• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

trapsuutjies #21 Posted Sep 28 2017 - 10:56

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15911 battles
  • [TBM] TBM

View PostMondochiwan, on Sep 22 2017 - 05:42, said:

Ironically paddler, every WoT player I know in South Africa is white, and the vast majority are Afrikaans which is a Dutch / French / German European ancestry.

Heil!

...add to that the fact that most of us can trace our heritage back to people fighting on at LEAST two sides of every war in the last 300 years, I don't think we should start pointing fingers at WG EU!

paddler1 #22 Posted Sep 30 2017 - 06:19

Private

• -Players-
  • 2824 battles
Posted a complaint on the YouTube comments section to their weekly specials here in the US.  I asked why where they having a 3XP weekend event when they had promised to reduce the lag for everyone hurt by the server merge.  Mentioned you guys and SA and NZ and about how they seemed to be concerned about racial purity (yes I know you guys are mainly European descent but wanted to bust their politically correct chops).  They had removed the post in less than an hour.  Thinking of doing a video about this problem and post on YouTube so they cannot just keep it quiet.  What really burns me is that many of us playing have health problems and this is the only sport we can play.  I have COPD and use an oxygen condenser, arthritis of the spine, cardiac problems, and only have a few hours when my meds kick in that I can enjoy playing if I don't have to use that time for chores.  At least I am 67 and have had a life and am a big boy.  What is terrible is there are kids out there that are sick and the greed of these bastards is making what time they have left worse.  This is just a data base that they have put on a server farm, pretty unlikely they have an office for their IT in the states, so the savings they are getting is totally small potatoes.  They have lost 2/3s of their users.  I remember for the WC server only it used to run about 24,000 plus, maybe more to the best of my recall.  Now with the one central server they have 10,000 to 15,000.  They have no intention of fixing this or they would have switched back by now.  Perhaps they are hoping to sell/lease/license the US business just like Asia which would explain why they won't let you transfer to the EU.  It would not be so bad if at least they had been truthful from the start.  The continued lies are an insult to our intelligence and really burn their bridges.

COIN_23 #23 Posted Oct 03 2017 - 20:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13079 battles
  • [SATR] SATR

Another wonderful week on WOT NA Central...lol

360 to 450 average ping with packet loss/lag....rubber necking...lol

Fun and games...i click to shoot and by the time the shot goes of the enemy tank has moved and already shot back at mine...lol

And all that WG NA can say is...we dont know...we will let you know when the server transfer takes place...

And then you also get the clever sexual intellectuals on a lot of forums and in general chat who tells you its definately not the server...it must be your ISP..nothing wrong on WG's side...

And so our story continues....

Greetings from South Africa

bokkatankie #24 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 08:56

Private

• Players
  • 12156 battles
  • [ARRSE] ARRSE

This was my ticket response:

Earl Begovich 

Hello bokkatankie,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support!

I'm sorry to know that you are unable to play the game properly after the merging of server. Allow me to shed light here.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to transfer your account to another server. It is a technical limitation that keeps us from being able to complete transfers.

You are more than welcome to play on the EU server if the preferences suit your location.

You can download the EU game client here:
http://worldoftanks.eu/en/content/docs/update/

In regards to the NA server , you are free to play there as well if you choose, but at this point in time we are unable to transfer accounts across servers, and we do not link accounts or any of there content or progression across multiple servers.

We don't know when a server transfer option will be available again, but if it is, it will be announced on our News page here: http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/

Best Regards,

Earl Begovich
Wargaming America Support

About as much use as tits on a fish!

trapsuutjies #25 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 10:24

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15911 battles
  • [TBM] TBM

View Postbokkatankie, on Oct 10 2017 - 09:56, said:

Unfortunately, it is not possible to transfer your account to another server. It is a technical limitation that keeps us from being able to complete transfers.

You are more than welcome to play on the EU server if the preferences suit your location.

This is verbatim the response that they provided to me, before they started the server merging discussions / negotiations. This in and of itself does NOT mean they have cancelled the server merge / transfer event, simply that this particular support agent hasn't updated THERE copy and paste responses yet. I'm still optimistic...

