Maps Exploits cheating customer service tickets WTH

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

JTM78 #1 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 22:55

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16571 battles
  • [OBSCN] OBSCN
Is there a way to bypass the ticket support and messaging someone for real help or to report an in game issue? The reason I am asking I have found a MASSIVE map exploit, I sent in a ticket, I received a copy paste reply, I then reopened the ticket trying to get the issue fixed and then got another copy paste reply! So either WoT does not want to fix their maps or WoT has the worse customer service representatives. These comes down to either the customer representative can not do their job or won't do their job. I know that WoT asked for players to report map exploits but customer services does not care enough to share them with the programmers to get them fixed.

zarg12 #2 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 22:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19880 battles
  • [REL2] REL2
Here's a joke: WG's customer support. They don't have one. Meet your friendly "CS" named Ctrl+V

Blucraft #3 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 23:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7697 battles

I'm not sure what you're expecting.  You submitted a ticket, they will probably review it and if they see it's an issue they'll code it out.  But it's going to happen overnight...and no lives are at risk.

-Blu

_Schneller_Heinz_ #4 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 23:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1931 battles

Since when has wargaming customer support???

Edited by _Schneller_Heinz_, Sep 12 2017 - 23:05.

JTM78 #5 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 23:25

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16571 battles
  • [OBSCN] OBSCN

View PostBlucraft, on Sep 12 2017 - 16:04, said:

I'm not sure what you're expecting.  You submitted a ticket, they will probably review it and if they see it's an issue they'll code it out.  But it's going to happen overnight...and no lives are at risk.

-Blu

What I am expect is competent customer service. A reply along the lines of thank you for report the map exploit, from the enclose screen capture we can see the player is  in a blacked out area of the map and I will pass this screen capture on to the programmers. The reply i received was the map is work and being played as attended. So that would mean that customer service is reinforcing that WoT builds in map exploits and does not care to fix them!

ArmorStorm #6 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 23:29

Major

• Players
  • 32835 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostJTM78, on Sep 12 2017 - 16:25, said:

What I am expect is competent customer service. A reply along the lines of thank you for report the map exploit, from the enclose screen capture we can see the player is  in a blacked out area of the map and I will pass this screen capture on to the programmers. The reply i received was the map is work and being played as attended. So that would mean that customer service is reinforcing that WoT builds in map exploits and does not care to fix them!

Soooo, mountain goating?  WG is removing the worst offenders as they go along.  Nothing more will EVER happen.

johnmadara #7 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 23:32

Major

• Players
  • 31504 battles

View Postzarg12, on Sep 12 2017 - 21:59, said:

Here's a joke: WG's customer support. They don't have one. Meet your friendly "CS" named Ctrl+V

idk why people expected a personal hand crafted message every time they contact support... what they copy and paste does help/solve your problems most the time so who gives a [edited]...

If you had to answer hundreds of tickets a day you would copy and paste responses too

Edited by johnmadara, Sep 12 2017 - 23:38.

ket101 #8 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 23:34

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18379 battles
  • [N-O-M] N-O-M
Curious as to the "exploit", now.  Is there a picture?

Kamahl1234 #9 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 23:49

Major

• Players
  • 17836 battles

View PostJTM78, on Sep 12 2017 - 22:25, said:

More that you may be confused as to what map exploits currently are. It sounds like what you're reporting it often called "mountain goating" which is getting into, or rather onto, terrain that you normally can't get to. WG has 2 stances on this, one is that any that cause map imbalances are going to be removed. But, the other stance is that players are allowed to go where they please, especially as many of these climbs either are useless in a combat sense or super niche in use and not worth the trouble.

Competent customer service is ignoring a non-issue when a non-issue is reported. If anything, most of these climbs will likely be completely removed, balanced or no when the HD rework happens. You don't get a cookie for reporting something that they're aware of. 

JTM78 #10 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 00:00

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16571 battles
  • [OBSCN] OBSCN

View PostKamahl1234, on Sep 12 2017 - 16:49, said:

More that you may be confused as to what map exploits currently are. It sounds like what you're reporting it often called "mountain goating" which is getting into, or rather onto, terrain that you normally can't get to. WG has 2 stances on this, one is that any that cause map imbalances are going to be removed. But, the other stance is that players are allowed to go where they please, especially as many of these climbs either are useless in a combat sense or super niche in use and not worth the trouble.

Competent customer service is ignoring a non-issue when a non-issue is reported. If anything, most of these climbs will likely be completely removed, balanced or no when the HD rework happens. You don't get a cookie for reporting something that they're aware of. 

The area I screen capture is just as bad, if not worse then area on Sacred Valley. The area that the player was in is totally blacked out on the mini map and I imagine is not meant to be reached by players. The area allows the player to cover the base capture circle (the base capture circle has no cover that can stop the angle of the attacker from the blacked out area), the area also give massive cover that only artillery can hit and is broken just like on Sacred Valley! If WoT does not care to fix these issue, why would WoT have asked players to screen capture them and report them?

Edited by JTM78, Sep 13 2017 - 00:05.

