Super Conqueror 2for1

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Redwave11 #1 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 00:52

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16804 battles
  • [RIP-U] RIP-U

Seeing that the FV215b is getting the Foch 155-Foch B treatment i think it will be very worthwhile to grind the tank before the release of 9.20.1.

So for those of you that have already played through this line in entirety or in part:

What playstyle did you find worked best with these tanks?

Where are the best places to spend free xp? either for modules or to skip tanks entirely

So far I am at the tier 6 and am just playing it in skirmishes (at least until it is upgraded). I am thinking about skipping the black prince and then free xp'ing modules on the Caernarvon and Conqueror.

Agree or No?

Al_Scarface_Capone_ #2 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 01:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30409 battles
  • [TYPE5] TYPE5

Up to the player getting the FV

My personal reason for why I don't have the FV as its terribly known for front engine fires, side scraping is impossible when an experienced player like myself can abuse its performance 

Its gun has the fastest reload for all tier 10 heavys and for a 120mm, literally the only good thing about it.

I am not grinding this tank, I will prefer the line with the Super Conqueror 

TanklessMouse5 #3 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 01:07

Major

• Players
  • 26420 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL
I actually just completed the grind from T5-10 about a week ago.. The Church 6 was probably one of the easiest because t worked so well for me playing as a typical heavy, the BP was a little underwhelming, get it hulldown and use the DPM was nice but the spees, caern I hated, and conq was judt a joy once I got the engine. My advice, free xp the guns/turrets because the stock grind on them are so cringy imo and make you want to drown yourself every game.

Rin_ #4 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 01:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 17695 battles
  • [R-7] R-7
I managed to get withing spitting distance of the FV before they broke the marks. I really hope they fix them in time for the swap. The Conq was a fun mark grind so far, and I don't want to give it up just because I want the FV too.

Redwave11 #5 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 01:12

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16804 battles
  • [RIP-U] RIP-U

View PostAl_Scarface_Capone_, on Sep 13 2017 - 10:00, said:

Up to the player getting the FV

My personal reason for why I don't have the FV as its terribly known for front engine fires, side scraping is impossible when an experienced player like myself can abuse its performance 

Its gun has the fastest reload for all tier 10 heavys and for a 120mm, literally the only good thing about it.

I am not grinding this tank, I will prefer the line with the Super Conqueror 

yeah, i'm not actually that keen to get the FV215b but if I can buy it before the next patch then you get to keep the FV215b as a reward tank and get the super conqueror for free.

Al_Scarface_Capone_ #6 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 01:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30409 battles
  • [TYPE5] TYPE5

View PostRedwave11, on Sep 12 2017 - 17:12, said:

yeah, i'm not actually that keen to get the FV215b but if I can buy it before the next patch then you get to keep the FV215b as a reward tank and get the super conqueror for free.

regardless the FV is not my game

GL getting it i guess:P

Beornotns #7 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 01:20

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20934 battles
  • [-SCA-] -SCA-

I am grinding the Conqueror right now.  Just got the top gun in it about a week ago.  I do like the speed of the reload on it.  I think I can get the FV in time.  There was no way on the Foch 155, but this one is doable.

~B

Dionysus_Zagreus #8 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 01:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36741 battles

They basically have all different play styles.  I don't let of the gas in the Church 7, but stay behind the front line in the 215b.

The Conq. is a solid tier 9 tank that's good for nothing past platooning, random games and the odd tournament.

Fun as heck to play, not a great line though.

Edited by Dionysus_Zagreus, Sep 13 2017 - 01:22.

EndUserLicenseAgreement #9 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 01:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35780 battles
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK
Didn't know they were removing the 215b...and the black prince is very underwhelming

BaconMeLoveIt #10 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 02:24

Captain

• -Players-
  • 12786 battles
  • [-STN-] -STN-

View PostRedwave11, on Sep 12 2017 - 15:52, said:

Seeing that the FV215b is getting the Foch 155-Foch B treatment i think it will be very worthwhile to grind the tank before the release of 9.20.1.

