Auto Team Kill reporting system mistake

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Bytr #1 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 15:13

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7658 battles

At 14:46 in this replay a teammate Strv-103-0 flips onto it's lid.  I try to help push him back upright, gently, but give up because the Skorp is doing a better job of it.  At 13:55 the Strv expires and I am dinged with a Team Kill.   Please note - the Strv never lost any hit points and had his full 1500 health when he expired. The game summary shows 0/0 for Damage Caused to Allies. So I didn't damage the Strv but I was charged with a TK.  Looks like a system bug.

http://wotreplays.eu...1c3b66e6cbedb2 

MacDaddyMatty #2 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 15:16

Major

• -Players-
  • 15740 battles

Did you submit a ticket?

Pipinghot #3 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 15:22

Major

• Players
  • 25826 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
You will never get a resolution on this issue from the forums, your only option is to submit a ticket with the replay attached.

Bytr #4 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 15:26

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7658 battles

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Sep 13 2017 - 07:16, said:

Did you submit a ticket?

Yes, but I didn't do a bug report ticket as I was thinking a TK was something really bad to have on my "record" so I just asked them to remove it. So I didn't know how TK's work and since I wasn't banned or turned blue my TK just wasn't a big deal.  At any rate, the responded that the TK was an automatic system that gave me a TK because I was the last player to damage the dead teammate and they couldn't make any adjustments to the stats even if they wanted to.  So not big deal, but I didn't do damage to the teammate so I figure there is a bug in the system.

_Schneller_Heinz_ #5 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 15:27

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1931 battles

View PostPipinghot, on Sep 13 2017 - 15:22, said:

You will never get a resolution on this issue from the forums, your only option is to submit a ticket with the replay attached.

What good does submitting a ticket do???

Because you get banned and you have to eat it anyway.

Besides the point I submitted two tickets on this drab old topic and the only thing I got out of it were two prefabricated copy paste reply's which put me back to step one were I started.

Edited by _Schneller_Heinz_, Sep 13 2017 - 15:28.

heavymetal1967 #6 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 15:32

Major

• Players
  • 58538 battles

I'm guessing you got marked with team kill since you made contact with him before his tank was destroyed.   I know the system tracks if you push a tank to it's death crash/drowning or if you crush it - maybe even with no damage.  Or you may have damaged a module like its tracks - that they do track.

Regardless of how or what the parameters are it seems to have tracked you making contact.  And since he died from a flip (physics) you got the blame even though he was already flipped.

The auto system has some holes in it for sure.  I think you found another.  I know if you accidentally flip a tank that is already on its side to on its top you get blamed for the damage. 

OP I wouldn't worry about it too much.  Unless you have a history of tks/team damage it won't matter and should clear/reset relatively soon.  Soon being based on foe damage inflicted not time.

dnaman #7 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 16:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25129 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_
This is another hole in the system.  Just like the one that people exploit to one shot arty on their own team.  What kills me is that their customer support people won't deal with issues like this at all, they simply take the stance "it's automated" like that's a valid answer.

Bytr #8 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 17:02

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7658 battles

View Postheavymetal1967, on Sep 13 2017 - 07:32, said:

I'm guessing you got marked with team kill since you made contact with him before his tank was destroyed.   I know the system tracks if you push a tank to it's death crash/drowning or if you crush it - maybe even with no damage.  Or you may have damaged a module like its tracks - that they do track.

Regardless of how or what the parameters are it seems to have tracked you making contact.  And since he died from a flip (physics) you got the blame even though he was already flipped.

The auto system has some holes in it for sure.  I think you found another.  I know if you accidentally flip a tank that is already on its side to on its top you get blamed for the damage. 

OP I wouldn't worry about it too much.  Unless you have a history of tks/team damage it won't matter and should clear/reset relatively soon.  Soon being based on foe damage inflicted not time.

Good point about pushing someone to their death - hadn't thought about that angle and punishing that kinda crap is important.  

Pipinghot #9 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 17:14

Major

• Players
  • 25826 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Post_Schneller_Heinz_, on Sep 13 2017 - 09:27, said:

View PostPipinghot, on Sep 13 2017 - 15:22, said:

What good does submitting a ticket do???

It does more good than not submitting a ticket.

Because you get banned and you have to eat it anyway.

Not entirely true. Each time you get banned the ban is longer. 1 hour the first time, and then... longer after that. I don't know the actual numbers because I've never been banned for TK'ing, but the point is that multiple bans get longer each time.

If you submit a ticket, they review your ban, and if they agree that you should not have been banned then they remove that ban from your record, so if it happens again you will only be banned for 1 hour when it happens again. If you don't submit a ticket and it happens again, then your next ban will be even longer. And if it happens again, even longer the next time. So if you don't submit a ticket you're not just eating the 1 hour ban, you're running a risk of eating longer, more frustrating bans in the future.

Besides the point I submitted two tickets on this drab old topic and the only thing I got out of it were two prefabricated copy paste reply's which put me back to step one were I started.

Yeah, I completely understand your frustration there. WG is like every other game company, they almost always send back automated copy/paste replies when you first submit a ticket. The only way to get them to really look at your issue is to keep replying, be persistent, and try to escalate. It can be a pain in the neck, we've all gone through it with WG and/or other games, but it's the only way to get through the system.

So you can be a little persistent, and keep replying & escalating, or accept that you might be eating multiple, longer bans in the future.

But no matter what you choose, posting complaints about bans here on the forums will never get you anything from WG, you have to do it via the ticketing system if you ever hope to make any progress.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users