Asia Pacific Server & Account Transfer Update

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

driesp #41 Posted Sep 16 2017 - 05:13

Major

• Players
  • 31571 battles
  • [ORYX] ORYX

Yet another moronic reply from wargaming after submitting a ticket.... how many times do I have to explain that:

1. I want to transfer from NA to SEA.

2. I have submitted a ticket and received a reply that I am eligible for a transfer before the 4th of Sep.

Greetings driesp,

Thank your for contacting Wargaming support and we appreciate the continued support to our World of Tanks game.

Regarding your request on transferring your in-game account from Asia to North America servers, we really do apologize for the hassle but I'm afraid at the moment we don't have this specific service available. But don't worry I will make note of this suggestion. Rest assure that gamers suggestions about the game will be submitted to our developer team for further review. Please do watch out for any new developments: What's New? if the said service becomes available.

Thank you again for bringing this to us and we hope you will continue to love World of Tanks.

skipness #42 Posted Sep 20 2017 - 17:12

Private

• Players
  • 28114 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
any updates from WG?

Taxmania #43 Posted Sep 20 2017 - 22:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 28978 battles
  • [NZ] NZ

Yes any updates on the transfer?

I'd rather be transferred now so that the downtime of the server transfer coincides with the cable repair. The ping to central sucks and is probably no worse than the ping of the broken cable.

MM_BB #44 Posted Sep 20 2017 - 22:52

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1272 battles
  • [HIWAY] HIWAY
310 to sea, 220 to NA  for me

Termitey #45 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 05:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 87662 battles
  • [GOD_Z] GOD_Z

October 13 is repair date last time i looked,,

But i doubt it cause that stuff is not easy to fix

I feel WG should update us once a week really

so everybody doesnt have to ask

price300395 #46 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 19:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 21136 battles
  • [-GRD-] -GRD-
Well, atleast if they transfer our account right now, i'll still able to play in ASIA with 60-70 ping.

GeorgePreddy #47 Posted Sep 23 2017 - 02:34

Major

• Players
  • 14334 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG
When will there be real absolute info about this ?

lord_lobster #48 Posted Sep 23 2017 - 20:21

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 12293 battles

i dunno if i wanna switch lol (too late now), but SEA has always been second priority even to the US, less sales less special weekends 

Guess it just stick to warships for now!

Edited by lord_lobster, Sep 23 2017 - 22:19.

6EVIL9 #49 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 11:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 32313 battles
  • [OSSC] OSSC

Lets all keep submitting tickets until WG start updating us in this thread, on WHEN the transfer happens.

It is BS to promise to transfer and then back off!

ket101 #50 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 23:41

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18441 battles
  • [N-O-M] N-O-M

View Post6EVIL9, on Sep 24 2017 - 20:32, said:

Lets all keep submitting tickets until WG start updating us in this thread, on WHEN the transfer happens.

It is BS to promise to transfer and then back off!

They said they were going to wait until the Singapore cable got fixed.  It still hasn't been fixed.  Submitting tickets is just going to look childish.

DDemon #51 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 00:05

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 19501 battles

View Postket101, on Sep 24 2017 - 23:41, said:

They said they were going to wait until the Singapore cable got fixed.  It still hasn't been fixed.  Submitting tickets is just going to look childish.

Where did they say this? And how does waiting for that help EU players?

They should let the people that want to transfer do so, whether the cable is fixed or not, I can't speak for others, but I CAN'T PLAY right now, and haven't been able for OVER A MONTH.

Sorry for the digital shouting, but as you can imagine the wait time is getting beyond frustrating. And the fact that WG refuses to even keep us up to date, or even giving an estimate on WHEN they can do the transfer.

Regardless of the state of that cable, it does not effect EU players that haven't been able to play on the server since the merge, even before the cable broke, so they might as well get the EU transfer part over with. You know, try to be a little bit efficient.

I don't want to, on a daily basis check this forum if a WG person may or may not have posted something, or they will have and I would have missed my window to get of off a server I can no longer play on reliably.