So for those of you that have already played through this line in entirety or in part:

What playstyle did you find worked best with these tanks?

Where are the best places to spend free xp? either for modules or to skip tanks entirely

So far I am at the tier 6 and am just playing it in skirmishes (at least until it is upgraded). I am thinking about skipping the black prince and then free xp'ing modules on the Caernarvon and Conqueror.

Agree or No?

• Played those tanks as purely support. So had to rely on team mate a lot.
  • Flat land is your paradise. Hills, mounds, and ridges are hell.
  • Don't let any low profile tanks near you. Just like the Japanese heavy tanks; your British heavy will be helpless if they got beside your tank.
  • The only tank that I spent much premium ammo is the Black Prince if my memory serves me right. Because... tier-VIII and -IX heavies
  • Even the premium FV201 (A45), I rarely use premium ammo on that premium tank.
  • Free XP'd the remaining 5k battle exp if I remember correctly to unlock the Caernarvon; I know it was a waste but I got too excited to get the Caernarvon.
  • Free XP'd a module or two on the Caernarvon.
  • Free XP'd the Conqueror's top gun.

Edited by BaconMeLoveIt, Sep 13 2017 - 02:25.

Kekistani #11 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 02:48

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23937 battles
  • [-KEK-] -KEK-
I'm still waiting for WG to announce officially if they're going to give the FV215b as a free reward tank or not. If they do I'll grind that line ASAP, but if not then there's no reason for me to rush it.

ClosedCoffin #12 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 02:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43411 battles
  • [MRCS] MRCS

View PostRedwave11, on Sep 12 2017 - 19:12, said:

Do you think it has to be purchased to get the SC or can you just research the FV215b and still buy it after the patch?

Edited by ClosedCoffin, Sep 13 2017 - 02:51.

Dirizon #13 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 03:12

Major

• Players
  • 26145 battles

View PostBaconMeLoveIt, on Sep 12 2017 - 20:54, said:

• Played those tanks as purely support. So had to rely on team mate a lot.
  • Flat land is your paradise. Hills, mounds, and ridges are hell.
  • Don't let any low profile tanks near you. Just like the Japanese heavy tanks; your British heavy will be helpless if they got beside your tank.
  • The only tank that I spent much premium ammo is the Black Prince if my memory serves me right. Because... tier-VIII and -IX heavies
  • Even the premium FV201 (A45), I rarely use premium ammo on that premium tank.
  • Free XP'd the remaining 5k battle exp if I remember correctly to unlock the Caernarvon; I know it was a waste but I got too excited to get the Caernarvon.
  • Free XP'd a module or two on the Caernarvon.
  • Free XP'd the Conqueror's top gun.

British tanks have gun depression. Just e churchills don't. Even 215B has an acceptable -7

The_Bezaleel #14 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 05:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22034 battles
  • [AP3X_] AP3X_

I finished up the UK HT line about 2 years ago, here's my take.

Churchill VII: Sort of sets the standard for the rest of the line along with the Churchill I. When top tier play the front, use your good ROF against your enemy's poor one when possible to hit them 2-3 times for their one. Your armor is quite usable here I always angled in a diamond, with the corner of my tank pointing towards the greatest threat. The more you can keep your gun firing the better things turn out so focus on positioning first because it's speed makes it hard to reposition later in the battle. If your not top tier try and use your gun's good pen and accuracy to play a second line or third line position.

Black Prince: I wouldn't free XP this one, Pretty viable even in competitive play and plays very similar to it's predecessor but with much more armor and a better gun. I found that face hugging can be a great idea in some situations on the BP really depending on how many enemies you are dealing with and how strong their front hull is. I have won against many KV-5's unscathed with that technique. Initial positioning is still important and front line play is almost all I did with it but I suppose you could make 2nd or 3rd line work too. I would free XP as many modules as possible but grind the Caern out.

Caernarvon: I happened to have the free XP on hand to completely bypass this one so I can't speak for it but with this new buff to the turret and ROF it could be pretty good. I know from fighting it; it's upper glass, HP pool, and Centurion gun are it's main strengths but that's about all I know.

