Central server lag spikes/issues, Game nearly unplayable...

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

WeAreOU #21 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 03:27

Private

• -Players-
  • 17823 battles
  • [_ICH_] _ICH_
no problems at all for me

LeaveIT2Beaver #22 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 03:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 27988 battles
  • [BRIG] BRIG
  1. Task Manager - Details - select WorldOfTanks.exe and right click - Set Priority to Realtime. Try it.
  2. Task Manger -  Performance - Open Resource Monitor (Process with Network Activity - select WORLDOFTANKS.EXE ) then Network Activity below - should say filtered by WorldOfTanks.exe - Select the 92.223.56.XX IP address - run ping plotter and play the game - check the lag (this is the exact IP address connecting you to WoT)
    1. Note that I switched to WinMTR as it seems to have better data than PingPlotter

Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, Sep 13 2017 - 03:59.

RIA1911 #23 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 03:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5654 battles

Have you ran "pingplotter" or similar program to see where the problem is occurring. I lived within 12o miles of the est server and when i had problems then , it was in the last couple hops right before the server, which were in the same building as the server. The central server has actually been better overall for me (even if ping has doubled), when i have lag or packet loss now , it happens about half way in my trip to the server now, but have so far been short lived when they happen.

Try pingplotter if you haven't and i wish you luck getting it fixed, hate for this to happen to anyone, we need all the players left enjoying themselves. Take care

_Legion_of_Boom_ #24 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 04:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13711 battles
  • [RHD] RHD

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on Sep 13 2017 - 03:53, said:

1. Task Manager - Details - select WorldOfTanks.exe and right click - Set Priority to Realtime. Try it.
  2. Task Manger -  Performance - Open Resource Monitor (Process with Network Activity - select WORLDOFTANKS.EXE ) then Network Activity below - should say filtered by WorldOfTanks.exe - Select the 92.223.56.XX IP address - run ping plotter and play the game - check the lag (this is the exact IP address connecting you to WoT)
    1. Note that I switched to WinMTR as it seems to have better data than PingPlotter

Thanks, I didn't know of that. It is interesting to see something I had always heard/believed. Online gaming uses very little bandwidth. The most WOT got up to was 4 KB/second. 

I found the IP and pinged it (with command prompt) while playing. The game was showing 999+ ping, but it was playing fine, and the command prompt ping results were all about 60-70. Something seems to be messed up somehow with that, but not sure what it means. I will install Ping Plotter and next time it spike, start it. 

ColonelShakes #25 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 09:29

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3940 battles

View Post_Legion_of_Boom_, on Sep 13 2017 - 01:09, said:

Been playing WOT for years, had a good consistent ping for a couple years, then 6 or so months ago, it started getting a bit flaky, but still playable, with pings mostly under 50ms. 

Now with the Central server, ping went to about 80, which would be OK if it wa stable, It is anything but. I am having tons of 999+ pings, complete loss of tank control without any change in ping, 999+ ping showing but playing OK....  When tank becomes unresponsive with 999+ ping, I run a ping test on my other monitor to random places like "Yahoo" or whatever, and they show fine, so it is not my internet. 

I pay for Premium acct, and occasionally buy gold. If the ping & lag issues continue, I will be done with WOT....

Which sucks, because I really enjoy the game.

Zero to do with the server and everything to do with your local network.  Its not even your ISP.  

Glad you are leaving you would be a detriment to any team.  

On a side note , are you connected wirelessly at home ?  lel.

EDIT  : Forgot to add as I try to enlighten other dumb threads like this - testing with ping protocol is garbage.  WOT does not use this protocol.  Also ping protocol has usually zero priority compared to other protocols.  Pinging yahoo when you get lag spikes in game is of no use either.  Different routes.  

The very obvious fact that all of you garbage local network whiners ignore is that not all are experiencing the issue.  This by default excludes the server.  Yet yall continue to whine and pout and blame WG and / or their service providers.  

Edited by ColonelShakes, Sep 13 2017 - 12:46.

TankGremlin #26 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 15:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 31388 battles
Whenever I had issues with lag, rubberbanding, timeouts it was my ISP.

Since the central server was put together my pings have improved and I have not had any lag.