You call this childish? I call it expecting a company to treat there customers with at least a shrivel of respect, expecting them to act even a tiny bit professional.

Yes, I have reached a slightly angered state.

ket101 #52 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 00:37

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18441 battles
  • [N-O-M] N-O-M

View PostDDemon, on Sep 25 2017 - 09:05, said:

Where did they say this? And how does waiting for that help EU players?

They should let the people that want to transfer do so, whether the cable is fixed or not, I can't speak for others, but I CAN'T PLAY right now, and haven't been able for OVER A MONTH.

Sorry for the digital shouting, but as you can imagine the wait time is getting beyond frustrating. And the fact that WG refuses to even keep us up to date, or even giving an estimate on WHEN they can do the transfer.

Regardless of the state of that cable, it does not effect EU players that haven't been able to play on the server since the merge, even before the cable broke, so they might as well get the EU transfer part over with. You know, try to be a little bit efficient.

I don't want to, on a daily basis check this forum if a WG person may or may not have posted something, or they will have and I would have missed my window to get of off a server I can no longer play on reliably.

You call this childish? I call it expecting a company to treat there customers with at least a shrivel of respect, expecting them to act even a tiny bit professional.

Yes, I have reached a slightly angered state.

Where did they say this?  The first post of the thread!  :

We have a quick update for players who opted in to transfer back to the Asia Pacific region. As widely reported in the news, undersea cables around the Asia Pacific Region have been damaged and are causing Internet problems in the area. SEA’s Asia-American Gateway (AAG), Intra Asia (TGN-IA) and SEA-ME-WE3 (SMW3) submarine cable systems have been most likely damaged by the storm and are causing increased latency.

It doesn't make sense to transfer players who are looking for better ping to a server that is experiencing a whole host of unrelated ping issues at this time.

Here is an article describing the cable failures in more detail if you are interested.

We thank you for your patience and understanding. Your ticket will remain open in our system, and as soon as we have identified a new timeframe for the transfer, we will send another update.

If you have not already opted in, and are considering returning to the Asia Pacific region, the window of opportunity is closing. We will stop accepting requests for the transfer to the Asia server on Monday, Sept. 11 at 23:59 PST. If you would like to transfer, please submit a ticket before the deadline via the following link: https://na.wargaming.net/support/tickets

What does EU players have to do with this?  I thought it was for NA players to transfer to Asia.  Was there an offer to EU players to transfer to the Asian server?

And yes, submitting tickets, as an electronic form of throwing a tantrum, does seem childish.

Brendan_Mead #53 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 02:54

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

To Late i am leaving the Asia Pacific Server no reason the ping real back but not the only one> To many countries on one server all talking different lang and different gameplay not good the game and just download for North America  a lot quicker and the ping is bloody good a lot better than what you can give me .a lot more Aussie would play if better set up as well from newzealand

driesp #54 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 11:53

Major

• Players
  • 31571 battles
  • [ORYX] ORYX

View PostBrendan_Mead, on Sep 25 2017 - 09:54, said:

To Late i am leaving the Asia Pacific Server no reason the ping real back but not the only one> To many countries on one server all talking different lang and different gameplay not good the game and just download for North America  a lot quicker and the ping is bloody good a lot better than what you can give me .a lot more Aussie would play if better set up as well from newzealand

Could you translate that to English please?

Kreygasm #55 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 15:07

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 14938 battles
  • [POSHY] POSHY
Where is the NA >> EU transfer man?!ive been waiting for years now; ill play and spend money on this game again when that happens.

Metalkon #56 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 22:53

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 9775 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
Will it ever be possible to transfer from NA to EU?

(i'll only gain 10-20 ping and the missions/population are better over there)

6EVIL9 #57 Posted Sep 26 2017 - 05:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 32313 battles
  • [OSSC] OSSC

Wargaming customer service is super retarded.

those idiots can't answer any questions...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Question (asked 3 times in 3rd ticket)

HI, CAN YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION AND STOP CLOSING THE CASES WITHOUT ANSWERING????

