Jump to content


fire fighting skill

crew skills

  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

SGT_Ronson_1 #1 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 19:47

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 38584 battles
  • 595
  • [RATP] RATP
  • Member since:
    11-17-2014

if you have a 100% trained firefighting crew skill,   for all crew members,   how much damage do you take if you catch on fire?    1-2-3-4 ticks?



Awestryker #2 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 20:06

    Major

  • Players
  • 23416 battles
  • 2,159
  • Member since:
    01-15-2013
I think it cuts the time you are on fire in half...but I am just guessing after reading it...

Edited by Awestryker, Sep 12 2017 - 20:06.


pickpocket293 #3 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 20:18

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 21936 battles
  • 441
  • Member since:
    05-14-2015
Wouldn't it be something if the in-game descriptions for these types of things actually described what they do and how they act? Man, what a concept.

Panman69 #4 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 20:28

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 31586 battles
  • 338
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View Postpickpocket293, on Sep 12 2017 - 19:18, said:

Wouldn't it be something if the in-game descriptions for these types of things actually described what they do and how they act? Man, what a concept.

 

You're at the wrong wishing well.

Chalybos #5 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 20:34

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 21375 battles
  • 578
  • Member since:
    04-18-2011
I'm just here to chuckle at the guy with Ronson in his name being worried about fire. :teethhappy:

turboo #6 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 21:07

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 17132 battles
  • 74
  • [-GNZ-] -GNZ-
  • Member since:
    07-04-2011
It depends on how many crew members you have. I think. I will keep an eye on this one. Goid question

Awestryker #7 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 21:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 23416 battles
  • 2,159
  • Member since:
    01-15-2013

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Crew

 

The Firefighting Skill improves the crew member's ability to put out a fire, should a vehicle ever be unlucky enough to be in such a situation. The Firefighting Skill takes effect immediately when the vehicle catches fire. The higher the Training Level for this Skill, the faster a fire is put out and the less the amount of damage per second the fire does to the vehicle before it is extinguished. The Firefighting Skill does NOT reduce the chances of a vehicle catching on fire in the first place. The Firefighting Skill is a common Skill which each one of the crew members on a single vehicle may acquire. The effective Firefighting Skill Training Level is averaged across the entire crew. If only one crewman in a crew of 4 has this Skill at 80% Training Level then the effectiveness upon the vehicle's fire fighting performance is (80+0+0+0)/4 or 20%.

Firefighting Skills are more useful for large vehicles that can stand to take some damage before being utterly destroyed, but purchasing the player controlled and consumable Manual or Automatic Fire Extinguisher is generally more effective in preventing fire from spreading to other modules or destroying the vehicle.


Edited by Awestryker, Sep 12 2017 - 21:10.


Isola_di_Fano #8 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 21:24

    Major

  • Players
  • 19681 battles
  • 2,727
  • Member since:
    11-05-2012

View PostChalybos, on Sep 12 2017 - 14:34, said:

I'm just here to chuckle at the guy with Ronson in his name being worried about fire. :teethhappy:

 

Dang ! Good catch ! +1

 



Ie_Shima #9 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 21:31

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 2484 battles
  • 240
  • Member since:
    05-28-2016

is it just me, or is this skill (fire fighting) one of the most useless skills in the game?  

 

I mean, you can literally avoid this problem by having a fire extinguisher, or an automatic one, on your tank.  

 

No need to waste time and a skill slot on a skill that will be useful maybe once every 30 to 60 games at worst.  



NL_Celt #10 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 21:49

    Major

  • Players
  • 25310 battles
  • 5,358
  • Member since:
    10-05-2012

View PostIe_Shima, on Sep 12 2017 - 17:01, said:

is it just me, or is this skill (fire fighting) one of the most useless skills in the game?  

 

I mean, you can literally avoid this problem by having a fire extinguisher, or an automatic one, on your tank.  

 

No need to waste time and a skill slot on a skill that will be useful maybe once every 30 to 60 games at worst.  

 

It is one of the last things to bother with. I have it on a few loaders as I await BIA.

Panman69 #11 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 21:49

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 31586 battles
  • 338
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012
Are the Manual and Automatic fire extinguishers reusable in a match like the repair kits and med-packs? If so, do they have a reduced "cool-down" period since, by their own use, they have already "cooled" things down?

LeaveIT2Beaver #12 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 22:04

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 28284 battles
  • 7,186
  • [BRIG] BRIG
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

View PostChalybos, on Sep 12 2017 - 14:34, said:

I'm just here to chuckle at the guy with Ronson in his name being worried about fire. :teethhappy:

 

Cosmic !! Great call out !!! :great::teethhappy:


Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, Sep 12 2017 - 22:05.


heavymetal1967 #13 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 22:04

    Major

  • Players
  • 60091 battles
  • 14,516
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostPanman69, on Sep 12 2017 - 15:28, said:

 

You're at the wrong wishing well.

