is harm finally dead

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Kage4 #21 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 01:26

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 20599 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

All of the players who left were HARM Nation Clan-Mates. Not a bad word for any of them. I'd been through a lot WoT-wise with no small # of them. They will be missed, every night, in the CWRR.

I'd like to thank (publicly, because I can't find their new TS, because I suck at internets) Nochos and Airborne for being so damn nice and inclusive towards me @ 2HARM in CW. I had a blast, they run a tight ship and they fight well as a team with good calling in CW. Can't ask for much more than that in WoT CW.

And I'll especially miss HAWX, hopefully you won't be a stranger online buddy. Thanks for everything you did to improve the skill level of so many HARM Nation virtual tankers (he made one of the most effective training videos/lessons for T10 CW I've ever seen).

Sometimes differences are irreconcilable, at least in the short term. No need to make it personal. Guys don't go from team-mates to enemies over 1 incident or in 1 day. At least not with me.

Good luck as a clan in the future.

Respectfully,

-Kage4
HARM Nation Stone-Cold Whoremaster

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #22 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 01:29

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles
  • [TOGWR] TOGWR

View PostKage4, on Sep 10 2017 - 17:26, said:

All of the players who left were HARM Nation Clan-Mates. Not a bad word for any of them. I'd been through a lot WoT-wise with no small # of them. They will be missed, every night, in the CWRR.

I'd like to thank (publicly, because I can't find their new TS, because I suck at internets) Nochos and Airborne for being so damn nice and inclusive towards me @ 2HARM in CW. I had a blast, they run a tight ship and they fight well as a team with good calling in CW. Can't ask for much more than that in WoT CW.

And I'll especially miss HAWX, hopefully you won't be a stranger online buddy. Thanks for everything you did to improve the skill level of so many HARM Nation virtual tankers (he made one of the most effective training videos/lessons for T10 CW I've ever seen).

Sometimes differences are irreconcilable, at least in the short term. No need to make it personal. Guys don't go from team-mates to enemies over 1 incident or in 1 day. At least not with me.

Respectfully,

-Kage4

+1

Hawx_ #23 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 01:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 15479 battles
  • [TOGWR] TOGWR

View PostKage4, on Sep 11 2017 - 00:26, said:

Respectfully,

-Kage4

Thanks man, it means a lot. Best of luck to you guys over there as well.

Kage4 #24 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 01:58

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 20599 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

View PostHawx_, on Sep 11 2017 - 00:46, said:

Thanks man, it means a lot. Best of luck to you guys over there as well.

o7

Kage4 #25 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 02:53

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 20599 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

View PostTheLaggyFox, on Sep 08 2017 - 23:11, said:

please zemke tell me it is so

https://www.youtube....h?v=-fxGNKxS8J0

Oh. TheLaggyFox I apologize I forgot you were there.

For your information, as long as I have enough silver to repair and rearm my Pz.Kpfw. VIE and a Warrant from Zemke to carry the HARM Nation Shield, HARM Nation lives.

You may go now.

-Kage4

Edited by Kage4, Sep 11 2017 - 02:54.

A_Random_Fat_Guy #26 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 03:46

Private

• -Players-
  • 21 battles
Giggity

Edited by A_Random_Fat_Guy, Sep 11 2017 - 04:20.

_xXx_R3AP3R_G4NDHI_xXx_ #27 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 04:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1222 battles
This is the most entertaining posts I have ever read

DocSkaets #28 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 20:26

Private

• Players
  • 30759 battles
  • [RNGUN] RNGUN

Good Luck to all that have chosen another route, the time was!  Harm Nation is pretty much self repairing and does not Live to Die, it is pretty much a Phoenix....

doc

Hawx_ #29 Posted Sep 16 2017 - 01:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 15479 battles
  • [TOGWR] TOGWR

Permission was strictly given to put this up.  The first pic is HARMs forums. The second is 2HARMs clan page. Glad to see Harm is dealing with this so well. Also you should add something on that forum post to include the 25 some HARM main members that left. I am feeling left out.

