Imac shutting down.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

sureshot47 #21 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 17:36

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 27259 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

I know,I know. Actually,blocking of all mods is what I have been wishing for. But here the thing. Since the merge of the 2 servers into one,the game has that heavily modded cheater feel to it once again,like before WG went on a witch hunt and clamped down . I am seeing a lot of things like red ball and aimbot once again,pretty sure I encounter warpack guys too.

As for XVM,yup I figured well other players are using it to pick and chose whome the ykill first,whom they will and won't support.I want to give them a taste of thier own medicine,as I have played nothing but the vanilla version since downloading it.Yes I did install XVM,but it has never worked so I may as well just delete it.

Another thing that really wrecks game play is WN8. Players tend to follow you into position and then retreat behind you,leaving you to deal with 4-5 opponents,all for the sake of a third party stat.Because you know,them not engaging opponents at the same time as yourself is such a great strategy for winning (not).

black_colt #22 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 18:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View Postsureshot47, on Sep 25 2017 - 08:36, said:

I know,I know. Actually,blocking of all mods is what I have been wishing for. But here the thing. Since the merge of the 2 servers into one,the game has that heavily modded cheater feel to it once again,like before WG went on a witch hunt and clamped down . I am seeing a lot of things like red ball and aimbot once again,pretty sure I encounter warpack guys too.

As for XVM,yup I figured well other players are using it to pick and chose whome the ykill first,whom they will and won't support.I want to give them a taste of thier own medicine,as I have played nothing but the vanilla version since downloading it.Yes I did install XVM,but it has never worked so I may as well just delete it.

Another thing that really wrecks game play is WN8. Players tend to follow you into position and then retreat behind you,leaving you to deal with 4-5 opponents,all for the sake of a third party stat.Because you know,them not engaging opponents at the same time as yourself is such a great strategy for winning (not).

I am not of the opinion that all MODs should be blocked as some do make the game more enjoyable for some - e.g. different scope, etc.  MODs should be strictly regulated so that they do not adversely affect game performance - e.g. decrease FPS, increase ping, increase latency - AND/OR provide a cheat.

Personally I think that there can be middle ground.  Have a MOD Portal and allow installation of MODs not in the Portal.  

A user who has MODs not in the Portal would have to click-through a dialog box indicating that they understand that they will be subject to greater review by the Fair Play mechanics of the game.  Users who have installed MODs from the MOD Portal would not see anything.  This will allow Wargaming to better focus on potential cheats.   This could be accomplished by digitally signing the MODs in the MOD Portal and scanning the res_mods/mods folders upon launching the game. If the MOD is not digitally signed - then you get the dialog box.  The server who then flag that client for increased review.

I have never really used XVM nor does having a high WN8 rating of paramount importance to me so I do not have a strong opinion on XVM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users