Jump to content


Spanish Speaking Forum

Spanish Speaking South America Latin America Forum Options Language support

  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

84Doc04 #1 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 20:57

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 17868 battles
  • 1,172
  • [E-T-D] E-T-D
  • Member since:
    11-10-2014

Can we segregate the Spanish and Portuguese speakers out of the regular forum?  Not to be snarky, they are just as valuable members of the WG community as everyone else, but having posts in several languages is becoming far more common of late.  

If there were a forum setting for language, they could see only the posts in their language and the English speaking folks wouldn't have a bunch of posts in our feeds that we couldn't read if we wanted to.....

Again, I'm NOT talking down to them.  I'm sure it's frustrating for them as well with 25 posts they can't read in English and 12 in Spanish plus the 4 or 5 more in Portuguese.....   



Trooper13 #2 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 21:03

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 24428 battles
  • 226
  • Member since:
    09-29-2010
Well presented and a worthwhile suggestion.  I'm sure WOT could carve out a small section for that.  It just makes sense.

tod914 #3 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 21:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 50683 battles
  • 2,065
  • [RDNKS] RDNKS
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

They already have one.  It's down at the very bottom of the main page.  Likely why most miss it.

 

http://forum.worldof...0-foro-espanol/


Edited by tod914, Sep 13 2017 - 21:12.


V_A_C_A #4 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 21:14

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 18230 battles
  • 1,411
  • [BREJO] BREJO
  • Member since:
    06-02-2015
It is already segregated. It's on the bottom of the page, on "International Forums" (of the NA server).
And it's also segregated inside of it, in:
"Foro Español" (for the spanish speakers);
"Forum Français" (for the french speakers, like Canadians, and French Guyana, and some islands of the Caribbean) and
"Fórum Brasileiro" (for the portuguese speakers).
;)

V_A_C_A #5 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 21:19

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 18230 battles
  • 1,411
  • [BREJO] BREJO
  • Member since:
    06-02-2015
Maybe the OP wants that the "recent topics" shows only "recent topics" of english speakers.
That's not how it works.
It shows "recent topics" from every forum of the NA server.
(I'm trying to guess what OP wants)

diego999 #6 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 21:47

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 29626 battles
  • 4,424
  • [ACA] ACA
  • Member since:
    11-22-2010

View Post84Doc04, on Sep 13 2017 - 16:57, said:

 I'm sure it's frustrating for them as well with 25 posts they can't read in English and 12 in Spanish plus the 4 or 5 more in Portuguese.....   

 

I can read english, spanish and portuguese. You don't speak for me. Thank you.

Pipinghot #7 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 21:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 25838 battles
  • 7,558
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    11-20-2011

View Post84Doc04, on Sep 13 2017 - 14:57, said:

Can we segregate the Spanish and Portuguese speakers out of the regular forum?

1) "Segregate" has some pretty nasty implications, you should really think twice about its history before you throw it into your posts. Maybe you're ethno-phobic, maybe not, but any talk of segregation casts a sinister shadow over your motives.

 

2) There are already separate sections for different languages

http://forum.worldoftanks.com >> International Forums >> Foro Español

http://forum.worldoftanks.com >> International Forums >> Forum Français

http://forum.worldoftanks.com >> International Forums >> Fórum Brasileiro

View Post84Doc04, on Sep 13 2017 - 14:57, said:

If there were a forum setting for language, they could see only the posts in their language and the English speaking folks wouldn't have a bunch of posts in our feeds that we couldn't read if we wanted to...

#FirstWorldProblems

 

It takes about a tenth of a second to scroll past a post in a language you don't understand. Don't try to pretend that it's a huge burden on your resources. Move on, get over it.

View Post84Doc04, on Sep 13 2017 - 14:57, said:

Again, I'm NOT talking down to them.  I'm sure it's frustrating for them as well with 25 posts they can't read in English and 12 in Spanish plus the 4 or 5 more in Portuguese.....   

You're making a huge (and usually very wrong) assumption that they can't read and understand multiple languages. Just because you only understand one language doesn't mean that other people have this limitation. It's time to come out of your cave and understand that the world is full of multi-lingual people.


Edited by Pipinghot, Sep 13 2017 - 21:54.


xSzikll #8 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 22:14

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 7776 battles
  • 250
  • [27-F] 27-F
  • Member since:
    12-23-2016
I don't care about the international sections of the forum, I talk Spanish but it doesn't matter when Spanish is dead in this forum. I assume that almost everyone can understand at least a bit of English.

Da_Craw #9 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 23:22

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 22121 battles
  • 2,037
  • [DOG5] DOG5
  • Member since:
    05-30-2014

View PostV_A_C_A, on Sep 13 2017 - 14:14, said:

It is already segregated. It's on the bottom of the page, on "International Forums" (of the NA server).
And it's also segregated inside of it, in:
"Foro Español" (for the spanish speakers);
"Forum Français" (for the french speakers, like Canadians, and French Guyana, and some islands of the Caribbean) and
"Fórum Brasileiro" (for the portuguese speakers).
;)

 

And the Dutch Antilles continue to get SCREWED!

Pipinghot #10 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 15:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 25838 battles
  • 7,558
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    11-20-2011

View PostDa_Craw, on Sep 13 2017 - 17:22, said:

And the Dutch Antilles continue to get SCREWED!

Thanks for the LoL, +1 for you.



MacDaddyMatty #11 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 15:35

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 17699 battles
  • 3,493
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    10-07-2016

View PostPipinghot, on Sep 13 2017 - 15:52, said:

1) "Segregate" has some pretty nasty implications, you should really think twice about its history before you throw it into your posts. Maybe you're ethno-phobic, maybe not, but any talk of segregation casts a sinister shadow over your motives.

 

I like to segregate my smoked salmon from my chocolate cake.

I hope that doesn't make me a bad person, I'm just weird that way.

;)



Pipinghot #12 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 16:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 25838 battles
  • 7,558
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    11-20-2011

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Sep 14 2017 - 09:35, said:

I like to segregate my smoked salmon from my chocolate cake.

I hope that doesn't make me a bad person, I'm just weird that way.

For your fish, no one cares. Context matters.



MacDaddyMatty #13 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 16:24

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 17699 battles
  • 3,493
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    10-07-2016

View PostPipinghot, on Sep 14 2017 - 10:01, said:

For your fish, no one cares.

 

Aw.

:(






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users