Jump to content


9/11 I haven't forgotten


  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Da_Craw #21 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 20:35

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 22270 battles
  • 2,042
  • [DOG5] DOG5
  • Member since:
    05-30-2014
I had just pulled out to go to work and heard that a plane had hit the WTC.  I assumed it was a small plane.  About a minute later, they announced a nationwide ground stop.  I'm a pilot, so hearing a ground stop, which means no planes may take off, for the whole country freaked me out a little and I immediately pulled over and ran into the nearest business to see what was happening.  Saw the second plane hit about a minute later.  

Hauptmann_Ludwig #22 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 20:54

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 58146 battles
  • 798
  • Member since:
    11-26-2011
Hell no I haven't forgotten.  Never will.

Cutthroatlemur #23 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 21:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 17952 battles
  • 10,425
  • Member since:
    08-24-2011
I remember.  Was driving 400 miles to college, every radio station was news, no planes in the sky, everyone was horrified.

heavymetal1967 #24 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 21:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 60091 battles
  • 14,521
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

Someone put up a thread yesterday OP.  Not everyone has forgotten.  Posted this song there, but worthy of a re-post.

 

And sadly we're still losing First Responders, https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/08/17/father-and-son-first-responders-die-less-than-a-year-apart-from-cancer-linked-to-911-recovery/?utm_term=.814ddf8f306d

 



LeaveIT2Beaver #25 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 21:52

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 28284 battles
  • 7,191
  • [BRIG] BRIG
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014
I remember. I will never forget. Thanks Tony !!!!

Klaatu_Nicto #26 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 22:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 43956 battles
  • 7,146
  • Member since:
    09-21-2012


Demonic_Angel_of_Death #27 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 22:14

    Major

  • Players
  • 2142 battles
  • 3,953
  • [DEMON] DEMON
  • Member since:
    09-29-2012

Don't take offense to this, because as you said you were a first responder to that, so it is completely understandable that to someone such as yourself it is engraved in your mind a bit more than the average american.

 

However...

 

I am quite pleased at the shear lack of mention that the event has had today aside from the obvious spam-airings on the History Channel... It means that we are possibly finally moving on from this horrible event rather than steeping in it for years and years to come as we have done for over a decade past... Each year it sparked interest in terrorism defenses, and in each level brings up notions of xenophobia...

 

And while defense against terrorism is a great notion, the paranoia that it also sparks is frankly degrading to american society. I hope this is the beginning of us finally just moving past it and looking to the future as a nation...



Kirito_San_SAO #28 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 22:20

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 26344 battles
  • 370
  • [_D_] _D_
  • Member since:
    03-08-2012

Here is the problem, you are so focused on the past that you lose sight of the future....hence why we have been in the same stupid war for 16 years.

Yes, it happened.....and yes it was horrible but it is time to move on. Do you really think those who died would want us to focus so much on that day that all we do now is warmongering?


Edited by Kirito_San_SAO, Sep 11 2017 - 22:23.


despero #29 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 23:00

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 56086 battles
  • 234
  • [ORDER] ORDER
  • Member since:
    12-13-2011

I will always remember. And I will make sure my kids and eventually, my grandkids, always know and remember about that terrible day. Let's always remember, honor and cherish the victims and the many heroes of that day.

 

Thanks for creating this post Tony.

 

Posted Image

 



holdmecloserTonyDanza #30 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 23:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 56698 battles
  • 6,013
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    08-21-2011

View PostDemonic_Angel_of_Death, on Sep 11 2017 - 15:14, said:

Don't take offense to this, because as you said you were a first responder to that, so it is completely understandable that to someone such as yourself it is engraved in your mind a bit more than the average american.

 

However...

 

I am quite pleased at the shear lack of mention that the event has had today aside from the obvious spam-airings on the History Channel... It means that we are possibly finally moving on from this horrible event rather than steeping in it for years and years to come as we have done for over a decade past... Each year it sparked interest in terrorism defenses, and in each level brings up notions of xenophobia...

 

And while defense against terrorism is a great notion, the paranoia that it also sparks is frankly degrading to american society. I hope this is the beginning of us finally just moving past it and looking to the future as a nation...

 

View PostKirito_San_SAO, on Sep 11 2017 - 15:20, said:

Here is the problem, you are so focused on the past that you lose sight of the future....hence why we have been in the same stupid war for 16 years.

Yes, it happened.....and yes it was horrible but it is time to move on. Do you really think those who died would want us to focus so much on that day that all we do now is warmongering?

