I'm really thiking about quitting this game.

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

berylak47 #1 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 05:51

Private

• Players
  • 12790 battles
  • [STNGR] STNGR
I have been playing for the last three days on total loser teams. The teams I have been on have lost about 75% of their games, and interestingly I have been running personal reserves each time. I think this game is a [edited]fraud. I upgrade my tanks, only to be put in the lower 1/4 of the tier. I run maxed out Tier 8 tanks only to be put in Tier X matches. this is total [edited]and I am sick of it. It's not fun any more.

schwert_2015 #2 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 06:25

Captain

• -Players-
  • 27179 battles

Wise decision really. I keep coming back because I can't find anything else that doesn't bore me to tears. This game doesn't do that. In fills me with rage.

Really, if you can walk away, what reason is there to stay in a game that's increasingly becoming pay-to-win, has a shrinking players base (at least on NA), and most of the changes just seem to make things worse?

Edited by schwert_2015, Sep 08 2017 - 06:26.

TanklessMouse5 #3 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 06:27

Major

• Players
  • 26420 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL
Then quit?

Slatherer #4 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 06:30

Major

• Players
  • 29245 battles
Now's a good time to take a break from the game.  Too much uncertainty with Grand Battles and the re balance of tanks.

Put some calender reminder in your phone to look at the game again around Thanksgiving.

Enjoy your break.  Life's too damn short to be frustrated with a video game.

Video games should be pure joy.  It's really that simple.

Uninstall. Check back at Thanksgiving.  Enjoy other games/life/etc!

Raxter54 #5 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 06:38

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6123 battles
In any given battle,  outside of draws, 50% of the players win, 50% lose. If WG is really putting extra effort to ensure you are on the losing team 75% of the time, then where do I go to pay them to NOT put me on your team?

zarg12 #6 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 06:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20583 battles
  • [REL2] REL2
OP, the problem is not your teams, it's you. If you want to be critical of others, let me point out your 47% winrate and 400 WN8 at 12k battles.

You have done nothing to learn the game and its mechanics or the tactics that come with it. I would highly suggest to start reading up on guides, watch youtube videos and ask questions on how to improve, blaming your teams will literally benefit you nothing. You do not learn by going "But my teams are bad". Rather, you should think "Okay, where did I mess up, how could I have done more damage, how could I make sure I bring my gun in action all game without dying recklessly, how can I conserve HP and take away the enemy's and save allies."

If you want wins, you can't just idle around with a thumb up your butt hoping your teams will carry you through victory, you also have to put in effort in the game, much like everyone else.
My winrate is far above the average because I am taking the time to think "okay, who is a key target, where will they be, what is my tank, how can I keep my gun in the fight, where am I the most effective while keeping the incoming damage at a minimum"

Until you figured out the fault isn't your teams but rather you, you will keep losing.
The only constant in your teams is you.

155mm_Royalty #7 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 06:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29012 battles

Get to tier x then....but if you dont bring lessons learned....

Well you'll learn that even at tier x someone has to be at the bottom of the xp earned list.

BigDollarBillz #8 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 07:23

Captain

• Players
  • 34396 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
see you next week

Slatherer #9 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 07:24

Major

• Players
  • 29245 battles
Yeah.  Given the replies above, now's a good time to take a break.

_Gungrave_ #10 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 15:18

Major

• Players
  • 36647 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN
Its not a situation of "loser teams" but just really bad players individually and remember that you're on said teams...

MacDaddyMatty #11 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 15:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 17681 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Play different tier.

Play different tanks type (TS, LT, etc) than you usually play.

Go (carefully) to different parts of the map.

Alter your playstyle (extra patient)

Platoon.

Do strongholds.

Take a break.

Its a game - if you can't find some fun. Find another game?

OlTanker #12 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 15:35

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11799 battles
  • [3_61] 3_61

I just love the apologists on this board. They make the claim that if you have a 48% or less win rate it's all your fault, totally forgetting that there are 14 other players on the team. I suppose if you can carry the rest of the team by yourself all the time they might have a point but when matchmaking dumps you on a team of potatoes as soon as your recent win rate exceeds 50% and keeps you there until you drop below 48% it's more than a little suspect. I've seen it happen regularly for the last several months since I started keeping track of my own progress. I get tired of being the last player on my team doing what I am supposed to doing be it in a tank, TD or arty and see the team fold up in less than 3 minutes so the match is over and I'm facing 10 or 13 to one odds of mostly 3/4 or better HP enemies.It gets old real damn fast. In previous times when I had that happened I was able to switch servers to get away from it to a certain degree. Now since we are all on one server that option is closed.

I play like I am supposed to, use the map terrain to highlight the abilities of my vehicle and try to support the team effort, if there is one, but still the blowout losses continue until my win rate drops to under 50%. If this were a once n a while situation I could buy that it's a random event but it's not. It's something that happens with distressing regularity. I've gotten to the point where no one will be able to convince me that wot does not have a win rate based MM parameter. It might not be skill based per se but it damn sure is on win rate. My playing time has dropped significantly as my only real option is to log off and hope that the teams get better after an hour or so. That really doesn't happen though. I have also stopped paying wot for anything in the last 6 months.

zarg12 #13 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 16:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20583 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostOlTanker, on Sep 08 2017 - 09:35, said:

I just love the apologists on this board. They make the claim that if you have a 48% or less win rate it's all your fault... ...but when matchmaking dumps you on a team of potatoes as soon as your recent win rate exceeds 50% and keeps you there until you drop below 48% it's more than a little suspect.