H3RM #26 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 14:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15760 battles
  • [TBM] TBM
Your wasting you're time matey, there useless. Anyway, we could see if it really is a copy paste response by comparing the mistake with older replies and maybe we can see if we are communicating with humans. I strongly suspect they've been taken over by Skynet.

trapsuutjies #27 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 14:22

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15911 battles
  • [TBM] TBM

Hi guys - I opened a ticket with my concerns raised by this thread, and below is the response I received today. So they haven't cancelled the process, but they are still playing for time:

Jan Adams

Greetings Dear Tanker,

Thanks for contacting Wargaming Support!

We're sorry we're unable to begin transfers to the EU server at this time. We hope to begin in the near future so we apologize for any inconvenience while we organize this event.

Once the transfer program is ready, you'll be able to find more information on our forums as well as the World of Tanks web portal, here.

Thank you for bringing this up to us commander!

destroyer_steel123456789 #28 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 18:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 13475 battles

View Posttrapsuutjies, on Oct 10 2017 - 13:22, said:

Hi guys - I opened a ticket with my concerns raised by this thread, and below is the response I received today. So they haven't cancelled the process, but they are still playing for time:

Jan Adams

Greetings Dear Tanker,

Thanks for contacting Wargaming Support!

We're sorry we're unable to begin transfers to the EU server at this time. We hope to begin in the near future so we apologize for any inconvenience while we organize this event.

Once the transfer program is ready, you'll be able to find more information on our forums as well as the World of Tanks web portal, here.

Thank you for bringing this up to us commander!

i got the same reply - i am also from south africa, so i am really hoping for server transfers :).  Might just restart on EU though...don't know yet

trapsuutjies #29 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 11:27

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15911 battles
  • [TBM] TBM

View Postdestroyer_steel123456789, on Oct 10 2017 - 19:23, said:

i got the same reply - i am also from south africa, so i am really hoping for server transfers :).  Might just restart on EU though...don't know yet

I've already started an account on the EU server, focusing on the tech lines I haven't already started on NA. It's a real PITA to play tier 2 now though, knowing how much more fun tier 8 is! Plus no premium tanks means no credit income... at least I can ace some of the tanks I didn't when I started on NA.

COIN_23 #30 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 22:30

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13079 battles
  • [SATR] SATR

Die klomp dose praat net kak!

Elke fokken ticket het hulle n ander verskoning! Vandag se hulle vir my na baie ander redes hoekom nie dat daar nou technical limitations is en hulle ons nie kan skyf nie...so fok hulle dan!

Hulle kan in hulle moere vlieg as hulle dink ek gaan als op NA los en weer van voor af op EU begin met elke lyn...na 12000 games op NA...hulle kan loop kak!

Ek het vir my 4 premiums op EU gekoop en dis al wat ek mee gaan speel...speel nou net vir die fun...niks meer grind of fokkol nie...

Fok die kak skelm maatskappy...

iUnDeRsTaNdNoThInG #31 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 01:22

Private

• -Players-
  • 239 battles
  • [SOAPS] SOAPS

View PostNudnick, on Sep 04 2017 - 21:26, said:

All they care about is EU, RU and Asia. The rest of the world doesn't matter to them. Pretty soon they'll no longer be a worldwide game.

huh i thought Asia wasnt controlled by WG. heard some other company made it for like china and japan..... but yes WG doesn't care about us and they usually release updates in EU or RU before NA and they still cant make a server for the Aussies :facepalm:

Mondochiwan #32 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 13:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9344 battles
  • [101RM] 101RM

I see the South Africans are now giving up and buying stuff on their new accounts on the EU server.

Well played WG. Well played.

destroyer_steel123456789 #33 Posted Oct 16 2017 - 18:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 13475 battles

View PostMondochiwan, on Oct 12 2017 - 12:03, said:

I see the South Africans are now giving up and buying stuff on their new accounts on the EU server.

Well played WG. Well played.

I will never

Also tagged with Server, lied, South Africa, wargaming, NA, EU, Ping

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users