I'm really thiking about quitting this game.

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Air_Gunner71 #41 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 23:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 59584 battles
  • [4CAD] 4CAD

I haven't survived a battle all day. I'm playing t-8 and -9 MTs. When I'm in a 6, I fight 8s, when I'm in an 8 I fight 9 and 10. When do I get fight 6? Now, you heavy hitters can call me a whiner all you want. I have 56K games and win8 of 505. Not the best player in the game, but it's tough to advance when 12 of 15 opponents have 1000+ win8, 5 have the invisilibity perk (you know, cam tank, camo net, in the greenery and all 5 tank crewmen are 100% concealment rated. I'm so tired of the stealth tank shooting me 4 times before I can locate him. My French language education now consists of Ricochet and Merde. Go head to head with an identical tank and identical gun at 25 meters. he kills me with 4 shots - I hit him in the softspot 4 times and get no pens.

I too am really thinking about quitting this game.

rusty__shackleford #42 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 08:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 32971 battles

View Postzarg12, on Sep 08 2017 - 05:50, said:

OP, the problem is not your teams, it's you. If you want to be critical of others, let me point out your 47% winrate and 400 WN8 at 12k battles.

You have done nothing to learn the game and its mechanics or the tactics that come with it. I would highly suggest to start reading up on guides, watch youtube videos and ask questions on how to improve, blaming your teams will literally benefit you nothing. You do not learn by going "But my teams are bad". Rather, you should think "Okay, where did I mess up, how could I have done more damage, how could I make sure I bring my gun in action all game without dying recklessly, how can I conserve HP and take away the enemy's and save allies."

If you want wins, you can't just idle around with a thumb up your butt hoping your teams will carry you through victory, you also have to put in effort in the game, much like everyone else.
My winrate is far above the average because I am taking the time to think "okay, who is a key target, where will they be, what is my tank, how can I keep my gun in the fight, where am I the most effective while keeping the incoming damage at a minimum"

Until you figured out the fault isn't your teams but rather you, you will keep losing.
The only constant in your teams is you.

In general, that is a bogus response. Even the best player in the game can not carry 14 kids, noobs or imbeciles. Playing this weekend, teams are lopsided and I have seen players with 41% to 44% win rates with WN8's less than 400, even low double digits and they do absolutely nothing to help the team. And this is not a single player. Most of this time, a solid 1/3 to 1/2 have stats that are 25% of the ones you display. Since you put that label on your posts, you obviously place great credence on the relative importance to have decent stats.

The only constant is teams are rarely evenly matched and if they are, RNG favors one side. Seems to me I remember a WG post or video claiming to try to keep people around 50% win rates. If that is true, team and mechanics manipulation are being employed.

Another thing that WG can not control is the noob or really poor player buying a tier 8 premium tank and when some teams are comprised of 10 premiums with half of those being played by someone that should not be above tier 2, that is quite frustrating. To say "It's a game" while monetizing the continued play by needing a premium account, gold etc... just to be competitive and grind out better tanks is why this player is understandably frustrated.

While he is in a clan and theoretically should have better performance stats, playing solo is more than frustrating. It is quite maddening many times.

And all the youtube guides in the world means absolutely nothing when the team does some of the most moronic lemming rushes or camping or leaving flanks open or ignore chat to re-position  etc... etc... ad nauseum.

Also claiming your winrate is above average because of you alone can only be true if you quit playing 2 games into a pending losing streak and not platooning with other relic clan mates and participating in other clan related events. Both of those scenarios are rather dubious. Very rarely can one person carry a battle alone without a lot of luck and a lot of stupidity in gameplay by the opposing tam.

Redwave11 #43 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 11:23

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17256 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

View Postrusty__shackleford, on Sep 24 2017 - 17:01, said:

In general, that is a bogus response.

I tend to think quite the contrary.

For me, your response is bogus.

Block Quote

team and mechanics manipulation are being employed

Come one man, don't just buy your tin foil hat from the two dollar store. Get one tailor made or make it yourself. Be original.

Block Quote

While he is in a clan and theoretically should have better performance stats

Uhhh What? Other than having people to learn from being in a clan has no impact on your stats. Any player can platoon regardless of whether they are in a clan and platooning is no guarantee that you will do better.