Would you like a tinfoil hat?

The game isn't "designed" to keep you at 48%.
Here is WG's patent for MM
https://www.google.com/patents/US8425330

"Methods and systems for performing smart matchmaking in a massive multiplayer online game are described herein. A video game such as a vehicle-based combat game may include multiple types of vehicles, where each type of vehicle may progress through increasing tier levels. Different types of vehicles within the same tier may have different capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses. When performing matchmaking for a game session, a matchmaking server may use a battle level table defining permissible tiers of each type of vehicle allowed within a particular battle level, and may also limit the number of a specific type of vehicle allowed in any one game session. The battle table may provide an advantage to premium vehicles by limiting the tiers of other vehicles against which a similarly tiered premium vehicle may compete. Battle level difficulty may be adjusted by adjusting the ranges of permissible vehicles in each battle level."

Now quit talking out of your butt.

Nunya_000 #14 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 16:32

Major

• Players
  • 20697 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostOlTanker, on Sep 08 2017 - 06:35, said:

I just love the apologists on this board. They make the claim that if you have a 48% or less win rate it's all your fault, totally forgetting that there are 14 other players on the team. I suppose if you can carry the rest of the team by yourself all the time they might have a point but when matchmaking dumps you on a team of potatoes as soon as your recent win rate exceeds 50% and keeps you there until you drop below 48% it's more than a little suspect. I've seen it happen regularly for the last several months since I started keeping track of my own progress. I get tired of being the last player on my team doing what I am supposed to doing be it in a tank, TD or arty and see the team fold up in less than 3 minutes so the match is over and I'm facing 10 or 13 to one odds of mostly 3/4 or better HP enemies.It gets old real damn fast. In previous times when I had that happened I was able to switch servers to get away from it to a certain degree. Now since we are all on one server that option is closed.

I play like I am supposed to, use the map terrain to highlight the abilities of my vehicle and try to support the team effort, if there is one, but still the blowout losses continue until my win rate drops to under 50%. If this were a once n a while situation I could buy that it's a random event but it's not. It's something that happens with distressing regularity. I've gotten to the point where no one will be able to convince me that wot does not have a win rate based MM parameter. It might not be skill based per se but it damn sure is on win rate. My playing time has dropped significantly as my only real option is to log off and hope that the teams get better after an hour or so. That really doesn't happen though. I have also stopped paying wot for anything in the last 6 months.

The loss might not be completely on the low WR player, but they normally do not help their team win.  If a player does not consistently do their own HP in damage, that means that another player will need to pick up the slack.  If there is not a player on the team that can pick up the slack, chances are your team will lose.  

I often see low WN8 and low WR% players complain more about being on a team with other poor players than I do seeing high WN8 and high WR% players.  I'm guessing that is because the high WN8/WR player knows that they do not need others to pick up the slack for them as often.

Nonamanadus #15 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 17:28

Major

• Players
  • 24569 battles
  • [HBG] HBG
One plays to have fun and if that's not the case drop out, you don't need an extra job (especially when it does not pay).

dunniteowl #16 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 17:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 18522 battles

View Postberylak47, on Sep 08 2017 - 05:51, said:

I have been playing for the last three days on total loser teams. The teams I have been on have lost about 75% of their games, and interestingly I have been running personal reserves each time. I think this game is a [edited]fraud. I upgrade my tanks, only to be put in the lower 1/4 of the tier. I run maxed out Tier 8 tanks only to be put in Tier X matches. this is total [edited]and I am sick of it. It's not fun any more.

This is your "Feelz" talking.  Take a break and don't start putting witchcraft and voodoo on the list of Crew Perks.  Everyone, unless they play tier 10 exclusively, gets to be bottom tier sometimes -- most times, honestly.  Everybody gets the same wonky stuff.  It's not what you get, its what you do with it that counts.

Personal Reserves DO NOT have a magical game losing mojo attached to them -- UNLESS YOU BELIEVE.  That's how most 'magic' works.  It is the power of belief combined with personal suggestions that make things more acceptable when bad things happen.  Don't buy it, you're only magicking yourself at your own expense.

A mental shift is what you require and the best way to get that is to get away from the game for a bit and find something else to do.  Right now you sound like you're triggered and that's making your play worse than usual.  Sometimes, we all get streaks that 'ruin' our fun.  I had one in January that lasted until May.  More down than up for a long time, even though I was doing pretty well most times.  It can be very difficult to 'unfrustrate' yourself and therefore, I counsel having fun with other people somewhere other than in an online format.  Get some sun.

