Are there Humans in the game?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Are there Humans in the game? (28 members have cast votes)

Are there humans in the game?

1. Yes. (8 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. No. (9 votes [32.14%])

Percentage of vote: 32.14%

3. Maybe. (11 votes [39.29%])

Percentage of vote: 39.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

PanzerJosh #1 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 01:51

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 882 battles

Hello!

Alright this might be a stupid question, but or some reason I keep asking my self it... Are there humans in World of Tanks? I mean yeah we have crew member who all have a name, and face to go with it, but besides the points in a game were a crew member is knocked out we do not see them ever. In the game with open topped vehicles we don't see the crew, and in all of WoT's trailer we don't see a single person, and many of the tanks (in certain trailers) are "built" by them self (British tank tree, and Endless War trailer for prime examples). So are there people? Do we play in a game were tanks have over run the world?

Nudnick #2 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 01:58

Major

• -Players-
  • 19633 battles
I always run over the scarecrows just in case.

heavymetal1967 #3 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 01:58

Major

• Players
  • 58538 battles

Came here expecting a sarcastic post about tomato bots. :P

As far as "in game" no there aren't.  Having crew in vehicles, especially open top vehicles, would compromise their current rating is why they don't have them.   Shell, explosion effects, etc... blowing the crew all over the battlefield, blood and gore and what not would "up age" their ERSB rating.

Unless the crew was completely static and wasn't effected by shells, explosions, etc...   Then what would be the point.

GeorgePreddy #4 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 02:11

Major

• Players
  • 14291 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View Postheavymetal1967, on Sep 09 2017 - 21:58, said:

Shell, explosion effects, etc... blowing the crew all over the battlefield, blood and gore and what not would "up age" their ERSB rating.

Exactly this... as long as they don't show people in the tanks they can keep their "Mild Violence" rating.

PanzerJosh #5 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 02:13

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 882 battles

View Postheavymetal1967, on Sep 10 2017 - 01:58, said:

Came here expecting a sarcastic post about tomato bots. :P

As far as "in game" no there aren't.  Having crew in vehicles, especially open top vehicles, would compromise their current rating is why they don't have them.   Shell, explosion effects, etc... blowing the crew all over the battlefield, blood and gore and what not would "up age" their ERSB rating.

Unless the crew was completely static and wasn't effected by shells, explosions, etc...   Then what would be the point.

Ok I guess I should have been more specif, but by "I game" I meant like in World of Tanks "Story". Like if World of Tanks was real life would there be people, or just tanks driving them self?

Gothraul #6 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 02:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 1526 battles

The problem is the population demographics with this game being too old for it, sure they bring in tons of money for WG but it is not healthy for the game if one expects half way decent pvp when there is so much 45% and lower excrement on the server. WG still fails hard when it comes to competitive modes and randoms needs to transition from where it is now to just being pure casual without there being win rate just to make it less toxic. Geezers are often far too slow and timid while also having poor sportsmanship so their teams suffer just that much more. Remove xvm (stats portion) and the meta will slow down just enough that the dead weight imposed by these horrid players won't be so bad that the carry will be a tad easier than it is now.

With the server merge we have to suffer the bot level excrement (not hating on the few good players who had no other choice but to suffer that mess) that was playing on the swamp of a server NA West.

WG could have easily fixed this years ago and they can fix it now, even in a recent Q/A they suggested that they are considering moving away from statistics at least for "random" battles. I will gladly give up some of my stats for less toxic game play.

FreemanofTreve #7 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 02:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 38796 battles

View PostGothraul, on Sep 09 2017 - 20:20, said:

The problem is the population demographics with this game being too old for it, sure they bring in tons of money for WG but it is not healthy for the game if one expects half way decent pvp when there is so much 45% and lower excrement on the server. WG still fails hard when it comes to competitive modes and randoms needs to transition from where it is now to just being pure casual without there being win rate just to make it less toxic. Geezers are often far too slow and timid while also having poor sportsmanship so their teams suffer just that much more. Remove xvm (stats portion) and the meta will slow down just enough that the dead weight imposed by these horrid players won't be so bad that the carry will be a tad easier than it is now.

