feedback

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Eisenriese #21 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 15:33

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9607 battles

View PostThatTrafficCone, on Sep 11 2017 - 02:11, said:

If you ask me, this game needs more mediocre and underwhelming tanks. The idea that new tank that's introduced/rebalanced has to be "better" in some way than its peers is what's ruining the overall balance of this game.

​Game balance was ruin when the IS-3 was released. Or when the "hard top" Russian mediums were. No one will buy mediocre tanks for real money. 

indoctrinated #22 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 16:31

Captain

• Players
  • 20144 battles
It's a Tier 8 medium tank. What did you expect from the worst class in this tier?

Metia #23 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 19:22

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7455 battles

I am not exactly pleased with mine, but I love the gun and low profile.  No reason to be concerned with dpm if half their shots go into the rock you are behind.  

I will say however that the hull armor is *very* misleading, as is the turret armor, Because it rides so low there are a lot more shots hitting towards the top of the turret, and it's top plate can be hit from the front with normal shells.  Most reviews/people playing the tank said side scraping is very doable, but the top plate and "not as pointy as you thought" nose put a pretty big damper on things.

I am not an amazing player, and all in all I probably wish I had not bought the guard, but that is mostly due to the fact that I have been grinding the top of trees and the french td line pre 9.20 and am tired of questionable side armor.  Also as the top plate is so easy to hit from the front, you are able to hit is during side scraping too.  I do honestly think a small tweak so you at least have to fire HE into the turret should be done to the sloping to make it  so 40mm is not the actual value of your frontal armor, that has some spots over 100.

SgtRock52 #24 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 08:17

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15544 battles
  • [BTB] BTB

View PostRIA1911, on Sep 10 2017 - 18:48, said:

From the reviews i saw , basically the STG is a true tier 8 med. , it has it's weaknesses(slow med., hull armor)  and  then a great but slow reload gun.   Most likely the player will make or break this tank, most likely a learning curve for most players.

Plus , i agree with what others players have already said, let others buy the latest greatest tanks, and then see what they say about it.

Very true, not many battles so far but I am still trying to figure out it's roll...except for the turret it is VERY VERY soft

calabacinX #25 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 19:56

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 28213 battles
  • [BAC] BAC

I did buy it mainly because it looks so cool, the reload is slow, but has great accuracy (too great for a russian t8) and very good turret armor, it has a non conventional game style and is not suited at all for rushers or unskilled players.

For me is a fun tank, its cheap rounds with high alpha are just great doing what a Premium tank has to do: Lots of credits, just put 2 rounds on target and you are already making profit. hide your hull as much as possible, this thing has -6 depression and that helps a lot compared with obj 416 for example, its very low profile and very good turret allows you to troll in many corners.

Tier 6 and 7 will suffer a lot with the 390 alpha and 212 pen from this thing., it has also great camo.

I would like it to have some better mobility, maybe it will be buffed in the future.

Kenshin2kx #26 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 20:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 16038 battles

View PostRIA1911, on Sep 10 2017 - 07:48, said:

From the reviews i saw , basically the STG is a true tier 8 med. , it has it's weaknesses(slow med., hull armor)  and  then a great but slow reload gun.   Most likely the player will make or break this tank, most likely a learning curve for most players.

Plus , i agree with what others players have already said, let others buy the latest greatest tanks, and then see what they say about it.

Thing is though, if WG wanted it to be a 'true' Tier 8 medium that is balanced and consistent with the game ... the 122 should be more in line (somewhat faster reload, but also less accurate)  ... it should also have a tad bit more armor especially that deck above the upper front glacis ... I mean 30 mm really?  I mean that's 20 mm armor piercing territory ... granted the rear turret/rear and sides should be less armored ... at least the tank should have similar armor layout for the front (as a compliment to the armor layout of the turret?  The way it stands now, its like a medieval knight dressing in only the top half of his armored suite (with just a loin cloth for modesty)  and charging off to battle.  Heck for that matter, why reverse the tank at all ... given that the turret is fully 360 degrees ... The designers could have made this tank a conventional design and concentrated what little armor it was allotted to the very small (by comparison) rear that would be armored and angled to complement the decently shaped turret ...

Edited by Kenshin2kx, Sep 12 2017 - 21:11.

Br3wer #27 Posted Sep 16 2017 - 05:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 29499 battles
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ

I would agree. Don't waste your money this thing is nothing special. Like all premiums now, you have to use gold rounds for reliable pen and without pref. match making you get your [edited]handed to you.

I couldn't pen a KV-2 without premium so whats the point. So disappointed with this game now.

VooDooKobra #28 Posted Sep 16 2017 - 05:47

Major

• Players
  • 6470 battles
  • [1-185] 1-185

View PostBr3wer, on Sep 15 2017 - 21:31, said:

I would agree. Don't waste your money this thing is nothing special. Like all premiums now, you have to use gold rounds for reliable pen and without pref. match making you get your [edited]handed to you.

I couldn't pen a KV-2 without premium so whats the point. So disappointed with this game now.

you couldnt pen a KV2 with 212 pen on AP?  where did you aim?

Also tagged with feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users