Bushka

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

YANKEE137 #1 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 16:16

Major

• -Players-
  • 9094 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

Funny  if you came here from Blitz like me  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L867LucjrM

He makes no bones- he screws up massively, buys a tier 8 premium as a starter, gets reamed but maintains his good humor.

Edited by YANKEE137, Sep 13 2017 - 16:18.

__WarChild__ #2 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 17:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 15810 battles
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE

That's good stuff right there. I came over from Blitz too (when Update 3.8 took so much away from the game) a couple months ago.  My initial experiences here were less than stellar and here are some 1 minute clips to prove it:

1) Death by Fire: https://youtu.be/Nxo5RGR-LTI

2) Death by Water: https://youtu.be/mjvcvyPgmZ0

3) Death from Above: https://youtu.be/ZnHi6SUvxRM

Bushka is a good dude and works hard to make ends meet with Blitz.  The changes that Russia made to the game created a mass exodus and I'm sad to see that Bushka has had to look to other titles to try and maintain the growth he was experiencing previously.  One of the things that I really like about WoT is that the American staff seem to have a lot more input/control over things (and they moved the best Staff from Blitz to WoT too - Cabbage/Sly).

I'm glad to be here now that I've gotten used to the game a bit. I still have a long way to go, but I'm having a blast.

Happy Tanking!

Blitz: _War_Child_

WoT: WinningWithWarchild

PS - I was upset with Blitz and saw the SirFoch rant about the Chrysler, so I thought I'd buy a Tier 8 premium to start this game as well (T-127 came with my initial package).  Although I don't recommend going straight to Tier 8, I've enjoyed the Chrysler since I started playing it. 

YANKEE137 #3 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 18:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 9094 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
3.8 just ruined Blitz for me. Timers are for ripping off kids.

__WarChild__ #4 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 20:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 15810 battles
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE

View PostYANKEE137, on Sep 13 2017 - 11:20, said:

3.8 just ruined Blitz for me. Timers are for ripping off kids.

I don't even give a dang about the timers, but the took all 100+ of my tanks that were loaded to the maximum and stripped them of being 100%. They had 33% available for a price but you have to do all kinds of junk to get the remaining 66%.  I paid for those tanks to be at 100% and competitive with money and a boatload of time/grinding.  Now, when I go through my tanks that I haven't played in a while, they're all at 33% of equipment because I can't even BUY spare parts.  I'm still hoping the Russian morons that came up with that get fired.

Wargaming Blitz basically said: 

"Hey, I know you paid for and worked hard to get your whole garage to 100%, but how about this... We here are Wargaming are going to take all of your equipment away that you paid for without your permission (stealing).  Then we're going to put them in a Pawn Shop and make you buy them back.  They'll be dented/scratched a bit (10% is now 7%, etc.) but they'll still work to some extent.  You're never getting the good stuff back (binoculars) even though you paid for it.  We're not going to give you any compensation for any of our shenanigans.  We're not going to apologize or do anything to make you feel better.  Oh, and we lost a bunch of your stuff so you'll NEVER be able to put it all back - ever.  But here, grind every day twice a day and after a few weeks, you'll be able to afford 1 piece on a lower tier tank you don't care about."

- This doesn't even mention the Timers issue.  Which, like I said, I don't really care that much that they put timers on stuff - I'm patient and I can wait.  The fact that you can't even get enough spare parts though is just insane.  The fact that they moved all NA Staff out of there to other games shows me where their priorities are.

Edited by WinningWithWarchild, Sep 13 2017 - 20:46.

brengunner #5 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 04:00

Private

• -Players-
  • 549 battles
  • [BAM-] BAM-

Hi guys.

I moved from blitz about 2 weeks ago.. i actually liked blitz but it was just getting continually worse to play, so i started out on PC... idk if it was a good idea cause i suck soo bad at PC, have about a 47% W/R :^(..

Necrolegion #6 Posted Mar 08 2018 - 04:39

Major

• Players
  • 17987 battles

LOL I play Blitz on occasions still. I played it in Beta, didn't like it, then when it came out on Windows 10, I tried it (on my Win 10 tablet), didn't like it. Then it came out on Steam, tried it again and it was OK with M&K.

The thing I liked was the smaller maps and fewer tank numbers. Made battles really short and to the point.

As for my tips for you guys in PC?

1. Enable Battle Recording, through in-game client. Use your replays to revisit your mistakes. Take mental notes of each mistake and figure out what you could have done better.
  2. Use a stat tracking site or app, like WotLabs.net, noobmeter, etc. Keep track of your skill progression. Key things you want to improve is your Average Damage and Win Rate.
  3. Use a tank stat site like Tanks.gg or Knowledge Base for Wot (Android App). Use that to learn weakspots of tanks you have trouble penetrating. 
  4. Learn how to make the most of spotting and camouflage mechanics in-game.
  5. Learn how what skills to give your crews.
  6. Learn what equipment to mount on your tanks.

