I'm really thiking about quitting this game.

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

OlTanker #21 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 22:33

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10838 battles
  • [DHO2] DHO2

View Postzarg12, on Sep 08 2017 - 16:30, said:

Would you like a tinfoil hat?
Now quit talking out of your butt.

Yup all in my mind. Frankly, don't even bother with replying as I'm done with you and your comments.

TheyChngdMyName4NoReason #22 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 22:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 60703 battles

I'd rather do chores than put up with this [edited]. When my prem time ends, so does my time with this [edited]bag game. They break it every update and sling garbage code like [edited]monkeys with a chainsaw.

dunniteowl #23 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 23:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 18282 battles
Ahh someone doesn't understand how MM works, or vision, or penetration, but it's that damned "rigged" MM at fault again!

the_Deadly_Bulb #24 Posted Sep 09 2017 - 08:27

Captain

• Players
  • 17678 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostOlTanker, on Sep 08 2017 - 13:33, said:

Yup all in my mind. Frankly, don't even bother with replying as I'm done with you and your comments.

Grow some skin, then maybe come back.

Liberty75 #25 Posted Sep 09 2017 - 13:47

Captain

• Players
  • 44266 battles
  • [ORDER] ORDER

View Postberylak47, on Sep 07 2017 - 23:51, said:

I have been playing for the last three days on total loser teams. The teams I have been on have lost about 75% of their games, and interestingly I have been running personal reserves each time. I think this game is a [edited]fraud. I upgrade my tanks, only to be put in the lower 1/4 of the tier. I run maxed out Tier 8 tanks only to be put in Tier X matches. this is total [edited]and I am sick of it. It's not fun any more.

The issue is the current matchmaker. It forces an excessive amount of bottom tier games which gives you less control over the outcome of matches. The general player base is better off with a random MM that generates a roughly even amount of top, middle, and bottom tier matches giving players more control over the outcome of more of their matches. Right now we are top tier about 5% of the time. It used to be about 35% of the time under the old system.

Liberty75 #26 Posted Sep 09 2017 - 13:55

Captain

• Players
  • 44266 battles
  • [ORDER] ORDER

View Postxtc4, on Sep 08 2017 - 11:40, said:

Brother, shoot me a platoon invite when I am not doing team stuff. I'm not the greatest, but manage to consistently stay around 53%. Maybe I can give you a few pointers to get you over 50%.

One of the best posts I've seen on this forum ever. :great:

atila_TR #27 Posted Sep 09 2017 - 15:16

Private

• -Players-
  • 5118 battles
  • [_MM_] _MM_
Thats just the mm. If u lose a lot take a break and play 4-5 hours later it can change. A lot of people have this complaint but whining about it on the forums isn't going to make u  win either

Raum_The_Smurf #28 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 19:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 19453 battles
  • [W-R] W-R

View PostOlTanker, on Sep 08 2017 - 09:35, said:

I just love the apologists on this board. They make the claim that if you have a 48% or less win rate it's all your fault, totally forgetting that there are 14 other players on the team. I suppose if you can carry the rest of the team by yourself all the time they might have a point but when matchmaking dumps you on a team of potatoes as soon as your recent win rate exceeds 50% and keeps you there until you drop below 48% it's more than a little suspect. I've seen it happen regularly for the last several months since I started keeping track of my own progress. I get tired of being the last player on my team doing what I am supposed to doing be it in a tank, TD or arty and see the team fold up in less than 3 minutes so the match is over and I'm facing 10 or 13 to one odds of mostly 3/4 or better HP enemies.It gets old real damn fast. In previous times when I had that happened I was able to switch servers to get away from it to a certain degree. Now since we are all on one server that option is closed.

I play like I am supposed to, use the map terrain to highlight the abilities of my vehicle and try to support the team effort, if there is one, but still the blowout losses continue until my win rate drops to under 50%. If this were a once n a while situation I could buy that it's a random event but it's not. It's something that happens with distressing regularity. I've gotten to the point where no one will be able to convince me that wot does not have a win rate based MM parameter. It might not be skill based per se but it damn sure is on win rate. My playing time has dropped significantly as my only real option is to log off and hope that the teams get better after an hour or so. That really doesn't happen though. I have also stopped paying wot for anything in the last 6 months.

if you're under 50% win rate then its obvious that u need to learn a little more about how the game works and staying alive longer which is the real key to winning your games obviously u can't win them all but u can win more i am a testament to this. i was at 48-50% at 12k games also but i took time and learned that not rushing in and being patient along with how the game actually works will help. my win rate is now almost 52% so i'm slightly above the average now because of it.

