• -Players-
  • 30227 battles
Hate all MUG clã :angry:

QuicksilverJPR #22 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 16:47

Major

• Players
  • 21032 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

OP, you need to learn the basics of the game before advancing up the line as far as you are. 

You need to know the maps (where to go and what to take there), you need to know how to operate your tank once you get it into the right position, then you need to learn to actually use the mini-map to redeploy if the opposing team does not initially deploy as you thought they would.  On top of that, you need to also know what ammo to use on which opponents, and whom to shoot and when to shoot.

It honestly looks like you lack knowledge in all of those departments. 

poppavein #23 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 16:47

Captain

• Players
  • 23421 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

With all the personal reserves speeding advancement, it isn't surprising that many people have rushed to upper tiers before they are ready. 

That isnt going to change. 

CovingtonBear #24 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 16:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 23141 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA
The gun on the E75 is fantastic.  You should rarely have to use premium ammo in it.  Take some time and learn where to aim.

Bogart1943 #25 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 17:08

Captain

• Players
  • 26358 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostBasilBarfly01, on Sep 10 2017 - 06:40, said:

I am not saying I am a genius.  What I was hoping for was to find the geniuses at this level to teach me.  A major disappointment.

​Not to sound condescending but teaching at this level should be over and honing is what should be happening here.  If you are looking for someone to teach you how to play, maybe you moved up too quickly and need to backtrack a little?

Nunya_000 #26 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 17:10

Major

• Players
  • 20656 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostUrabouttudie, on Sep 10 2017 - 07:28, said:

The OP made the point that the player base's skill level does not increase with tier advancement. This is entirely true. It makes no difference whether the OP "gits gud" as all of you are clamoring to response in predictable fashion....regardless whether he improves, the point he makes is still valid.

But when the OP is proof positive of his own complaint, it falls into the realm of irony.

Nonamanadus #27 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 17:11

Major

• Players
  • 23771 battles
  • [HBG] HBG
All levels of tiers suffer from bad teams/henoius players, grinding that far up you should have realized that.

Burning_Haggis #28 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 17:19

Captain

• Players
  • 39723 battles
  • [-BTU-] -BTU-

438 wn8 calling people morons? bahahah...

I recognize OP's name, I am sure I can come up with a couple of replays with him acting the fool in game chat enough he got to join "the list of fame"

JOSEPHINEISH #29 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 17:21

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17897 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM
I

View PostBasilBarfly01, on Sep 10 2017 - 10:41, said:

Generally I play Tiers 4-7, but I thought I would grind one tank to get up and play in the big leagues.  As I stated, my personal stats are irrelevant.  Its not about how good I could become.  The point of this was to say how disappointing it was to finally get up with the big boys only to find out they are self centered, camping, egotistical about their WN8 morons, who don't understand the concept of a minimap or never travelling alone then crying for help when you are being shot at.  I really thought that the top tier players had a fundamental understanding of the concepts, but I haven't found this yet.

​HA HA just wait till tier X!Just so you know maybe my personal experience I don't think there egotistical about there wn8 most of them don't have one.:teethhappy::justwait::izmena:

Burning_Haggis #30 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 17:24

Captain

• Players
  • 39723 battles
  • [-BTU-] -BTU-

And by the way... I call BS on you "grinding" up to the big gun.  It takes 46Kish to unlock it, and you have only managed 32K total on that tank.   

Free-xping and grinding are two different things.

F0R_M07H3R_RU5514 #31 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 17:43

Major

• Players
  • 43428 battles
  • [MCHNR] MCHNR

I hear you, OP.  A significant problem with the progression mechanism is, given time, even the worst of the worst can eventually be carried to high tiers, even though they haven't enough grasp of the game to deserve to get past tier 5.

:facepalm:

Rocketmandb #32 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 17:43

Captain

• Players
  • 46071 battles
  • [CARTE] CARTE

View PostBasilBarfly01, on Sep 10 2017 - 14:11, said:

Wow, I ground my way up to Tier IX and got an E75, then ground that to get the top gun upgrade and what have I found so far?  The gun is useless unless I pay to win and most of the players are totally useless.  I have come across so far, just about every game I have tried playing, I get stuck with every screen licking, glue sniffing, crayon eating, morons that have surprised me.  I really thought that if players had the tenacity to stick with the game and get to Tier IX that their quality of playing would be far superior, however, I am finding that their are the proportion of morons are even higher than at lower tiers.

