Jump to content


Artillery needs to be removed from the game


  • Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

Beornotns #41 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 00:50

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 20981 battles
  • 1,805
  • [-SCA-] -SCA-
  • Member since:
    08-07-2014

View PostBeanHoleBandit, on Sep 12 2017 - 15:40, said:

I can actually say as much as I hate Arty it is needed

 

This post right here ladies and gentlemen, has all the truth and fact (not always the same thing to different people) needed.  You may not like it, you may not play it, you may never have a need for it, but the developers have it in game, and it is here until the developers remove it.  It has been useful to me for the personal missions and not much else.  But I don't see why I should ruin other people's fun.  And, mind you, the better I get, the more arty focus I get.  And I may curse it in game at the time, but in the end, I must have been stationary, or out of position, or, simply RNG-zuhs had it in for me that match.

 

So, escape to the garage, pick a new tank, and click the Battle Button!

 

Happy Hunting!

 

~B



PFCWilliams #42 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 01:15

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 22633 battles
  • 658
  • Member since:
    08-14-2010

View PostAltwar, on Sep 11 2017 - 15:15, said:

 

Spoken like a checkers player trying to play chess and unhappy that some pieces have different move sets that you are unable to account for.  Let me point out that WoT Blitz has an environment just for you!  No SPGs there so you don't have to be unhappy or associate other players as special needs cases just because of your inability to adapt and overcome.

 

That's a really funny comment.  Because it's Arty that is OBVIOUSLY the checkers.  Why do you think people call them "clickers".  

 

But no, keep telling yourself how smart you are for playing arty. 



Thornir #43 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 12:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 26549 battles
  • 2,198
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011

View PostPFCWilliams, on Sep 13 2017 - 01:15, said:

 

That's a really funny comment.  Because it's Arty that is OBVIOUSLY the checkers.  Why do you think people call them "clickers".  

 

But no, keep telling yourself how smart you are for playing arty. 

 

people call them "clickers" to disparage them, to bully them.  To do exactly what you're trying to do - to try and get them to forgo the opportunity to play the game the way they want, to make it better for you. There are no words for that. None they'll let me use, anyway. 

Sturmgeschut #44 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 12:56

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 8729 battles
  • 806
  • [WARHK] WARHK
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

My favorite thing about arty is getting focused by 3 of those pigs all game and not being able to play my tank.



SOB_Tenato #45 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 13:16

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 18989 battles
  • 264
  • Member since:
    07-28-2014

View PostAltwar, on Sep 11 2017 - 15:15, said:

 

Spoken like a checkers player trying to play chess and unhappy that some pieces have different move sets that you are unable to account for.  Let me point out that WoT Blitz has an environment just for you!  No SPGs there so you don't have to be unhappy or associate other players as special needs cases just because of your inability to adapt and overcome.

 

Stop giving Blitz as an example of SPG free environment. Most of us have invested a lot of time and real money in THIS game. Just recon you all SPG players do it for 2 reasons a) to piss the hell of tank players and b) to really piss the hell of tank players and statpad from safety. Nothing is as rewarding as 1 shooting a skycancer when its tunnelvisionaiming and ram the other next to it :D aaaaah pure pleasure!

SOB_Tenato #46 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 13:20

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 18989 battles
  • 264
  • Member since:
    07-28-2014

View PostThornir, on Sep 13 2017 - 12:29, said:

 

people call them "clickers" to disparage them, to bully them.  To do exactly what you're trying to do - to try and get them to forgo the opportunity to play the game the way they want, to make it better for you. There are no words for that. None they'll let me use, anyway. 

 

The skill level to play it and succeed with SPGs is so low that is the weapon of choice of those with 300ms ping and up. It's the only vehicle playable with heavy lag. So much skill needed indeed. Point->click->hit dirt next to a tank-> xp and silver for "stun". Damn you SPG drivers must be geniuses :trollface:

Komitadjie #47 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 13:36

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 1263 battles
  • 1,191
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
  • Member since:
    11-10-2011
My favorite thing? Blowing the tracks off of all three of those corner-poking heavies at once, then sucking up the tasty, tasty assist damage as my team rolls right over their stunned butts.  

Or, even better, putting one right into the driver's hatch of that TD that thinks he's invincible 'cause he's got a bush to sit behind.  