View PostKage4, on Sep 11 2017 - 00:26, said:

All of the players who left were HARM Nation Clan-Mates. Not a bad word for any of them.

Well, I guess there are some that do not share your outlook buddy.

Edited by Hawx_, Sep 16 2017 - 01:06.

Truemen #30 Posted Sep 16 2017 - 02:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10291 battles
God It's the Orion incident all over again! Lol

Futile_Resistance #31 Posted Sep 16 2017 - 05:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 32418 battles
  • [TOGWR] TOGWR
RIP 2HARM, met a ton of great people there. GL to those in HARM nation. I have no bad feelings toward anyone who left or stayed. I chose to stay with group of people I have come to enjoy playing the game with. Tags come and go, the friendships I have made make the game that much better to play.

Elbroth #32 Posted Sep 16 2017 - 09:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29842 battles
  • [TOGWR] TOGWR

View PostFutile_Resistance, on Sep 15 2017 - 20:25, said:

RIP 2HARM, met a ton of great people there. GL to those in HARM nation. I have no bad feelings toward anyone who left or stayed. I chose to stay with group of people I have come to enjoy playing the game with. Tags come and go, the friendships I have made make the game that much better to play.

Well said...

_xXx_R3AP3R_G4NDHI_xXx_ #33 Posted Sep 16 2017 - 22:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1222 battles
In this day and age it will be pretty hard for harm to rebuild considering how hard it is to recruit without merges

Zemke #34 Posted Sep 17 2017 - 00:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 36661 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

Zemke's Open Letter,

I should just let this topic die a quiet death, but I feel that some statement from me is required as the founder of HARM and HARM Nation.  As stated previously I am no longer commander of HARM Nation.  That is due to both real-life work and my disappointment on the direction Wargaming has taken Clan Wars over the past 2 years, (although I was impressed with the current "model" of Clan Wars, it is not enough to make me trust again), and the continuing rollout of tier 8 super money tanks is....anyway, who cares why I am not playing.

I have thought about this latest event, defection or whatever you wish to call it for several days now, so while I drink a strong cup of coffee, I will give an insight into my thoughts and how HARM operates, and our values.

I will not use names, other than Smackers'.  I heard about this situation via text messages from a former longtime member, then received notice from a current in-active founding member.  My first and continuing feelings were extreme disappointment.  First disappointment primarily in people, second our own systems, or failure of those systems to work as planned.  HARM leadership placed great trust and responsibility in subordinate leaders with the expectation that they were loyal not to certain people or leaders, but loyal to HARM Nation and the systems that HARM Nation has had in place for years.

From my understanding, there was two issues that precipitated this, (1) enforcement of WN8 requirements within clans and realignment of personnel to the appropriate Clan within HARM Nation. This proved to be a problem for 2HARM leadership.  (2) The second issue was the desire by HARM main battle planners to attack a clan (Goons) we had a positive relationship with, which was overruled by the Commander of HARM, Smacker.  He overruled this decision because HARM Nation does not put short-term gain above relationships we have with outside clans, that is a value we have always held.  This "disagreement" then caused these subordinate leaders to ask for the resignation of the Commander of HARM Nation, Smacker, which is not how we change leadership.  We have a board of directors in place for this very reason.

What is so disappointing was these leaders were given great trust and authority within this organization.  These leaders grew up in HARM Nation, were trained in HARM Nation, over the course of years, not months, but years.  To leave the way they did was unexpected and very sad.  Frankly, that trust was greatly misplaced, in hindsight a huge mistake to have put such trust in them.  The level of disloyalty is incomprehensible to me.  I do not mean loyalty to Smacker or me, but disloyalty to HARM Nation and the systems we have in place, systems of training, rules for promotion, how we deal with outside clans, performance standards and so forth, many these very individuals help craft over time.

