Free Credits - Advice for anyone that is bad at saving credits.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Doomslinger #1 Posted Sep 05 2017 - 22:01

Major

• Players
  • 61656 battles

So you are planning on unlocking and purchasing a tier 10 tank in the future or possibly two tier 9 tanks in the future or multiple tanks of other lower tiers and the expensive equipment? You spend countless hours working up the tech tree only to find once you get the tanks unlocked, you don't have near enough credits for the purchases? Here is one solution on how to get 6 million credits for free if you are smart about using consumable sales:

Let's say for example that you use 1 small repair kit every battle and 1 small med kit every 3 battles. Over a few months you will have played thousands of battles so that is thousands of repair kits used and hundreds if not thousands of med kits used. All of these were purchased for 3000 credits per kit. Let's say you played 3000 battles in a 4 month period. You would have spent 9 million on repair kits and 3 million on med kits when purchased at normal price which is what most players do in this game (they don't look at the long term or are bad at money management). So if you plan ahead and save up some credits for a sale you could buy all of these kits for 1/2 price. After another 4 month period, you will have used up all the kits you bought for half price but instead of spending 12 million on all those kits, you only spent 6 million when you bought them on sale. So after that 4 month period, you will have an extra 6 million credits that you normally would not have in the bank. This is a free tier 10 tank worth of credits right there that you normally would not have. You are going to use the kits anyways so why not buy them in advance at 1/2 price? I think the consumables go on sale every 3 or 4 months? Try to have at least 6 million credits saved up for when they do and spend them all on the kits. If you use the large kits, you will have to save a lot more credits to purchase enough for a 3 or 4 month period but you will also save a lot more over that period.

Basically all the credits you spend on consumables on sale are credits that you get back for free after you use them up compared to purchasing them at normal price. You can figure out how many battles you normally play over that period of time and save the credits needed to purchase the amounts you would use. Then wait for the sale and buy them. It would be different for everyone depending on how much you play the game but the savings are the same for all.

BattlecryGWJ #2 Posted Sep 05 2017 - 22:08

Major

• Players
  • 33245 battles
  • [RSRDD] RSRDD

View PostDoomslinger, on Sep 05 2017 - 15:01, said:

You can figure out how many battles you normally play over that period of time and purchase the amounts you would use.

You don't really need to be that precise about it.  Consumables sell for half of their current purchase price, so if you buy them for half off and then wait for the sale to end you can sell them for what you bought them for.  This means that you can fairly reliably dump your credits into consumable sales and just sell them off later if you find you need the credits more than the consumables.

Equipment works the same way.

Doomslinger #3 Posted Sep 05 2017 - 22:11

Major

• Players
  • 61656 battles

View PostBattlecryGWJ, on Sep 05 2017 - 17:08, said:

You don't really need to be that precise about it.  Consumables sell for half of their current purchase price, so if you buy them for half off and then wait for the sale to end you can sell them for what you bought them for.  This means that you can fairly reliably dump your credits into consumable sales and just sell them off later if you find you need the credits more than the consumables.

Equipment works the same way.

Yes you can do that but if you buy them at 1/2 price and sell them when the sale goes off, you get back the same amount of money you spent on them so that was a waste of time really. Then you will have to pay full price for the kits you will use for sure over a few months so you saved nothing at all. You won't have the extra 6 million credits in the bank after the few months of playing. The repair and med kits are something that most players use in just about every battle they play and they are the easiest things to figure out the numbers on for how many you will need. Other things like equipment and tank sales are good as well but not quite as predictable as the consumables for being purchased by any player. You save the same amount if you spend 6 million on the kits at 1/2 price as you would if you spent 6 million on equipment at half price but you know for sure that you will use up the consumables but possibly the equipment might not get used right away. I used the 6 million credit amount because that is around the cost of a tier 10 tank so easy to remember to save that up for the sales they have every few months. Obviously buying anything on sale is the better option but I am trying to give the easiest option to save credits that everyone can use. The consumable sales are a little more predictable than the tank sales. You seem to be forgetting the fact that you are going to be using the kits no matter what so buying them at 1/2 price and then selling them when the sale goes off (selling them gets you half price of normal cost) you have a net of 0 credits. After a few months you will still use the same amount of the kits so you will be spending 12 million credits instead of 6 million for the example above. Buy them on sale and use them like you normally do and you will save 6 million for the example above.

Termitey #4 Posted Sep 05 2017 - 23:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 87454 battles
  • [GOD_Z] GOD_Z

Thats why i always have 1000 of each in depot

But you can do the same with equipment

cause you normally know how many new tanks you  will be buying and what they need

Buy on sale and stock up

Ophrys12 #5 Posted Sep 05 2017 - 23:04

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6568 battles
You can also get some extra credits back by selling tanks that you've grinded during "on track" events after it finishes (2 weeks).