Alternately, making their tier-10 arty waste half a dozen shells trying to get my cheese wedge by relocating between shots and watching my old bush blow up ten seconds after I left it. Lol

Thornir #48 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 16:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 26549 battles
  • 2,198
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011

View PostSOB_Tenato, on Sep 13 2017 - 13:20, said:

 

The skill level to play it and succeed with SPGs is so low that is the weapon of choice of those with 300ms ping and up. It's the only vehicle playable with heavy lag. So much skill needed indeed. Point->click->hit dirt next to a tank-> xp and silver for "stun". Damn you SPG drivers must be geniuses :trollface:

We are! And since it is so easy, we all have purple stats, too. 

 

And good looking. We're good looking, too.

 

i like how you completely ignored the "term of disparagement " part of my post and stuck with the attempted "intelligence" shaming thing. You guys need better arguments. 



Thornir #49 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 16:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 26549 battles
  • 2,198
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011

View PostSturmgeschut, on Sep 13 2017 - 12:56, said:

My favorite thing about arty is getting focused by 3 of those pigs all game and not being able to play my tank.

 

You're right, of course. You should be allowed to "play your tank". Poor thing. I am sure the arty on your team is letting the other team "play their tanks" too. 

 

Good players can play their tanks with or without arty. What's holding you back?



Thornir #50 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 16:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 26549 battles
  • 2,198
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011

View PostSOB_Tenato, on Sep 13 2017 - 13:16, said:

 

Stop giving Blitz as an example of SPG free environment. Most of us have invested a lot of time and real money in THIS game. Just recon you all SPG players do it for 2 reasons a) to piss the hell of tank players and b) to really piss the hell of tank players and statpad from safety. Nothing is as rewarding as 1 shooting a skycancer when its tunnelvisionaiming and ram the other next to it :D aaaaah pure pleasure!

 

well, I been investing my time and my money for three years longer than you, and I want to play arty. So your wants and needs are not superior to mine now, are they?

 

And i play arty mostly now as an offset to the haters. See you guys on the one hand will brag about how much fun it is to kill an arty, with its lack of cammo, huge size, lack of armor or health points like you're something special, then squeal like stuck pigs if you get caught sitting still like a noob for the 7 plus seconds it takes to hit you with arty. I mean, we aren't good enough to hit you while you're moving, right? No skill and all. So you must be sitting still, right?

 

I guess I play to piss people like you off. Works for me. 



SOB_Tenato #51 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 16:33

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 18989 battles
  • 264
  • Member since:
    07-28-2014

View PostThornir, on Sep 13 2017 - 16:19, said:

 

You're right, of course. You should be allowed to "play your tank". Poor thing. I am sure the arty on your team is letting the other team "play their tanks" too. 

 

Good players can play their tanks with or without arty. What's holding you back?

 

This is where you got it wrong. We don't want arty on either team. Period. As a side note, when "purple spg drivers" (gosh almost puked at writting this lol) are on enemy team, usually our own spg drivers can't hit anything or focus on non strategical targets... Is it so hard WG to put on a checkbox "play games without spg only" in settings? (as we can choose battle modes?) I don't care waiting a couple more minutes on queue as long as my game is skycancer-free and fun :trollface:



SOB_Tenato #52 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 16:37

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 18989 battles
  • 264
  • Member since:
    07-28-2014

View PostThornir, on Sep 13 2017 - 16:26, said:

I guess I play to piss people like you off. Works for me. 

 

And the truth finally see the light :trollface:



Altwar #53 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 16:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 50396 battles
  • 2,287
  • [A-F] A-F
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View PostSOB_Tenato, on Sep 13 2017 - 04:16, said:

 

Stop giving Blitz as an example of SPG free environment. Most of us have invested a lot of time and real money in THIS game. Just recon you all SPG players do it for 2 reasons a) to piss the hell of tank players and b) to really piss the hell of tank players and statpad from safety. Nothing is as rewarding as 1 shooting a skycancer when its tunnelvisionaiming and ram the other next to it :D aaaaah pure pleasure!

 

I'd respond if I knew what the heck you are saying.  You started off decently and soon became unintelligible, so I am not sure what it is you were trying to say.