Based on the above, and the failure to try to resolve any of the above issues, by contacting me or asking the board to convene, it is my opinion that this was a planned event and the ringleaders were looking for a reason to leave.  

Based on this incident, I gave instructions that 2HARM would never again be an active Clan in HARM Nation because of this.  Like a unit in the old Roman legions, the 2HARM has been dishonored, it colors will be rolled up, and the unit decommissioned from service.

HARM Nation is not dead, this is not the first and won't be the last time people leave.  We have a certain system of leadership, training, and expectations.  We will rebuild, reform and move on.  We have a seat for all levels of players, but our failure to enforce those standards and expectations of training, leadership and standard operating procedures within HARM Nation, procedures in place for years, IMO lead to this.  Certain individuals were promoted too fast before they have put in the required time and demonstrated they could put HARM Nation above themselves and standard procedures of diplomacy, wn8 expectations were not enforced for too long by subordinate leaders who KNOW how HARM Nation does things.  In other words, they knew better.

The sharp little pointy object in the backs of HARM Nation members with just have to heal up.  The long hard job of recruiting back 130+ members and getting back to core values begins in HARM Nation.  Not for the first time, but hopefully the last, (but not likely), as there will always be people who join clans with an agenda or put their own ego before the organization.  Usually, we can spot that quickly, and have systems of promotion to safeguard against that.  Failure to follow those safeguards was not an indirect cause, but the direct cause IMO.

A great amount of time and investment (and in some cases real money) went into some of these former members, and to see how and why they so casually toss that aside, was extremely disappointing to me and remaining HARM members. They will be missed.  I hold no grudge against those that left to stay with friends, I understand that.

I take responsibility for this, as all of these former subordinate leaders were put in these positions with my approval.

Thanks,

Zemke

Founder of HARM Nation

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #35 Posted Sep 17 2017 - 00:44

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles
  • [TOGWR] TOGWR

View PostZemke, on Sep 16 2017 - 16:16, said:

Zemke's Open Letter,

I should just let this topic die a quiet death, but I feel that some statement from me is required as the founder of HARM and HARM Nation.  As stated previously I am no longer commander of HARM Nation.  That is due to both real-life work and my disappointment on the direction Wargaming has taken Clan Wars over the past 2 years, (although I was impressed with the current "model" of Clan Wars, it is not enough to make me trust again), and the continuing rollout of tier 8 super money tanks is....anyway, who cares why I am not playing.

I have thought about this latest event, defection or whatever you wish to call it for several days now, so while I drink a strong cup of coffee, I will give an insight into my thoughts and how HARM operates, and our values.

I will not use names, other than Smackers'.  I heard about this situation via text messages from a former longtime member, then received notice from a current in-active founding member.  My first and continuing feelings were extreme disappointment.  First disappointment primarily in people, second our own systems, or failure of those systems to work as planned.  HARM leadership placed great trust and responsibility in subordinate leaders with the expectation that they were loyal not to certain people or leaders, but loyal to HARM Nation and the systems that HARM Nation has had in place for years.

From my understanding, there was two issues that precipitated this, (1) enforcement of WN8 requirements within clans and realignment of personnel to the appropriate Clan within HARM Nation. This proved to be a problem for 2HARM leadership.  (2) The second issue was the desire by HARM main battle planners to attack a clan (Goons) we had a positive relationship with, which was overruled by the Commander of HARM, Smacker.  He overruled this decision because HARM Nation does not put short-term gain above relationships we have with outside clans, that is a value we have always held.  This "disagreement" then caused these subordinate leaders to ask for the resignation of the Commander of HARM Nation, Smacker, which is not how we change leadership.  We have a board of directors in place for this very reason.