Conqueror: Strong frontal armor overall, watch out for shots to the lower plate and commanders hatch though. The hatch is angled so using your gun depression can really help bounce shots off of it. If all else fails though just wiggle. It's gun is great but will be nerfed in it's ROF. I think that is still workable though with it's great handling and pen. You have some gun depression so some hills and dips can be utilized now. I find you can play a mix of front line and 2nd line very well in this tank. You have got some more speed in this heavy than previously in the line so use it to flank or reposition when you can.

FV215b: The 215b is a DPM machine so keep that gun in play as much as possible and you will make up your HP and more most of the time. It's also got great handling and pen to back it up. -7 degrees is enough gun depression to make the FV a great snapshotting tank along with it's great aimtime, so hills can be a very good place to go if you know what your doing. Sidescraping can work on the FV but there isn't as much side armor on it as compared to other heavies sides and the FV's turret ring sticks out to top it off. If you think who your up against a player who won't know about it or you just want to expose less of your tank when you fire, go for it but don't rely on it. Your speed is still pretty good so repositioning is possible. There are a variety of ways to play this tank but I mostly have played frontline or sniped if I could, it's gun is versatile so anything could work as long as things are blowing up because of you.

Hope that helps. o7

Redwave11 #15 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 05:35

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16804 battles
  • [RIP-U] RIP-U

View PostKekistani, on Sep 13 2017 - 11:48, said:

I'm still waiting for WG to announce officially if they're going to give the FV215b as a free reward tank or not. If they do I'll grind that line ASAP, but if not then there's no reason for me to rush it.

The Asian server has announced that the FV215b will be receiving the Foch 155 treatment. Generally NA does the same but i will hold off spending free xp until the official announcement for NA.

oldewolfe #16 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 08:43

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11562 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

At the Matilda myself, but with the Computer acting up no Free Tank here....     At least I got my AX before all went Belly Up...

About How Long is that grind thru the Churches to the FV anyway...       The Cent MkI felt like Forever, but the 7/1 was Over in a Blink of an Eye, especially after the L7 was Onboard, and those HESH Rounds can be Loads of Fun....      I have the 2nd Medium Line Fully Unlocked but haven't Crossed Over to the FV4005 end of the Line, staying at the Firefly for a while, but looking into the 1st TD Line and the Deathstar eventually....

This should leave Most everything in the Heavy Line Unlocked I hope, except the 120mm of course... 

FrozenKemp #17 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 15:23

Major

• Players
  • 42686 battles

As I'm working on my guide to the Churchill tanks by playing them all, one thing I would recommend (Maybe obvious) is pause at the Churchill I until your crew hits 100%, and only then advance to the VII.

Having an Excelsior or A45 helps too but that means spending money.

How long the grind feels will depend a huge amount on whether you like or hate the tanks. 

FrozenKemp #18 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 15:26

Major

• Players
  • 42686 battles

View PostClosedCoffin, on Sep 12 2017 - 20:50, said:

Do you think it has to be purchased to get the SC or can you just research the FV215b and still buy it after the patch?

I think you need to have bought it.

oldiowaguy #19 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 15:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19765 battles
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3
https://thearmoredpa...b-swap-details/

oldewolfe #20 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 18:37

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11562 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

I already have the A45....       Forgot him....        lol

Just wondering, beyond the Free Tank which is ALWAYS Worth it, if the Grind was Worth it Overall....

I am about 40K from the Emil II's Top Gun, maybe less, and No Gold for Training to move the Crew....      But it's Close and I can Work Around the rest....        This would be my 2nd Tier 9 along with the T-10 and the AX for my Tier 10 at the moment...     For the most part these are my only Serious Grinds going on...      I have the T-43, the IVH, and can get the 25/2, but these are for the Moment just to Break the Monotony more than Grinding....

If I get the Computer Squared Away, just wondering if I'd make it to the Tier 10 from where I am or if I'd come up Short and it would be a waste of Time....      

Also tagged with Super Conqueror, 2for1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users