Jump to content


How to remove arty from the game without refunding arty players


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
67 replies to this topic

Eisenriese #21 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 19:18

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 10571 battles
  • 382
  • Member since:
    11-24-2016

View PostThornir, on Sep 10 2017 - 17:16, said:

 

well that would be the end of CB or digging out hull down heavies. Other tanks take 1/3 why is it wrong for arty? Don't fuss about indirect fire and then make a suggestion that would kill the ability to do CB 

 

​OK you sir about made me spit out my ice tea. You cant be serious!? Thinking that red line chimp arty players even TRY to CB. LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! Holy crap man this is the funniest thing I have read on the forums all day!! I ask arty every battle to try at least one CB to support slower tanks. I even point out what grid to look at so they can find their counterpart chimps gun tracers. I even let my chimps know when the enemy chimp fires. Guess what?! the chimp on my team still shoot at the enemy lowest tier mediums or tanks that are nearly dead. 

 

Arty is a joke. A very bad joke. 



tanopasman62 #22 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 19:19

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 12945 battles
  • 1,802
  • Member since:
    12-13-2016
They already did that: It's called wot blitz.

Shortcult #23 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 20:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 30560 battles
  • 4,027
  • Member since:
    08-21-2012

View Postv_i_c_e, on Sep 10 2017 - 07:37, said:

This is to wargaming--

 

To remove arty, simply allow a check box for matchmaking that says "play with arty" --- this way arty players can play with whomever wants to play with them, and war gaming doesn't need to refund anything to people who invested in these arty tanks.

 

obviously a refund scenario is the major holdback from ever changing arty, so this is why i made a realistic proposition. 

 

Not a complete solution, but I like where your going.

Shortcult #24 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 20:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 30560 battles
  • 4,027
  • Member since:
    08-21-2012

View PostViper69, on Sep 10 2017 - 07:41, said:

I think anyone who owns an artillery piece should have to play against artillery all the time and those of us who don't own them anymore or never have owned them get preferential non artillery included matches ;). Although it will add yet another algorithm to the already taxed match maker on the NA server.

 

Simple as X=0.  Already coded to limit number of arty per match.

Shortcult #25 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 20:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 30560 battles
  • 4,027
  • Member since:
    08-21-2012

View PostMr_RentAKill, on Sep 10 2017 - 08:27, said:

 

I think this is a fantastic idea! 
While we're at it, I would also like a box to check that allows me never to have a bottom tier battle.  
Also, a box that would prevent invisible tanks from shooting at me would also be great.  
Perhaps a box to prevent opponents from shooting gold ammo as well.

 

If you think these ideas sound stupid, now you realize how this suggestion sounds.  

 

Quite right.  We should remove the boxes for assault and encounter modes also.

 

Then when your whiny butt quits over it we can all band together to wave bye to you.  'Bye Felicia!'



Apache1990 #26 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 20:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 32210 battles
  • 6,196
  • [ATKRE] ATKRE
  • Member since:
    06-16-2011

View PostSensei_101, on Sep 10 2017 - 11:26, said:

Just make a Drop Down box:

 

No Arty

No Premiums

No Paris Map

No Bottom Tier

No Unicums

No Seal Clubber Platoons

No Gold rounds

No Whiners

 

I thought no unicums was already implemented, hardly see them anymore.

(Come back!)



Shortcult #27 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 20:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 30560 battles
  • 4,027
  • Member since:
    08-21-2012

View PostTahllol, on Sep 10 2017 - 09:50, said:

 

Better suggestion perma IP ban all the idiots constantly complaining about the ARTY because they like to sit in 1 spot and snipe instead of move around so the big bad arty can't touch them easily.

 

Don't arty sit and snipe?  Oh, your the exception, got it.

