Keyboards

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

OXEN_HeavyGUN #21 Posted Sep 20 2017 - 17:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31435 battles
  • [-PS9-] -PS9-

i have a corsair strafe mechanical keyboard. i like it a lot. cherry red back lit keys, a windows start menu lock button and a simple dimmer button. also if fully programmable back lighting effects. tho i did not bother to install that function. pretty raw down to earth classic looking unit. its been worth its $ in simplicity and function. an yes its mechanical . look at this link , just a google img search of the board.

https://www.google.c...iw=1910&bih=988

tod914 #22 Posted Nov 01 2017 - 22:36

Major

• Players
  • 52267 battles
  • [RDNKS] RDNKS

View PostNonamanadus, on Sep 18 2017 - 21:38, said:

Initial impression of the Logitech G810:

It is a heavy keyboard with good grips so it won't be sliding around like my old Alienware (which I don't think was mechanical, made in 2009). Plugged it in but I had to manually go the company's site and download the software, the help menu is rather deficient but Google was good enough. I set it up so the default is a nice blue and when World of Tanks launches only the appropriate keys lite up. I have these keys color coded in groups  for movement, communication, siege, reload and so on. The keys are on the quiet side and have a soft feel, they have a good concave for the fingertips to rest in (helps prevent your hands from accidently going out of alignment). 

Best part is that Amazon had a sale on it for $99.

I'm in the same boat as you.  I just replaced my Alienware mouse with a Corsair M65 Pro.  I turned off the light features.  Just ain't into that.  Mouse is awesome.  I highly recommend checking it out if your in the market for one.  I preferred the ergonomic feel of it over the Razer and Logitecs.  Made a big difference from the original mouse, in regards to using the server side reticle.  Won a $25.00 gift card when entering the store, and it was on sale.  Cost me under $40.00 when said and done.

Next on the list is a keyboard.  D key is binding.  Will have to check out some of these suggestions next time I'm in Best Buy.  I also prefer softer keys to the noisier mechanical.  Maybe the Logitech is the ticket.

Your post came at a good time :)

tod914 #23 Posted Nov 25 2017 - 03:38

Major

• Players
  • 52267 battles
  • [RDNKS] RDNKS

Just wanted to give an update.  Purchased the Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent Keyboard.  Not clanky or noisy like the other mechanic keyboards I tested.  Very happy with it.

Got it for $90 at Best Buy Black Friday sale.  Was $10 cheaper than other places I checked.

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=4370907

Horribad_At_Tanks #24 Posted Nov 29 2017 - 09:53

Major

• Players
  • 2268 battles

Hrmmm. Might as well make this a music thread too.

My favorite keyboard.

Speedy_DePalma #25 Posted Nov 29 2017 - 18:09

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3329 battles
The Corsair K70 series is nice as well, they cover the big 4 of the cherry switches in brown, red, blue and clear.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users