Asia Pacific Server & Account Transfer Update

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Quemapueblos #1 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 21:08

Associate Producer

• Administrator
  • 8641 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

We have a quick update for players who opted in to transfer back to the Asia Pacific region. As widely reported in the news, undersea cables around the Asia Pacific Region have been damaged and are causing Internet problems in the area. SEA’s Asia-American Gateway (AAG), Intra Asia (TGN-IA) and SEA-ME-WE3 (SMW3) submarine cable systems have been most likely damaged by the storm and are causing increased latency.

It doesn't make sense to transfer players who are looking for better ping to a server that is experiencing a whole host of unrelated ping issues at this time.

Here is an article describing the cable failures in more detail if you are interested.

We thank you for your patience and understanding. Your ticket will remain open in our system, and as soon as we have identified a new timeframe for the transfer, we will send another update.

If you have not already opted in, and are considering returning to the Asia Pacific region, the window of opportunity is closing. We will stop accepting requests for the transfer to the Asia server on Monday, Sept. 11 at 23:59 PST. If you would like to transfer, please submit a ticket before the deadline via the following link: https://na.wargaming.net/support/tickets

omi5cron #2 Posted Sep 09 2017 - 00:55

Captain

• Players
  • 19854 battles
  • [21ARM] 21ARM
why not let the individual DECIDE, if they wish to go LET them.then if they have a problem its now on them.i really dont see how you have now decided a ping issue will prevent a transfer....when SO MANY had ping(packet loss)problems with your eastern server,yet you refused to acknowledge?

driesp #3 Posted Sep 09 2017 - 01:04

Major

• Players
  • 31571 battles
  • [ORYX] ORYX

View PostQuemapueblos, on Sep 09 2017 - 04:08, said:

We have a quick update for players who opted in to transfer back to the Asia Pacific region. As widely reported in the news, undersea cables around the Asia Pacific Region have been damaged and are causing Internet problems in the area. SEA’s Asia-American Gateway (AAG), Intra Asia (TGN-IA) and SEA-ME-WE3 (SMW3) submarine cable systems have been most likely damaged by the storm and are causing increased latency.

It doesn't make sense to transfer players who are looking for better ping to a server that is experiencing a whole host of unrelated ping issues at this time.

Here is an article describing the cable failures in more detail if you are interested.

We thank you for your patience and understanding. Your ticket will remain open in our system, and as soon as we have identified a new timeframe for the transfer, we will send another update.

If you have not already opted in, and are considering returning to the Asia Pacific region, the window of opportunity is closing. We will stop accepting requests for the transfer to the Asia server on Monday, Sept. 11 at 23:59 PST. If you would like to transfer, please submit a ticket before the deadline via the following link: https://na.wargaming.net/support/tickets

Given our experience with Wargaming... the undersea cable issue will be long forgotten before Wargaming will be able to transfer accounts.

Also since we will not have access to our accounts for about a week (again knowing wargaming this is probably a best case scenario), this is an IDEAL time to transfer the accounts.

Given that I have accounts on BOTH servers I can confirm that the ping on SEA server is better despite the current issues.

Please transfer my account now?

Anzac_Warrior #4 Posted Sep 09 2017 - 02:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3045 battles
Please transfer my account also. I followed your links and am told I cant transfer....da de da etc.... So please do it for me. Wasted enough time trying to do this transfer to SE. Had enough of BS nonsense.

Edited by Anzac_Warrior, Sep 09 2017 - 02:25.

snocrash #5 Posted Sep 09 2017 - 02:36

Private

• Players
  • 6380 battles

<deleted>

Edited by snocrash, Sep 09 2017 - 02:39.

6EVIL9 #6 Posted Sep 09 2017 - 02:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 32313 battles
  • [OSSC] OSSC

Dear Wargaming,

I, as many others, have also account on SEA. Please explain how you will merge 2 accounts?

in details:

1) what happens to duplicate premium tanks?

2) What happens to duplicate non premium tanks

3) what happens to personal missions and personal reserves?

4) what happens to duplicate crews?

5) Will all resources, bunks, researches, modules, premium time consumables etc be combined

Please share the merge plan now, so there will be less complains later.

Thank you

SilverforceX #7 Posted Sep 09 2017 - 05:41

Major

• Players
  • 9971 battles

Now is the best time to transfer, not later.

We have to deactivate our account for an entire week for the transfer process. The SEA-ME-W3 cable is being repaired right now and it's due to finish soon, so players from AUS/NZ will get much better latency. 

