• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

WinningWithWarchild #1 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 23:19

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6863 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Howdy Folks,

On several occasions, I have stated that I was not interested in grinding any lines.  I pretty much have all the tanks that I want and most of those are Premiums.  Since my time is limited on here, I mainly want to work up the Crew Skills on the tanks that I play most frequently (especially for Strongholds).  However, I have watched a few videos of top players/teams playing in the WGLNA games and now have my heart set on the WZ-111 5A.  I just reached the K-85, so I have a long way to go - but I will be heading down that line to the end.  Please forgive me!

Happy Tanking!

WarChild

PS - I played Arty for the Stug rewards and it took me to Tier 7 before I got the girl and now I've made it to Tier 8.  I only play that tank for the 2x each day, so I don't consider that "grinding the line" but I will move up with each tier as I go. But that's going to take forever since XP doesn't grind very fast on Arty tanks.

Goat_Rodeo #2 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 23:27

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9309 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

View PostWinningWithWarchild, on Sep 11 2017 - 22:19, said:

Howdy Folks,

On several occasions, I have stated that I was not interested in grinding any lines.  I pretty much have all the tanks that I want and most of those are Premiums.  Since my time is limited on here, I mainly want to work up the Crew Skills on the tanks that I play most frequently (especially for Strongholds).  However, I have watched a few videos of top players/teams playing in the WGLNA games and now have my heart set on the WZ-111 5A.  I just reached the K-85, so I have a long way to go - but I will be heading down that line to the end.  Please forgive me!

Happy Tanking!

WarChild

PS - I played Arty for the Stug rewards and it took me to Tier 7 before I got the girl and now I've made it to Tier 8.  I only play that tank for the 2x each day, so I don't consider that "grinding the line" but I will move up with each tier as I go. But that's going to take forever since XP doesn't grind very fast on Arty tanks.

Good luck there. I hear it's one of those lines needing "the buff dust" fairy to visit. But if it's one of those tanks that calls to you, then why not? So long as you enjoy it, that's what counts. 

WinningWithWarchild #3 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 23:46

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6863 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostGoat_Rodeo, on Sep 11 2017 - 16:27, said:

Good luck there. I hear it's one of those lines needing "the buff dust" fairy to visit. But if it's one of those tanks that calls to you, then why not? So long as you enjoy it, that's what counts. 

I have no idea if I will enjoy it but when I see top players using it for clan wars that pay out real money, I figure they know something that I don't.  Plus, it looks like a tank that I would enjoy.  Getting there however, might be a miserable chore...

ShookYang #4 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 00:02

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8508 battles
  • [5LINE] 5LINE

My advice would be to install the Common Test client and test whatever tank you think you're going to be interested in grinding.

I tested several tanks I was considering grinding and it help me focus on what I want.

For instance, I was grinding the T57 Heavy, but then tried it out on the CT server and did not enjoy the tank.  At all.  A friend recommended trying the AMX 50 B, and liked it much, MUCH better than the T57 Heavy.  At least I got a T71 out of the grind (which I do enjoy playing).

Also discovered that I really like the gun handling on the E5 and M48 Patton, so I'm considering those lines next.

FYI, tried the 5a and liked it.  Glad I bought it (currently my second Tier 10 tank).  If you like mobile heavies, you'll enjoy the tank.  Just make sure you do your research on the tanks negative aspects.

Edited by ShookYang, Sep 12 2017 - 00:13.

Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #5 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 00:11

Captain

• Players
  • 64892 battles
It's ok, I lie all the time.....or do I?:P

Goat_Rodeo #6 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 00:26

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9309 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4
I wish they had common test running all the time. That is a great way to see if some tens are worth the grey hairs. I ran some in Blitz to 10 and regretted the waste of time and money in some real turds. 

BigDollarBillz #7 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 00:29

Captain

• Players
  • 34401 battles
  • [SBW] SBW

View PostWinningWithWarchild, on Sep 11 2017 - 17:46, said:

I have no idea if I will enjoy it but when I see top players using it for clan wars that pay out real money, I figure they know something that I don't.  Plus, it looks like a tank that I would enjoy.  Getting there however, might be a miserable chore...

What there are clans that pay real money out for cw. Damn I have been recruiting wrong all this time. But the 113 is still the better tank, in my opinion. But any tank will be great in the right hands. You look to be a damn good player, so you would probably do well in it.

ShookYang #8 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 00:33

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8508 battles
  • [5LINE] 5LINE

View PostGoat_Rodeo, on Sep 11 2017 - 14:27, said:

Not sure what you mean?  As in, there needs to be more buffs?  The only two tiers I absolutely hated was the IS-2 and 110 (admittedly, I didn't bother with the top gun).  The pen and gun handling are terrible.

Goat_Rodeo #9 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 01:09

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9309 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

View PostShookYang, on Sep 11 2017 - 23:33, said:

Not sure what you mean?  As in, there needs to be more buffs?  The only two tiers I absolutely hated was the IS-2 and 110 (admittedly, I didn't bother with the top gun).  The pen and gun handling are terrible.