Gnarly #6 Posted Sep 05 2017 - 23:13

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 64131 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

A poll on account management would be an interesting read.  How many people buy their premium accounts 6 mos at a time (on sale) and take advantage of consumable or equipment sales vs. how many buy 'em when they need 'em and buy premium time a weekend at a time?  This "free" game can get expensive if you're not careful. 

Not that I mind of course, somebody needs to support WG.

It might as well be you noobie weekend warriors who can't seem to think ahead 5 mins (or look at the map) during a simple match, let alone plan ahead for months.

warrends #7 Posted Sep 05 2017 - 23:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 19288 battles

All interesting, but I mitigate this entire ordeal by always having at least 15M credits on-hand, and usually closer to 20M. Evidently I'm patient. But I'm also conservative and smart about my credit and gold management, just like I am with my money in real life. I buy things I need when those things go on sale, and I wait patiently to buy when things go on sale when possible instead of buying as soon as I'm ready to tier up.

I also always buy my premium account by the year. And only when it or gold itself go on sale; last year, maybe late in the year, an annual subscription was half price (real money, not gold that time), something I'd never seen before so I gobbled that up right away. Ideally I'll find 24+K gold on sale, and then sometime later they'll have an annual account sale with gold, so it'll be a nice double-whammy savings for me. But in ~6 years of playing I've yet to be able to time that one right.

As for consumables (and equipment, though I've already bought just about all of the equipment I'll ever need, almost all on sale), I stock up big-time when sales happen. As soon as I see repair and med kits at 1,500 credits and large for 10K, I buy in bulk, Same for food (for those tanks in which I run food). I must admit that I miss having gold rounds go on sale, but I can see why WG stopped that early on, and I'm glad they did.

Bottom line: As the OP said, buy in bulk during sales. And whenever possible, only buy when things are on sale.

Oh and by the way, I currently have well over 150K free XP on-hand. Same as above. I'm patient and only use free XP for absolutely necessary modules. Unless I'm just pissed at the tank in question and cannot stand the grind, I never use free XP to tier up. I had 250K free XP the other day, but just got me my Tiger II and decided to go for the top gun and one other module (forgot which) early, which cost me a lot of my free XP. But patience is the key.

Jaspo #8 Posted Sep 06 2017 - 00:14

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24855 battles
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3

Don't forget, tank sales are fairly frequent too, and you can typically wait until the tank you want is on sale to buy it, too. I just recently waited and got the Jagzilla at a deep discount during the on-track.

I never use food, even for tourneys; it's much too credit expensive. Other premium consumables (med kits, auto extinguishers, and repair kits) are much better because they're only used when absolutely needed but still give a bonus every battle. Also, I win so many of them from events that I never even have to buy any.

BattlecryGWJ #9 Posted Sep 06 2017 - 15:28

Major

• Players
  • 33245 battles
  • [RSRDD] RSRDD

View PostDoomslinger, on Sep 05 2017 - 15:11, said:

Yes you can do that but if you buy them at 1/2 price and sell them when the sale goes off, you get back the same amount of money you spent on them so that was a waste of time really. Then you will have to pay full price for the kits you will use for sure over a few months so you saved nothing at all. You won't have the extra 6 million credits in the bank after the few months of playing.

I made the statement:

View PostBattlecryGWJ, on Sep 05 2017 - 15:08, said:

if you find you need the credits more than the consumables

My point was that you don't need to spending time trying to guess how many consumables you need that you simply dump your credits into consumables, for effectively no risk saving yourself time and effort.  If you've got 10 m credits, you can use them all on consumables/equipment when its on sale (since those sales are fairly rare).  When something else comes up on sale later, you can then decide if you want to sell off 1000 of your 2000 fire extinguishers or not, if you need the credits, but the converse isn't true (you can't buy more consumables cheap when they aren't on sale).  I'm actually recommending over buying.

Doomslinger #10 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 02:42

Major

• Players
  • 61656 battles

View PostBattlecryGWJ, on Sep 06 2017 - 10:28, said:

I made the statement:

My point was that you don't need to spending time trying to guess how many consumables you need that you simply dump your credits into consumables, for effectively no risk saving yourself time and effort.  If you've got 10 m credits, you can use them all on consumables/equipment when its on sale (since those sales are fairly rare).  When something else comes up on sale later, you can then decide if you want to sell off 1000 of your 2000 fire extinguishers or not, if you need the credits, but the converse isn't true (you can't buy more consumables cheap when they aren't on sale).  I'm actually recommending over buying.