Edited by Raum_The_Smurf, Sep 11 2017 - 19:51.

Raum_The_Smurf #29 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 20:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 19453 battles
  • [W-R] W-R

View Postzarg12, on Sep 08 2017 - 14:54, said:

You legally cannot omit something like that from a patent, saying they are hiding a fact from it is ridiculous.
"Sufficiency of disclosure or enablement is a patentlaw requirement according to which a patent application must disclose a claimedinvention in sufficient detail for the notional person skilled in the art to carry out that claimed invention. The requirement is fundamental to patent law: a monopoly is granted for a given period of time in exchange for a disclosure to the public how to make or practice the invention."
If you have actual proof they take winrate into consideration in MM, by all means go ahead and sue WG. Good luck.

Also, you did not argue an opinion, you said and I quote

The part where you say "MM craps on your winrate when you go above 50%" is implied as a fact. "They are saying this BUUUUUTT"

By the way there was no personal attack whatsoever, you felt offended at truth. Not my problem.

actually i have heard WG employees talk about how the game is supposed to be at a 50/50 win/loss rate on streams so basicly that means if im winning 52% of my battles some1 out there HAS to be losing 52% of their battles that's actually how it has to be no option to it the only thing u can do is get better and make the next guy the 48% and u the 52%

Edited by Raum_The_Smurf, Sep 11 2017 - 20:11.

zarg12 #30 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 20:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19713 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostRaum_The_Smurf, on Sep 11 2017 - 14:06, said:

actually i have heard WG employees talk about how the game is supposed to be at a 50/50 win/loss rate on streams so basicly that means if im winning 52% of my battles some1 out there HAS to be losing 52% of their battles that's actually how it has to be no option to it the only thing u can do is get better and make the next guy the 48% and u the 52%

Well. Yes. That's just basic maths. But it also comes down to being able to influence the battle in your favor enough to create a win, take it away from your opponent's hands. If you can change the flow of the battle, you're obviously using your skills to change the outcome and thus the numbers. It's not just down to luck.

_GetsumJ_ #31 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 01:20

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13867 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

Played five games in three different premiums.  Lost 117333 credits. 

Wasn't this way three weeks ago. I can't even imaging what it is costing non-Premium players.

I am hearing from the chat rooms, the Clan, TS, and just about every player I know.

Don't waste your money on any premium. They take what you earn away in repairs. Arty is WOTs favorite money maker.

54 more days.... then back to Battlefield.  Don't mine paying to play, but raping players is sad.

Nunya_000 #32 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 01:30

Major

• Players
  • 20656 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Post_GetsumJ_, on Sep 11 2017 - 16:20, said:

Played five games in three different premiums.  Lost 117333 credits. 

Wasn't this way three weeks ago. I can't even imaging what it is costing non-Premium players.

I am hearing from the chat rooms, the Clan, TS, and just about every player I know.

Don't waste your money on any premium. They take what you earn away in repairs. Arty is WOTs favorite money maker.

54 more days.... then back to Battlefield.  Don't mine paying to play, but raping players is sad.

If you lost 120k credits in 5 battles in a premium tank, then you are probably shooting pretty much all premium rounds and the loss of credits is on you.

OlTanker #33 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 15:32

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10838 battles
  • [DHO2] DHO2

Raum, My recent (last few months anyhow) win rate has been consistently above 50% but not by much. I keep track of it on a monthly basis and that is the second most important (to me) reason for using Aslains mod pack. My overall win rate in the game is still about 48 / 49% due to the sheer number of lower rate games I had when starting t o play the game. My objection is that and again, this is my opinion based on my observations in my gaming, that every time I start to approach a 55 to 60+% win rate I am placed on a series of potato teams that tend to fold within 3 minutes, or less, of the start of the battle. Sorry but I am not a "unicom" and cannot consistently carry the battle in my little TD or arty when it's me vs 8 to 13 enemy all rushing my position. Once I drop down to 50% or so the teams even out on the basis of win rate and I start climbing again. This happens repeatedly.

I sent a PM to xtc4 in reply to his kind offer but since I play almost exclusively in the daytime we are not likely to be able to get together. I'd love to learn form a better player but have not actually platooned with any clan mate since 9.16 update. I came to this clan because their recruiting posts all said they do training to get better. Pretty much the same incentive I have had for over a year now.

