Morons

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

BasilBarfly01 #1 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 15:11

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9385 battles
  • [MUG-D] MUG-D

Wow, I ground my way up to Tier IX and got an E75, then ground that to get the top gun upgrade and what have I found so far?  The gun is useless unless I pay to win and most of the players are totally useless.  I have come across so far, just about every game I have tried playing, I get stuck with every screen licking, glue sniffing, crayon eating, morons that have surprised me.  I really thought that if players had the tenacity to stick with the game and get to Tier IX that their quality of playing would be far superior, however, I am finding that their are the proportion of morons are even higher than at lower tiers.

Now if this upsets your primitive little world, feel free to cry in your cornflakes.  I dont care about stats or how bad a player I am compared with you.  When it comes to game play, I am no worse that any of the morons found in these high level games.

Basil

NiteDog #2 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 15:13

Major

• Players
  • 26424 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

Familiar Quote?

"It's hard to soar like an Eagle when you are surrounded by Turkeys... "

BasilBarfly01 #3 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 15:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9385 battles
  • [MUG-D] MUG-D
So true

Kerosedge #4 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 15:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17060 battles
  • [HCK] HCK

Your damage per game is 677, that is 2 shots per game with that gun, which is a great gun.

Well, actually 1 and 1/2 shots per game.

Edited by Kerosedge, Sep 10 2017 - 15:25.

NiteDog #5 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 15:25

Major

• Players
  • 26424 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

View PostBasilBarfly01, on Sep 10 2017 - 06:21, said:

So true

The only thing I can tell you is to seek help from better players. Guido1212 has helped me considerably. You can submit your replays to him and he will do a Replay Analysis of your game-play. Good Hunting!

Bolted_On #6 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 15:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 54980 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU

View PostBasilBarfly01, on Sep 10 2017 - 14:11, said:

When it comes to game play, I am no worse that any of the morons found in these high level games.

Basil

I have no words.....   :facepalm:

Raxter54 #7 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 15:30

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5146 battles
Yeah, it's terrible when the other players on your team don't listen to your obviously brilliant game strategy and do something different.  They're obviously morons for not recognizing your genius...

_Kradok_ #8 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 15:39

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21847 battles
  • [LUL] LUL

View PostRaxter54, on Sep 10 2017 - 09:30, said:

Yeah, it's terrible when the other players on your team don't listen to your obviously brilliant game strategy and do something different.  They're obviously morons for not recognizing your genius...

I snickered. 

BasilBarfly01 #9 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 15:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9385 battles
  • [MUG-D] MUG-D

View PostRaxter54, on Sep 11 2017 - 00:00, said:

I am not saying I am a genius.  What I was hoping for was to find the geniuses at this level to teach me.  A major disappointment.

strenfoo #10 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 15:40

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11494 battles
  • [C_NTS] C_NTS

View PostBasilBarfly01, on Sep 10 2017 - 08:11, said:

Wow, I ground my way up to Tier IX and got an E75, then ground that to get the top gun upgrade and what have I found so far?  The gun is useless unless I pay to win and most of the players are totally useless.  I have come across so far, just about every game I have tried playing, I get stuck with every screen licking, glue sniffing, crayon eating, morons that have surprised me.  I really thought that if players had the tenacity to stick with the game and get to Tier IX that their quality of playing would be far superior, however, I am finding that their are the proportion of morons are even higher than at lower tiers.

Now if this upsets your primitive little world, feel free to cry in your cornflakes.  I dont care about stats or how bad a player I am compared with you.  When it comes to game play, I am no worse that any of the morons found in these high level games.

You really don't see the irony of your post?

_Tsavo #11 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 15:42

Major

• Players
  • 37178 battles
  • [DIMBO] DIMBO

View PostBasilBarfly01, on Sep 10 2017 - 09:11, said:

Basil

this attitude will prevent you from improving and doom you to forever be a poor player

riff_ #12 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 15:42

Major

• Players
  • 25121 battles

Basil

Now that was... truly priceless.

_Kradok_ #13 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 15:42

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21847 battles
  • [LUL] LUL

View PostBasilBarfly01, on Sep 10 2017 - 09:40, said:

I am not saying I am a genius.  What I was hoping for was to find the geniuses at this level to teach me.  A major disappointment.

translated - I don't care what you ***holes think. I want you ***holes to teach me, but I don't care.

