Trash Teams (since merger)

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: Original server (107 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Were you a East or West player before merger?

1. East (75 votes [70.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.09%

2. West (32 votes [29.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.91%

If you selected EAST, have the teams been better or worse?

1. Teams are better at high tier (8-10) (9 votes [8.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.41%

2. Teams are worse at high tier (8-10) (45 votes [42.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.06%

3. I am a formerly WEST coast player (22 votes [20.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.56%

4. No change in teams... pretty much the same as it was before merger (31 votes [28.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.97%

If you selected WEST, have the teams been better or worse?

1. Teams are better at high tier (8-10) (7 votes [6.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.54%

2. Teams are worse at high tier (8-10) (24 votes [22.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.43%

3. I am a formerly EASTcoast player (59 votes [55.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.14%

4. No change in teams... pretty much the same as it was before merger (17 votes [15.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.89%

Vote Hide poll

SwipertheFox #21 Posted Sep 06 2017 - 16:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 23263 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
I don't see a real difference. My ping is a little higher bUT no biggie. 

stglnstudent #22 Posted Sep 06 2017 - 17:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 72692 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O
It seems that the voting so far is showing significant lean toward former east players seeing a worsening of teams.

VooDooKobra #23 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 01:51

Major

• Players
  • 6664 battles
  • [1-185] 1-185

View Poststglnstudent, on Sep 06 2017 - 09:12, said:

It seems that the voting so far is showing significant lean toward former east players seeing a worsening of teams.

looks more like no change has more votes from where i sit, then again only a 3 vote difference

stglnstudent #24 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 05:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 72692 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O
Keep in mind that the numbers will change as more votes are logged

Fbomb #25 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 14:49

Captain

• Players
  • 23108 battles
  • [BAKED] BAKED

I was looking forward to shorter queues and less bizarrely-constructed teams.

There are shorter queues

GeorgePreddy #26 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 15:15

Major

• Players
  • 14334 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

I think it's funny how our human nature tends to drive us toward blaming anything and everything except ourselves as an excuse for our own failings.

For example, imagine a player who, at the same time there was a merger of 2 servers, began to play MOAR tier ten matches. Consequently, his winrate decreased slightly. Will he blame his winrate loss on:

A.  Playing more tier tens where he has less ability to accomplish the things required to win as often as he did in lower tiers ?

B.  The server merge ?

C.  Randomness ?

Fbomb #27 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 16:18

Captain

• Players
  • 23108 battles
  • [BAKED] BAKED
Well...I'll grant the nature of randomness has changed in the last few weeks. I dunno, I've had horrific periods of losses that have gone on for a month or so, with no other variables in play. I guess if you flip a coin 22 thousand times, it could conceivably land on the edge quite often for a month

Altwar #28 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 16:29

Major

• Players
  • 50771 battles
  • [A-F] A-F

I played both servers freely with no bias or perception about either of them.   Didn't make a difference to me as all I was looking for is a short queue and no noticable difference in game play.  90% of the time both servers served me well in those respects so I can say I wasn't a west or east server player particularly.

As far as the composition of the teams, I don't worry about that.   It is not within my control, but my own game play is and that is where my focus resides.

stglnstudent #29 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 17:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 72692 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Sep 07 2017 - 09:15, said:

I think it's funny how our human nature tends to drive us toward blaming anything and everything except ourselves as an excuse for our own failings.

That very well MIGHT be an explanation if it weren't for my individual performance maintaining the upward trend in all areas with the exception of the win rate. That's outside of my control and i only have influence. I've never seen so many tomatoes at high tiers prior to merger and grand battles. It leaves me with the reinforced desire for skill based mm or limiting players to tiers that are better suited to the player. If you play like a noob then get into the noob tiers and learn. No game continues to be fun when it's a massacre regardless of which side you are on.

