Curious inability to contact server.

networking

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

bigidle #1 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 00:57

Private

• -Players-
  • 9135 battles
I have been playing successfully for months ever since I got a new iMac. I have the latest version, and in fact logged in just fine last weekend. Now today I try and it fails to contact the server. As it tries the animations run for a bit, then lock up, run really fast, and continue. Eventually it gives up. Does anyone know what the IP or domain address it is trying to contact for the Central Server? I have no other issues with networking, tried rebooting, there is nothing in any log (unless code weavers has some log file somewhere). I have the latest 10.12.6.

black_colt #2 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 04:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View Postbigidle, on Sep 09 2017 - 15:57, said:

I have been playing successfully for months ever since I got a new iMac. I have the latest version, and in fact logged in just fine last weekend. Now today I try and it fails to contact the server. As it tries the animations run for a bit, then lock up, run really fast, and continue. Eventually it gives up. Does anyone know what the IP or domain address it is trying to contact for the Central Server? I have no other issues with networking, tried rebooting, there is nothing in any log (unless code weavers has some log file somewhere). I have the latest 10.12.6.

​What version of the WoT Mac Wrapper do you have?

If you have version 2.0.10 then you will need to raise a Support Ticket with CodeWeavers - https://www.codeweav...tact-us#support

If you have version 2.0.3 then that is a known issue.  Upgrading to version 2.0.10 will require deleting and reinstalling with the latest DMG from Wargaming.

The next steps will [Delete Completely] and [Disable Torrents].  The WoT Mac Wrapper can be very sensitive to using Torrents - not sure why.

Go to the following Forum thread and download the Studly Utility from dstud208

http://forum.worldof...rapper-utility/

Install the Studly Utility 

Go to [Documents] then [WoT] and duplicate the [replays] folder.  Move that duplicated folder to the Desktop.

Launch the Studly Utility

NOTE: If you want to keep your replays you must duplicate the [replays] folder and move it to the Desktop. The next step will completely delete all files.

Click on [World of Tanks] then [General] then [Delete Completely] then Click on [OK] in the next dialog box. 

Next click on [Live Server] and click on your region. Your web browser will open and download the region-appropriate DMG. 

After download completes - double click on the DMG and drag the WoT Mac Wrapper app to the [Applications] folder.  After the app copies eject the DMG.

Double click on the app to launch and wait until you see [Updating game client:] then click on the double vertical lines immediately to the left of [PLAY] button to stop the update. 

Quit the WoT Mac Wrapper.

Make sure all world_of_tanks processes are quit/closed. Use [Activity Monitor] in [Applications][Utilities] and force-quit any open world_of_tank processes.

Go Back to/Relaunch the Studly Utility

Click on [World of Tanks] then [General] then [Disable Torrents]

Launch the WoT Mac Wrapper.  

Install any updates to the WoT Mac Wrapper - this is separate from game updates which happen in the [PLAY] dialog box after the WoT Mac Wrapper finishes launching.

Let the game install any updates needed in the [PLAY] dialog box.  When complete click on [PLAY] and log-into the game.

Please let the Forum know if this works ...

Edited by black_colt, Sep 10 2017 - 04:59.

Also tagged with networking

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users