 

angel I want to make it imminently clear that I was not at ground zero on 9/11. But I am a firefighter and was on duty the day that it happened.  I've been in the business for 20 years and this single event changed my profession in an instant.  It is stark to someone in the profession because I can promise you that the guys responding to that, a large percentage of them, probably had an idea that alot of them were going to die that day.  I don't think anyone thought, even as it was unfolding, that those buildings would come down and the firefighter loss of life would be as immense as it was.  But I can promise you there was the realization as almost every engine, truck, and rescue company responded they knew they were going to lose people.  AND STILL THEY WENT.  That is what I am remembering.  The brave souls, PD and EMS included who went to those buildings as everyone ran away.  

 

I'm sorry but I disagree with you both.  We should never forget what happened that day.  I don't want to talk politics, not today.  But to forget, to distance yourself from it, is to forget the amazing bravery of what happened that day.  It's a personal thing for me.  There is no ill feelings about your position, we can just agree to disagree.  

 

John 15:13  Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.

 

 



Demonic_Angel_of_Death #31 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 23:55

    Major

  • Players
  • 2142 battles
  • 3,953
  • [DEMON] DEMON
  • Member since:
    09-29-2012

View PostholdmecloserTonyDanza, on Sep 11 2017 - 17:46, said:

 

 

angel I want to make it imminently clear that I was not at ground zero on 9/11. But I am a firefighter and was on duty the day that it happened.  I've been in the business for 20 years and this single event changed my profession in an instant.  It is stark to someone in the profession because I can promise you that the guys responding to that, a large percentage of them, probably had an idea that alot of them were going to die that day.  I don't think anyone thought, even as it was unfolding, that those buildings would come down and the firefighter loss of life would be as immense as it was.  But I can promise you there was the realization as almost every engine, truck, and rescue company responded they knew they were going to lose people.  AND STILL THEY WENT.  That is what I am remembering.  The brave souls, PD and EMS included who went to those buildings as everyone ran away.  

 

I'm sorry but I disagree with you both.  We should never forget what happened that day.  I don't want to talk politics, not today.  But to forget, to distance yourself from it, is to forget the amazing bravery of what happened that day.  It's a personal thing for me.  There is no ill feelings about your position, we can just agree to disagree.  

 

John 15:13  Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.

 

 

 

I never once said "Forget it" I said we as a nation need to move on from it... Totally different...

 

However the way many people tend to remember it is every year on this day we rip off our scabs and bleed out our feelings about this tragedy. That is not healthy, if you rip off your scabs the wound never heals. We need to move on from this and give the wound in our hearts as citizens time to properly heal. Then we will become a better nation by letting this event cement our unity with one another rather than cement yearly ruses of paranoia...

 

I say paranoia because especially here in the south, every single year after this day has been "Remembered" for weeks on end every redneck gets antsy and starts questioning everyone and everything that isn't white, or christian. So as a white man in the south I am frankly tired of every year this event causing a split in my community as people question one another... It's not healthy...


Edited by Demonic_Angel_of_Death, Sep 11 2017 - 23:58.


Hauptmann_Ludwig #32 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 02:50

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 58146 battles
  • 798
  • Member since:
    11-26-2011

View PostKirito_San_SAO, on Sep 11 2017 - 16:20, said:

Here is the problem, you are so focused on the past that you lose sight of the future....hence why we have been in the same stupid war for 16 years.

Yes, it happened.....and yes it was horrible but it is time to move on. Do you really think those who died would want us to focus so much on that day that all we do now is warmongering?

 

Yes, so true, better we should just give 'em a hug and hope for peace in our time.

 

  That's worked SOOOOO well before.



RF_Van #33 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 06:02

    Captain

  • Players
  • 9765 battles
  • 1,452
  • Member since:
    04-13-2013

We will always remember the many heroes on that fateful day.

 



holdmecloserTonyDanza #34 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 14:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 56698 battles
  • 6,013
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    08-21-2011

View PostKirito_San_SAO, on Sep 11 2017 - 15:20, said:

Here is the problem, you are so focused on the past that you lose sight of the future....hence why we have been in the same stupid war for 16 years.

Yes, it happened.....and yes it was horrible but it is time to move on. Do you really think those who died would want us to focus so much on that day that all we do now is warmongering?