How'd I do?

riff_ #14 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 15:45

Major

• Players
  • 25121 battles

View PostRaxter54, on Sep 10 2017 - 09:30, said:

View PostBasilBarfly01, on Sep 10 2017 - 09:40, said:

Basil

Nope.  That is not what you posted.  If you wanted help all you had to was ask for it.

riff_ #15 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 15:50

Major

• Players
  • 25121 battles

This is from the Op's WOT's clan page.

"We are a global online multi-game community for mature PC gamers with a professional attitude. We have consistently strive to provided our members with a great fraternal atmosphere without the typical politics and drama that occurs in most clans. We think it’s time to expect more from gaming online. We offer currently a Seven Divisions in World of Tanks."

I guess that does not translate to the forum.

OP, as NiteDog posted, read this:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/366977-thoughts-at-37k/

Urabouttudie #16 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 16:28

Captain

• Players
  • 18713 battles

Typical BS Wargaming forum troll response...ignore the OP's entirely relevant point because of stats...

The OP made the point that the player base's skill level does not increase with tier advancement. This is entirely true. It makes no difference whether the OP "gits gud" as all of you are clamoring to response in predictable fashion....regardless whether he improves, the point he makes is still valid.

And it IS an issue...there is no end game content to strive for in this game. There is absolutely no valid reason, outside of personal satisfaction, for improving at this game. You are not rewarded in any fashion and are generally singled out in-game and targeted more often simply due to the fact that you hare the better player on a given team.

So all you guys poo poo the OP's stats instead of acknowledging his point while people keep moving on to other games...

stay classy!

tod914 #17 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 16:29

Captain

• Players
  • 49276 battles
  • [RDNKS] RDNKS

View PostNiteDog, on Sep 10 2017 - 09:13, said:

Familiar Quote?

"It's hard to soar like an Eagle when you are surrounded by Turkeys... "

NiteDog hit the nail on the head.  Now to expound on this thought, If your going to be surrounded by Turkeys...

Spoiler

rich73 #18 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 16:34

Major

• Players
  • 42940 battles
You directed the title at the players when it should be directed to the developers.

Ironclad73 #19 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 16:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 17250 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostBasilBarfly01, on Sep 10 2017 - 06:11, said:

Wow, I ground my way up to Tier IX and got an E75, then ground that to get the top gun upgrade and what have I found so far?  The gun is useless unless I pay to win and most of the players are totally useless. 

Basil

OP, you are not ready for tier 10 yet, or even tier 8. Go back to tier 5 - 6 and start working on the basics and possibly crews. When you can get your winrate consistently at least 48% or better, start working your way up but stop anytime you aren't holding that.  Your problem is you don't realize who most your teammates think the "moron" really is. 

I speak from experience, I went up too high before I was ready also but instead of calling my teammates names I looked at what I was doing and actually started working on getting better rather than blaming my teammates and dropped back for a while.

BasilBarfly01 #20 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 16:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9385 battles
  • [MUG-D] MUG-D

View PostIronclad73, on Sep 11 2017 - 01:05, said:

OP, you are not ready for tier 10 yet, or even tier 8. Go back to tier 5 - 6 and start working on the basics and possibly crews. When you can get your winrate consistently at least 48% or better, start working your way up but stop anytime you aren't holding that.  Your problem is you don't realize who most your teammates think the "moron" really is. 

I speak from experience, I went up too high before I was ready also but instead of calling my teammates names I looked at what I was doing and actually started working on getting better rather than blaming my teammates and dropped back for a while.

Generally I play Tiers 4-7, but I thought I would grind one tank to get up and play in the big leagues.  As I stated, my personal stats are irrelevant.  Its not about how good I could become.  The point of this was to say how disappointing it was to finally get up with the big boys only to find out they are self centered, camping, egotistical about their WN8 morons, who don't understand the concept of a minimap or never travelling alone then crying for help when you are being shot at.  I really thought that the top tier players had a fundamental understanding of the concepts, but I haven't found this yet.

Edited by BasilBarfly01, Sep 10 2017 - 16:41.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users