 

That being said, just because you spent a lot of money in the game doesn't mean you get it your way.  And you are not the only one who has put coin in the game or large amounts of time, not by a long shot.  So you aren't any more special in that respect than any others.

 

Let's see, you refer to something about playing to upset people.  Hardly.  Play to win, play to have fun, play the game to the fullest; this is what I do.  I play all classes; SPG play is 4th most out of the 5 classes in terms of number of battles.  But even if it was 1st, the idea is the same.  I play within the parameters of the game, and disregard the attempts to shame anyone who wants to play an SPG.



SOB_Tenato #54 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 16:48

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 18989 battles
  • 264
  • Member since:
    07-28-2014

View PostAltwar, on Sep 13 2017 - 16:39, said:

 

I'd respond if I knew what the heck you are saying.  You started off decently and soon became unintelligible, so I am not sure what it is you were trying to say.

 

That being said, just because you spent a lot of money in the game doesn't mean you get it your way.  And you are not the only one who has put coin in the game or large amounts of time, not by a long shot.  So you aren't any more special in that respect than any others.

 

Let's see, you refer to something about playing to upset people.  Hardly.  Play to win, play to have fun, play the game to the fullest; this is what I do.  I play all classes; SPG play is 4th most out of the 5 classes in terms of number of battles.  But even if it was 1st, the idea is the same.  I play within the parameters of the game, and disregard the attempts to shame anyone who wants to play an SPG.

 

Problems reading your own language? ok long story short: SPG players play to pissoff tank drivers. That or to be able to play with bad internet connection, or just to be able to do damage without exposing themselves to enemy fire.  Regarding Blitz... it keeps popping up everytime we ask for arty removal of the game. I won't (AND i THINK NOONE ELSE WOULD) start a grind from scratch, on a game that looks like crap, or have my money and time thrown away because some SPG driver say so. I'd rather keep asking for a chance to play without SPG in this game. You got it now?

 

 



nicodeimous #55 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 17:34

    Major

  • Players
  • 29957 battles
  • 2,384
  • [7-BDR] 7-BDR
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

View PostPFCWilliams, on Sep 10 2017 - 23:21, said:

Tier 8 Su-14-2 hit my Grille 15 for 1,167 in a single shot and hit an AMX 30 b for 1000 plus in the same match.

 

Tier 8 doing 1000+ damage to tier 10's.....

 

 

Please tell me more how arty has been..."nerfed".

 

 

 

Cool story bro - how often does that happen.  Once or twice in a rare sequence of events.  I can count 5 time I have dealt over 900 damage [yep I keep a notepad o.O]

 

Tier 7 M12 88 Battles 893 Average Damage [pre 9.18] 27.84% HR

Tier 8 M40 143 Battles 1224 Average Damage 2 Hits for over 900 [CDC and Leopard 1] 30.32% HR

Tier 9 M53 135 Battles 1514 Average Damage 1 Hit for over 900 [Udes] 29.34% HR

Tier 10 T92 53 Battles 1522 Average Damage 2 Hits for over 900 [Emil I and CDC] 29.32% HR

 

A quick look at the average damage would show a much higher average if the logic of hard hits all the time held true.  The average though isn't nearly that high.  Taking isolated incidents of extreme potential does not set the rule for the class in general. 

 



Icktor #56 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 17:58

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 151 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    11-10-2016
Just give us a arty-free mode,   and lets see how many people want to play with arty.

Altwar #57 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 18:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 50396 battles
  • 2,287
  • [A-F] A-F
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View PostSOB_Tenato, on Sep 13 2017 - 07:48, said:

 

Problems reading your own language?  ok long story short: SPG players play to pissoff tank drivers. That or to be able to play with bad internet connection, or just to be able to do damage without exposing themselves to enemy fire.  Regarding Blitz... it keeps popping up everytime we ask for arty removal of the game. I won't (AND i THINK NOONE ELSE WOULD) start a grind from scratch, on a game that looks like crap, or have my money and time thrown away because some SPG driver say so. I'd rather keep asking for a chance to play without SPG in this game. You got it now?

 

 

 

  • Problems reading my own language you ask?  

Rarely are the comments I make on this forum that approach the scramble of words you had made on the post I replied to. 

  • SPG players play to upset tank drivers?