Block Quote

all the youtube guides in the world means absolutely nothing when the team does some of the most moronic lemming rushes or camping or leaving flanks open or ignore chat to re-position

Lemming rushes and leaving flanks open do not automatically mean loss. Look at clan wars, you rarely see a competent team try to cover every single flank and split up their forces all over the map like we see in pubs and yet most CW teams would wreck a pub team.

Block Quote

Also claiming your winrate is above average because of you alone can only be true if you quit playing 2 games into a pending losing streak and not platooning with other relic clan mates and participating in other clan related events

You are the only person who affects you winrate (platoonmates excepted) and you do not have to platoon to have above an above average win rate. I have platooned <500 battles over my whole account and yet i am managing a 60%+ recent win rate, must be luck right?

As for the actual post:

Quite simply if your aren't enjoying it take a break. However i do feel compelled to say that tier 8 matchmaking is the worst at the moment and i do my best to avoid it. Also, the only person who can impact your win rate and performance is YOU. Sure if you look at every game in isolation you will find games that you cannot win no matter how well you do and games you cannot lose no matter how bad you do. But when you look over a large number of battles the those factors equalise and the only constant left is yourself. YOU have the power to influence your win rate between 42 and 65% maybe even more. Personally i find the challenge of improvement and the competition in the game to be the components that hold the enjoyment.

Edited by Redwave11, Sep 24 2017 - 11:29.

Firemoth #44 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 11:38

Major

• Players
  • 35824 battles

View Postrusty__shackleford, on Sep 24 2017 - 17:01, said:

without a lot of luck and a lot of stupidity in gameplay by the opposing tam.

thats the difference between a good player and a bad one. the good players takes advantage of the enemy making stupid gameplay mistakes and minimizing their own mistakes while the bad player is the one making those mistakes.

george68 #45 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 15:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 72946 battles
  • [RAI] RAI

View Postberylak47, on Sep 08 2017 - 04:51, said:

I have been playing for the last three days on total loser teams. The teams I have been on have lost about 75% of their games, and interestingly I have been running personal reserves each time. I think this game is a [edited]fraud. I upgrade my tanks, only to be put in the lower 1/4 of the tier. I run maxed out Tier 8 tanks only to be put in Tier X matches. this is total [edited]and I am sick of it. It's not fun any more.

is normal in this game after activate booster have only defeat. in 10 battle have 8 defeat whith booster

g4143 #46 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 16:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8679 battles

View Postzarg12, on Sep 08 2017 - 06:50, said:

OP, the problem is not your teams, it's you....

Yeah it always the convenient you.

I don't know how many times I started out with a medium tank pack looking for the enemy and got caught on the next run to position exposed and overrun because my cover and backup decided its better to take cover and break contact.

I don't know how many times I've arrived at a common choke point 'with my relatively slow heavy tank' to find no one's scouted it and then have the scouts arrive underfoot 'minutes later' when we are in a slug-fest with the bulk of the enemies heavies and mediums.  

I don't know how times I responded to an 'SOS' to find its another light or fast medium that's flipped itself over again.

I don't know how many times I see a 'SOS' flash on the map when a pack of friendlies encounter ONE enemy.

I don't know how many times I see a bunch of tanks just park in some corner of the map away from any objectives.

I don't know how many times I witnessed one of two tanks zoom out to take a position that impossible to defend or survive on.

I don't know how many times I pick a flank to defend and start feeding shots into 'ONE' tank and have the whole group abandon their positions to grab that easy kill. BTW we are usually overrun because everyone abandoned their positions.

I don't know how many times I've arrived at a 'hot' position with several mediums and lights following and find my force has retreated back to camp when I start to engage.

Winning battles is a coordinated effort and when you are on a team which is more concerned with position, support and the big picture then you can be a unstoppable force. If you happen to be on a team which is concerned with personal kills, and steep hill climbing, etc then be prepared to lose.

Edited by g4143, Sep 24 2017 - 16:45.

rusty__shackleford #47 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 17:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 32971 battles

View PostRedwave11, on Sep 24 2017 - 10:23, said:

i am managing a 60%+ recent win rate, must be luck right

That is what selective editing looks like and even without it, yes it is very lucky and would love to be on those teams with you.