Even currently with it being broke, I get similar latency to SEA as US Central.

Consider doing batches of accounts, start with those who actively request it ASAP.

Hazochun #8 Posted Sep 09 2017 - 06:08

Private

• -Players-
  • 10614 battles
WIll it transfer World of warship as well?

Dave12w #9 Posted Sep 09 2017 - 06:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 3945 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

I would not recommend a transfer to the sea server, wowp's

is not on the sea server, just ships and tanks, I play from Australia,

love playing world of warplanes and wasted money opening an

account in the sea server first on dupiclate tanks ect when I opened

my American account so I could play planes.  There should be a warning 

about this on the sea website, because wargaming did not provide refunds

for duplicate premium tanks.  Wowp is lots of fun, so your account isnt

shut off from the game I recommend staying on the US server.

4x4man #10 Posted Sep 09 2017 - 06:15

Private

• Players
  • 16984 battles
  • [BLSTR] BLSTR
Have tried to transfer but it says I cant from one sever to this sever,  so whats the point in transferring if it wont let you may as well stay where I am.

Remand #11 Posted Sep 09 2017 - 06:27

Private

• Players
  • 5709 battles

Asia Pacific Server & Account Transfer Update

We have a quick update for players who opted in to transfer back to the Asia Pacific region. As widely reported in the news, typhoons have damaged undersea cables, causing problems with the Internet. Because of these circumstances, we have decided to delay account transfers until further notice. 

We thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have opted in and have already submitted your request for transfer, your application has been saved. As soon as we have identified a new timeframe for the transfer, we will send another update. 

If you have not already opted in, and are considering returning to the Asia Pacific region, the window of opportunity is closing. We will stop accepting requests for such a transfer on Monday, Sept. 11 at 23:59 PST. If you would like to transfer, please submit a ticket before the deadline via the following link:

OK....the link is not helping with the transfer...I have an account on NA and SEA,now what?. Do I lose one of the accounts????

driesp #12 Posted Sep 09 2017 - 06:27

Major

• Players
  • 31571 battles
  • [ORYX] ORYX

View PostDave12w, on Sep 09 2017 - 13:11, said:

I would not recommend a transfer to the sea server, wowp's

is not on the sea server, just ships and tanks, I play from Australia,

love playing world of warplanes and wasted money opening an

account in the sea server first on dupiclate tanks ect when I opened

my American account so I could play planes.  There should be a warning 

about this on the sea website, because wargaming did not provide refunds

for duplicate premium tanks.  Wowp is lots more of fun, so your account isnt

shut off from the game I recommend staying on the US server.

​ROTFLMFOA

driesp #13 Posted Sep 09 2017 - 06:30

Major

• Players
  • 31571 battles
  • [ORYX] ORYX

View PostRemand, on Sep 09 2017 - 13:27, said:

OK....the link is not helping with the transfer...I have an account on NA and SEA,now what?. Do I lose one of the accounts????

Yes< if you move from NA to SEA then you will lose the NA account.  You will receive full credits for the duplicate tanks that you own, gold for premium tanks.  You will have all your tanks in the SEA account.

LogicalShark #14 Posted Sep 09 2017 - 10:31

Private

• Players
  • 9815 battles
  • [DMGD] DMGD

View Post6EVIL9, on Sep 09 2017 - 02:57, said:

Dear Wargaming,

I, as many others, have also account on SEA. Please explain how you will merge 2 accounts?

in details:

1) what happens to duplicate premium tanks?

2) What happens to duplicate non premium tanks

3) what happens to personal missions and personal reserves?

4) what happens to duplicate crews?

5) Will all resources, bunks, researches, modules, premium time consumables etc be combined

Please share the merge plan now, so there will be less complains later.

Thank you

Want to transfer your World of Tanks account?

With the North America East and West servers merging into Chicago, your gameplay experience from Asia Pacific region may have been impacted. As a potential solution, we would like to gauge your interest in transferring to the more local Asia Pacific region server. All you have to do is write us a ticket expressing your desire to transfer:

Transfer Account

While we'd be sorry to see you leave the NA server, our goal is to keep you playing World of Tanks and hope the APAC server provides a better connection!

