No I'm one of those people who live in something called reality where I question everything and look at the facts to understand things.

Guardian00 #58 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 17:05

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 45966 battles
  • [FOAD] FOAD
Such a post as this does nothing but get the troll posters going.  You are wasting your time with such a post, I just come to have a good laugh anymore.

LeaveIT2Beaver #59 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 17:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 28284 battles
  • [BRIG] BRIG

View PostBigDollarBillz, on Sep 03 2017 - 15:47, said:

Seriously some of the people who post on here, are taking stupid to a whole new level.

Well said 

Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, Sep 04 2017 - 17:13.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users