Suggestion: Negate Underwater Suicide & Grant Damage Points

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Blue___Phoenix #1 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 03:04

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11856 battles
  • [PHX2] PHX2

Many players take the "easy way out" and drown themselves.

The game "code" ALREADY allows players to damage a sunken tank, as you can see on this reply (towards the end of the battle): 

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3818924

https://www.dropbox.....wotreplay?dl=0

The suggestion is, if an enemy tank sinks and players damage the tank afterward, give the XP to such player

Edited by Blue___Phoenix, Sep 12 2017 - 19:22.

xrays_ #2 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 03:21

Major

• Players
  • 41964 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostBlue___Phoenix, on Sep 09 2017 - 21:04, said:

The suggestion is, if an enemy tank sinks and players damage the tank afterward, give the XP to such player

I think another question might be; if a tank on dry land has all its crew knocked out and is declared "killed" by all measures in the game, yet the tank is still sitting there with hit points (yes, it happens, just not often), can you still receive damage awarding hits on said 'dead' tank? If not, then perhaps this is the same mechanic that prevents one from gaining from shooting an already drowned tank, because, just the same, all the crew is gone.

Not sure if anyone has an answer, or whether it's in the wiki. Just curious.

x.

riff_ #3 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 03:40

Major

• Players
  • 25121 battles

View PostBlue___Phoenix, on Sep 09 2017 - 21:04, said:

The game "code" ALREADY allows players to damage a sunken tank, as you can see on this reply (towards the end of the battle):  https://www.dropbox.....wotreplay?dl=0

If tanks drown themselves by accident or poor play may be an issue.  Like the idea, WG could "stun" the tank once the 10 seconds is up so it could not move or fire, but it would have to read in the game log that it is dead and how can you be dead if you have hit points left.

Griffon327327 #4 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 03:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 68896 battles

View PostBlue___Phoenix, on Sep 10 2017 - 02:04, said:

The game "code" ALREADY allows players to damage a sunken tank, as you can see on this reply (towards the end of the battle):  https://www.dropbox.....wotreplay?dl=0

??? if you can damage a enemy sunken tank and the damage shows up on your damage total list (and it DOES) then you are sure as F$$K getting exp for it the only thing you are not getting is the kill . as for not letting the game mechanics let players drown ? when at start of a battle you notice the MM rigged as H$LL system gave you 14 friendlies all dark red with wn8 of 300 or less and enemy has 12 purple players in wolf pack platoons all purple and 1 or 2 blue mixed in you sorta need the option to go wthwargaming ? and cop out of the battle because you got 20 minutes left of a bonus perk or free premium left and your not going to waste it on a 45 exp 15 to 1 loss

SuperTankDriver #5 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 03:43

Major

• Players
  • 19985 battles

Technically the tank is dead, and dead tanks can't grant you damage. However, in this case, I think a mechanic could be put in place. Now, this would involve a bit of 'realism', but it's not something really that big. 

In real life, if a tank crew sees a tank, they don't know whether it's destroyed, working, or crewless. They would take the shot to kill it. So, assuming that, I think damage from crewless tank should give you damage to account for above.

Agree?

Griffon327327 #6 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 03:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 68896 battles

as for drowning many players 99.9998 % at least are unaware at end of every battle every dead crewmen only get 50% of the battle exp and drowning kills all crew . that is why a lot of arty shoot a building point blank so they can die and retain full exp for crew. at start of a battle that is going to net you less then 100 exp total saving 14 minutes and sacrificing 50 exp or less is good numbers. dont blame players blame wargaming its their MM that placed them in a no win situation.

in those cases I am most likely going to be cutting people off in search of deep water as well. also I like to think I am denying all those stat [edited]of damage farming that is why i like to sink in deep water unseen so they cant search for me to farm sunken damage or do it when last player and they dont have time to look

Griffon327327 #7 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 03:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 68896 battles

DEAD tanks do grant damage years ago this was not so but these days it does you just dont get the kill unless you were one that pushed him into the lake .. trust me turned blue for this many of times

xrays_ #8 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 04:11

Major

• Players
  • 41964 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostGriffon327327, on Sep 09 2017 - 21:49, said:

DEAD tanks do grant damage. Years ago this was not so, but these days it does - you just dont get the kill unless you were the one that pushed him into the lake.