_GetsumJ_ #34 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 23:54

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13867 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

View PostNunya_000, on Sep 12 2017 - 01:30, said:

If you lost 120k credits in 5 battles in a premium tank, then you are probably shooting pretty much all premium rounds and the loss of credits is on you.

Did you really use the word "Probably" in your assumption?

Nunya_000 #35 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 00:37

Major

• Players
  • 20656 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Post_GetsumJ_, on Sep 12 2017 - 14:54, said:

Did you really use the word "Probably" in your assumption?

I added it in as an afterthought....just in case he was firing no rounds at all and burning 3 premium consumables every battles.

Sevok #36 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 22:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 36221 battles

View Postberylak47, on Sep 07 2017 - 23:51, said:

I have been playing for the last three days on total loser teams. The teams I have been on have lost about 75% of their games, and interestingly I have been running personal reserves each time. I think this game is a [edited]fraud. I upgrade my tanks, only to be put in the lower 1/4 of the tier. I run maxed out Tier 8 tanks only to be put in Tier X matches. this is total [edited]and I am sick of it. It's not fun any more.

k

the_Deadly_Bulb #37 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 23:01

Captain

• Players
  • 17678 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postberylak47, on Sep 07 2017 - 20:51, said:

How do you know the teams you played on lost 75% of their games?

I think what you mean is you've lost 75% of the games you've played.

The players on your teams did lose the games they played with you, but they may not have lost 75% or their games, as you have.

How are you put in the lower 1/4 of the tier?

There are only potentially 3 tiers in a match.

If you're referring to the tank list in game, and that you're always near the bottom, you need to realise the tanks are listed alphabetically, there's nothing personal about that.

If you want to move up that list play a tank that begins with "A". That's not going to make a difference in how your match goes, or how fast you'll be destroyed, but it will put your name up the list when the match starts.

When you run T-VIII tanks you are not ALWAYS bottom tier. Lets not go there. It just makes you sound overly butthurt and its BS.

Chronus1326 #38 Posted Sep 15 2017 - 15:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 14396 battles
  • [PNTRS] PNTRS

View Postberylak47, on Sep 08 2017 - 04:51, said:

Please don't quit.  I enjoy seeing guys with your stats/rating on the enemy team

cthulhu_hunter #39 Posted Sep 15 2017 - 22:00

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27638 battles

View Postberylak47, on Sep 08 2017 - 04:51, said:

It's called "rigged", and it will never change. 

RustySqueak #40 Posted Sep 16 2017 - 03:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 17681 battles

View Postzarg12, on Sep 08 2017 - 19:54, said:

You legally cannot omit something like that from a patent, saying they are hiding a fact from it is ridiculous.
"Sufficiency of disclosure or enablement is a patentlaw requirement according to which a patent application must disclose a claimedinvention in sufficient detail for the notional person skilled in the art to carry out that claimed invention. The requirement is fundamental to patent law: a monopoly is granted for a given period of time in exchange for a disclosure to the public how to make or practice the invention."
If you have actual proof they take winrate into consideration in MM, by all means go ahead and sue WG. Good luck.

Also, you did not argue an opinion, you said and I quote

The part where you say "MM craps on your winrate when you go above 50%" is implied as a fact. "They are saying this BUUUUUTT"

By the way there was no personal attack whatsoever, you felt offended at truth. Not my problem.

If you had actually read the patent beyond the first paragraph, you would have learned that they do explicitly make claims about how to take win rate into consideration during match making:

According to another aspect, the matchmaking server may store a win/loss percentage for each user (or vehicle) at a given battle level. As the player's win/loss ratio decreases, the player becomes more likely to be placed in battles having battle levels at the lower end of the allowable range, whereas as the player's win/loss ration increases, the player becomes more likely to be placed in battles having battle levels at the upper end of the allowable range. Thus, when a player has been repeatedly put into too many difficult battles, the balancing is done in favor of easier battle sessions, thereby encouraging the player by providing an easier game environment. Similarly, when the player has been repeatedly put into too many easy battles, the balancing is done in favor of harder battle sessions, thereby keeping the player challenged instead of letting the player become bored with easy games.

Sounds to me as though there may be a handicapping process (just because WG has a patent doesn't mean they have necessarilly implemented the actual process).  Highly skilled players will be able to break through the intentional increase in difficulty.  But to claim WG has no interest in skewing win rates is absurd. Time to take off your tin foil hat, bro.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users