• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Boneheadded #21 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 21:43

Private

• -Players-
  • 7981 battles
  • [V-E-T] V-E-T

View PostOprawindfury, on Sep 14 2017 - 16:28, said:

I am not a good player but always try my best. I also put a lot of real money into the game for stuff i like. What I don't like is always being harrased mainly by clan palyers about how bad i am. Makes me not want to play anymore.

I feel you on this, I know I am not a terrible player heck I have been constantly improving more so since I got my new computer. There are many times where I feel like I am back in high school again where the jocks rule and everyone else just plain does not matter.

Boneheadded #22 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 21:50

Private

• -Players-
  • 7981 battles
  • [V-E-T] V-E-T

View PostThornir, on Sep 14 2017 - 12:48, said:

Excellent post. 

With regards to a "skill based" MM, how could "skill" be effectively and consistently measured, even? Think about it, pick a current measurement. WR? What if I am purple overall, but suck in a particular tank? Sort me by the tank, or overall? What if my overall WR is a pretty blue, but 90% of my games are platoons with better players? Etc., etc.

if you try to take the random out of random battles, the effort will just lead to detectable "paths" to success, different than the ones we have now, but arguably no better. 

And i I agree wholeheartedly that the effort needs to be made to preserve the player base, because as long as we have players, we'll have a game. 

This is is one of the main reasons I advocate so strongly for people to quit demanding removal of game elements that make it unique and engaging. Yes, arty, but also things like kemping bush and autoloaders and premium ammo and all the things that may frustrate each of us individually from time to time,  but also keep us coming back AND give ALL

players a way and a chance to play the game.

if, as a collective community, we are "successful" in burning WoT to the ground in the effort to gratify our individual, selfish demands - what then? If the other options existed or didn't suck, we wouldn't be here. But they aren't there, or they do suck. 

So ffs, could we please stop trying to destroy parts of the house others live in to try to make it better for a few? Add on to the house. Keep the game alive. 

I think the bigger argument here is that players are not being push to the side I believe that it is the fact that because so many of the better ==> best players cause those who are new, learning or just do not have the time to invest in becoming great loose their interest in the game when they play any number of games and a majority of them are losses. I think it would not be to much of a load to balance the skill bases like the tanks and tank levels to keep the game a challenge but not overwhelm players.

the_Deadly_Bulb #23 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 22:05

Captain

• Players
  • 17663 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostFractured_Raptor, on Sep 14 2017 - 02:52, said:

I'm sure plenty of people have said this already, either in the comments of other threads or with topics of their own, but I thought I'd add my opinion. Match Maker works most of the time. Now and then it drinks the Kool-Aid and stacks one side with super heavies and gives the other side none. Or the amount of Destroyers is laughably one sided. Outside of that it isn't Match Maker that's the problem. It's the player base. For every competent or good player we have there's hundreds of bad ones, don't quote me on that or take it as statistical fact. It's a number for comparison and that's it. That's where the argument for skill based match making comes in .. and that's a terrible idea. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it myself but let's face the facts. We don't have the server numbers to make it viable. Like I said there's more bad than good. While the bad are having decent que times the good players will wait a lot longer to see a match, the really great ones will wait even longer than that. As much as I hate going up against some of them, the ones who don't pad in lower tiers then throw premium in high tiers to look like they're good, no one should be punished to make things easier on the average or bad players.

There's also the mindset of players to consider. A lot of people farm the worse players, worse by comparison to their ability, and if skill based matches were a thing they'd no longer have that. They'd always see people who're on their tier. That means we'd see a metric ton of posts about how it's horrible and I'd rather not deal with that. Outside of making que times longer for better players there's virtually nothing WarGaming can do to fix the problem. Ron White said it best. You can't fix stupid. Sure, some or a good number of the worse off players can be taught and improve but I'd bet my bottom dollar that another big bunch can't. You can sit the tank inside a barn, have it pre aimed at the wall, and they'd still miss. I guess all we can do, for now or forever, is stick to detachments to make sure you're rolling with a crew who's on your tier. And to you bad players out there who read this ... don't take this as an insult. It's a video game and video games are meant to be enjoyable. If you enjoy tanking then keep doing it. You do you and I'll do me, can't vouch for everyone else. See you on the battlefield Commanders!

Yes, plenty have. Very recently too.

I see you had to add your excrement to the pile.

OK, but you could have went here http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/555168-mm-is-broken/#topmost That pile is still fresh. Only the 'OMG' separates yours from theirs. SSDD. :sceptic:

bockscar43 #24 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 22:53

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 24621 battles
  • [PL1AR] PL1AR
You can change the parameters of mm, but to change the abilities of the base is not an option. It would be nice to express ones opinion without it being referred to as a pile of dung by some. Opinions like butt orifices we all have one.......just sayn.  

the_Deadly_Bulb #25 Posted Sep 15 2017 - 01:58

Captain

• Players
  • 17663 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postbockscar43, on Sep 14 2017 - 13:53, said:

You can change the parameters of mm, but to change the abilities of the base is not an option. It would be nice to express ones opinion without it being referred to as a pile of dung by some. Opinions like butt orifices we all have one.......just sayn.

Maybe so but SSDD is still SSDD.

Nothing new to be seen here.

NOTHING.

Its all been said many times.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users