I got hacked

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

DONAL #1 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 10:22

Private

• Players
  • 8709 battles

So on Monday I was playing in my hummel  and my game kicked me out and it said someones on my wows account but I didn't even have that installed and i tried to reconnect about like 20 times till soon after that a message popped up saying that I had the wrong password which I didn't then I thought it was war gaming glitch so I left it alone for 2 days and today when I try to get back on it lets me so I get on and all my crews on my tanks are deleted. My gold was used to buy a dicker max and 2 tier 3 american light tanks. I had 6700 gold but it was all used up my credits use to be 4.5 mill and it was reduced to 9000. My name was blue like I was being team killed.l All of my modules on my tanks were sold. I would like to get my account restored or the problem resolved. Any suggestions on what I should do? I have an video of my account. https://www.youtube....h?v=qA-v6YFWiJ8 the video quality is poor but I can provide screen shots with gyazo.

Augustus_GoldNoob_Sohn #2 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 10:24

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1032 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Ticket: File a Ticket ASAP. Nothing else anyone on the Forums can do for you besides instructing you to do the same.

Sucks too. Hope you get it fixed!

Old_Noobette #3 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 10:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10428 battles
This can happen with MODs that have been downloaded from disreputable sources. Sense WOT is granted access through your firewall in order to be played, personal info can be sent though this spyware thats now part of the WOT application.

KaiserWilhelmShatner #4 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 10:30

Major

• Players
  • 12965 battles
  • [GUNS1] GUNS1
I'm just wondering why you waited 2 days.  I would have contacted support the second after I couldnt log back in.

RF_Van #5 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 10:31

Captain

• Players
  • 9509 battles
Wow, what a pain in the butt. I just watched your video and I sincerely hope you can get it resolved.

Metaled #6 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 10:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 16027 battles

For future reference, make sure your wot password is different than your password for ANY other game.  Sometimes game companies get hacked and user passwords stolen. Then the hackers try your passwords on other games....

Not saying that's what happened here, but just a free safety tip. :coin:

heavymetal1967 #7 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 11:32

Major

• Players
  • 58433 battles

Good luck getting it sorted out OP.

Also if you have one I suggest adding a cell phone to your account.  If you change your password they'll require a verification code which is texted to your cellphone.

The blue means the account is in a warning status for teamkilling.  Once you do enough damage to foes it will clear off of your name in the garage.

Also if you haven't changed your password do so now, on both accounts.  Also if you use that password for any other sites I'd strongly consider changing them as well.

Be glad that they changed the password back which tbh makes one think it may be someone you know.   Just curious what about your WoWS account, was it's password changed back?

When you file a ticket I would advised them of the particulars with dates and times (if you can remember them).  If they need proof it'll likely need to be a screenshot or some sort of proof of a transaction.  But if you have access to it, I don't think they'll require it.

Support portal here, https://na.wargaming.net/support

And good luck.

heavymetal1967 #8 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 11:38

Major

• Players
  • 58433 battles

A bit more OP.   Again good luck.

While you have recovered the account, this also deals with getting your account restored.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/content/guide/account_security/recovering-stolen-account/

DONAL #9 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 11:56

Private

• Players
  • 8709 battles

View Postheavymetal1967, on Sep 14 2017 - 10:32, said:

Good luck getting it sorted out OP.

Also if you have one I suggest adding a cell phone to your account.  If you change your password they'll require a verification code which is texted to your cellphone.

The blue means the account is in a warning status for teamkilling.  Once you do enough damage to foes it will clear off of your name in the garage.

Also if you haven't changed your password do so now, on both accounts.  Also if you use that password for any other sites I'd strongly consider changing them as well.

Be glad that they changed the password back which tbh makes one think it may be someone you know.   Just curious what about your WoWS account, was it's password changed back?

When you file a ticket I would advised them of the particulars with dates and times (if you can remember them).  If they need proof it'll likely need to be a screenshot or some sort of proof of a transaction.  But if you have access to it, I don't think they'll require it.

Support portal here, https://na.wargaming.net/support

And good luck.

Yeah Old_Noobette said that it could be because of MODS and I do use Aslains MODS so that might be the issue I've changed my password an also sent a ticket to war gaming

Hopefully I get help and a response from them and about my WOWS account idk I haven't re downloaded it which I need to do soon. 

But while I was playing WOT in my hummel It was kicking me because it say someone was on my WOWS acc which I thought was some kinda of glitch so I left it alone not know that someone could be in my account

johnmadara #10 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 11:59

Major

• Players
  • 31504 battles

View PostKaiserWilhelmShatner, on Sep 14 2017 - 09:30, said:

I'm just wondering why you waited 2 days.  I would have contacted support the second after I couldnt log back in.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users