_Kradok_ #28 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 20:41

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 22265 battles
  • 580
  • [LUL] LUL
  • Member since:
    10-09-2014

View PostEisenriese, on Sep 10 2017 - 13:18, said:

 

​OK you sir about made me spit out my ice tea. You cant be serious!? Thinking that red line chimp arty players even TRY to CB. LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! Holy crap man this is the funniest thing I have read on the forums all day!! I ask arty every battle to try at least one CB to support slower tanks. I even point out what grid to look at so they can find their counterpart chimps gun tracers. I even let my chimps know when the enemy chimp fires. Guess what?! the chimp on my team still shoot at the enemy lowest tier mediums or tanks that are nearly dead. 

 

Arty is a joke. A very bad joke. 

 

Maybe we just don't like you.

_Kradok_ #29 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 20:43

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 22265 battles
  • 580
  • [LUL] LUL
  • Member since:
    10-09-2014

View PostShortcult, on Sep 10 2017 - 14:30, said:

 

Quite right.  We should remove the boxes for assault and encounter modes also.

 

Then when your whiny butt quits over it we can all band together to wave bye to you.  'Bye Felicia!'

 

WE?

 

Dude...you've not played in over 2 MONTHS...



TheGipper22 #30 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 20:48

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 23955 battles
  • 926
  • [SXN-8] SXN-8
  • Member since:
    10-21-2010

View PostShortcult, on Sep 10 2017 - 11:27, said:

 

Simple as X=0.  Already coded to limit number of arty per match.

 

This is probably true -

 

I would limit them to 2 a match if it were my choice and I wouldn't want 2 in every match.. only 1/2 the games.

 

Still, I don't think the current situation is out of hand :

  • we only see 3 arties in a low fraction of battles >> My estimate is that only 1/4 battles have 3 arty .. maybe less
  • I'd guess that another 1/4 of games have no arties in them (Maybe its 1/5th but still, it isn't unusual to see a game or two games without arties if you play a handful or so of games)

 

So - if you don't like arties or you'd like to see the maximum reduced you're still seeing a bunch of games your way (especially the reduced option)

You can't ALWAYS get what you want... but you Can and Do get what you want some of the time.


Edited by TheGipper22, Sep 10 2017 - 20:50.


Shammalammadingdong #31 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 21:02

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 27304 battles
  • 499
  • [F-J] F-J
  • Member since:
    06-13-2011

View Postv_i_c_e, on Sep 10 2017 - 08:37, said:

This is to wargaming--

 

To remove arty, simply allow a check box for matchmaking that says "play with arty" --- this way arty players can play with whomever wants to play with them, and war gaming doesn't need to refund anything to people who invested in these arty tanks.

 

obviously a refund scenario is the major holdback from ever changing arty, so this is why i made a realistic proposition. 

 

Realistic... right.  Because it COULD happen.  Then, they're sure to include box's that says "play with swedish death snipers", Play with russian hard top mediums, play with lights and play with Foch B. 

Addictid2chaos #32 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 21:02

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 8119 battles
  • 93
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ
  • Member since:
    06-23-2014

View PostJRingo20, on Sep 10 2017 - 13:08, said:

:teethhappy::teethhappy::D...No.

 

I applaud to your signature :)

Shortcult #33 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 21:04

    Major

  • Players
  • 30560 battles
  • 4,027
  • Member since:
    08-21-2012

View Post_Kradok_, on Sep 10 2017 - 11:43, said:

 

WE?

 

Dude...you've not played in over 2 MONTHS...

 

Thanks you for looking at my record.  See the part where I have multiple arty's?  Two premiums even?

 

I know you have read my suggestion at some point.  Gets kind of frustrating being cast into one camp.  Haters never seem to harangue me, but the apologists defiantly take issue with most anything I post.  I can only conclude, and maybe I am not being open minded enough, that apologists absolutely dread the idea of having players that do not want to play with arty removed from their target list.  If there is another, better explanation, I would love to hear it.

 

My recommendation still stands, one game mode for 90% of the players with arty in it and one competitive game mode with no arty and reduced RNG on 'to hit' rolls.  Got arty in the garage?  Can't select competitive mode.  Cool down period after the selection to keep people from jumping back and forth.  I can not come up with and I have not seen a better idea to make the most players happy.



