Training Mode to Learn Tank Weakspots

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Bytr #1 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 17:24

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8944 battles
  • [05H20] 05H20
I'm a pretty bad player and I'd like to get better even after watching videos and doing the low level training stuff.  Something that would help me would be a training mode where I could pick a tank, like one of the super heavies, and just shoot it for a while from different angles to see what pens and what doesn't using the tank and ammo I normally use in regular battles.  I understand the training rooms could be used for that sort of thing but it would be easier if I could do it on my own whenever.

mattwong #2 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 17:26

Major

• Players
  • 30341 battles

You can use a training room, but in a hilarious example of WarGaming's desire to monetize its customer base, you actually have to pay for any ammo you use in the training room.  So if you want to learn where standard rounds can pen a tank, it's not too expensive, but if you want to train on killing tanks that are really tough and require premium rounds, it's going to cost you.

PS. You also need a partner who has the tank you want to practice on, or the two of you can wait until the Test Server for the next update goes on-line.

Edited by mattwong, Sep 13 2017 - 17:26.

CN_Minus #3 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 17:30

Captain

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 11682 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
You can use this website instead ​https://tanks.gg/ to view armor models 

Bytr #4 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 18:02

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8944 battles
  • [05H20] 05H20

View PostCN_Minus, on Sep 13 2017 - 09:30, said:

You can use this website instead ​https://tanks.gg/ to view armor models 

Good point - Tanks gg is very useful for studying tanks - but I'm hardwired for "learning by doing", so shooting the actual tank would do me far more good when I get a realtime battle than trying to remember what I saw on Tanks gg. 

Awestryker #5 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 20:00

Major

• Players
  • 23416 battles

View PostBytr, on Sep 13 2017 - 11:24, said:

I'm a pretty bad player and I'd like to get better even after watching videos and doing the low level training stuff.  Something that would help me would be a training mode where I could pick a tank, like one of the super heavies, and just shoot it for a while from different angles to see what pens and what doesn't using the tank and ammo I normally use in regular battles.  I understand the training rooms could be used for that sort of thing but it would be easier if I could do it on my own whenever.

You can also download mods to lay weak spot skins over enemy tanks so you can see it right in the game...

Check out Aslain's mod pack which has them in it...

http://aslain.com/in...-sound-preview/

I used to use those skins but stopped like 5k or 10k games ago...as the weak spots are pretty consistent in most tanks and the few that are not are now committed to memory....

Aslain is pretty good about making sure that nothing in there is ban-able...

Another thing to do, install XVM so you can see who is good on your team and who is not, then pick a player on your team in the same type tank as you and same tier or higher and follow them, support them, shoot at what they shoot at, just don't get in their way...learn from them...learn where they go in that map in that type of tank...

There is also a LOT of videos out there about "where to go" on maps in different tank types...

Check out 4Tankersanddog on Youtube as one guy...

Also, spend some time watching Zeven's (also on Youtube) "player replay review" videos...he gives a LOT of good advice on what to do in different situations...

All these things are Sooooo fluid as there is no "always right" or "always wrong", but if you watch enough of it, you start to develop a knack for what to do or how to react...

Edited by Awestryker, Sep 13 2017 - 20:11.

Ape_Drape #6 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 19:38

Captain

• Players
  • 37484 battles
  • [SOT] SOT

View PostAwestryker, on Sep 13 2017 - 20:00, said:

You can also download mods to lay weak spot skins over enemy tanks so you can see it right in the game...

Check out Aslain's mod pack which has them in it...

http://aslain.com/in...-sound-preview/

I used to use those skins but stopped like 5k or 10k games ago...as the weak spots are pretty consistent in most tanks and the few that are not are now committed to memory....

Aslain is pretty good about making sure that nothing in there is ban-able...

Another thing to do, install XVM so you can see who is good on your team and who is not, then pick a player on your team in the same type tank as you and same tier or higher and follow them, support them, shoot at what they shoot at, just don't get in their way...learn from them...learn where they go in that map in that type of tank...

There is also a LOT of videos out there about "where to go" on maps in different tank types...

Check out 4Tankersanddog on Youtube as one guy...

Also, spend some time watching Zeven's (also on Youtube) "player replay review" videos...he gives a LOT of good advice on what to do in different situations...

All these things are Sooooo fluid as there is no "always right" or "always wrong", but if you watch enough of it, you start to develop a knack for what to do or how to react...

Ah... the ol' Partridge Family Bus skins.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users