What is so disappointing was these leaders were given great trust and authority within this organization.  These leaders grew up in HARM Nation, were trained in HARM Nation, over the course of years, not months, but years.  To leave the way they did was unexpected and very sad.  Frankly, that trust was greatly misplaced, in hindsight a huge mistake to have put such trust in them.  The level of disloyalty is incomprehensible to me.  I do not mean loyalty to Smacker or me, but disloyalty to HARM Nation and the systems we have in place, systems of training, rules for promotion, how we deal with outside clans, performance standards and so forth, many these very individuals help craft over time.

Based on the above, and the failure to try to resolve any of the above issues, by contacting me or asking the board to convene, it is my opinion that this was a planned event and the ringleaders were looking for a reason to leave.  

Based on this incident, I gave instructions that 2HARM would never again be an active Clan in HARM Nation because of this.  Like a unit in the old Roman legions, the 2HARM has been dishonored, it colors will be rolled up, and the unit decommissioned from service.

HARM Nation is not dead, this is not the first and won't be the last time people leave.  We have a certain system of leadership, training, and expectations.  We will rebuild, reform and move on.  We have a seat for all levels of players, but our failure to enforce those standards and expectations of training, leadership and standard operating procedures within HARM Nation, procedures in place for years, IMO lead to this.  Certain individuals were promoted too fast before they have put in the required time and demonstrated they could put HARM Nation above themselves and standard procedures of diplomacy, wn8 expectations were not enforced for too long by subordinate leaders who KNOW how HARM Nation does things.  In other words, they knew better.

The sharp little pointy object in the backs of HARM Nation members with just have to heal up.  The long hard job of recruiting back 130+ members and getting back to core values begins in HARM Nation.  Not for the first time, but hopefully the last, (but not likely), as there will always be people who join clans with an agenda or put their own ego before the organization.  Usually, we can spot that quickly, and have systems of promotion to safeguard against that.  Failure to follow those safeguards was not an indirect cause, but the direct cause IMO.

A great amount of time and investment (and in some cases real money) went into some of these former members, and to see how and why they so casually toss that aside, was extremely disappointing to me and remaining HARM members. They will be missed.  I hold no grudge against those that left to stay with friends, I understand that.

I take responsibility for this, as all of these former subordinate leaders were put in these positions with my approval.

Thanks,

Zemke

Founder of HARM Nation

trust me Zemke,  responsibility lies not with you.  you did well in your time as leader(with some bumps aye, but you at least could tell when a clan as a whole is feeling pissed based off the actions of someone)

the issue is on the commander at the time who was unable to run his own clan, and so tried to grab from a 2ndary clan who had been having a greater than normal period of success(specially during a CW event).

this issue isn't due to rebellion subleaders.  but due to the odd scenario of an inactive main clan,   a super active 2ndary clan(who is in the middle of a CW event and very proud of the hours its members, of all wn8, are putting into it on a daily basis.   and doesn't want to look at those members and say "yeah i know you put in countless hours and work,  but your gonna be kicked cause our wn8 standards went up and you don't meet them.   so all the work you put in for this event was for nothing."   )

and the inability of the main clan's leader, to encourage his own clan to be active,  while trying to grab members from a busy 2ndary clan who doesn't view a "step up in HARM nation" as favorable considering the current state they see HARM on a day to day basis.

All of this, plus the lack of 3rd party to help (its literally the clan,  vs smacker.  no 3rd person who can delegate)   leads the members of the 2ndary clan (and indeed, members of the main clan as well)  to view it not as HARM's traditional command structure,   but as a dictator who can't do his job, and so takes what he WANTS from others instead.   Where is the checks and balances on that commander?  

It was no secret 2HARM was not happy with what HARM commander at the time was doing, or the timing of it.   it was public for any to see for months.  easily considering it was all in public chat.   

i would hope you'd be more curious as to why such a large number left,  and all seemed to have issue with ONE individual and the behavior/action of said person.   Not HARM.  not HARM's traditions or command structure.    ONE PERSON,  who had no checks and balances on him. (i know there was a structure for complaints,  but when this was used and reached smacker,  nothing happened. hence HARM's defection from him)

instead of the casual dismissal we saw following this as if the death of a subclan, and the loss of a LARGE number of active members of the main clan is nothing(specially seeing how inactive it was at the time). You might want to question if everything you've heard is true. And ask how the structure of HARM nation failed to stop one person from causing the defection of  130 people.  