And Everyone has seen those win streaks come to a screeching halt when you are the one on the 40% side of things no matter how many high calibers or top guns you get, regardless of your 10 kills and 7 'zero heroes' on the team with no damage inflicted. YOU CAN NOT DICTATE A PUB MATCH ALONE. That is the point, except the one on top of your head and no amount of editing and taking comments out of context will ameliorate that

rusty__shackleford #48 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 17:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 32971 battles

View PostFiremoth, on Sep 24 2017 - 10:38, said:

thats the difference between a good player and a bad one. the good players takes advantage of the enemy making stupid gameplay mistakes and minimizing their own mistakes while the bad player is the one making those mistakes.

The problem with the 'Pub Match' is that one can only take advantage of enemy mistakes if their own team does not melt like a chocolate bar in the hot sun. Have you never accounted for over half the team kills and damage only to see half the team did zero damage? You expect that in tiers 1 thru 5 but with so many tier 8 premiums, people seem to think their skills will magically improve if they or Mom and Dad buy themselves one.

OH...and one would be remiss to note how a x5 weekend brings out the casual FTP player that provides little or no value to a team. If this were not the case, then there would not be advice all over the web to avoid x3 and x5 events or advise certain times of day for the best playing times.

Redwave11 #49 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 22:20

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17256 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

View Postrusty__shackleford, on Sep 25 2017 - 02:30, said:

That is what selective editing looks like and even without it, yes it is very lucky and would love to be on those teams with you.

And Everyone has seen those win streaks come to a screeching halt when you are the one on the 40% side of things no matter how many high calibers or top guns you get, regardless of your 10 kills and 7 'zero heroes' on the team with no damage inflicted. YOU CAN NOT DICTATE A PUB MATCH ALONE. That is the point, except the one on top of your head and no amount of editing and taking comments out of context will ameliorate that

Right .

Having a winrate 10% above the average over 1000 games must be luck.......

Why is it so hard for you to believe that a single player can win win the match. Even if we think that every match 1 player on your team has the opportunity to win, that means YOU and YOU alone dictate ~7% of your matches. So the overage player can influence their win rate from 46.5% to 53.5%.

I seriously don't understand stat deniers. All of the data and facts says that your win rate over a large number of battles is solely influenced by yourself and yet these snowflakes seem to maintain that world is always out to get them and that if anyone is doing better than them it must be luck or privilege. 

Grow up. Stop being so ignorant. Take responsibility for your performance in the game because no one else will do it for you.

Edited by Redwave11, Sep 24 2017 - 22:24.

dunniteowl #50 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 23:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 19537 battles

I'm going to offer that the more you believe you cannot influence the match, the more often that will be true for you.

I will also offer that, from my own personal experience, you can most definitely actively influence your own win rate by conscious choice to pay more attention to the game, understand it better and learn.  So both of these things can definitely influence your win rate and it all comes from YOU.

If you believe you have no control, that you have bad teams, that RNG, MM and the Maps hate you or that Arty is out to get you, then you will ultimately act in accordance with that belief system and end up being the agent of your own "true" bad story.  As a victim of MM, RNG, seal clubbers, bad maps, stat padders, red-line campers, arty, unicum platoons, clans, etc., you give up your ability to do your best, because it's not in your hands, it's them, not you.

So, you won't expend the effort necessary to overcome.  Why should you?  It's out of your hands.

I'll tell you why you should never quit, never surrender, even when it's absolutely obvious you're going to lose:

Every game is practice for the next one.
Each loss is a lesson for doing better next time.

This match is practice for the next match.

The last match is a lesson to do better this match.

Next match is a chance to do better than this time.

Let's say you're an optimist, like myself.  I look for good team play.  I do my best to cover my team mates and play effectively.  I go out of my way to support my team when I can, even when I have to run around like a madman across the map and shoot seven different units without killing a one of them -- as long as my team prevails out of those moments, then great.  I don't need the kills if I can help it happen.  I don't need all the HP damage if I can just hold someone in place I couldn't pen anyway while my team pounds him.