GL, HF & HSYBF

xtc4 #17 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 17:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20811 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

Brother, shoot me a platoon invite when I am not doing team stuff. I'm not the greatest, but manage to consistently stay around 53%. Maybe I can give you a few pointers to get you over 50%.

utvrob #18 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 17:51

Private

• -Players-
  • 14512 battles
I know the pain.  Same thing happening to me.  I realize that   I  am  not the best of players, but I try hard and generally am in the top 6 of scorers on my team.  But then I realize that at  67 years of age with poor hand/eye coordination, due to a mini-stroke, I can't  expect to be Top Notch.  Routinely, I try to limit myself to under 20 battles per day.  I  don't complain of others, while playing, and I really hate it  when those  who do complain are, generally, the first to get KO'd  and  contribute the least.  Unless  I am using a really slow vehicle (maitlda,  churchill) I  will endeavor to  keep up  with the  pack.  But when you are  consistently facing off against  vehicles two tiers higher than you,  it becomes an issue of futility.  And while always trying to maintain support for my team members, it is extremely frustrating when the support is not  returned.  I am a  Team Player, I  don't play for personal "Glory".  I'll go for the base Capture rather than try for that  "one more kill", simply to assuage  my ego. My ratings suffer, but then I  find to many inconsistencies in game play.  Frustrating inconsistencies which, try one's  soul.  When in a Ram II, tier V, I hit an HT VI, 6 times in the rear and 2 times in the side. while using gold ammo,  I cannot KO  him and he turns and knocks  me out with one shot.  Or  even when in a Tier VI  T34/85 I cannot penetrate the armor of a Tier VI Cromwell, while  again using gold. and he KO's me with two shots.  yeah, I know about aiming for weak spots, but they seem to change.  The only consistent weak spot I have found on an enemy vehicle is the Turret on a Japanese 0-1.  I can generally knock them out.  People  don't stop to realize that  not everyone playing has the same skill  set that they may have, and thus are critical and injudicious with their criticism of  others.  This could be a friendlier game. And it could be  a more fair  game with  better team generation.  I'd like to  see more games with equal Tier  teams.   

OlTanker #19 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 20:43

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11799 battles
  • [3_61] 3_61

View Postzarg12, on Sep 08 2017 - 16:30, said:

Would you like a tinfoil hat?

The game isn't "designed" to keep you at 48%.
Here is WG's patent for MM
https://www.google.com/patents/US8425330

"Methods and systems for performing smart matchmaking in a massive multiplayer online game are described herein. A video game such as a vehicle-based combat game may include multiple types of vehicles, where each type of vehicle may progress through increasing tier levels. Different types of vehicles within the same tier may have different capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses. When performing matchmaking for a game session, a matchmaking server may use a battle level table defining permissible tiers of each type of vehicle allowed within a particular battle level, and may also limit the number of a specific type of vehicle allowed in any one game session. The battle table may provide an advantage to premium vehicles by limiting the tiers of other vehicles against which a similarly tiered premium vehicle may compete. Battle level difficulty may be adjusted by adjusting the ranges of permissible vehicles in each battle level."

Now quit talking out of your butt.

Thanks for the personal attack there buddy. Can't possibly disagree without throwing a little poo into the post can ya. As far as the statement from wot is concerned, I didn't see anything saying they do NOT take win rate into consideration. Of course wot ALWAYS tells us everything about the parameters of their programming, just like soft stats in gunnery...... If I didn't say it clearly enough let me try now. I am speaking of my own opinion based on my observation in my own game play. If you disagree, that's fine, you are welcome to your own opinion. Not saying yours is correct, just that folks CAN have conflicting opinions.

zarg12 #20 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 20:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20583 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostOlTanker, on Sep 08 2017 - 14:43, said:

Thanks for the personal attack there buddy. Can't possibly disagree without throwing a little poo into the post can ya. As far as the statement from wot is concerned, I didn't see anything saying they do NOT take win rate into consideration. Of course wot ALWAYS tells us everything about the parameters of their programming, just like soft stats in gunnery...... If I didn't say it clearly enough let me try now. I am speaking of my own opinion based on my observation in my own game play. If you disagree, that's fine, you are welcome to your own opinion. Not saying yours is correct, just that folks CAN have conflicting opinions.

You legally cannot omit something like that from a patent, saying they are hiding a fact from it is ridiculous.
"Sufficiency of disclosure or enablement is a patentlaw requirement according to which a patent application must disclose a claimedinvention in sufficient detail for the notional person skilled in the art to carry out that claimed invention. The requirement is fundamental to patent law: a monopoly is granted for a given period of time in exchange for a disclosure to the public how to make or practice the invention."
If you have actual proof they take winrate into consideration in MM, by all means go ahead and sue WG. Good luck.

Also, you did not argue an opinion, you said and I quote

They make the claim that if you have a 48% or less win rate it's all your fault, totally forgetting that there are 14 other players on the team. I suppose if you can carry the rest of the team by yourself all the time they might have a point but when matchmaking dumps you on a team of potatoes as soon as your recent win rate exceeds 50% and keeps you there until you drop below 48% it's more than a little suspect.

The part where you say "MM craps on your winrate when you go above 50%" is implied as a fact. "They are saying this BUUUUUTT"

By the way there was no personal attack whatsoever, you felt offended at truth. Not my problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users