Don't blame the leaders who left.  They tried to find a different way.  Multiple times trying to talk to him.  

your welcome to join our TS to hear our side of the story

KarlvonC #36 Posted Sep 17 2017 - 01:16

Sergeant

• Players
  • 66334 battles
  • [HARM] HARM
All I know is this was Pre Planned. This  Hurt me very deeply 2harm was my home The Planning was going on for months since I quit and before.They Discredited me ,Called me arrogantand stopped me from calling Cut me off from the chain of command ,,so they could move friends back into 2 harm. Id really like to know what propaganda Nochos fed you, for you to leave.  this was very successfully stage Managed over a period time.

Edited by KarlvonC, Sep 17 2017 - 01:18.

lrambo #37 Posted Sep 17 2017 - 03:19

Private

• -Players-
  • 18482 battles
Clan rules have been a bit loose in the goose of late. The requirements of the various Harm Nation clans are not being consistently enforced or clarified. Until 3 days ago, I was a Harm nation member for nearly 3 years, I already miss being a part of something that was great. I will miss many it's clan members. I did not leave because of what Happen in 2Harm. I departed because my tanking skills are poor at best. HarmD is no longer a training clan, it has become tier 10 clan war destine. I am unable to improve enough for tier 10 clan wars, especially as a vanilla player. One of my biggest hurdles is feeling like WoT has not done enough to subdue the Mod abuse "cheats". I will never be tier 10 clan war competitive, so there is no reason for me to be part of a clan war clan. Good luck Harm Nation.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #38 Posted Sep 17 2017 - 03:36

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles
  • [TOGWR] TOGWR

View Postlrambo, on Sep 16 2017 - 19:19, said:

Clan rules have been a bit loose in the goose of late. The requirements of the various Harm Nation clans are not being consistently enforced or clarified. Until 3 days ago, I was a Harm nation member for nearly 3 years, I already miss being a part of something that was great. I will miss many it's clan members. I did not leave because of what Happen in 2Harm. I departed because my tanking skills are poor at best. HarmD is no longer a training clan, it has become tier 10 clan war destine. I am unable to improve enough for tier 10 clan wars, especially as a vanilla player. One of my biggest hurdles is feeling like WoT has not done enough to subdue the Mod abuse "cheats". I will never be tier 10 clan war competitive, so there is no reason for me to be part of a clan war clan. Good luck Harm Nation.

and you lost us at "mod abuse cheats"

if you believe that thats the reason, your not looking at your own skill hard enough.

TheRadioManIsBleeding #39 Posted Sep 17 2017 - 17:44

Private

• Players
  • 36338 battles
  • [HARM] HARM
HARM did not want any 2harm clan members. Your top 30 guys couldnt even beat our top 15 guys at any given moment. I paid gold to watch us beat you guys for fun as a reminder to let you know who the tops dogs were. Recruting 2k recent wn8 players is hard no matter which way you look at it but HARM main did that about 1 per week with my squad. 2HARM bring in players sub par and below standards. Id rather jave a quality player than have someone show up everynight as a body which would end up being a wasted spot.  Being on map now i remember 2HARM placing 10th place and HARM main decided our 1 team would like that spot from like 22nd. So 1 night we took it. Pushing 2HARM out of place. Did we want to...we discussed it and we said sure why not cause we can. I will get new players just like the ones that left HARM main they will be trained and they wont mind if 15 players are on or not. I could recruit 1500 recent wn8 blindfolded but we have always recruited 1900 players with little or no exeptions. It will take time which it did before so im not worried at all. I lost my squad and i will make a new one again.