Shortcult #34 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 21:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 30560 battles
  • 4,027
  • Member since:
    08-21-2012

View PostTheGipper22, on Sep 10 2017 - 11:48, said:

 

This is probably true -

 

I would limit them to 2 a match if it were my choice and I wouldn't want 2 in every match.. only 1/2 the games.

 

Still, I don't think the current situation is out of hand :

  • we only see 3 arties in a low fraction of battles >> My estimate is that only 1/4 battles have 3 arty .. maybe less
  • I'd guess that another 1/4 of games have no arties in them (Maybe its 1/5th but still, it isn't unusual to see a game or two games without arties if you play a handful or so of games)

 

So - if you don't like arties or you'd like to see the maximum reduced you're still seeing a bunch of games your way (especially the reduced option)

You can't ALWAYS get what you want... but you Can and Do get what you want some of the time.

 

Counting it as a Rolling Stones quote.  Well played.

sparango #35 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 21:22

    Captain

  • Players
  • 42056 battles
  • 1,122
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
  • Member since:
    07-13-2013

View PostNudnick, on Sep 10 2017 - 08:09, said:

If they did that arty would have to play with themselves.

Wait. Are we talking about tanks



Dirizon #36 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 21:48

    Major

  • Players
  • 25998 battles
  • 3,532
  • Member since:
    06-05-2011

Posted Image

 

l am sure we are all for this. 95% of us at least. Round up.

l even checked it on already!

 



Sgt__Guffy #37 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 21:59

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 1627 battles
  • 606
  • Member since:
    04-01-2017

OP, I have an even better suggestion. Everyone, when they log in,  has to play ten random games with an arty, getting a minimum of 1000 damage, before they are allowed to play any other vehicles. Oh, if you like, then players can tick that magic little box you suggested! That will make the MM interesting!!

 

 

Now that is what I call punishment. :trollface:

 


Edited by Sgt__Guffy, Sep 10 2017 - 22:00.


Mr_RentAKill #38 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 22:29

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 22683 battles
  • 385
  • Member since:
    02-27-2014

View PostShortcult, on Sep 10 2017 - 19:30, said:

 

Quite right.  We should remove the boxes for assault and encounter modes also.

 

Then when your whiny butt quits over it we can all band together to wave bye to you.  'Bye Felicia!'

 

You do realize my post was dripping in sarcasm, right?

thejoker91 #39 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 22:38

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 18731 battles
  • 6,288
  • [E-50M] E-50M
  • Member since:
    09-23-2010

I think arty should be tweaked to do what it was supposed to do, punish camping and promote movement.

It fails because camping means you wont get hit. 

I think arty should have a big arc that allows it to bypass most cover in the game, at the price of taking roughly 6-10 seconds to hit the mark. So if you get hit, you really werent moving.



Thornir #40 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 23:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 26542 battles
  • 2,195
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011

View PostEisenriese, on Sep 10 2017 - 19:18, said:

 

​OK you sir about made me spit out my ice tea. You cant be serious!? Thinking that red line chimp arty players even TRY to CB. LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! Holy crap man this is the funniest thing I have read on the forums all day!! I ask arty every battle to try at least one CB to support slower tanks. I even point out what grid to look at so they can find their counterpart chimps gun tracers. I even let my chimps know when the enemy chimp fires. Guess what?! the chimp on my team still shoot at the enemy lowest tier mediums or tanks that are nearly dead. 

 

Arty is a joke. A very bad joke. 

 

well, there's a bad joke here for certain.

 

i try to CB. Ever tried it? You.ve got to be looking almost right at the tracer to get a aim point. On a 40 second reload, you can't wait more than two shots before you have to move on to that heavy or blue guy everyone on your team is pinging because he's eating them alive. 

 

You buttheads play this both ways.. try to get their best players and you're XVM sniping. Try CB and you're ignoring team mates requests for help.

 

yeah, there's a bad joke here... looks remarkably like you.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users