 

View PostDemonic_Angel_of_Death, on Sep 11 2017 - 15:14, said:

Don't take offense to this, because as you said you were a first responder to that, so it is completely understandable that to someone such as yourself it is engraved in your mind a bit more than the average american.

 

However...

 

I am quite pleased at the shear lack of mention that the event has had today aside from the obvious spam-airings on the History Channel... It means that we are possibly finally moving on from this horrible event rather than steeping in it for years and years to come as we have done for over a decade past... Each year it sparked interest in terrorism defenses, and in each level brings up notions of xenophobia...

 

And while defense against terrorism is a great notion, the paranoia that it also sparks is frankly degrading to american society. I hope this is the beginning of us finally just moving past it and looking to the future as a nation...

 

I said I wasn't going to discuss politics on the day 9/11.  that day is reserved for remembering the lost.  this article below is why I wont MOVE PAST the worst attack ever perpetrated on US soil.  I worked with that man, was trained by that man, and saw who he was in the flesh and now he's gone.  he went because he knew there was a need.  he saw outside himself and it killed him.  I'm sorry that is the spirit of this country not worrying about moving on.  ffs I am a liberal democrat I hate war, but god dammit it only takes the inaction of good men for evil to succeed.  move on?  we're not talking about your team losing in the super bowl we're talking about [edited]9/11.  you're right the country has moved on.  and that's why we are in the mess we are in right now.  after that day I never in my lifetime saw the country more concerned for its fellow man.  and every day it's eroded because we forget the horror of it.  look unlike what goes on in this world I don't hate you for your opinion.  I don't think youre a "snowflake" or a [edited].  we can agree to disagree, but your dead [edited]wrong

 

http://missourinetwork.tv/missouri-task-force-1-physician-dies-of-911-related-illness/



Gothraul #35 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 17:09

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 1526 battles
  • 3,143
  • Member since:
    11-17-2014

 



bockscar43 #36 Posted Sep 15 2017 - 23:30

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 25404 battles
  • 1,019
  • [PL1AR] PL1AR
  • Member since:
    01-01-2015
Perhaps I don't want to "move on", the memory of that day will be with me always. Just as the assassination of President Kennedy is etched in our minds. I want to remember that there are those who would destroy the United States as we speak and  not rest till they are dead......just the way I feel.

riff_ #37 Posted Sep 16 2017 - 01:14

    Major

  • Players
  • 25447 battles
  • 8,424
  • Member since:
    08-02-2013

View PostKirito_San_SAO, on Sep 11 2017 - 16:20, said:

Here is the problem, you are so focused on the past that you lose sight of the future....hence why we have been in the same stupid war for 16 years.

Yes, it happened.....and yes it was horrible but it is time to move on. Do you really think those who died would want us to focus so much on that day that all we do now is warmongering?

 



GreenTankCore #38 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 05:24

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 21871 battles
  • 521
  • Member since:
    05-12-2014

Get over it people, come on.

Self Rightous arent you.

[edited]hate it when they bring this crapup every [edited]year.

Like move on people.

You do crapto piss other races/countries off, you invade Iraq that had no NONE weapons of mass destruction, you armed and trained afghan warriors to fight against Russia and it back fires.

Big Whoop De Whoop.

There have been lots of genocides since, but no you dont care about other countries do you. Just spend you multi trillions every year while your minority born and breed citizens suffer.

 

Just produce more guns, just do it.

Drive your gas guzzling trucks.

Health Care Premiums Rise.

 

Just move to Canada eh!



madogthefirst #39 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 07:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 21699 battles
  • 7,959
  • [SHIRE] SHIRE
  • Member since:
    12-28-2011

View PostGreenTankCore, on Sep 17 2017 - 20:24, said:

Get over it people, come on.

Self Rightous arent you.

[edited]hate it when they bring this crapup every [edited]year.

Like move on people.

You do crapto piss other races/countries off, you invade Iraq that had no NONE weapons of mass destruction, you armed and trained afghan warriors to fight against Russia and it back fires.

Big Whoop De Whoop.

There have been lots of genocides since, but no you dont care about other countries do you. Just spend you multi trillions every year while your minority born and breed citizens suffer.

 

Just produce more guns, just do it.

Drive your gas guzzling trucks.

Health Care Premiums Rise.

 

Just move to Canada eh!

Don't like it, see yourself out.



GreenTankCore #40 Posted Sep 19 2017 - 04:26

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 21871 battles
  • 521
  • Member since:
    05-12-2014

Out where?

Go polish your gun and eat your Big mac and diet cola.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users