Hawx_ #40 Posted Sep 17 2017 - 18:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 15479 battles
  • [TOGWR] TOGWR

View PostTheRadioManIsBleeding, on Sep 17 2017 - 16:44, said:

HARM did not want any 2harm clan members. Your top 30 guys couldnt even beat our top 15 guys at any given moment. I paid gold to watch us beat you guys for fun as a reminder to let you know who the tops dogs were. Recruting 2k recent wn8 players is hard no matter which way you look at it but HARM main did that about 1 per week with my squad. 2HARM bring in players sub par and below standards. Id rather jave a quality player than have someone show up everynight as a body which would end up being a wasted spot.  Being on map now i remember 2HARM placing 10th place and HARM main decided our 1 team would like that spot from like 22nd. So 1 night we took it. Pushing 2HARM out of place. Did we want to...we discussed it and we said sure why not cause we can. I will get new players just like the ones that left HARM main they will be trained and they wont mind if 15 players are on or not. I could recruit 1500 recent wn8 blindfolded but we have always recruited 1900 players with little or no exeptions. It will take time which it did before so im not worried at all. I lost my squad and i will make a new one again.

Have fun recruiting 2k plus players with 3 people above that active. If I had known that was the reason you were giving away gold I would have booted you from HARM. The commander of harm isn't even a light blue player. That kind of elitist attitude is a real problem in wot, and I try to change it whenever I get a chance. You and I both were like the players in 2harm at one point. You and I both can still improve if we try. You definitely can as you aren't even unicum. I [edited]hate when people belittle lower skill players that are still trying to improve. I went from 1400 to 3700 wn8 in 4 months of focusing on improving. If I could do that so could some of them.  Also, harm did want 2harm players as a few of them are better than you. The whole point of the Harm nation system was to grow players in the sub-clans so they end up in harm main winning battles. 

View PostKarlvonC, on Sep 17 2017 - 00:16, said:

All I know is this was Pre Planned. This  Hurt me very deeply 2harm was my home The Planning was going on for months since I quit and before.They Discredited me ,Called me arrogantand stopped me from calling Cut me off from the chain of command ,,so they could move friends back into 2 harm. Id really like to know what propaganda Nochos fed you, for you to leave.  this was very successfully stage Managed over a period time.

You are delusional and hadn't been on the ts for months prior to any of this happening. That's all I have got for you.

View PostZemke, on Sep 16 2017 - 23:16, said:

Zemke's Open Letter,

Thanks,

Zemke

Founder of HARM Nation

Zemke, I loved being in the old harm. I wouldn't have left harm as anything short of a last resort. I will give you one thing you were right on though. I wasn't loyal to the idea of harm nation. I am loyal to people in it that I've become friends with over the 3 years I was there. If I was solely blindly loyal to harm nation id still be there so I guess you already knew that. The fact you didn't care enough about the 130 some players that left to come and ask us for side on the ts I sent you multiple times astounds me. Over half of the leadeship of the other harm nation clans came and talked to us, but the creator of harm nation didnt think it was worth his time. Some of us that left were in harm nation for 3-5 years. Your addition to the harm forums comparing all the 2harm players that left to sewage really surprised me. I clearly respected you far more than i should have. 

Camn karlvonc tankschu and zemke werent there to see anything going on in harm nation for the past 6 or so months, yet the moment a group of 130 leaves they all feel the need to explain what happened to everyone on the forums without talking to the people that left.  As I was told everyone in Together we remain will be banned on harm ts on sight, anyone in harm nation that still values the friendship of anyone that left is welcome on our new ts to continue to be friends. Sanctuary.teamspeak.network  This will be my final post and possibly viewing of this thread as I really dont enjoy reading half my ex clanmates bash their friends that left because of major issues.

Thanks,

Hawx

XO of TOGWR

EX harm nation xo/3 year member

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users