It's kind of dumb to sell consumables that you bought on sale if they are ones you are guaranteed to use anyways and then over three or four months you will have to buy the same amount at regular price anyways. You lose millions of credits doing that. You can buy them on sale and then sell them later when the sale is off and get your credits all back but then in the next few months you will spend millions on all the repair and med packs that you use in all those battles during that time period. If you had just kept the 6 million of consumables you had bought on sale, you would have also used them over a few months but you would also have an extra 6 million worth of credits after you used them all up compared to if you bought them at regular price. If I buy repair and med packs, I am guaranteed to use them up over a few months. My advice in my original post is sound advice and logical. The problem is that most people base their decisions too much on emotions instead of logic. This is why they make bad financial decisions so often, in this game and in real life. Some people are just plain dumb and it has nothing to do with logic or emotions because they simple don't have a clue. I feel like I am trying to explain this to a monkey or something...but you help me understand why so many people can't manage their money in real life when you can't even understand something simple like this...

BattlecryGWJ #11 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 17:51

Major

• Players
  • 33245 battles
  • [RSRDD] RSRDD

View PostDoomslinger, on Sep 06 2017 - 19:42, said:

It's kind of dumb to sell consumables that you bought on sale if they are ones you are guaranteed to use anyways and then over three or four months you will have to buy the same amount at regular price anyways.

I'm not suggesting that you sell them and then buy them at full price.  Let me try a different tack here... you started out effectively saying "figure out how many consumables you're probably going to use and buy that many", what I'm saying is don't bother figuring out how many you're going to use, if you have 12m units when consumables/equipment comes on sale then spend it on consumables because it doesn't matter if you over buy.

Lets say this amounted to:

4,000 repair kits

2,000 med kits

2,000 fire extinguishers

Six months down the line there hasn't been another consumable sale and you're still sitting on:

3,000 repair kits

500 med kits

1,700 fire extinguishers

You can probably sell off some of those consumables (particularly repair kits and fire extinguishers, given their rate of consumption), if there's an opportunity to save units elsewhere (such as a tier 10 that's on sale for two weeks).

We're effectively saying the same thing, but are taking slightly different approaches to it.  Your approach is to plan and buy to fit your plan (which, in my opinion, leaves you in danger of running short on supply).  My approach is to buy all that you can and sell off inventory in excess of what has been found necessary, if a need to liquidate assets arises (my approaches leaves you shorter of credits in the short run, but seems to have less long term risk).

View PostDoomslinger, on Sep 06 2017 - 19:42, said:

I feel like I am trying to explain this to a monkey or something

That's rather funny, because I feel the same way.

Boxhawk #12 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 13:56

Major

• Players
  • 24204 battles
  • [FADES] FADES
Don't forget to clean out your depot once in a while.  You could have several million credits in modules and old ammo sitting around.

Striker_70 #13 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 20:09

Major

• Players
  • 18734 battles

Block Quote

All interesting, but I mitigate this entire ordeal by always having at least 15M credits on-hand, and usually closer to 20M. Evidently I'm patient. But I'm also conservative and smart about my credit and gold management, just like I am with my money in real life. I buy things I need when those things go on sale, and I wait patiently to buy when things go on sale when possible instead of buying as soon as I'm ready to tier up.

Aside from tier 2-4 tanks, I only buy anything when it's on sale, yet have never once had 15-20 million just sitting there.

There's really no reason to have that many credits just sitting in your account unless you're planning on an upcoming sale to spend it all. 

Just invest those credits in consumables/equipment/tanks up to tier 5 when they go on sale.  I probably have 100 million credits invested in extra consumables and equipment like this.  If a tank suddenly goes on sale and I really want it, all I have to do is sell the extra consumables/equipment and get my money back to pay for it.  If no tank goes on sale, then I always have extra consumables and equipment when I need them.

Striker_70 #14 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 20:14

Major

• Players
  • 18734 battles

View PostBoxhawk, on Sep 08 2017 - 06:56, said:

Don't forget to clean out your depot once in a while.  You could have several million credits in modules and old ammo sitting around.

It's good to do this with ammo and modules that other tanks don't use.  Though if those modules and ammo are used by other tanks that you're probably going to end up getting, it's better to just save those extras. 

strenfoo #15 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 23:18

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11872 battles
  • [C_NTS] C_NTS
If someone is bad at saving credits, they're not going to have the discipline to save up the credits to buy such large quantities of consumables to begin with :)  But yeah, buying consumables/equipment when on sale is the way to go.

Edited by strenfoo, Sep 08 2017 - 23:21.

Scorpiany #16 Posted Sep 09 2017 - 06:49

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 30256 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

The way I save Credits, is to put 15% of any of my battle profits into the T7 Combat Car's 0.5" AP shells. They purchase and sell for one Credit each. This means that you can literally use ammunition as a saving's account for your Credits; except it doesn't make any interest.

I grind Credits for tanks the normal way, except only use the Credits in my Garage. If I ever find myself very low, or there's a good sale going for something I had been wanting to purchase, I can break into the Credit savings and sell the T7's shells (Fun fact - You can only sell 1,000,000 Credits from the Depot at a time, but an unlimited amount per day).

Edited by Scorpiany, Sep 09 2017 - 06:50.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users