Govna01 #30 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 18:51

Private

• -Players-
  • 131 battles

I agree with the OP.  I just came back to this game after almost 2 yrs off and I am trying hard to determine how anyone can call such lopsided game play fun.  I am far from the best player but again agreeing with the OP, some of the players these days are pathetic at best.  I am not judging, just calling it like i see it.  Be it far from me to tell someone what to play and what is fun for them, but it seems the general theme that people play and do things they can do well at and cut there losses where they don't.  that seems to be the total opposite of what is happening with WoT.  Watching match after match after match of games where one team or the other cant seem to kill even three tanks on the enemy side before they get wrecked and calling it fun or even close to competitive is beyond my ability to wrap my head around. 

I am tired of hearing it is just a game and it does not matter.  It does matter, yes it is a game but it requires REAL time to play which means others also deciding to play a team game should respect that and at least try.  I have been saying it since I started playing this game back in beta and it is that the only honest way to keep games close is to have a skill requirement in the form of a challenge that allows a player to progress if they succeed.  this still allows everyone to play..it just limits people to playing within there skill levels.  A;most every other form of competitive game whether recreational or not still divides players up based on skill level.  If anyone else has this type of experience you understand.  Ever play pick up baseball with neighbor kids?  Did the good players or the unskilled get picked first?  The dynamic does not change just the venue.  Using a skill based progression system will improve the overall quality of game play and make it more competitive at every skill level.  Anyway just a thought.

CharlieBtry #31 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 19:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 10794 battles
  • [DIX1E] DIX1E

View Poststglnstudent, on Sep 07 2017 - 16:00, said:

That very well MIGHT be an explanation if it weren't for my individual performance maintaining the upward trend in all areas with the exception of the win rate. That's outside of my control and i only have influence. I've never seen so many tomatoes at high tiers prior to merger and grand battles. It leaves me with the reinforced desire for skill based mm or limiting players to tiers that are better suited to the player. If you play like a noob then get into the noob tiers and learn. No game continues to be fun when it's a massacre regardless of which side you are on.

Agreed, no game continues to be fun when it's a massacre.  The amount of GG that happens in chat when it is a 15-2 blowout is rather childish.  As an aside, I am more of a potato and know my skill level enough to stay at the tier 6-7 level.  What website or tool do you use to get your stats displayed like that on the signature of your posts?

Please help this potato become a squash

Thornir #32 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 20:12

Major

• Players
  • 26549 battles

Small data samples do not provide reliable results.

These results are based on "impressions". Here's my "impression": I played both servers, did better on East than West.

OP should not list his conclusion before he's seen the results - though again, small data sets, bad conclusions

do you expect that bad players get better playing other bad players? How do you determine when they are "good enough"? Give then a test? I am sure people that play for free an/or pay would sit still for that.

And if you remove red players by keeping them at T3, everyone moves down a notch in T4-T10 to fill the void.

East players aren't "better", there are just more total good players because the group size was larger.

I also think the OP suffers from conformational bias. Don't agree? Bring data. Otherwise you just argue about stuff you can't prove, one way or another.

Mad_Dog_Seabee #33 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 21:14

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10193 battles
  • [-RG--] -RG--

View Poststglnstudent, on Sep 04 2017 - 19:11, said:

What the heck has happened to this game?  The game play was decent before the merger.  The player composition of the teams was generally ok.  Since the merger the matches have gone to absolute trash.  Half of the players in a tier 10 are tomatoes.  It was never like this before.  The Grand battles have brought out the players who forget to turn on their monitors when they play.  There is nothing even remotely close to a balanced team.  It is either a roll of enemy or vice versa.  I wonder why it is like this.  I have heard numerous stat padding unicums say they were switching to west server to pad stats.  I am saying in the forums what is being said in general chat and in matches.  WG may delete this thread or punish me with warnings/bans but it does not change the fact that they have once again taken a huge step toward ruining WoT.  Who am i to get in their way of pushing the decent players out???

