About the STG Guard

tank talk new prem STG Guard

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Hicalibre #1 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 19:16

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5101 battles

It has trouble reaching max speed, I can pen the turret with a T71 from over 400m away (not using gold), the hull is pretty obviously paper, the accuracy is really bad, doesn't seem to hit in the circle (I've only played one match in it and died by ammo rack twenty seconds in). 

What are the positives other than it is premium and the alpha+pen? Sell it now? To me, it feels nothing like my 416.

I'm generally asking for help/advice or if this is another premium lemon.

BigDollarBillz #2 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 19:34

Captain

• Players
  • 34458 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
Only seen 2 in battle so far. The first one I set on fire and watch it burn. Never got a shot off on the other one. In the right hands it will be a beast, once people figure out how to play it.

misterwit #3 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 19:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12824 battles
  • [NOKAP] NOKAP

Premiums are allowed to be less than broken omgwtfbbqOP.

It's an accurate low profile sniper support tank, which is fine.

Babu_kun #4 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 20:16

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6754 battles
  • [TURCA] TURCA

i've played 3 battles in it.

Battle #1 Victory I was top tier against 6's and 7's and I got high caliber and steel wall and 1st class mastery at 1100xp. Survived till the end

Battle #2 Victory I was bottom in a tier 10. bounced some tier 8's otherwise used my size to dodge was middle of the pack. Died sometime in the middle.

Battle #3 Victory Bottom tier in a 10. Died pretty early so victory was not of my help but i did bounce some 8's and 9's.

I'd say its a good tank if its in tier 8 and 9 matches but kind of lacking armor in 10. Mobility is good other than the engine power. armor layout is good on paper. But i have to say the gun is pretty great, and weirdly accurate given it being a 122mm on a Tier 8 med. 

The thing I hate is the all around 6 degrees of depression. its awesome to have but stupid. it basically clips through some of the textures on the front of the tank.

Compared to the non premium pancake, its slower with more armor. It has a bigger punch but dpm is quite a bit lower. gun stats are a bit worse, except the accuracy because wallet, and depression is stupid.

marine_tiny #5 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 20:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 43550 battles
  • [FLUKE] FLUKE

Wish they would sell the add-ons like the 5X exp for victory and the 300% crew exp as a bundle in the shop.

Al_Scarface_Capone_ #6 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 20:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30409 battles
  • [TYPE5] TYPE5
Love of god people, don't buy these stupid premiums...

Babu_kun #7 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 20:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6754 battles
  • [TURCA] TURCA

View PostAl_Scarface_Capone_, on Sep 07 2017 - 15:32, said:

Love of god people, don't buy these stupid premiums...

Look to each their own, but I do it because no matter how crapthe game seems right now I still like it and I like playing it. I have nothing better that I'd like to do with my time or money. While at the same time supporting the people that make the game and giving a better budget for future operation such has completely updating their maps and updating the engine. And me doing this also keeps the game alive and well for those that don't want to pay into their money grabs.

Al_Scarface_Capone_ #8 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 20:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30409 battles
  • [TYPE5] TYPE5

View PostBabu_kun, on Sep 07 2017 - 12:41, said:

While at the same time supporting the people that make the game and giving a better budget for future operation such has completely updating their maps and updating the engine. 

:facepalm::D

Wargaming is a multi-billion dollar company...they are too cheap to upgrade the server, fix important bugs that reappear, give the player base what they want most (Maps)...

EA is on par with Wargaming...

Babu_kun #9 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 21:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6754 battles
  • [TURCA] TURCA

View PostAl_Scarface_Capone_, on Sep 07 2017 - 15:53, said:

:facepalm::D

Wargaming is a multi-billion dollar company...they are too cheap to upgrade the server, fix important bugs that reappear, give the player base what they want most (Maps)...

EA is on par with Wargaming...

In 2016 they reported $1-1.5 billion. Besides that how do you think they got there? 150 million F2P players? We're on one of their smallest servers, along with Sea. If we combine peak times of Sea and NA we will be less player than EU1 on a weekday. EU1. Along with that every server combined doesn't come close to 1/2 of RU players. They can get away with not being quick on the punch. 

Also what you did was take 4 words of out 4 sentences. Not much for context.

Boomer_Thorsen #10 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 00:41

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17853 battles
  • [BOTZ] BOTZ
I've put around 20 battles on my STG.   I like it with one exception, the ridiculous giant machinegun on the turret which destroys some of it's low profile advantage.  The thing is half the size of the tank.  Please just get rid of it or at least replace it with something smaller.   Naw...... just lose it it looks stupid and conflicts with the tanks role as a sniper/flanker

Mikosah #11 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 22:57

Major

• Players
  • 17520 battles

In spite of the STG's weaknesses, its still more playable than most of the other tier 8 mediums. The 390 alpha alone gives it an edge, and the fact that it doesn't have any ridiculous drawback to compensate for this is noteworthy. Yes, the DPM is bad. But do you know what else also has bad DPM? Every other tier 8 medium that isn't the Obj. 416. 

And even not considering the gun, the platform does have a few things going for it. The mobility is adequate, the profile is low, camo is workable, the turret is fully rotatable and has twice the depression than the 416, and if not for the cupola the turret front is respectable. 

Its not an amazing tank, but its a playable tank. And considering just how terrible it is to be at tier 8, let alone a tier 8 medium, playable is a massive improvement.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users