Now if this upsets your primitive little world, feel free to cry in your cornflakes.  I dont care about stats or how bad a player I am compared with you.  When it comes to game play, I am no worse that any of the morons found in these high level games.

Basil

OP, I'd suggest that if you're looking to get better, coming to the forums and bemoaning all the morons that exist in upper tiers is not the way to do it. However, I will say that you are correct. There are a lot of morons that play this game. At upper tiers you get a higher percentage of better players, and fewer morons, but they do exist. 

Now, I looked at your stats, and I'm going to make some observations. Some may sound harsh, or berating, but that is not the intent. 

- First, your overall win rate is very poor at 46.6%. However, your recent win rate is approaching the server average. You're not quite there (47.9%), but your win rate has been going up. Right now, however, you are a detriment to your team in comparison to the average player. 

- Your most played tank is also one of your worst (Tiger). As a matter of fact, you are very bad in the Tiger. Your win rate is only 43%. You manage less than a kill every two games, and your average damage per game is only 523, meaning you're averaging roughly 1/3 of your hit points in damage dealt. This needs to be much higher. Why is this tank so bad for you? More on that in a second.

- Your best played tank is the PzB2. You have a 51.78% win rate in it, and more than one kill per game. First off, stop playing this tank. Because it's always top tier, and is decently well armored, it breeds bad habits. It has a low damage, high rate of fire gun, so you don't tend to peek-a-boo with it. Rather, you pull up, start shooting, and rely on your armor to keep you alive longer than the guy you're shooting at. This type of play is 100% not what you want to do as you go up in tiers. Again, stop playing it, and stop playing other heavy tanks as if you're playing the B2. This is likely one of the reasons why you're so bad at the Tiger. The Tiger has no armor. You're likely pulling out to shoot your fast firing gun, sitting there, and getting owned. Also, I'd recommend for right now to stop playing the Tiger as well. It is not a forgiving tank when played incorrectly. 

- To back up the above assertion, let's look at other tanks similar to the B2, as well as opposite to it. You're better at the O-I and T29, Both have good armor and are much more forgiving. Tanks you're quite bad at include the aforementioned Tiger, Vk3601, PzIV, Leo, M6, Strv74, T-28, DW-2. None of those have much, if any, armor to speak of. 

So, my guess is that you tend to push out to get shots off without much care if you get shot back. If there was one thing I'd tell you to concentrate on, it's to be far more cautious when move to take a shot. Think about where the enemy tanks are, and what tanks are going to be shooting you if you move. The longer you survive, the more shots you get. The more shots, the more damage you do. The more damage, the more you help your team win.

LeaveIT2Beaver #33 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 17:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 27988 battles
  • [BRIG] BRIG

I read this twice and i feel extremely guilty. To think that I could have ever talked like this to total strangers about something as inane as a pixel game saddens me.You are the shining beacon of what is wrong with the game community and I thank you for the wake-up call. I will always try my best, and have to take it on faith that other players are doing the same thing. I think that will work better for me.

I am vowing to never have this toxic, immature, self-serving outlook ever   no matter what. Even of your W8 is 5500 and your win rate 97%, you will always be a loser with your attitude. And that is what is so sad. :(

View PostBasilBarfly01, on Sep 10 2017 - 09:11, said:

Wow, I ground my way up to Tier IX and got an E75, then ground that to get the top gun upgrade and what have I found so far?  The gun is useless unless I pay to win and most of the players are totally useless.  I have come across so far, just about every game I have tried playing, I get stuck with every screen licking, glue sniffing, crayon eating, morons that have surprised me.  I really thought that if players had the tenacity to stick with the game and get to Tier IX that their quality of playing would be far superior, however, I am finding that their are the proportion of morons are even higher than at lower tiers.

Now if this upsets your primitive little world, feel free to cry in your cornflakes.  I dont care about stats or how bad a player I am compared with you.  When it comes to game play, I am no worse that any of the morons found in these high level games.

Basil

moogleslam #34 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 18:07

Major

• Players
  • 27366 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A
Step 1.  Realize that it's you who is bad.  Bad where you're probably the worst player on your team in most battles.  Then once you take responsibility for that, you can move onto Step 2. which is finding ways to improve, and in your case, there's a LOT.

I_QQ_4_U #35 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 18:16

Captain

• -Players-
  • 12735 battles
Judging by your stats I'm sure a lot of players are saying the exact same thing about you in most of your games.