DO NOT LET TOMATO PLAYERS OUT OF TIER 3!!!! If you cant play, don't run matches that are too big for you

This poll is biased dude. I played both East and West servers because I live i the midwest. Both servers had trash players at all tiers at different hours. Both server had gold spammers which at 9pm Pacific, I could avoid by switching to East. But at 8am East they returned and I would need to switch back to West until they returned a few hours later.

This community is 90% cancerous trash anyhow, I don't mean that we all have an opinion and the opinions are toxic. I mean that the frequent gold spam and high stat bigotry is what is toxic. People no longer play to enjoy the game, they play to bully others, bring their job/school stress to the game to make everyone else feel as crappy as they do and generally troll lesser experienced players to feel empowered. 

This community is just trash and is far worse than any other game I have played. No one seems to have any appreciation for the Game Developers allowing us to play for free and that really bugs me.

pilgrim2223 #34 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 18:41

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17735 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

At the date of the merger this happened: game 14,459

My damage and exp continued to steadily increase but my WR dropped through the floor and now bounces around 49.75% -49.79%

I didn't change my game play but it felt like my team just got steam rollered every game for a large consecutive number of games RNG/Random? Maybe... but it seriously pi$$es me off.

smoke563 #35 Posted Sep 09 2017 - 00:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31767 battles
Since merger Pubs have been a 5X weekend nightly now, My win rate went from 52 to 47 since merge.. This is unreal... No player should ever have to deal with this trash.. No wonder everyone played on east coast server cause the west server was filled with trash bags Now everyone has all them trash bags flooded into one server

Gothraul #36 Posted Sep 09 2017 - 03:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 1526 battles

My black list has been growing a lot faster than it was before the merge, back in 2014 and 2015 west used to be as good and at times clearly better than East depending on what swarmed that day but that changed a ways back. After the merge the swarms of 45% or lower excrement has gotten a Lot worse and the pvp on NA is suffering because of that as the teams are also loaded with xvm players who drastically change their play inducing losses because of fancy colors and numbers they didn't like.

Want post 9.6 2015 back.

Mondochiwan #37 Posted Sep 09 2017 - 07:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9565 battles
  • [101RM] 101RM
It could be the free premium time bringing back out of practice players and casual people who weren't that invested in the game

OptimusNoobus #38 Posted Sep 15 2017 - 23:43

Private

• Players
  • 10726 battles
  • [FKXX] FKXX

Shoot me if you don't like it... ( you probably already have in game)

All Tiers are worse, I notice a lot more campers (heavies I'm looking at you), A LOT more YOLOing (Lights I'm looking at you) and generally people just not know where they should be and how their tank fits into the match.  Being a East coast player I must say this we used to platoon up and go to west to farm and have easy matches...  I bet you can guess where I am going with this...  I am by far not a great player but I at least know where the tank should be depending on the map and the type of tank it is.  Its just a game you do not die in real life so go out there and play right if you die .. well you die and hopefully (doubtfully) learned something.  I just do not trust the teams I am on anymore to play with any semblance of intelligence.  Yes we all make bone-head mistakes, I know I have had my share, but when I see the same guy in 3 matches make the same bone-head mistakes kind of makes you wonder.  Of course skill based MM would fix this all, but that point you might just want to re-split the servers.  I just hope it gets better. 

Ok now its your turn to flame this post and don't forget to name call and insult me! :D

JRingo20 #39 Posted Sep 16 2017 - 00:43

Captain

• Players
  • 31321 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Sep 07 2017 - 08:15, said:

For example, imagine a player who, at the same time there was a merger of 2 servers, began to play MOAR tier ten matches. Consequently, his winrate decreased slightly. Will he blame his winrate loss on:

A.  Playing more tier tens where he has less ability to accomplish the things required to win as often as he did in lower tiers ?

B.  The server merge ?

C.  Randomness ?

You forgot;

D. Eclipse

:D

ImaKillYou #40 Posted Sep 16 2017 - 01:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24526 battles
  • [-GENT] -GENT
Biased poll, no option for played both servers, and NO BACON option!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users