So you claim to know the mind of those who play SPGs then?  I think I already spoke to this and demonstrared otherwise.  But I would hazard a guess and say that there are some SPG players who are tired of the bullying, name calling and condescending behavior shown to them and will take some extra joy now and then of shooting tank drivers, much as tank drivers may enjoy finding that SPG and destroying it in turn, minus the aforementioned reasons I've given for SPG players.

  • Bad internet connections? 

Mine works just and is definitely not a reason that SPGs are my 4th most played class

  • WoT Blitz and a grind from scratch

You are the one who came here years later and want the game changed to your desire while depriving other players of the full game experience had since it started.  How about you adjusting to the game or failing that, move to one that is already set up as your desired play?



Clickez4Fun #58 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 18:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 30467 battles
  • 2,235
  • [A-F] A-F
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

View PostSOB_Tenato, on Sep 13 2017 - 04:16, said:

 

Stop giving Blitz as an example of SPG free environment. Most of us have invested a lot of time and real money in THIS game. Just recon you all SPG players do it for 2 reasons a) to piss the hell of tank players and b) to really piss the hell of tank players and statpad from safety. Nothing is as rewarding as 1 shooting a skycancer when its tunnelvisionaiming and ram the other next to it :D aaaaah pure pleasure!

 

I hope you aren't expecting a return on your investment, other than entertainment value. If you do, I have some investments you may be interested in. Of course, with a nominal commission to be paid directly to me. :arta:

 

View PostSOB_Tenato, on Sep 13 2017 - 07:33, said:

 

This is where you got it wrong. We don't want arty on either team. Period. As a side note, when "purple spg drivers" (gosh almost puked at writting this lol) are on enemy team, usually our own spg drivers can't hit anything or focus on non strategical targets... Is it so hard WG to put on a checkbox "play games without spg only" in settings? (as we can choose battle modes?) I don't care waiting a couple more minutes on queue as long as my game is skycancer-free and fun :trollface:

View PostIcktor, on Sep 13 2017 - 08:58, said:

Just give us a arty-free mode,   and lets see how many people want to play with arty.
 

 

Can I have the checkbox for a TD free mode too? 

 

...and a super heavy free mode...

 

...and a medium free mode...

 

...and a light free mode...

 

...and a platoon free mode...

 

...and a whiner free mode, the most important in my opinion :child:...

 

But we all know, the arty free WoT Blitz option is too hard for you.

 

View PostSOB_Tenato, on Sep 13 2017 - 07:48, said:

 

Problems reading your own language? ok long story short: SPG players play to pissoff tank drivers. That or to be able to play with bad internet connection, or just to be able to do damage without exposing themselves to enemy fire.  Regarding Blitz... it keeps popping up everytime we ask for arty removal of the game. I won't (AND i THINK NOONE ELSE WOULD) start a grind from scratch, on a game that looks like crap, or have my money and time thrown away because some SPG driver say so. I'd rather keep asking for a chance to play without SPG in this game. You got it now?

 

 

 

From what I understand, you believe your time and money is more important than anyone that plays arty.

 

Just to make it as simple as possible for you, I'll add a link to the arty free gameplay you require: WoT Blitz



nicodeimous #59 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 18:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 29957 battles
  • 2,384
  • [7-BDR] 7-BDR
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

View PostIcktor, on Sep 13 2017 - 11:58, said:

Just give us a arty-free mode,   and lets see how many people want to play with arty.

 

​Cool - give a us a free he derp mode [no splat guns at all] - see how many MORE people opt out of splats than arty :)

Edited by nicodeimous, Sep 13 2017 - 18:12.


nicodeimous #60 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 18:14

    Major

  • Players
  • 29957 battles
  • 2,384
  • [7-BDR] 7-BDR
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

View PostARCNA442, on Sep 11 2017 - 13:41, said:

If you think arty needs to be in the game because "realism" than we really need towed antitank guns with 80%+ camo ratings - after all, they were the real threat to tanks in WWII. Oh, and infantry with Panzerfaust / Bazookas that you can't spot until after they fire. WoT is a tank game and should be limited to tanks.

 

​So very true - and INFANTRY ... you know those hellish little [edited]that make moving in a city a death trap for tanks.  Tactically tanks HATE being in cities.




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users