Server lied South Africa wargaming NA EU Ping

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

ltDRAGONBILE #1 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 21:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13767 battles

Hi all, 

Just a mail i put together for Wargaming from an average WOT player from South Africa.  The long and short?  how Wargaming lied/lies to players before and during the game.  Read if you like and drop a comment if you wish.

This is what you as WARGAMING told us when we first started, and i quote:

Go to the website of the American region

Your location: South Africa
The website of the European region is optimized for users from Europe. For your comfort, we recommend that you use the website of your region.

YOU told us to join NA server from the start and said it is for our comfort.  This is untrue, and a blatant lie to South African players when we start up.  You still advertise this when a person goes to the EU server, telling them to join NA.  Not only is the ping and latency so bad one hardly can play, you go and merge the two American servers and make it worse for us to play.  You did not or do not consult with the gaming community and make implementations so you can save money on servers, but do nothing to resolve the problems this creates to your customers?  

For a FACT EU server gives South African players less 100 ping and far better latency than NA servers.  I have to sit with ping of 350+ as per the survey i filled in for you and the ping plotter.  As stated in my previous mail i said that my previous complaint regarding the transfer from last year, YOU as Wargaming said if there is a server transfer in the future i will be able to go, not before.  There have been server transfers from the NA server now, so telling me i am not eligible for a transfer now is saying that Wargaming lied to me in the past.  They also lied to me by telling me NA is the better server for us in South Africa...  I am not interested in a automatic copy paste reply from wargaming now, i want to be put in contact with a senior person in the wargaming department.  There are two choices here for Wargaming, either move my account to EU as previously promised or fully reimburse me for ALL my gold purchases as well as Gold tanks that i have paid for while being lied to by Wargaming.  

I trust this letter makes it to the appropriate senior manager in your department and i await his response.

Regards,
G

xrays_ #2 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 21:23

Major

• Players
  • 41964 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

All the cool kids are threatening lawsuits... Try that next.

Also, why do you think the forum is a good place to post this? Wouldn't support tickets be a better option? Oh, sure, I realize you probably already did that, but again, I ask why do you think the forum is a good place for this? We are players, we have no power. The moderators here don't have any power, either.

x.

Nudnick #3 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 21:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 19633 battles
All they care about is EU, RU and Asia. The rest of the world doesn't matter to them. Pretty soon they'll no longer be a worldwide game.

Cenotaph #4 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 21:34

Captain

• Players
  • 9305 battles

View Postxrays_, on Sep 04 2017 - 12:23, said:

Also, why do you think the forum is a good place to post this? Wouldn't support tickets be a better option? Oh, sure, I realize you probably already did that, but again, I ask why do you think the forum is a good place for this? We are players, we have no power. The moderators here don't have any power, either.

QFT.

Mondochiwan #5 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 21:37

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9061 battles
  • [101RM] 101RM
I'm also from south Africa and I share your sentiment. Ping has gone down the crapper since the server merge. They better transfer us to EU.

ltDRAGONBILE #6 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 21:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13767 battles

xrays_#2

thanks for your reply man.  I was hoping that in some way somebody had a brilliant plan in solving our dissue ...

ltDRAGONBILE #7 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 21:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13767 battles

View PostNudnick, on Sep 04 2017 - 21:26, said:

All they care about is EU, RU and Asia. The rest of the world doesn't matter to them. Pretty soon they'll no longer be a worldwide game.

Feelsbadman

xrays_ #8 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 21:55

Major

• Players
  • 41964 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostltDRAGONBILE, on Sep 04 2017 - 15:49, said:

xrays_

thanks for your reply man.  I was hoping that in some way somebody had a brilliant plan in solving our dissue ...

Just glad I could help in some small way... Good luck to you in your quest!

x.

Silvers_ #9 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 22:22

Major

• Players
  • 40641 battles
  • [REL2] REL2
Maybe you missed the thread where they said they would allow server transfers? I know they are allowing transfers to Sea for players there and they have mentioned about letting others transfer. Seeing as you are in SA maybe send that in and ask if you can transfer to EU.

GaiusMaximus505 #10 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 23:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 3900 battles
I doubt WG knows the difference between South Africa and South America... SA is SA... and all...  We like having you here but sorry you have bad ping.

Mondochiwan #11 Posted Sep 05 2017 - 05:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9061 battles
  • [101RM] 101RM

View PostSilvers_, on Sep 04 2017 - 21:22, said:

Maybe you missed the thread where they said they would allow server transfers? I know they are allowing transfers to Sea for players there and they have mentioned about letting others transfer. Seeing as you are in SA maybe send that in and ask if you can transfer to EU.