When running tracert's see where it times out, sometimes it's somewhere in between your ISP and the server. Some providers use a least cost routing for data which uses subpar providers.

When I contacted my ISP and gave them the game server address they found the issue and adjusted the routing for better performance. Ping went from 120ms to 35ms, haven't had issues since then.

_Legion_of_Boom_ #27 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 17:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13711 battles
  • [RHD] RHD

View PostColonelShakes, on Sep 13 2017 - 09:29, said:

Zero to do with the server and everything to do with your local network.  Its not even your ISP.  

Glad you are leaving you would be a detriment to any team.  

On a side note , are you connected wirelessly at home ?  lel.

EDIT  : Forgot to add as I try to enlighten other dumb threads like this - testing with ping protocol is garbage.  WOT does not use this protocol.  Also ping protocol has usually zero priority compared to other protocols.  Pinging yahoo when you get lag spikes in game is of no use either.  Different routes.  

The very obvious fact that all of you garbage local network whiners ignore is that not all are experiencing the issue.  This by default excludes the server.  Yet yall continue to whine and pout and blame WG and / or their service providers.  

Excuse me??? 

So were you born an [edited], or did you just pick it up along the way?  You really should actually read threads, before posting and looking like an idiot, I specifically said I am hard wired, not wireless. 

Using pingplotter, I found that I am having occasional packet loss at hop #2, so that falls on my local provider, and I will contact them. But I also lost control of tank, and was even logged out of a game while there were no issues showing in pingplotter(pinging my WOT IP). So there appears to be multiple issues.  

The major problems started exactly with the switch to the Central server. 

A friend of mine, lives 50 miles away, on a different provider, started having the same (more or less) problems with the switch to the central server. A previous poster mentioned having the "Tourettes" like problem, same as me, and he lives on the other side of the country. 

It may be entirely local ISP issues, but it is an odd coincidence, they started with the switch to the central server. You might have tried pointing that out instead of just being a [edited]. (Take TankGremlin's post as an example)

Also, even with my connection issues, I am less of a "detriment" to my teams than you...

Edited by _Legion_of_Boom_, Sep 13 2017 - 17:32.

Rocketmandb #28 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 19:24

Captain

• Players
  • 46053 battles
  • [CARTE] CARTE

View Post_Legion_of_Boom_, on Sep 13 2017 - 00:09, said:

Been playing WOT for years, had a good consistent ping for a couple years, then 6 or so months ago, it started getting a bit flaky, but still playable, with pings mostly under 50ms. 

Now with the Central server, ping went to about 80, which would be OK if it wa stable, It is anything but. I am having tons of 999+ pings, complete loss of tank control without any change in ping, 999+ ping showing but playing OK....  When tank becomes unresponsive with 999+ ping, I run a ping test on my other monitor to random places like "Yahoo" or whatever, and they show fine, so it is not my internet. 

I pay for Premium acct, and occasionally buy gold. If the ping & lag issues continue, I will be done with WOT....

Which sucks, because I really enjoy the game.

Before blaming any lag issue on the server, post a ping plotter graph, or other similar graphic depicting your network path. For all you know, your neighbor could have run over the the network box out at the street and damaged it - ask me how I know that's a realistic possibility...

Uncle_Cookie #29 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 04:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9446 battles
  • [GRID] GRID

View Post_Legion_of_Boom_, on Sep 13 2017 - 02:40, said:

My big problems only started after the Central server, and they started the day after it went live. 

Don't let WG bully anyone I have been round and round with these idiots. I did not have any issues on either the old East or West servers and generally had the same ping and frame rate being in Texas. Sinnce the move of the server WG has tried every excuse in the book when the fact of the matter is the only thing different in this entire equation is the location change of server but WG won't admit that. They have wasted at this point 3 weeks of my premium time and won't compensate me for it and that's BS because the game has been unplayable. I'm willing to bet that my response will be removed because it will be considered derogatory ...I've got news for the snowflakes at WG that it's not derogatory if it's true. I will not stop until I have been compensated for my loss.

Edited by Uncle_Cookie, Sep 14 2017 - 04:36.

darkhorsey #30 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 04:57

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30405 battles
Didn't change at all for me. Very consistent. I'm in Tucson.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users