Nunya_000 #11 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 00:32

Major

• Players
  • 20656 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostJTM78, on Sep 12 2017 - 15:00, said:

The area I screen capture is just as bad, if not worse then area on Sacred Valley. The area that the player was in is totally blacked out on the mini map and I imagine is not meant to be reached by players. The area allows the player to cover the base capture circle (the base capture circle has no cover that can stop the angle of the attacker from the blacked out area), the area also give massive cover that only artillery can hit and is broken just like on Sacred Valley! If WoT does not care to fix these issue, why would WoT have asked players to screen capture them and report them?

Just because someone accessed the "black area", it is only personal opinion on whether it is an exploit or not.  You are not the one that decides if it is allowed or not....I am not the one to decide if it is allowed or not....and a customer support rep is certainly not the one to decide if it is allowed or not.  Your "complaint" will likely be passed on to the map designers and they will decide whether it is allowed or not.  I am not surprised one bit that you did not get any commitment on whether it will be fixed by someone in support. 

However, in order to placate your bruised ego, I have drafted the support response I'm betting that you would have liked to see:

To JTM78:

Thank You!!! for pointing out this grievous oversight by our mapping department.  Your keen eye and due diligence will likely save thousands, if not millions of lives in the future.  We will insure that the map designer responsible is whipped to within an inch of his life and will ban him from the vending machines for 30 days.  Even though WG has not made any official announcement on whether tanks are allowed in the black areas or not, we recognize that your opinion is the one true and righteous opinion and will bow to your greatness.  Until we are able to fix this issue, any future tank that accesses this area will immediately explode with such a force that the user's monitor will cease to function.  As a reward for pointing out our error, from now on you will be able to play this game for free and will only be charged for items purchased in the premium store or premium tanks purchased in the tech tree (and of course, anything else that costs gold).  We will also allow you to change your name to Sir_JTM78 for only 2,500 gold.

Again, Thank You.  Your name will be forever honored by our company.

:hiding:

GeorgePreddy #12 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 00:43

Major

• Players
  • 14291 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

If you want to get the attention of someone important, send them a telegram.

I was a Corporate Chief Pilot in 1979 and had recently personally handed over a company check for 1.3 million dollars ( a lot of money back then ) to Beechcraft in payment for a brand new F-90 model King-Air. After a couple of weeks of operation, the Bendix Color Weather Radar unit in our new plane went on the fritz.

After calling and talking with Bendix Customer Support, and getting the run-around from them... "I'm sorry sir but the part you need is not available and is on back order with a delivery expectancy of 2 months".

I decided to send a telegram to the President of the Bendix Corporation, a Mr. Bell.  The next day, a Customer Service Rep called me and said that they had "found" an extra circuit board and it was on the way.

Oh... wait... Western Union was put out of business by email.

9435 #13 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 00:48

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 135 battles

View PostJTM78, on Sep 12 2017 - 22:55, said:

Is there a way to bypass the ticket support and messaging someone for real help or to report an in game issue? The reason I am asking I have found a MASSIVE map exploit, I sent in a ticket, I received a copy paste reply, I then reopened the ticket trying to get the issue fixed and then got another copy paste reply! So either WoT does not want to fix their maps or WoT has the worse customer service representatives. These comes down to either the customer representative can not do their job or won't do their job. I know that WoT asked for players to report map exploits but customer services does not care enough to share them with the programmers to get them fixed.

That made me laugh.  WG does not provide customer support.  They do have a support button, but it is just a program, much like their game, it is very broken.  WG is too retarded to have proper customer support, that's why they are failing in the NA server.

JTM78 #14 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 01:08

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16571 battles
  • [OBSCN] OBSCN

View PostNunya_000, on Sep 12 2017 - 17:32, said:

Just because someone accessed the "black area", it is only personal opinion on whether it is an exploit or not.  You are not the one that decides if it is allowed or not....I am not the one to decide if it is allowed or not....and a customer support rep is certainly not the one to decide if it is allowed or not.  Your "complaint" will likely be passed on to the map designers and they will decide whether it is allowed or not.  I am not surprised one bit that you did not get any commitment on whether it will be fixed by someone in support. 

However, in order to placate your bruised ego, I have drafted the support response I'm betting that you would have liked to see:

To JTM78:

Thank You!!! for pointing out this grievous oversight by our mapping department.  Your keen eye and due diligence will likely save thousands, if not millions of lives in the future.  We will insure that the map designer responsible is whipped to within an inch of his life and will ban him from the vending machines for 30 days.  Even though WG has not made any official announcement on whether tanks are allowed in the black areas or not, we recognize that your opinion is the one true and righteous opinion and will bow to your greatness.  Until we are able to fix this issue, any future tank that accesses this area will immediately explode with such a force that the user's monitor will cease to function.  As a reward for pointing out our error, from now on you will be able to play this game for free and will only be charged for items purchased in the premium store or premium tanks purchased in the tech tree (and of course, anything else that costs gold).  We will also allow you to change your name to Sir_JTM78 for only 2,500 gold.

Again, Thank You.  Your name will be forever honored by our company.

:hiding:

This is not about ego, this is about bad customer service and being dismissed by customer service. WoT knows that the maps are broken, WoT asked for players to screen capture and report them when they saw them. I did what WoT asked but the customer service dismissed it as though this spot was commonly played or was designed to used like that.

Da_Craw #15 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 01:29

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20857 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5
Let's see the spot and we'll tell you if it is commonly used.

Also tagged with Maps, Exploits, cheating, customer service, tickets, WTH

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users