Maybe you missed the thread where dozens of people have been begging for an EU transfer for weeks and the best response we have gotten is "this is something we can look into" followed by about 2 weeks of silence.

frog_a #12 Posted Sep 05 2017 - 23:55

Private

• -Players-
  • 7800 battles
yep yep yep. south africa is but a pimple on their Belorussian asses. frankly they probably have stereotypically racist notions about africa as a continent, i.e. why arent we in jungles doing things with drums and/or human skin instead of being on a *gasp computer and furthermore given how little revenue we provide relative to their other markets we are all but irrelevant. 

COIN_23 #13 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 22:01

Private

• -Players-
  • 12795 battles
  • [SATR] SATR

Lol...a pimple we are here in South Africa.

WG NA has advised us they cannot move us over to the EU server at the moment since they are busy with the SEA server etc...but they "will look into it"...i therefore assume it will not happen very soon, if it even happens!

I created an account on the EU server after playing over  12000 matches on the NA sever. My current average ping on the NA server is 320 to 390 and on a bad day 390 to 450...absolutely unplayable...

My current average ping on the EU server is between 190 and 240...much better!...

So hoping WG will come to the rescue and see the pimple here at the most Southern part of wild Africa!

fred_632 #14 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 22:11

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4408 battles
  • [TBM] TBM

View PostCOIN_23, on Sep 12 2017 - 22:01, said:

Lol...a pimple we are here in South Africa.

WG NA has advised us they cannot move us over to the EU server at the moment since they are busy with the SEA server etc...but they "will look into it"...i therefore assume it will not happen very soon, if it even happens!

I created an account on the EU server after playing over  12000 matches on the NA sever. My current average ping on the NA server is 320 to 390 and on a bad day 390 to 450...absolutely unplayable...

My current average ping on the EU server is between 190 and 240...much better!...

So hoping WG will come to the rescue and see the pimple here at the most Southern part of wild Africa!

Ja en dan vat ons oor EU ook en wys hulle wie is baas.... Same boat as you boetie even with fiber I get 300 ping to NA and EU its 150 ping, I thought it was Afrihost screwing me then it hit me it's WG :D

Edited by fred_632, Sep 12 2017 - 22:13.

COIN_23 #15 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 22:27

Private

• -Players-
  • 12795 battles
  • [SATR] SATR

Jip...ive been complaing about bad ingame ping for more than a year and WG has been giving me ping plotters and game check tools etc etc on several occasions during this time..with no real answer to the problem..but everytime they come to the conclusion its my ISP..my graphics card or my system! Untill now....lol

Hopefully they will asisst us..thats if they know where South Africa is...

trapsuutjies #16 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 12:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15442 battles
  • [TBM] TBM

View PostCOIN_23, on Sep 12 2017 - 23:27, said:

thats if they know where South Africa is...

They don't need to. You don't need to know that the 'World' doesn't consist of America, in order to see that less ping is better. They have been collecting ping logs for weeks now, so I can't imagine that they still don't know about the problem. Suggesting that we join NA instead of EU was the original mistake, but now merging the servers have made it significantly worse. I'm on fibre and I can barely play (certain times of day are better), so I can't wait for the server merge.

At least the 300+ latency has improved my shot prediction, so I'm getting better at leading my targets :teethhappy:

FighterAce #17 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 14:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22290 battles

View Posttrapsuutjies, on Sep 13 2017 - 12:39, said:

At least the 300+ latency has improved my shot prediction, so I'm getting better at leading my targets :teethhappy:

Once on EU you'll be missing again since theres no need to compensate for lag as much  :teethhappy:

This happens to me even when playing on the test server with 50-60ms.

paddler1 #18 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 20:14

Private

• -Players-
  • 2670 battles

This forum is where WOT wants you to go so no one knows how they are gutting the game to get short term profits.  I worked for a company that did something similar.  After years of hard work we built up the business and the bean counters convinced management that they did not need to take care of customers, it was just leaving money on the table.  They cut commissions losing all the sales reps, cut customer service to where no one could get through the phones, etc.  Within one year sales had gone from the best ever to back where they were a decade ago.

I am on the American West Coast and the game is now pretty unplayable, not as bad as yours, but still 120 ping and 24 fms leaves the vehicles blind and un-driveable. 

You guys have one thing you can complain about that can really hurt them if posted in the right spot.  Hit the comments on the EU youtube website for every video they post about their racist behavior.  Hit them where it will really hurt.  In Europe being a Nazi is a hate crime.  Call them out for their Nazi racist attacks on Africa, keeping the blacks away from their Slavic women.  Otherwise WOT's attitude will be "let them eat lag".  Good Luck! 

Mondochiwan #19 Posted Sep 22 2017 - 04:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9061 battles
  • [101RM] 101RM
Ironically paddler, every WoT player I know in South Africa is white, and the vast majority are Afrikaans which is a Dutch / French / German European ancestry.

Heil!

Also tagged with Server, lied, South Africa, wargaming, NA, EU, Ping

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users