Being in control of your fate means thinking before you leap out into the open zone chasing that fleeing half HP left LT on its way back to its side of the map early in the game.  It's not leaping out of cover to get the first tank that comes out of hiding only to find out there were three more right behind that one.  It's spotting and targeting so that your team can actually benefit from that.

These things may not make you a hero or give you the shiny badges for a match, but you know when you influenced and when you got carried.  All I ever hope to do each match is my HP or better in damage (I really hope to do x2 HP in damage each match) and take out one or more units my value or better.  I also have, as a secondary objective, survive to the end of the match.

The longer I stay alive, the more damage I can do.  I cannot stay alive long in a match if I am just going to yolo run to the center of the map, spot eight bad guys, get blasted and then end match for me.  I can do much better if I can get 2/5 of the way across the map, gain a good LOF/LOS position with cover and wait for them to do that in front of me.

All of these things you can CHOOSE to do on purpose and with the intent to:

Stay Alive
Do Damage

Help Your Team

These things also are predicated on how well you learn and know:

Spotting and Vision

Penetration and Armor/Angling

Positioning and Map Awareness

Along with a habit of:

Keeping your gun in the game

Watching the Minimap

Being patiently aggressive

To anyone who argues you cannot influence your WR when there are 14 others on your team that have to do something to help win.  Uh huh, and how then, do you suppose some folks are having 60% WRs while others manage to literally actively push their stats DOWN while they persist in believing that the game is out to get them?  We going to call it magic?  Luck?  Rigged?

Not on your life.  Some people are really bad judges of ability.  Those people judge most others around them as less capable or able than themselves and tend to place their abilities on a much higher scale than the evidence would warrant.  This is more common than it is not.  This means there are a lot of people playing this game that are convinced the game, other players, bad teams or some game mechanic as a computational 'demon' is 'out to get them' and keep them from playing their best.

This also means a lot of people would benefit greatly from being completely disillusioned about this.  Not all players are going to play as well or as poorly as everyone else.  Some will be really good and, because many folks are bad judges of ability, will be certain that said good player is really just stat padding, spamming gold, getting unfair advantage, etc. instead of recognizing a superior player.  Additionally, even good players can have bad attitudes and as such will rage and tantrum if they get hit early or are done in because they made an early game ending mistake.  It's hard for some folks to admit they goofed up or that they were not as careful or as good as they should have been that time.  That's like saying you're not good enough -- who wants to do that?

Even so, being a good judge of your own ability requires you to critically examine your stats.  Dump XVM beyond what is out of match use.  Don't cloud yourself with reasons to fail.  Look at your stats.  Are you doing enough damage?  How's your hit percentage?  Which tanks do you do the best in and which are like stones around your neck?  Why do you suppose those tanks are harder for you?  What makes those tanks easier?

You spend time asking these questions.  You waste your time on studying this instead of blaming other players, MM, bad teams, X2-5 XP weekends, whatever and you will ultimately improve over time.  I promise.

It's what made me go from a steady 48.23% to a pretty steady of around 53%.  That's 5% from just deciding I can do better.

I am 57 in October.  I work a physically demanding job.  I have a potato computer laptop that shares RAM with the Video Chip.  I play on lowest settings.  I am a FTPP.  I connect via a wireless ISP with an antenna 7.2 miles away before I see an inch of hardline.  I use a wireless mouse on top of my laptop and use it right handed even though I am left handed.

Yet, I went up 5%, even though there are 14 other people on my team and they are out of my control, I somehow managed, with all I mention above as my actual situation physically and technically, to suddenly increase my WR 5%.

You tell me.  Was that luck or is there a measure of control YOU have that definitely DOES INFLUENCE your WR?  You examine my stats.  You ask me anything you like.  You tell me after you are finished if I did that or if it was luck.  Then ask the next guy who has a good WR.  And another and find out what they have to say.

I am no statistician and I am not much of a betting man.  That said, I am willing to bet, if you DO as I suggest, ask me and ask others with WRs that are good, on the rise or have taken a noticeable turn for the better and get their responses.  You ask them if that was just luck.

Here's my prediction on the answers to that from all those whom I suggest you ask: 100% will tell you it was NOT luck, it was their active decision to do better.