 

Groovin' Free cover.

 

 

View PostChalybos, on Sep 12 2017 - 15:34, said:

I'm just here to chuckle at the guy with Ronson in his name being worried about fire. :teethhappy:

 

And NiteDog just put up a fire thread, which took all my tinder. :bajan:

 

Sgt. Ronson meet Sgt. Zippo. :P

 



dave1y #14 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 22:12

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 74925 battles
  • 596
  • [MSF12] MSF12
  • Member since:
    05-16-2011

View Postpickpocket293, on Sep 12 2017 - 14:18, said:

Wouldn't it be something if the in-game descriptions for these types of things actually described what they do and how they act? Man, what a concept.

 

You have to go to places like this...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuTii-cm-Agv077rqsNogkHPXT1nAHlDI



RickPatton #15 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 22:24

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 27278 battles
  • 762
  • [ANV] ANV
  • Member since:
    03-13-2014
It depends how quickly each crew member can blow out the fire.

golruul #16 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 23:07

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 20013 battles
  • 731
  • Member since:
    11-05-2011

View PostIe_Shima, on Sep 12 2017 - 14:31, said:

is it just me, or is this skill (fire fighting) one of the most useless skills in the game?  

 

I mean, you can literally avoid this problem by having a fire extinguisher, or an automatic one, on your tank.  

 

No need to waste time and a skill slot on a skill that will be useful maybe once every 30 to 60 games at worst.  

 

I wouldn't call it useless, but would say it's a fourth skill at best depending on crew position/tank.  Duplicate crew positions can get it as third skill (after BIA and repairs) if camo isn't needed.

 

Not having to equip the fire extinguisher gives more interesting consumables options, though.  For me, I ditched fire extinguishers for food.



spud_tuber #17 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 23:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 42708 battles
  • 4,150
  • Member since:
    08-26-2013

View PostPanman69, on Sep 12 2017 - 14:49, said:

Are the Manual and Automatic fire extinguishers reusable in a match like the repair kits and med-packs? If so, do they have a reduced "cool-down" period since, by their own use, they have already "cooled" things down?

Yes, they do have a cool down, and it's the same as other kits.



spud_tuber #18 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 23:20

    Major

  • Players
  • 42708 battles
  • 4,150
  • Member since:
    08-26-2013

View PostIe_Shima, on Sep 12 2017 - 14:31, said:

is it just me, or is this skill (fire fighting) one of the most useless skills in the game?  

 

I mean, you can literally avoid this problem by having a fire extinguisher, or an automatic one, on your tank.  

 

No need to waste time and a skill slot on a skill that will be useful maybe once every 30 to 60 games at worst.  

The biggest benefit to the skill, and to a slightly lesser extent, preventative maintenance, is less risk when dropping the fire extinguisher for food.  Still probably not worth it early in a crewman's training, though.



SGT_Ronson_1 #19 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 16:44

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 38584 battles
  • 595
  • [RATP] RATP
  • Member since:
    11-17-2014

View PostChalybos, on Sep 12 2017 - 20:34, said:

I'm just here to chuckle at the guy with Ronson in his name being worried about fire. :teethhappy:

 

first person to get the joke in a long time thanks

SGT_Ronson_1 #20 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 16:45

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 38584 battles
  • 595
  • [RATP] RATP
  • Member since:
    11-17-2014

View PostAwestryker, on Sep 12 2017 - 21:09, said:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Crew

 

The Firefighting Skill improves the crew member's ability to put out a fire, should a vehicle ever be unlucky enough to be in such a situation. The Firefighting Skill takes effect immediately when the vehicle catches fire. The higher the Training Level for this Skill, the faster a fire is put out and the less the amount of damage per second the fire does to the vehicle before it is extinguished. The Firefighting Skill does NOT reduce the chances of a vehicle catching on fire in the first place. The Firefighting Skill is a common Skill which each one of the crew members on a single vehicle may acquire. The effective Firefighting Skill Training Level is averaged across the entire crew. If only one crewman in a crew of 4 has this Skill at 80% Training Level then the effectiveness upon the vehicle's fire fighting performance is (80+0+0+0)/4 or 20%.

Firefighting Skills are more useful for large vehicles that can stand to take some damage before being utterly destroyed, but purchasing the player controlled and consumable Manual or Automatic Fire Extinguisher is generally more effective in preventing fire from spreading to other modules or destroying the vehicle.

 

that doesn't tell me anything,    how much damage will you take with a full fire fighting crew?    how many ticks of fire damage ?





Also tagged with crew skills

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users