• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Lycan_Knight #1 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 03:15

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 11688 battles
  • [I_K_U] I_K_U

Moderated by Volier_Zcit

Edited by Volier_Zcit, Sep 14 2017 - 07:30.

Bush_Hippie #2 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 03:18

Private

• -Players-
  • 9 battles

1) shut chat off, then it's not a problem.

2) avoid getting a strike for discussing/debating WG's actions.

3) If you overact to being called names, and still insist on keeping chat on, there is not much that can be done to help you

LeaveIT2Beaver #3 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 03:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 28007 battles
  • [BRIG] BRIG
You need to really edit this thread or some lamer will take action

Bolsak #4 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 03:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 3186 battles
I think it's funny when someone curses you out or has something derogatory to say to you and then when you retort they are offended. It happens in all MMO type games, social media and in life. I work in a field where we are verbally abused on a regular basis by the occupants of the facilities that we oversee and we have to hold ourselves to a higher level of professionalism... I usually just take usually look at the caliber of the person and say to myself that I'm better than them and just move on. Shutting off chat in these types of games is a great recommendation.

Edited by Bolsak, Sep 14 2017 - 03:49.

Colddawg #5 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 03:32

Major

• Players
  • 42981 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
WG doesn't ban anyone anymore so it can be classified as a non-working system.  The only ones who do anything regarding rule enforcement are the forum mods.

heavymetal1967 #6 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 03:32

Major

• Players
  • 58433 battles

From your post it seems like it's working tbh.  The only way they'll actually sanction someone for language is if you file a ticket and attach a screenshot or replay as proof.  For them to sanction him you'd have to do the same or if his proof had him using the same type language.

Btw how do you know he didn't get sanctioned?  Discipline by WG is confidential, they'll only reply in vague terms that they investigated the complaint and applied the appropriate action without getting specific.  And afaik that's only if you attach proof.  Without proof I think you get a canned reply about needing proof.

Lycan_Knight #7 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 03:34

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 11688 battles
  • [I_K_U] I_K_U

View PostBush_Hippie, on Sep 13 2017 - 21:18, said:

1) shut chat off, then it's not a problem.

2) avoid getting a strike for discussing/debating WG's actions.

3) If you overact to being called names, and still insist on keeping chat on, there is not much that can be done to help you

1) while turning off chat supports avoiding a problem, there are some scenarios where the in-game chat (specifically) can be an extreme help. especially if your ally is actually willing to communicate and support, communication can be a big role in altering a loss into a win

2) Being quiet about odd situations like this is why they keep happening. I've already sent in a ticket confronting this situation so we'll see how it goes, although i'm sure it'll just be another automated response :/

3) Over-reacting isn't what i'd call this (since it was done on both ends i'd call it more of a squabble or sailor's "rage"). He ripped into me and the rest of the team (like most individuals during a crap game would do), I rebuttled telling him to can it and carry harder next time, he came after me in garage told him not to let the door hit 'em where the lord split 'em, he came back more mouthy, the argument spiraled downhill from there and found myself a chat strike not an hour later after blacklisting him :D it was actually kind of hilarious to sign back on to see even if the outcome was expected.

Lycan_Knight #8 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 03:36

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 11688 battles
  • [I_K_U] I_K_U

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on Sep 13 2017 - 21:30, said:

You need to really edit this thread or some lamer will take action

I'll see what i can do. But idk how much more simplified / vague i can be on something like this .-.

Lycan_Knight #9 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 03:42

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 11688 battles
  • [I_K_U] I_K_U

View Postheavymetal1967, on Sep 13 2017 - 21:32, said:

From your post it seems like it's working tbh.  The only way they'll actually sanction someone for language is if you file a ticket and attach a screenshot or replay as proof.  For them to sanction him you'd have to do the same or if his proof had him using the same type language.

Btw how do you know he didn't get sanctioned?  Discipline by WG is confidential, they'll only reply in vague terms that they investigated the complaint and applied the appropriate action without getting specific.  And afaik that's only if you attach proof.  Without proof I think you get a canned reply about needing proof.

I ran into him shortly after getting back online (blacklist radar on his name of course) and the team was griping about him calling me crap in the game chat and telling him to focus on the match, it's the only reason i knew they hadn't hit him on top of it for the same ordeal. And if i were to attach proof it'd be shaming the individual, in turn getting me another strike. Proof aside from brief encountering in this situation would only further damage.

heavymetal1967 #10 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 03:48

Major

• Players
  • 58433 battles

View PostLycan_Knight, on Sep 13 2017 - 22:42, said:

I ran into him shortly after getting back online (blacklist radar on his name of course) and the team was griping about him calling me crap in the game chat and telling him to focus on the match, it's the only reason i knew they hadn't hit him on top of it for the same ordeal. And if i were to attach proof it'd be shaming the individual, in turn getting me another strike. Proof aside from brief encountering in this situation would only further damage.

Just an FYI.  Name and shame doesn't apply to tickets to support, only if you do it in public like on the forum.  

ash_burn #11 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 03:51

Private

• Players
  • 35126 battles

I found a solution for myself while being banned from in-game chat: when on a bad team - drive straight to the lake. no chat needed.

Lycan_Knight #12 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 03:54

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 11688 battles
  • [I_K_U] I_K_U

View Postheavymetal1967, on Sep 13 2017 - 21:48, said:

Just an FYI.  Name and shame doesn't apply to tickets to support, only if you do it in public like on the forum.  

oh i know. I didn't hide squat in the ticket, sent in pictures and everything. I tend to share these outbreaks with my gaming community over on Discord :P They make wonderful screenshots for tickets too. :)

Bush_Hippie #13 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 03:56

Private

• -Players-
  • 9 battles

There is alway just a yolo for the garage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users