GL, HF & HSYBF

Nunya_000 #51 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 23:11

Major

• Players
  • 20780 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Postrusty__shackleford, on Sep 24 2017 - 08:39, said:

OH...and one would be remiss to note how a x5 weekend brings out the casual FTP player that provides little or no value to a team. If this were not the case, then there would not be advice all over the web to avoid x3 and x5 events or advise certain times of day for the best playing times.

Just because some people have conspiracy theories, that does not mean there is any merit to them.  If x3 and x5 bring out the casual player, one would think the online population would increase significantly.  I have never seen that as being the case.

rusty__shackleford #52 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 20:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 32971 battles

View PostNunya_000, on Sep 24 2017 - 22:11, said:

Just because some people have conspiracy theories, that does not mean there is any merit to them.  If x3 and x5 bring out the casual player, one would think the online population would increase significantly.  I have never seen that as being the case.

I have known many hundreds of people that avoid these events and many more that relish them since they do not have premium accounts. That is why the online population does not increase significantly. Besides, a good day on the NA server is around 20k players at the same time. The numbers on the EU server are many times higher and the RU servers run in the hundreds of thousands. It would be difficult to quantify the effect in those regions but is easy to see every weekend, even on non- x3 or x5 weekends. Many players I have known through the years avoid them in general.

KingofDragons #53 Posted Sep 26 2017 - 16:36

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17745 battles

Ok so here it is and no one is mentioning this .. When you look at your vehicle stats , when it comes to win rates ,  you will notice some are higher than others.. Take all those 50% and higher rated vehicles and set them as primary.. DO NOT EVER PLAY VEHICLES THAT ARE LOWER THAN 50% ... IT'S THAT SIMPLE...

There are reasons people suck with certain tanks ... STOP beating your head against the wall in trying to overcome the " suckyness " .... Forget all about these tanks and focus on the ones with positive results ... 

It's works like magic ... Slowly you will see your WR %  go up because your game play in those 50% and above vehicles is making a difference unlike your 40% vehicles you keep trying ..

It's really that simple and it's slowly working for me...

FunkeeJunk #54 Posted Sep 26 2017 - 16:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16219 battles
  • [LOAD] LOAD

View Postrusty__shackleford, on Sep 24 2017 - 08:01, said:

View Postzarg12, on Sep 08 2017 - 05:50, said:

Very rarely can one person carry a battle alone without a lot of luck and a lot of stupidity in gameplay by the opposing tam.

You see the issue with your statement is you don't need to carry a battle to convert a loss to a win.  Literally, a few extra shots a game can swing a lot of battles.  I can't tell you how many times I've seen low WR players shoot a full health tank over a one shot because they want a full damage roll.  A better player will always pick out the one shots even if they're trying to hide behind allies.  If removing a gun from the game with one good decision wings just one battle in a hundred then you've already raised your WR 1%.  Guess what, good players can just absolutely carry as well, and more often than you think.  If you hard carry just a couple games in a hundred, you've raised your WR another 2%. 

The thing is, the better you get at this game the more you understand what's necessary to win the games that could go either way, which compromise roughly 40% of the games you'll play.  30% of your games will win even if you're AFK, 30% will lose no matter how hard you carry.  It's that other 40%, and what you do in those that make the difference between a 48% player and a 60% player.  Source: 53% overall, 59% recent and I solo most of my games.  

Old_Noobette #55 Posted Sep 26 2017 - 19:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11464 battles
I never blame the players,, i blame the matching. it's the games failure to provide a truly equal matching of player skill. it's not the players themselves.  We all excel in some areas and fail in other areas.

Nunya_000 #56 Posted Sep 26 2017 - 20:23

Major

• Players
  • 20780 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostOld_Noobette, on Sep 26 2017 - 10:07, said:

it's the games failure to provide a truly equal matching of player skill. it's not the players themselves.  

I started using a new mod from Aslain's modpack that shows the combined WN8 of both team and a % of one to the other (50% being even).  Out of about the 200 battles I have played since installing this mod, every battle (except for 1) has been between 40% and 60%.  I don't think the teams are skewed skill-wise as much as some players like to blame believe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users