Details are as follows:

• Transfers are for residents of the Asia Pacific region only
  • Only your World of Tanks PC account will be moved as part of the transfer. If you already have an existing account on the APAC server, we will work to merge the accounts and preserve everything possible — from tanks to Crews to equipment. Duplicate Premium tanks will be converted. We also will take into consideration Premium time, Gold, Credits, and XP balances — and combine these totals in a fair manner.
  • This is a one-way ticket. You may only return to North American servers by starting an entirely new account
  • Your account may be suspended for up to one week to facilitate the transfer process
  • Your social lists (Friends/Blocked) will be wiped
  • To compensate you for the transfer process, you will receive the following:
    • One Week (7 days) of Premium time for those who transfer to the Asia Pacific server
    • An AUS AC1 Sentinel tank and a Garage Slot. If you already own an AC1, you will receive the Gold equivalent.

ket101 #15 Posted Sep 09 2017 - 10:40

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18441 battles
  • [N-O-M] N-O-M

View Postomi5cron, on Sep 09 2017 - 09:55, said:

why not let the individual DECIDE, if they wish to go LET them.then if they have a problem its now on them.i really dont see how you have now decided a ping issue will prevent a transfer....when SO MANY had ping(packet loss)problems with your eastern server,yet you refused to acknowledge?

Ping before the cable broke was, for me, around 100 for the Asian server.  Currently, it's 300 and more.  Personally, I'm happy to wait.

MuGG1N #16 Posted Sep 09 2017 - 14:41

Private

• Players
  • 7424 battles

I agree Ive been playing the SEA server for weeks know and even with the problems with the cable my Latency is still better.

So wargamers should still transfer accounts if the person wants it done I for one want my NA account transferred!!

1 more question Ive already started a ticket to transfer my account why does it come up as closed that sounds funny to me its should stay as pending????

Rev_John #17 Posted Sep 09 2017 - 21:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 7349 battles

View PostMuGG1N, on Sep 09 2017 - 13:41, said:

I agree Ive been playing the SEA server for weeks know and even with the problems with the cable my Latency is still better.

So wargamers should still transfer accounts if the person wants it done I for one want my NA account transferred!!

1 more question Ive already started a ticket to transfer my account why does it come up as closed that sounds funny to me its should stay as pending????

I asked them about this and they told me I'd been added to the list and that closing the ticket was just a formality.  Even when they close the ticket you'll still be on the transfer list.

NB For those who haven't raised a ticket yet, click on the ticket link in the e-mail I figure you've been sent, and don't click on the bit that says you want to transfer servers as the 'usual' answer is no.  Click on the "Problem Not Solved" box when you see it and spell out that you want to transfer etc

DormantStage #18 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 01:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 6168 battles

View PostSilverforceX, on Sep 09 2017 - 12:41, said:

Now is the best time to transfer, not later.

Yes, I thought this would be a perfect time, with less down time for the players.  At the moment I haven't played since the cable break and haven't played the US server for months.  It's not like I'm playing in the meantime.  I guess they are doing this because, even though we are aware of the problem, some toolbag will have a whinge about it once they are transfered.

driesp #19 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 03:26

Major

• Players
  • 31571 battles
  • [ORYX] ORYX

My ping to NA server is 330-424 at the moment.

Usually, ping to SEA is around 70, now it is 310, still better than NA.  

Please get going with the transfers?

driesp #20 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 03:36

Major

• Players
  • 31571 battles
  • [ORYX] ORYX

BTW this is the response I received from the help desk:

Thank you for contacting Wargaming support. We hope this email finds you well.

Thank you for your interest in transferring servers. We have reviewed your account and confirmed that you are eligible for a transfer to the SEA region. Currently, we are in the 'information gathering and optimizing' stage of rolling out the North American Central server. This includes the 9.20 update, after which we will be able to coordinate the transfer process in September with our colleagues from the SEA offices.

We will contact you via email, and advise when we're able to begin. At that point we will ask you for a final confirmation of your opt-in.

Details of a transfer are as follows:

• Transfers are for Asia Pacific residents only.
  • Only your WoT PC account will be moved as part of the transfer. Should you already have an existing account in the SEA region, your North American account will be merged, and you'll receive compensation for any duplicate premium vehicles.
  • This is a one way ticket. You may only return to North American servers by starting an entirely new account.
  • Your account may be suspended for up to one week to facilitate the transfer process.
  • Your social lists (Friends/Blocked) will be wiped.

To compensate you for the transfer process, we will reward you with:

• A week’s premium time for those who transfer to Asia.
  • Plus an AUS AC1 Sentinel tank + a garage slot. If you already own a AC1, you will receive the gold equivalent.

Should you have any other concerns, please visit our Frequently Asked Questionspage.

Have a great day and we'll see you on the field, Commander!

Best Regards,

John Moore Clayton
Wargaming America Support

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users