When ever I've seen the tier 8 or 9 heavys in battle they seemed easy enough to deal with when they always sat motionless for an eternity waiting for the gun to settle down long enough to shoot. Plus the armor profile looks a bit dated in the current super heavy corridor meta dictated to them. So in short yeah, I think they're due for some love

StoveBolt54 #10 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 01:11

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16842 battles

Lier lier pants on fire ! :)

I have got the type 58 researched. Will be a long time getting to tier 10 for me.

Dands #11 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 02:09

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 10044 battles

View PostWinningWithWarchild, on Sep 12 2017 - 08:19, said:

Howdy Folks,

Happy Tanking!

WarChild

Hey bud... you're only human. Just be prepared that by the time you reach the 5A, Wargaming will likely have nerfed the tank into the ground. Which is of course normal practice for them.

WinningWithWarchild #12 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 14:31

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6863 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostShookYang, on Sep 11 2017 - 17:02, said:

My advice would be to install the Common Test client and test whatever tank you think you're going to be interested in grinding.

I tested several tanks I was considering grinding and it help me focus on what I want.

For instance, I was grinding the T57 Heavy, but then tried it out on the CT server and did not enjoy the tank.  At all.  A friend recommended trying the AMX 50 B, and liked it much, MUCH better than the T57 Heavy.  At least I got a T71 out of the grind (which I do enjoy playing).

Also discovered that I really like the gun handling on the E5 and M48 Patton, so I'm considering those lines next.

FYI, tried the 5a and liked it.  Glad I bought it (currently my second Tier 10 tank).  If you like mobile heavies, you'll enjoy the tank.  Just make sure you do your research on the tanks negative aspects.

I have the CT installed and realized that they don't always have it running (It's off for me right now), and when it is running, I'm always there with a bunch of Russians or other folks that don't speak English.

View PostGoat_Rodeo, on Sep 11 2017 - 17:26, said:

I wish they had common test running all the time. That is a great way to see if some tens are worth the grey hairs. I ran some in Blitz to 10 and regretted the waste of time and money in some real turds. 

Is there a schedule or anything for when they are turning it back on?  I'd like to try out the Churchill III before I choose it for tank rewards too.

View PostBigDollarBillz, on Sep 11 2017 - 17:29, said:

What there are clans that pay real money out for cw. Damn I have been recruiting wrong all this time. But the 113 is still the better tank, in my opinion. But any tank will be great in the right hands. You look to be a damn good player, so you would probably do well in it.

I was talking about the WGLNA: https://www.youtube.com/user/WGLNA

View PostStoveBolt54, on Sep 11 2017 - 18:11, said:

Lier lier pants on fire ! :)

I have got the type 58 researched. Will be a long time getting to tier 10 for me.

I'm stock in it right now, but it seems like a pretty decent tank.  I see some people using it for Strongholds but it is usually no match for my T-34-85M, so I haven't considered it.  Once I get it fully upgraded, I'll see if I keep it - but I doubt it.

View PostDands, on Sep 11 2017 - 19:09, said:

Hey bud... you're only human. Just be prepared that by the time you reach the 5A, Wargaming will likely have nerfed the tank into the ground. Which is of course normal practice for them.

I come from Blitz, where Wargaming has successfully nerfed EVERY SINGLE TANK that I really enjoyed playing.  (And then they literally stole all the equipment from all my tanks and have made me pay retail all over again to try and restore them to 100%.  Which is why I came to WoT PC in the first place a few months ago.  Russians have never been known as the "thinkers" of all the tribes.)

Thank you all for your responses.  I really enjoy reading the feedback to my posts.

Take care and Happy Tanking!

WarChild

ShookYang #13 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 16:16

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8508 battles
  • [5LINE] 5LINE

View PostGoat_Rodeo, on Sep 11 2017 - 16:09, said:

When ever I've seen the tier 8 or 9 heavys in battle they seemed easy enough to deal with when they always sat motionless for an eternity waiting for the gun to settle down long enough to shoot. Plus the armor profile looks a bit dated in the current super heavy corridor meta dictated to them. So in short yeah, I think they're due for some love

I believe the WZ-111 1-4 is still regarding as a very good Tier 9 heavy tank.  But, it's not a super heavy, and if people are trying to play it like one, they are likely doing it wrong.

View PostWinningWithWarchild, on Sep 12 2017 - 05:31, said:

I have the CT installed and realized that they don't always have it running (It's off for me right now), and when it is running, I'm always there with a bunch of Russians or other folks that don't speak English.

Is there a schedule or anything for when they are turning it back on?  I'd like to try out the Churchill III before I choose it for tank rewards too.

The CT is open when they move current Super Test (closed server) to the Common Test (public server).  Basically, when they start announcing the next patch, they'll start announcing the content from Super Test that is being moved over.  Once they announce the CT server opening, you can play on the CT server until that patch goes live.

WinningWithWarchild #14 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 20:13

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6863 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostShookYang, on Sep 12 2017 - 09:16, said:

I believe the WZ-111 1-4 is still regarding as a very good Tier 9 heavy tank.  But, it's not a super heavy, and if people are trying to play it like one, they are likely doing it wrong.

The CT is open when they move current Super Test (closed server) to the Common Test (public server).  Basically, when they start announcing the next patch, they'll start announcing the content from Super Test that is being moved over.  Once they announce the CT server opening, you can play on the CT server until that patch goes live.

Ah.  I learn something new every day. Thank you!

Also tagged with WZ-111 5A

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users