With the server merge we have to suffer the bot level excrement (not hating on the few good players who had no other choice but to suffer that mess) that was playing on the swamp of a server NA West.

WG could have easily fixed this years ago and they can fix it now, even in a recent Q/A they suggested that they are considering moving away from statistics at least for "random" battles. I will gladly give up some of my stats for less toxic game play.

Nice try at trolling but you failed.

Benjeeh_CA #8 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 02:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28657 battles
  • [DBLTP] DBLTP

View PostGothraul, on Sep 09 2017 - 17:20, said:

as an NA wast only player I'm confused to why you call it a swamp since the merger I've noticed everything everyone complains on the forums about not so much before especially lemming trains  

Takatsume #9 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 02:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 29877 battles

View PostNudnick, on Sep 09 2017 - 16:58, said:

Death to the scarecrows!!! I usually try to take out some pumpkins too.  Destroy the food source.

landedkiller #10 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 03:35

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7767 battles
Yes they're a lot of people playing these days that don't know what they are doing so you are forced to go along with lemming trains unless you want to be steamrolled by the opposing team when on your by yourself

PanzerJosh #11 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 03:41

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 882 battles

View Postlandedkiller, on Sep 10 2017 - 03:35, said:

Yes they're a lot of people playing these days that don't know what they are doing so you are forced to go along with lemming trains unless you want to be steamrolled by the opposing team when on your by yourself

In game wise. Like i there a WoT story will there be people, or will the tanks be sentient or something?

rich30606 #12 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 03:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13345 battles
  • [BBICT] BBICT

View PostNudnick, on Sep 10 2017 - 01:58, said:

^ this

Old_Noobette #13 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 07:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10518 battles

beware the scarecrow. 

If i recall, long time ago briefly there used to be dog houses with barking dog sound. 

Edited by Old_Noobette, Sep 10 2017 - 07:36.

Sevok #14 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 08:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 36235 battles
This poll is worthless.  Please bring back neg rep.

Mezurashi #15 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 11:19

• 1965 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostSevok, on Sep 09 2017 - 23:04, said:

This poll is worthless.  Please bring back neg rep.

​How mighty neighborly of you.

PanzerJosh #16 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 01:07

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 882 battles
Any other thoughts? I like to think the tanks are not sentient, but are robots, that after some huge war, or sickness,, or something all the humans died out, and not knowing what to base their "body" off of the AI(r what ever) decided to base it off late WWI to early Cold War tanks cause why not?

riff_ #17 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 01:21

Major

• Players
  • 25163 battles

DEATH TO SCARECROW!!!!

Kenshin2kx #18 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 01:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 16038 battles

View PostPanzerJosh, on Sep 09 2017 - 14:51, said:

Hello!

Alright this might be a stupid question, but or some reason I keep asking my self it... Are there humans in World of Tanks? I mean yeah we have crew member who all have a name, and face to go with it, but besides the points in a game were a crew member is knocked out we do not see them ever. In the game with open topped vehicles we don't see the crew, and in all of WoT's trailer we don't see a single person, and many of the tanks (in certain trailers) are "built" by them self (British tank tree, and Endless War trailer for prime examples). So are there people? Do we play in a game were tanks have over run the world?

Actually there are a number of practical reasons that there are no humans depicted in WoT ...

1.  Human anatomy (to look good) takes a fair amount of cpu potential and the game is optimized for computers of modest game playing potential ...

2.  This is nominally a war game where the goal is to 'kill' or 'capture the enemy spawn' ... so, what happens when you kill a tank?  Does the human body react accordingly to the damage done?  Gory details of burned shredded, pulped bodies are things to avoid for a player base that includes '13 years and up' ...

3. Controversy in depiction ... ethnic groups? genders? ... heck, there is controversy with pictures of your crew along with correct pronunciation and linguistic context ... and depending on how the humans are depicted, the possibility of mods (which may include risque or controversial aspects to garb (or lack of) makeup or look.  

Simply put, its a whole lot simpler and safer ... not to show those pesky humans (the implication is enough).   After all its called World of Tanks ... not World of Tanks Driven By Humans

Edited by Kenshin2kx, Sep 13 2017 - 01:26.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users