More Detailed Explanation..

1: Okay, so you find yourself frustrated because you are constantly dying and losing. You will try to blame your team, then try to blame Wargaming for rigging the games against you. This turns out to not be the case though. If you go back and look at your mistakes, more often then not, you will realize you were the problem. Example: You poke out of a corner or ridge and get tracked, then kept permanently tracked while taking damage. Examine how and why that happened. Maybe you didn't have a repair kit, or your repair kit was on cooldown. Next time, don't poke out without an repair kit ready. Alternatively, you can learn other ways to handle a situation like this. Like, how to hull down (hide your hull and only expose your stronger turret), side scrape (exposing your side armor at an angle that effectively makes it impenetrable), or bait a shot [by pulling out of a corner partially and pulling back in quickly, but just enough to only expose a small surface area confusing your opponent into leading their shot too far out and missing]. 

2: Make a habbit to check your progress after every gaming session to see if your average damage per game and win rate are going up or down. If you find that it is going down, maybe shorten your game sessions. Example: If I lose 5 games in a row, I make the call to close the game for the day. Playing while stressed or angered only increases the odds of you making a mistake in-game. So, take a breather, a break for a few hours or a day(s) after loss streaks. Whatever you do, don't keep playing if you are 0-10! If your average damage is decreasing, check and see why. Are you playing lower tiers? If not, then are you contributing to your team's victory. If not, go back and analyze your replays or tanks you are facing (armor profiles).

3: Tanks.gg is an excellent tool to compare different scenarios. You can check armor penetration chances with different guns and ammunition. Example is, I didn't know where to shoot a T-44/100, or T-54 mod.1 when they were buffed or the newly released VK 100.01. I went on Tanks.gg and my android app (Knowledge Base for WoT) and found out that I can easily pen them by shooting them near the gun mantlet (frontally), on the flat side part of their turret, when angled towards me, and that the VK100 has a 220mm cupola and 200mm lower plate. I learned not to waste my time shooting them with anything lower than 230mm of pen frontally. 

4: Spotting has two methods of detection. The 1st is a comparison between your tank's camouflage value, which increases the view range needed to spot you, and the 2nd is the proxy spotting that happens instantly when you are near a tank at 50m or less. You can take advantage of proxy spotting when your enemy is hugging a ridge, like on Mines. Driving near the ridges will proxy spot tanks either below or above you and they cannot shoot at you. Keeping them proxy spotted though helps your camping TDs and artillery to kill them and damage them, giving you assisted damage (that is if they are within line of fire). Concealment is another thing that players overlook! Okay, so bushes and trees that you knock down all provide a small camouflage factor. You can exploit this by purposefully knocking down trees to create concealment when there aren't bushes around. You can only spot or be spotted (assuming your crew has camouflage and your tank's camouflage is high enough), when the bush you are using is transparent to you or the enemy. What this means is that if you enter a bush, and while in sniper view, it looks transparent to you, you can spot, but retain the bushes camouflage bonus. If you fire from within the bush, while it is transparent, the bushes camouflage bonus is nullified, causing you to get spotted as shooting also drops your camouflage. BUUUUTTTTT!!!! If you pull back out of a bush, until it turns opaque (you can no longer see through it), the bush keeps its camouflage bonus and if you fire through it, it doesn't lose it, keeping you concealed/unspotted. Then if you want to spot enemy again, just pull back into bush until it is transparent and repeat!

5: Generally, tank crew skills are broken like this: HTs: Repairs on all crew members (1st set of skills). 6th sense, snap-shot, smooth ride, and safe stowage (2nd set), BIA on all crew members (3rd set), Firefighting on all (4th set) OR Recon, preventative maintenance, armorer, situational awareness (4th set). MTs: All of HT's 2nd set of skills (mentioned previously as their 1st set, Camouflage on all (2nd set) OR Repairs (2nd Set) depending on if your MT is a sniper or brawler. BIA 3rd set. LTs: Camouflage on 1st set on all crew members, 2nd set will be the same as MTs 1st set of skills, BIA 3rd set. TDs: Same as LTs for 1st set or same as HTs 1st set if its primarily a brawler, but for 2nd Set be same as MTs 1st set.

6: HTs: Vert Stab, Vents, Rammer. MTs: Vert Stab, Vents or Optics, Rammer. LTs: Vert Stab, Optics or Binocs, Rammer. TDs: Camo Net, Rammer, Binocs OR Vents, Rammer, Optics/GLD if brawler.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users