Can you tell me when transfer of accounts to SEA server happen?

I am sure it is not hard question to answer, but you need to ask people who know.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer:

Hello 6EVIL9,

Thank you for contacting us.

We understand that many players will have questions about the logistics of the transfer, which will be addressed once we are able to begin the transfer process. I apologize if we're unable to answer your questions at this time.

We will contact you via email, and advise when we're able to begin. At that point we will ask you for a final confirmation of your opt-in. As you await for the final confirmation email, your ticket will be closed as it's not essential for it to remain open.

-------------------------------------------------------

those c&nts close the tickets without answering...

ket101 #58 Posted Sep 26 2017 - 05:44

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18441 battles
  • [N-O-M] N-O-M

View Post6EVIL9, on Sep 26 2017 - 14:15, said:

Wargaming customer service is super retarded.

those idiots can't answer any questions...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Question (asked 3 times in 3rd ticket)

HI, CAN YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION AND STOP CLOSING THE CASES WITHOUT ANSWERING????

Can you tell me when transfer of accounts to SEA server happen?

I am sure it is not hard question to answer, but you need to ask people who know.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer:

Hello 6EVIL9,

Thank you for contacting us.

We understand that many players will have questions about the logistics of the transfer, which will be addressed once we are able to begin the transfer process. I apologize if we're unable to answer your questions at this time.

We will contact you via email, and advise when we're able to begin. At that point we will ask you for a final confirmation of your opt-in. As you await for the final confirmation email, your ticket will be closed as it's not essential for it to remain open.

-------------------------------------------------------

those c&nts close the tickets without answering...

They're saying that they don't know exactly when it's happening.  What's more, they've told you that they will let you know when it's happening.  They'll even give you the option of not transferring at that time, if you happen to have changed your mind about transferring.  Is there anything hard to understand there?  Is there anything that actually requires more discussion?

It's all dependent on the repairs to the undersea cables.  The timeframe for that is out of Wargaming's hands.

Edited by ket101, Sep 26 2017 - 05:47.

jarki5 #59 Posted Sep 28 2017 - 07:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 48246 battles

I am getting better ping now on SEA with the cables down than I am getting on NA Central. Just do the transfers now and get it over with PLEASE. I tried 3 games on NA last night and had over 300 ping and multiple freezes and disconnects in just those three. I was getting around 200 with a little lag on SEA which is what I was getting on NA West for the last 5 years! (East was worse).

If you start the transfers now we know the issues and are willing to take the chance. The longer we play SEA The Multi-lingual Paradise with the 2 tactic teams, lemming or car-park, the more annoyed we get. They need us to go and hammer them into shape!

155mm_Royalty #60 Posted Sep 28 2017 - 10:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29017 battles

View PostQuemapueblos, on Sep 08 2017 - 10:08, said:

We have a quick update for players who opted in to transfer back to the Asia Pacific region. As widely reported in the news, undersea cables around the Asia Pacific Region have been damaged and are causing Internet problems in the area. SEA’s Asia-American Gateway (AAG), Intra Asia (TGN-IA) and SEA-ME-WE3 (SMW3) submarine cable systems have been most likely damaged by the storm and are causing increased latency.

It doesn't make sense to transfer players who are looking for better ping to a server that is experiencing a whole host of unrelated ping issues at this time.

Here is an article describing the cable failures in more detail if you are interested.

We thank you for your patience and understanding. Your ticket will remain open in our system, and as soon as we have identified a new timeframe for the transfer, we will send another update.

If you have not already opted in, and are considering returning to the Asia Pacific region, the window of opportunity is closing. We will stop accepting requests for the transfer to the Asia server on Monday, Sept. 11 at 23:59 PST. If you would like to transfer, please submit a ticket before the deadline via the following link: https://na.wargaming.net/support/tickets

seems like you guys are looking for an excuse to prevent population bleed from NA.

Let us make the choice. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users