I_QQ_4_U #36 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 18:20

Captain

• -Players-
  • 12735 battles

View PostUrabouttudie, on Sep 10 2017 - 16:28, said:

So all you guys poo poo the OP's stats instead of acknowledging his point while people keep moving on to other games...

If someone posts a message that says, "yur alls illitrate idoits", you don't think people are going to call him on his spelling?

I don't call people on their stats unless it illustrates the irony of their comment and his just about bot level stats are pure irony considering to him it's everyone else fault that he sucks.

8_Hussars #37 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 18:51

Sergeant

• Players
  • 42517 battles
  • [SHIRE] SHIRE

View PostBasilBarfly01, on Sep 10 2017 - 08:41, said:

Generally I play Tiers 4-7, but I thought I would grind one tank to get up and play in the big leagues.  As I stated, my personal stats are irrelevant.  Its not about how good I could become.  The point of this was to say how disappointing it was to finally get up with the big boys only to find out they are self centered, camping, egotistical about their WN8 morons, who don't understand the concept of a minimap or never travelling alone then crying for help when you are being shot at.  I really thought that the top tier players had a fundamental understanding of the concepts, but I haven't found this yet.

First, there are good and great players at all levels and yes bad and toxic players at all levels.  Which do you choose to be?

Stats only reflect the "weight" of your opinions on matters of the game, players trust proven performers over pubbies.  Thus your opinion and analysis of what you found in T9 games a little suspect (replays reveal all).  One could argue that you have not developed enough as a player to properly assess what those others were doing. 

Attitude trumps ability... and until you are able to accept your performance is what matters and move outside "your" concept of how to play the game (because there are better strats and personal play) then it will be difficult improving.

And there is nothing wrong in asking nicely... rather than being a toxic s$%^&*er

http://wotreplays.eu...s-lgnl97-t110e5

I just watched this replay that includes you in your E-75 on the enemy team.  Kudos for going to the right area.  You took unnecessary damage getting to the brawl zone.  You chose to drive/poke out sideways against multiple guns and ate 3-4 track and damage shots and was farmed.  Astonishingly, that is the sort of play your OP accuses others of...  Not sure why you did not burn a kit or have a better repair speed but I am sure someone would volunteer to go over tank and crew set up with you and then go over angling and side scraping, and hitting weak spots.

http://wotreplays.eu...b-lorraine_40_t

In this one you took your Emil 1 as part of a big overmatch to the delta village on Ruinburg and then basically camped in two spots (one arty UNSAFE) for 5 minutes until your death (with 0 damage) while the village was lost.  It was hard to see but you need to learn to use terrain, recognize hull down, manage exposure, and use the turret armour to trade well with your clip.

http://wotreplays.eu...arfly01-matilda

I even watched your Koblanov's game.  Kudos again for going to the right spot initially.  You were a little late in recognizing the impending cap pressure but returned to base in time.  The biggest issue I saw in the replay is that your zoom goes past 8X.  When you over zoom in, it is extremely easy to lose situational awareness which you obviously do a few times.  Further, trying to track targets when zoomed in that far and targets are close leads to many missed shots and overshooting with the reticle.  That is one thing I would work on, get used to playing zoomed out, and use zoom to aim for weakspots and snipe and avoid trying to track close targets zoomed in that much.

Edited by 8_Hussars, Sep 10 2017 - 19:40.

ArmorStorm #38 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 19:05

Major

• Players
  • 32835 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostBasilBarfly01, on Sep 10 2017 - 08:11, said:

Basil

The problem is that you are no better than the guys you are calling morons.  

Sgt__Guffy #39 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 19:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1510 battles

So the OP gets to tier nine before he discovers others playing standard is not up to his expectations. So the indications when he reached tier seven were not there? If the OP is that brilliant a player why is he playing randoms? Is the seal clubbing not quite going to plan! Play Team Battles instead!

Have fun, keeping it real.

Guffy.

Edited by Sgt__Guffy, Sep 10 2017 - 20:03.

_Brew_ #40 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 20:13

Captain

• Players
  • 16496 battles
  • [RELSH] RELSH

Block Quote

I really thought that if players had the tenacity to stick with the game and get to Tier IX that their quality of playing would be far superior...

...  I ground my way up to Tier IX and got an E75

Block Quote

got an E75, then ground that to get the top gun upgrade and what have I found so far?  The gun is useless unless I pay to win

Block Quote

I dont care about stats or how bad a player I am compared with you.  When it comes to game play, I am no worse that any of the morons found in these high level games.

Seems like you already know why there are so many bad players at higher tiers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users