cpu

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

lordawesome7 #1 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 01:28

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19604 battles
  • [NICO] NICO

as the title says, i am having both extreme overheating and occasional crashes (though i don't think wot likes how much i alt tab, that seems to be when it occurs the most often)

my laptop shouldn't have any issues running this game and my gpu temps are fine, however my cpu temps average 80-85 C while playing wot (and minimal background activities, if any), it doesn't hit these temps whenever im playing other games

not sure why its only in this game, but i feel this game gets more buggy with each "patch"

Edited by lordawesome7, Sep 14 2017 - 01:42.

Viper69 #2 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 02:08

Major

• Players
  • 7425 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Do you have a lot of pets in your house or work outside a lot? It could be full of dust and your CPU sink isn't loaded.

rich73 #3 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 02:11

Major

• Players
  • 42986 battles
Temp is normal,crashing is not,but it does happen, too often, but its what we got.Last time for me had to roll back vid drivers a couple of versions back.the next 2 vid drivers that were released wouldnt work but the 3rd version did.So I had to play with old drivers for a couple of months.Sometimes deleting the wg file in %appdata% would work.Good luck.Again the temp is normal for gaming operation tho you can buy a card that will run cooler such as a twin frozen from msi.My old card would reach 90c and the new one maxes at 70c.

lordawesome7 #4 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 17:28

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19604 battles
  • [NICO] NICO

View PostViper69, on Sep 13 2017 - 20:08, said:

Do you have a lot of pets in your house or work outside a lot? It could be full of dust and your CPU sink isn't loaded.

View Postlordawesome7, on Sep 13 2017 - 19:28, said:

as the title says, i am having both extreme overheating and occasional crashes (though i don't think wot likes how much i alt tab, that seems to be when it occurs the most often)

my laptop shouldn't have any issues running this game and my gpu temps are fine, however my cpu temps average 80-85 C while playing wot (and minimal background activities, if any), it doesn't hit these temps whenever im playing other games

not sure why its only in this game, but i feel this game gets more buggy with each "patch"

its a laptop not a desktop; also its relatively new and there is no dust in the vents

lordawesome7 #5 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 17:31

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19604 battles
  • [NICO] NICO

View Postrich73, on Sep 13 2017 - 20:11, said:

Temp is normal,crashing is not,but it does happen, too often, but its what we got.Last time for me had to roll back vid drivers a couple of versions back.the next 2 vid drivers that were released wouldnt work but the 3rd version did.So I had to play with old drivers for a couple of months.Sometimes deleting the wg file in %appdata% would work.Good luck.Again the temp is normal for gaming operation tho you can buy a card that will run cooler such as a twin frozen from msi.My old card would reach 90c and the new one maxes at 70c.

its not a gpu issue (it runs around the 70's), its the cpu i was concerned about since it reaches such high temps for seemingly no reason compared to my desktop which has a much weaker cpu, but doesn't have the insane heat issue or crashing that im having on my laptop cpu

Also tagged with cpu

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users