Please confirm, with evidence, that you are awarded said damage in the post-game report. I have seen, as anyone can, the hit totals coming off a drowned tank as a players shoots it, but I have never seen those values reflected after the game is over. Perhaps that changed recently, but I am positive from my own experience that it didn't count in your totals in the before times.

x.

Alky6 #9 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 04:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3569 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postriff_, on Sep 09 2017 - 18:40, said:

how can you be dead if you have hit points left.

I think it should bleed hit points while drowning and pay full repairs in the garage afterwards.

Griffon327327 #10 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 04:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 68896 battles

not getting the damage from a drowned enemy was 95% of the reason players complained about drowning because it really only meant anything to stat padders and damage farmers for XVM stats as XVM doesn't give 2 chiits about kills only damage

any player with intention of drowning isnt lost in the battle .. you didnt lose a gun he wasn't going to be helping no matter what. whether he drowns and dies immediately or parks in a bush and then gets up and go watches a 30 minute sitcom still ends up with 1 less gun in battle accept you don't waste 5 minutes clicking on the drowned tank to fire at enemy or move unlike the guy parked in a bush but actually away from pc in the bathroom churning one out .

complaining about this is like bots .. nothing will happen because most of the bots you see in game are generated by wargaiming late at night to make you think there is 15k players on at 4 in the morning .... at lower tiers those are wargaming bot programs

the_Deadly_Bulb #11 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 04:40

Captain

• Players
  • 17678 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Drowning is annoying but its fine the way things are.

If a player drives off a cliff they self destruct, if they fire a large HE round at a wall right in front of them same result. If they roll onto their roof, boom.

A few years ago WG instituted a penalty for dereliction. This used to be much more common pre penalty.

These same types of players now exit through self destruction.

When the going gets tough, the fluff gets wet!

What you going to do?

You or anyone else don't deserve any exp or points because some fluffmeister goes flounder in their tank.

The drowner gets an exp penalty for the dead crew anyway. Why you gotta have something too?

The simple solution is to gun them down before they get to the water. :honoring:

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Sep 10 2017 - 04:41.

Boomer_Thorsen #12 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 12:59

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16860 battles
  • [BOTZ] BOTZ
Another reason players self destruct is these 3 arty per team "battles".   Some don't feel like wasting 15 minutes being a mobile arty target and just take a quick exit hoping for an actual tank battle in the next round.  This is just one more example of how WG's implementation of arty corrupts the game and runs players off.

xrays_ #13 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 15:48

Major

• Players
  • 41964 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostBoomer_Thorsen, on Sep 10 2017 - 06:59, said:

Another reason players self destruct is these 3 arty per team "battles".   Some don't feel like wasting 15 minutes being a mobile arty target...

I see multiple artillery on the enemy team as simply a need to use different tactics on the battlefield.

If you can't figure that out, maybe the game is too hard for you?

x.

misterwit #14 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 20:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12674 battles
  • [NOKAP] NOKAP

I convert into submarine mode when I look up and notice somehow 2/3 of my team killed themselves before 4 minutes of gameplay has passed. If I can't have a rule that forces people to learn how to play before hopping in tiers 8+, I don't want a rule that forces me to do my best.

Either we're all responsible for doing our best for the good of the team or no one is. WG loves the freedom to make the wrong choice and as long as they're willing to let little timmy lock in his E100 and go sniping at the cap circle, I can drown my tank and expedite the loss of a match my teammates have decided to abandon. I want no part in a game that shackles good players to dead weight.

Blue___Phoenix #15 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 09:52

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11856 battles
  • [PHX2] PHX2

View Postxrays_, on Sep 10 2017 - 04:11, said:

Please confirm, with evidence, that you are awarded said damage in the post-game report. I have seen, as anyone can, the hit totals coming off a drowned tank as a players shoots it, but I have never seen those values reflected after the game is over. Perhaps that changed recently, but I am positive from my own experience that it didn't count in your totals in the before times.

x.

I provided a replay as part of the post. This is PROOF that damaging a sunken tank DOES NOT give you the XP at the end of the battle

Edited by Blue___Phoenix, Sep 12 2017 - 09:52.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users